drizzle offensive stall.(yea i know -_-) b/w

hi my name is kenpach2 I've been on smogon for quite awhile but has never posted a rmt. i lurk here and there as a competitive battle. this team was in my head for awhile.. since i never took b/w WiFi battling as serious as i used to i didn't bother trying to make it. it was long since i test it on Pokemon online and it did fantastically well then i began doing competitive battling again. the team is very diverse and flexible in dealing with the top ou threats so with out further ado.

politoed @leftover
Ability: drizzle
EVs:252hp 242spdef 8def
Nature: calm
- scald
- toxic
- ice beam
- protect

what do i need to explain about this fellow?. it great and it has drizzle. the defensive spread allows it to take spec. voltswitch from a roto-h and draco meteor from latios. it required for the team.

Pokemon tornadous @ choice spec
Ability: prankster
EVs: 4hp 252sp.atk 252spe
Nature: timid
- hurricane
- hp- ice
- focus blast
- u-turn

this guy hit like a truck on steroids(if possible). tornadus is a great pokemon with a OK typing but, what amazing about it is his stats and great sp.atk. it great at late game sweep at best and u-turn gives it control and provides momentum on a predicted switch.

breloom @ toxic orb
Ability: poison heal
EVs: 4hp 252atk 252speed
Nature:
- spore
- focus punch
- seed bomb
- substitute

what do i need to say about a breloom except it a great ferrothorn counter and a gastrodon worst nightmare, thanks to spore this thing becomes a threat not to mention with toxic-orb it immune to status. substitute allows it to get a free focus punch in the face.

gastrodon @ left over
Ability: storm drain
EVs: 252 192def 64sp.def
Nature: calm
- recover
- ice beam
- earthquake
- toxic

gastrodon honestly scares the fuck out of me. i mean just look at it. first time i saw it it was creeped me out in the anime. it a great wall and it does it job very good. the set allows me to wall and give cm jirachi hell;in other case it will be the one that gives me it. i mean serious if it isn't for this critter jirachis would be sweeping me. it wall defense tyranitar and usually ohk heatran.

jirachi @ left over
Ability: serene grace
EVs: 252hp 4def 252sp.def
Nature: sassy
- thunder
- iron head
- wish
- stealth rock

speaking of the devil this guy is another of my special defensive walls. it does great and with thunder it spread paralysis on to others. unfortunately this set won't shine as much in b/w 2 do to volt absorb thundurus. guess bodyslam will be in as replacement.

skarmory @ leftover
Ability: sturdy
EVs: 252hp 252def 4sp.def
Nature: impish
- roost
- spike
- whirlwind
- brave bird

this bird don't play game. I've love skarmory since gen 3 and still does today. it a great defensive monster that great at what it does. it main job is to wall gliscor, ferrothorn and other physic:jump:al threat which he do great at.

well thanks for your attention guys all rates and help will be appreciated.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hi, Kenpach2! Nice rain team.

Entry hazards seem like a problem to this team, especially with Tornadus being negatively affected by Stealth Rock. Each time it switches in, it will always lose 25% of its health, making it a less effective sweeper. To fix this problem, I would recommend a Physically Defensive Forretress instead of your current Skarmory. Both these guys play a similar role as physical walls, but Forretress isn't weak to Electric-type moves, and it can provide Rapid Spin support for your team, giving Tornadus more offensive potential. It also provides Spike support like Skarmory did. Gyro Ball hits fast opponents, like Dragon Dancers, while Volt Switch lets you escape from Magnezone, while occasionally giving you a switch-in advantage. Leftovers provides recovery, while Sturdy prevents Forretress from being OHKO'd at full health. I would also recommend an EV spread of 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe for your Jirachi, instead of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. The 32 Speed EVs are key to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar (non-Scarfed variants). Finally, I would replace Tornadus' HP Ice by Rain Dance. Hidden Power Ice is mainly used to target Dragonite, but Hurricane already destroys it, as Hurricane is incredibly powerful. Rain Dance gives you a final chance against opposing teams carrying weather, as Prankster lets it use Rain Dance first before dying. Good team, and good luck! :toast:

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed Nature | 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Spikes | Rapid Spin | Gyro Ball | Volt Switch

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
please improve the length of some of your descriptions, otherwise this thread will be locked.

ok will do later on today. i just thought it will be pretty obvious on what they will do that i dont need to explain that much

Hi, Kenpach2! Nice rain team.

Entry hazards seem like a problem to this team, especially with Tornadus being negatively affected by Stealth Rock. Each time it switches in, it will always lose 25% of its health, making it a less effective sweeper. To fix this problem, I would recommend a Physically Defensive Forretress instead of your current Skarmory. Both these guys play a similar role as physical walls, but Forretress isn't weak to Electric-type moves, and it can provide Rapid Spin support for your team, giving Tornadus more offensive potential. It also provides Spike support like Skarmory did. Gyro Ball hits fast opponents, like Dragon Dancers, while Volt Switch lets you escape from Magnezone, while occasionally giving you a switch-in advantage. Leftovers provides recovery, while Sturdy prevents Forretress from being OHKO'd at full health. I would also recommend an EV spread of 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe for your Jirachi, instead of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. The 32 Speed EVs are key to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar (non-Scarfed variants). Finally, I would replace Tornadus' HP Ice by Rain Dance. Hidden Power Ice is mainly used to target Dragonite, but Hurricane already destroys it, as Hurricane is incredibly powerful. Rain Dance gives you a final chance against opposing teams carrying weather, as Prankster lets it use Rain Dance first before dying. Good team, and good luck! :toast:

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed Nature | 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Spikes | Rapid Spin | Gyro Ball | Volt Switch
thanks for the set but skarmory plays a very important role due to it flying-steel typing. forretress do gain a plus in resistance in the rain but cannot honestly last much. i dont mind hazards to be honest cause i've been in alot of predicaments like that and still came out as winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)