5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Okay, my plan is not to clutter this thread with questions. I will start
RNG'ing on my White 2 (DSi) tomorrow and I just want confirmation on my
steps; please point out if my process is flawed somewhere. I used to be
pretty good with RNG'ing in BW1 and Gen 4, but I took somewhat of a longer break.

Calibration:
I'm at the earliest point in the game where I can use the GTS and
therefore have access to Pokecheck.
I saved in the tall grass at Floccesy Ranch with a Sweet Scenter in my
party. The plan is to use EonTimer set to 25 seconds (custom delay) and
start the timer at the same time I hit the menu button on the DSi to set
the time to 12:00 (for example).
When the timer hits 0 (I'm pretty exact with this), I'm going to start the
game from the main menu by hitting A very briefly (the stylus is not
precise enough in this case). I won't hold A because I don't want
keypresses in my calibration process.
Once I'm in the game, I'll Sweet Scent and catch a Pokemon and upload it
to the Pokecheck fake GTS, giving me the exact IVs, which RNG Reporter
can use, together with the time I started my game at, to calculate my DSi's
parameters.
I will repeat this whole process around 15 times to get an idea of what my
timer0 ranges are. Once I'm sure of the ones I hit the most often, I can
essentially get started on RNG'ing as usual. Hopefully. :D

Oh, there's one question I have: What's the difference between a normal
and a GLAN wondercard and which one do I have to use for the recent
Genesect event thing?
The whole process sounds about right :)

The difference between Glan and regular wondercards is that GLAN wondercards have a set determined gender. Because Genesect is genderless, you need to use the regular wondercard method

When I calibrated my black 2 with a DSlite, I got a range of 1104-1106 for timer0 values, with 1106 being the most common. However today, my timer0 fluctuates between 1104 and 1105 so often that I cant even hit a single seed, and 1106 hasn't popped once so far. What should I do? Recalibrate or switch to 3DS?

I've been using seeds for 1104 and 1105 this whole time, since I couldn't get a 1106. But when I use a seed for 1104, I land on 1105 timer0 and vice versa.

I can't get RNG to work on Black 2.

So I thought I would calibrate ten times (using the same date and time) to see what Timer0's I get, I ended up with these;

1107 x2
1104 x4
1103 x4

I am just trying to capture a 31 IV in HP wild Pokemon from Giant Chasem and I haven't hit it once. I have tried multiple times on all Timer0's. Anyone know what I should try next?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I can't get RNG to work on Black 2.

So I thought I would calibrate ten times (using the same date and time) to see what Timer0's I get, I ended up with these;

1107 x2
1104 x4
1103 x4

I am just trying to capture a 31 IV in HP wild Pokemon from Giant Chasem and I haven't hit it once. I have tried multiple times on all Timer0's. Anyone know what I should try next?
10 is a small sample; I would just calibrate more times and see if 1103 and 1104 are truly the most common Timer0s

Alright, so I'm trying to RNG the shiny Black Haxorus in Nature Preserve.
I've found a seed where the first PID frame has Ability 0.
My Jolly Frame has Ability 1.

I have tried catching the first Frame (Ability 0) and it turns out I hit my seed correctly. Got the correct nature, IVs and gender. With this capture, I got the Ability Rivalry, so this means Ability 1 is Mold Breaker, right?

I start up my game again. After a bit of Timer0 bs I finally hit my seed again and advance to my Jolly Frame. I hit it fine. Get the IVs, Nature and Gender as predicted however my Ability is still Rivalry, despite my Ability box being 1 instead of my previous catpure's 0.

Any idea what's going on here? I know for a fact I'm hitting these seeds 100%. Advancing correctly etc. I've double checked their Abilities and whatnot several times, but whenever I hit the Jolly Frame, I always end up with Rivalry still.
And I know that this Haxorus doesn't have some sort of Ability Lock where it always gets Rivalry because I've seen it have Mold Breaker when my Timer0 has trolled me.

Hey Guys!
I've Been Trying To RNG Some Pokemon. I Am Starting With Kyurem. Please Tell Me If I Am Doing Something Wrong.
1. I Searched For My Seed. This Is The Seed And My Parameters.
Here Is The Seed Info

Next Is The Parameters

Then I Enter The Game 1 Second Before The Time Of 6:31:14(DS Original)
Hold The Keypresses Until The Gamefreak Star Crashes(Select-A-Left)
Come To The Menu And Enter The Game(No C-Gear)
Advance The Frame By 119 Using Chatot's Recorded Chatter(53-172)
Talk To Kyurem And Enter The Battle With My Synch Pokemon First
The Kyurem Isn't Shiny And The IV's Are Incorrect
Does Anyone See Something I Am Doing Wrong?
Yes I Did Do My Parameters A Few Times And Kept Getting That Timer0
Please Respond
Thanks!

^ Only thing I can think of is to keep trying again and again, as the Timer0 can change very often in BW2.
And obviously, make sure you don't lose count of your Chatot's recorded chatters.

Just got my shiny Dreamyard Latias and wanted to share something that tripped me up, in case it would help other shiny hunters. My target PIDRNG frame was 117, my initial PIDRNG frame was supposed to be 43, but doing 74 advances actually got me to frame 124. Happened twice, which was frustrating on top of Timer0 fluctuation.

I don't think the advance is due to Youngster Keita in the doubles grass, as I battled him right beforehand and froze him. Might it be because of Memory Link or does triggering the Lati battle advance the PIDRNG?

(Of course, I might be wrong, and battling Keita doesn't actually freeze him...)

Reading through this thread has been immensely helpful, thank you everyone.

Hey, everyone. I'm the guy that was groaning about RNGing the Wondercard Genesect a few pages back. Anyways, I found a good seed with a nice IV spread I'm trying to hit...

And something goes wrong. Here are the details:

Seed: 9A5F216C8705E598
Nature: Hasty
31/31/30/31/30/30
Date: 10/02/2012
Time: 5:33:06
Button Press: Select
Starting Frame 56
Target Frame: 159
Difference: 103 Chatot Summaries

But every time I've done it (about 3-4 times now), I get this Genesect:
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Likes to relax
HP 50 (29)
Atk 42 (7-13)
Def 37 (4-9)
SAtk 39 (20-26)
SDef 33 (0-3)
Spe 38 (22-28)

There's an adjacent seed on frame 158 for an Impish Genesect and these IV ranges match what the timer finder shows for that seed. If it helps my Timer0 is 10F5, and the Timer0 for that seed is 10F4. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

There's an adjacent seed on frame 158 for an Impish Genesect and these IV ranges match what the timer finder shows for that seed. If it helps my Timer0 is 10F5, and the Timer0 for that seed is 10F4. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
You already solved your own problem. Keep retrying it until you hit 10F5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)