Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Shiny, reserving for you

Sorry it took so long! Anyway, how about taking REJECTED the Grimer?

This grimer is a big fan of smogon forums, but was appalled to find koffing as the mascot! Grimer thinks that in order to become the smogon mascot he must imitate koffing in every way. He must always hold an air balloon once you get to PWT, since it imitates having the levitate ability. If it pops then he gets depressed and thinks that he might not be up for the challenge of becoming a koffing. He must solo 2 marrils since he thinks that the marriland forums may be better suited for him before he can battle again. If he solos 2 marrils and does not hold the air balloon he has to either never be in a battle or be in every battle until you get him another one. REJECTED wants to destroy his specially walling uses that he previously had been used for in favor of Koffing's physical walling. It means that if you are hit by a physical attack with over 70BP or is super-effective and you live you ignore the popping off the air balloon and must solo the gym trainers of the next gym. If it is hit by a special attack, however, then:
Absolutely nothing happens! :D

After that horrible restriction, I will throw this last hurdle at you: it saw that guy saying that grimer should be bottom tier in the in-game tier list for this game, and was absolutely outraged at it, that means that it must come in and destroy every pokemon in bottom tier and their evolutionary relatives.
Also, because he thinks that he is not bigger than koffing he thinks he will mess everything up if he uses minimize. Therefore he may never use the attack.
Optional: Solo Marlon to evolve, as he likes marrils and that's marriland.

I might be missing something, but how can Grimer ever solo Marlon? My Zubat had to solo it at first, which then (I think, shiny did not verify this) got changed to Colress, as JimeraO said his Magnemite wanted to solo Marlon, so I was lenient and changed my solo to Colress. However, now you want your Grimer to solo Marlon too. Somehow I don't think that will work out. Or that was a taunting optional challange and grimer can just never evolve. :)

EDIT: yeah for shitty 300th post. :)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know that Skarmory almost only has early game mons with, Snivy, Sunkern, Grimer, , magnemite, zubat and scraggy

also big flying weakness

btw present you posted your 300th post

WAnt to name my rival after one of you, first who responds gets the name

Which do you thing is the hardest, would like to know, like to hear a reason too. THNX
1. Present's Zubat. Because fuck you Present.

2. Sunkern. Because it's Sunkern.

3. Your Scraggy because its restriction prevents me from abusing an awesome loophole I found in Snivy.

4. Snivy. Soloing my rival's starter with Leaf Tornado will be fun. But because of the FUCKING SCRAGGY which has to be lowest level, I can't leave Snivy in the bot at level 15 until I have a ton of TMs to teach him.

5. Grimer. No move restrictions and no solos, all I have to do is abuse Minimize.

6. Magnemite. He forgot that Magneton has Double Edge so GG Jimera

If I complete this run I complete my journey from random user to LEGEND.

I wonder if anybody else in this thread is manly enough to step up to the plate.

3. Your Scraggy because its restriction prevents me from abusing an awesome loophole I found in Snivy.

4. Snivy. Soloing my rival's starter with Leaf Tornado will be fun. But because of the FUCKING SCRAGGY which has to be lowest level, I can't leave Snivy in the bot at level 15 until I have a ton of TMs to teach him.
I think these two go hand in hand. Scraggy can't learn Tm/Hm/Move Tutor unless everyone else has it, Snivy will (most likely) never have those moves.

What was the loophole btw? I'm curious if it was what I intended. (Not going to change the challenge, just curious)

^^He forgot that Marlon has a Jellicent. That knows Scald. GG shinyskarmory.

EDIT: Actually did a double check, turns out Magneton DOESN'T get Double-Edge in gen V anyway, so even if it would help you (and it wouldn't) you'd still not be able to use it :P.

In fact, Magnetons entire physical moveset consists of Electric, Normal and Steel moves. You can't use Electric, so you're left with Normal and Steel. Better start thinking of some alternative strategies I think.

Update 1 for W2 challange.

Just defeated Cheren, it was a pretty close match. Effect comes out first because Fluffy can't fight the Leader's first pokemon. Effect Watergun's Cheren's Patrat to death as it needlessly boosts itself with Work Up. (Tackle:50pp, W-Gun: 40pp)

Fluffy comes in to take on Cheren's Lillipup, they're trading hits, tackle for tackle. On Fluffy's 5th turn he gets knocked into the red but also paralyzes Lillipup with static! That makes 6 paralyzes out of 10 for evolution. I heal Fluffy as Lillipup uses Work Up, Fluffy is now a 2hko from Lillipup's tackle. T-shock and full paralysis lands me a well-earned victory and the Basic Badge.

Team:
Effect the Oshawott:
Lax, Torrent, No item
Water Gun (40bp)
Tackle (50bp)
Tail Whip (no dmg)
Water Sport (no dmg)

Fluffy the Mareep:
Lax, Static, no item
Tackle
Growl
T-Wave
T-Shock
Required paralyzes: 6/10

Plans for the team:
Give Effect Return, as it's damage is unspecified in game :P
Keep Fluffy as a Mareep until it learns Take Down at 19, then evolve and eventually tutor Ampharos with Fire Punch and something else.

Edit: I've taught Return to both pokes, and it is sadly underpowered for now. I was knocked out by a +5 defense Lv 11 Dunsparce using Rollout. Effect could only use Return and Fluffy's electric types can't hit ground types. UPDATE: Dunsparce isn't ground, I'm just kinda slow.

I think these two go hand in hand. Scraggy can't learn Tm/Hm/Move Tutor unless everyone else has it, Snivy will (most likely) never have those moves.

What was the loophole btw? I'm curious if it was what I intended. (Not going to change the challenge, just curious)
That was the loophole. I was planning to leave Snivy in the box after he hits level 15 until I hit a rival battle because IIRC there's a really long time between them, then pull him out, teach him a ton of TMs, evolve him, and level him up to whatever level he needs to be to take on the other starter.

^^He forgot that Marlon has a Jellicent. That knows Scald. GG shinyskarmory.

EDIT: Actually did a double check, turns out Magneton DOESN'T get Double-Edge in gen V anyway, so even if it would help you (and it wouldn't) you'd still not be able to use it :P.

In fact, Magnetons entire physical moveset consists of Electric, Normal and Steel moves. You can't use Electric, so you're left with Normal and Steel. Better start thinking of some alternative strategies I think.
Okay.

Magneton @ Choice Band
-Magnet Bomb
-Return
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion

Challenge Accepted.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Celever, don't worry you can be my rival in my future SS scramble

@Shiny Skarmory, you know that Scraggy must have the lowest STATS as well and as Golbat will probably evolve the latest after soloing Colress, I think around level 50-55. If that is true you can evolve Scraggy at level 60-65

jon_eod, you should realize that return does have a base power and that it WILL cap out at 102. Using that will therefore break the bp challange. So, if you adhere to the challange correctly, as soon as Effect likes you too much, you cannot use Return anymore.

Celever

i am town
Shiny, I forgot to add on this challenge and you reminded me in that comment you made, so I added it on if that's OK with you:
"Also, because he thinks that he is not bigger than koffing he thinks he will mess everything up if he uses minimize. Therefore he may never use the attack."

Also Snaquaza, I was fine letting blob be the rival.

Snaquaza

KACAW
1. Present's Zubat. Because fuck you Present.

2. Sunkern. Because it's Sunkern.

4. Snivy. Soloing my rival's starter with Leaf Tornado will be fun. But because of the FUCKING SCRAGGY which has to be lowest level, I can't leave Snivy in the bot at level 15 until I have a ton of TMs to t

each him.

5. Grimer. No move restrictions and no solos, all I have to do is abuse Minimize.

If I complete this run I complete my journey from random user to LEGEND.

I wonder if anybody else in this thread is manly enough to step up to the plate.
I Will i Will do a soulsilver scramble with THE same rules as skarms, Will start it in two weeks as next week i go to england, i Will routine between that one and platinum, than i also wont get bored from one

Link to rules from Skarm http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4653250&postcount=8557

Don't forget about Kanto and Hoenn/Sinnoh sound pokemon, as well as headbuttable Pokemon

My challanges:

Reserving a Machop for snaquaza.

"We're gonna have fun with this thang!" -Riggs

EDIT: snaquaza, I'd like to continue the tradition I've started with giving Pathfinder-themed Pokemon. As such...

Take Valeros the Machop.

Valeros is living a simple life when you first find him, about to settle down in Andoran with marriage to a local farmer's daughter. Valeros cannot use any attacking moves until he is Level 12. You must catch him before this point. Also, he must be male because flavor. When he reaches Level 12, however, Valeros discovers that life isn't all about being simple - it's about ADVENTURE. Once Valeros hits Level 12, he must learn all physical attacking moves ASAP. Yes, this means using your hard-earned TMs on him when you can to get him those four moves. All four of these moves must be either Normal or Fighting typed.Originally, Valeros only has his trusty longsword, but when he hits Level 20, his maximum level as a Fighter, he learns a few new tricks...such as being a Dirty Fighter, and the use of Alchemist's Fire. Once Valeros hits Level 20, he must replace one of his attacking moves of your choice with a nonattacking move. You may also replace a move of your choice, at any time, with a Fire attack of your choice. However, Valeros likes life the way it is, and doesn't want it to change. That is, until he finds a fellow believer in the way of the sword. OPTIONAL: Valeros must solo Chuck in order to evolve to Machoke. He may never evolve into Machamp. Finally, Valeros learns that the Runelords are rising once more, and he must combat this threat by taking down one of them, a rider of dragons, trusting the rest of his old adventuring parties to take down the remaining ones... Regardless of whether he soloes Chuck or not, Valeros must solo Clair.

IN SUMMARY:
Valeros' Restrictions

gl;hf

Flower the Cyndaquil from Shinyskarmory
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4657941&postcount=8653
Thanks for the input, Sanquaza. Anyway, here is your short , but hopefully difficult challenge:

Catch a Ledyba called Fatigue. It has a syndrome that drains its energy. It can a. never evolve b. never be abnormal, so it can only use normal type moves. c. only battle against trainers (battling wild pokemon also will drain its energy sooooooo much). d. never use any items (so tiring), except for in-battle use. (no rare candies, calcium, etc.). To be clear: it can only gain exp from knocking out trainer owned pokemon. (no exp. share, etc.). e. never hold items (so heavy, ugh). f. In case you were thinking about rebattling trainers, Fatigue does not do this. Fighting them once was tiring enough as it is.

You force it to solo a gym leader, and it gets even more useless. It will switch out upon being hit twice in one battle or falling below half health, and when it does, it uses 20% (quantity) of your healing items inside your bag every time this happens(trashes them). (=potions / revives / max elixers etc. again NO calcium / rare candies etc.)

You also force it to solo an elite four the first time you face them, and you force it to stay in, so no switching out. Then, because you think it is so useless, you force it to solo a different elite four the second time around, still with the same restrictions. You bastard!

Upon completing this challange, Fatigue gets deadly tired, and cannot leave the first spot of your team anymore. It must stay in the first slot and must always stay alive. (no faint-abusing).

GL

Ps: if this is too easy, just tell me. ^^

Anyway, snaquaza, take deaf the yanma.
Deaf used to be a lively, hearing yanma who loved to cause mischief. Every night Deaf would fly around town breaking all of the windows with its supersonic attack. However, one night everything went wrong, traumatizing Deaf forever.

Cue flashback!

The mayor of the city was tired of Yanma, so he got some guitarists to make him Deaf.

End flashback!

Anyway, that means that Yanma must come in and destroy any electric types you see, since guitariats always use them (and they're not in this game). What city did he love causing trouble around you ask? Well, it's a city with lots of windows for him to smash, so it is of course Goldenrod! And the mayor of the city? Whitney of course. Deaf seeks revenge on Whitney, so he must solo her. However he doesn't want Whitney to think that he can only solo her thanks to a load of levels he grinded. No, you must catch yanma and solo Whitney with yanma in that exact same level. At the exact same form. The only levels he may gain between you capturing him are against the mayor's phonies, that gym trainers.
Since Yanma is deaf, he cannot use any sound based moves. You know, moves like supersonic or sonicboom, the moves that make him usable early-game.

I don't have any more material right now, but you can always tell me to make it harder.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4658085&postcount=8657

Ok, snaquaza, take Tracey the venonat.

Tracey the venonat was owned by Tracey. He ventured all around the orange islands and he is proud of it. He wants everyone to know he was that venonat.
Tracey Sketchit's venonat is very well known for using his supersonic rays, so your venonat must have supersonic. He must have supersonic and must keep it forever. And also use it in every gym battle... against every pokemon... 3 times. Unless it collides with another challenge.
Furthermore, Travey's venonat can use only sleep powder and tackle. So.. only tackle as a move to actually attack.

Also must keep sleep powder.

Have fun! ;)

I Will i Will do a soulsilver scramble with THE same rules as skarms, Will start it in two weeks as next week i go to england, i Will routine between that one and platinum, than i also wont get bored from one
If I could, I would have reserved right now. Really looking forward to making a challange for you. I promise you it would be as difficult as the one I gave to shiny.

Celever

i am town
Ok snaquaza, I am looking forward to giving you a challenge this time, since soulsilver is home to my third-favorite pokemon (I... think) so I suppose you'll be getting a yanma. Unfortunately I can't think of a challenge right now, but I will reserve for you.

As difficult or harder, eh?

Reserving a SHUCKLE. Let's see how insane I can make this...

Snaquaza

KACAW
Can anyone help me with an Yamask challenge, i want to make a love story, but i have no ideas for restrictions Edit: no need already have the restrictions

Is there anyone else brave enough to take a no restrictions scramble

Edit: So Present (You can reserve already), AOPSUser, Celever, Shinyskarmory have reserved already.

I like this, it is going fast

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Reserving a Machop for snaquaza.

"We're gonna have fun with this thang!" -Riggs

EDIT: snaquaza, I'd like to continue the tradition I've started with giving Pathfinder-themed Pokemon. As such...

Take Valeros the Machop.

Valeros is living a simple life when you first find him, about to settle down in Andoran with marriage to a local farmer's daughter. Valeros cannot use any attacking moves until he is Level 12. You must catch him before this point. Also, he must be male because flavor. When he reaches Level 12, however, Valeros discovers that life isn't all about being simple - it's about ADVENTURE. Once Valeros hits Level 12, he must learn all physical attacking moves ASAP. Yes, this means using your hard-earned TMs on him when you can to get him those four moves. All four of these moves must be either Normal or Fighting typed.Originally, Valeros only has his trusty longsword, but when he hits Level 20, his maximum level as a Fighter, he learns a few new tricks...such as being a Dirty Fighter, and the use of Alchemist's Fire. Once Valeros hits Level 20, he must replace one of his attacking moves of your choice with a nonattacking move. You may also replace a move of your choice, at any time, with a Fire attack of your choice. However, Valeros likes life the way it is, and doesn't want it to change. That is, until he finds a fellow believer in the way of the sword. OPTIONAL: Valeros must solo Chuck in order to evolve to Machoke. He may never evolve into Machamp. Finally, Valeros learns that the Runelords are rising once more, and he must combat this threat by taking down one of them, a rider of dragons, trusting the rest of his old adventuring parties to take down the remaining ones... Regardless of whether he soloes Chuck or not, Valeros must solo Clair.

IN SUMMARY:
-Valeros cannot use any attacking moves until he is Level 12. You must catch him before this point. Also, he must be male because flavor.
-Once Valeros hits Level 12, he must learn all physical attacking moves ASAP. Yes, this means using your hard-earned TMs on him when you can to get him those four moves. All four of these moves must be either Normal or Fighting typed.
-Once Valeros hits Level 20, he must replace one of his attacking moves of your choice with a nonattacking move. You may also replace a move of your choice, at any time, with a Fire attack of your choice.
-OPTIONAL: Valeros must solo Chuck in order to evolve to Machoke. He may never evolve into Machamp.
-Regardless of whether he soloes Chuck or not, Valeros must solo Clair.

gl;hf

Wow, looks like stuff started getting real in my absence.

Anyway, here's the first entry in my HeartGold scramble. OP.

I knew this was going to be hard when Pika25 issued me with my first Pokemon; Illuminate the Staryu, and I knew it was going to get harder as Chikorita was going to be my only Pokemon until I got to Union Cave (so yes, Chikorita did end up solo'ing all of Sprout Tower and all of those bellsprout with their annoying 4x resistences to Grass, but more on that later).

But I didn't think too much into it until at the into to the game Professor Oak told me that difficult experiences await me. Great, I thought, even the NPCs are in on this.

Now it's time for a little tidbit, don't you just love learning stuff about me? Pokemon Crystal was my first Pokemon game (besides Stadium 1, but that doesn't count) and there were these two NPCs, one mentions the Professor Elm discovered a new Pokemon, and one mentions the PokeGear, but in my mind I always sort of just merged their lines together whenever I tried to remember them, and I thought they said, 'I heard Elm discovered some new Pokemon called Gear'. That's right, I predicted Klink (Japanese name: Gear) back in 2001. I swear I am not making this up, I honestly thought that was what they said. Anyway, I'm sure there's a story I'm supposed to be telling somewhere here.

Ah yes.

I decided to talk to NPC's in town, Lyra's Dad and I had an awkward conversation that went something like, 'Oh Recec, why aren't you playing with your... Pokemon? Oh, you don't have one. Sorry if I hurt your feelings'. He's a jerk.

So after wasting everyone's time, I went and spoke to Elm, he was blabbing on about walking with Pokemon, see if something happens, whatever. Then he got an e-mail from Mr Pokemon, apparently this time "it's for real" so apparently Mr Pokemon had been faking scientific discoveries in the past, I figured that's why Elm sent me to go there instead of doing it himself, he probably thought it was just another phony baloney discovery. But Elm, wouldn't let me go alone, no, he let me choose a partner. Except I didn't get to choose, Organisation Member XIV chose for me, so that's how I ended up with Support the female, Chikorita, whose nature was............................................................................................................................................................................................................ Bold, not Quiet! Suck it Emerald!

So because Bold isn't a nature you see on your standard sweepers or walls, I looked at the stats screen to see what stats it affects. Unfortunately I am red-green colourblind, so I can't see the red writing (it looks white to me, just like the normal stats) and I didn't feel like looking up what it did, so I got my little sister to tell me... anyway, +Def -Atk. That -Atk is going to make the early game extra annoying, and it did.

So I decided to talk to Support before we left, and she sneezed on me. Yeah, I can tell this is going to be the start of something.

I went home to speak to Mum, who taught me how to use a phone, despite the fact I told her I already knew, and then my journey was off. First thing I noticed when I stepped onto Route... 28(?) was that Dude wasn't there, which is a shame, Dude, was the best name for an NPC ever!

It wasn't long until I reached Cherrygrove City, where an old guy gave me a tour, and then some shoes, and then left me. I was really confused, didn't he give you the map? As I went to leave Cherrygrove I walked past the PokeMart, I considered stepping inside, but figured, I already have all the Potions I'll need, so I won't need anything there, and proceeded onto Route 29, where the old man stopped me and gave me the map. I knew he forgot it.

So walked onto Route 29, encountered a Spinarak straight away, and it's very first attack was Poison Sting, and it poisoned Support, so yeah, there was a reason for me to go to the Pokemart after all. This Route was quite the pain in the lower back. For you see Support had just learnt Razor Leaf, and as she is only allowed to know one attacking move, I decided to "replace" Tackle with it. (Basically I'm not using Tackle.) This may have a poor choice because well, do the math: Bold nature + Razor Leaf + Lot's of Spinarak = little damage.

After what seemed like an eternity of running from Spinarak, I got to Mr Pokemon's house, but by that point I didn't care, I was just like; give me the egg, give me the best Pokedex ever (seriously, so easy to navigate, it's brilliant) and let me go. And let me go they did.

On the way home, I ran into a red-haired boy, who told me Support was too good for me. I tried to explain that she isn't really that good, what with all the restrictions, but he wouldn't have any of that and challenged me to a battle, where he employed the brilliant strategy of 'Spam Leer'. Anyway, he then had a little rant and took off. When I got to Elm's lab, the world's worst Police Officer accused me of being the criminal just because I had the audacity to walk into the lab, oh and why didn't you say anything Elm? I think it's a conspiracy, he gave Cyndaquil to Silver (that's what I named him btw.) then claimed it was stolen in an attempt to get me arrested. Thank goodness Lyra showed up in time, to talk some sense into everybody.

I followed Lyra outside, where she taught me how to catch a Pokemon, and that's why Dude was better, he wasn't compulsory. Gen 2 is da best!

So with nothing to go on other than, hey beat the gyms because plot, I decided to head to Violet city, on the way we meet Youngster Joey, who -according to my avatar - switched sides of the road in the remake. After trouncing him no problem, I gave him my number, because if you don't, you're playing Pokemon wrong!

I arrived in Violet city, and spoke to Primo to get the secret eggs and wallpapers. One of the codes for a wallpaper was 'Trainer want normalize father'. When I saw that I started pissing myself laughing. We all want a normal father in our Pokemon games.

I then felt it was time to have Support solo Sprout Tower. But not without being promised 'a wonderful move for anyone who reaches the top'. When I got to the top, Silver was already there, being told that 'Pokemon are not tools of war', because fuck Pokemon Conquest it was a shit game! So now it was my turn to battle Elder Li (I see what you did there Game Freak). Yeah, trounced him no problem and Support evolved. I shouldn't get used to evolutions though, they're going to be few and far between (Inanimate Blob, Exbo, Jimera0 >:/ ).

Next up was the gym where my advice was, 'Grass types are weak against Flying types, remember this and you'll be fine'. Yeah, thanks, I'll try to keep that in mind.

Anyway, Falkner was easy, I just poisoned his Pidgeotto and just sat there, it could have gone on for ages, but after the second Roost he just gave up, so oh well. Badge get!

Support/Bayleef (F)
Level 17
Nature: Bold
Synthesis
Growl
Razor Leaf
PoisonPowder

Definite MVP, no one else on the team even comes close to comparing. In all honesty, everything's proving to be quite trivial because she's so overleveled, that'll probably stop being a problem soon enough though.

In the next part, I'll catch Behemoth and take on Bugsy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)