Type Chart Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
No. GrassSludge (as I call it) is the new BoltBeam. Energy Ball/Giga Drain with Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave makes an unresisted combination, except for Sawsbuck. Bolt-Beam is resisted by pure Ground-types, maybe more, IDK.
It's also resisted by any Flying-type as long as they don't carry a secondary type to make them weak to BoltBeam

This tier looks so fucking cool. I don't have a lot of time now, so I'll probably get more into it later, but for now I can say that Cradily-Gyarados looks like a really strong defensive core, only weak to Fire and Grass (off the top of my head, please add any that I may have missed). Pair that with Metagross, and you're starting to look pretty dangerous. Steel is a pretty good offensive type here, Metagross can afford to run MM + BP as its only moves because it's only resisted by Ice + Rock, leaving two other slots open for Agility, SR, Gravity, or using Ice Punch for coverage against Ice, or Return for Rock.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After playing it i have realised it is a weather dominant game, and i have noticed that CB Stoutland can plough through teams with an unresisted, powerful STAB.

EV

Banned deucer.
After playing it i have realised it is a weather dominant game, and i have noticed that CB Stoutland can plough through teams with an unresisted, powerful STAB.
Which is why Ghosts are so important even if they're weak to the common Poison, and as far as I know, Stoutland doesn't have a Poison-type attack.

I think Normal/Flying is a good combo, too, as only Shedinja is immune to both (as mentioned earlier I believe) and it dies to Sand that powers aforementioned Stoutland.

Which is why Ghosts are so important even if they're weak to the common Poison, and as far as I know, Stoutland doesn't have a Poison-type attack.

I think Normal/Flying is a good combo, too, as only Shedinja is immune to both (as mentioned earlier I believe) and it dies to Sand that powers aforementioned Stoutland.
Yeah, Ghosts are very important. If Stoutland had a Poison-type attack, he would be overpowered. If Stoutland had a Bug-type attack, he would be overpowered. Thankfully, he has neither.

Normal+Poison attacks allow a Pokémon to hit every single Pokémon in the game for neutral damage (bar Kitsunoh and Necturna, who don't count for this). However, Normal and Flying do indeed reach a similar standard of excellence for hitting everything (bar Shedinja) neutrally. The only other attack type combinations which get extremely close to hitting everything neutrally or better with Normal are Normal+Psychic (stopped by Shedinja and Gengar), Normal+Dragon (stopped by Shedinja and Giratina, which is Ubers), and Normal+Steel (stopped by Shedinja and Froslass). Of these, only Normal/Flying and Normal/Psychic (Girafarig and Meloetta-A) are types which Pokémon have dual-STABs on. So yes, Normal/Flying is a good typing, especially since it is only weak to two types (unfortunately, those are common types: Grass and Bug).

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah stoutland gets walled by ghosts (unless your using scrappy) since it doesn't get bug or poison moves and it cannot pursuit them.

Also, I have noticed another useful normal type, kangaskahn. He has scrappy so he can hit jellicient and confagrigas and is strong with decent bulk and an alright form of recovery, wish. Fake out is really helpful at revenge killing, he is a great poke with no weakness or STAB resistors.

Anty

let's drop
I haven't thought about unbanning/certain pokes, but despite sand being the best weather so far, Stoutland seems to be the better sweeper with an unresisted STAB, but Excadrill does have great coverage with steel, bug and poison (only resisted by Snover family) and access to swords dance. Blazekin has the same situation, good speed plus attack (with abilities and sd) but not so good stabs. Also they both are weak to sizors priority, bullet punch.

What do you guys think?

Steel/Ground has fairly good offensive coverage; with a Sandstorm setter, Sand Rush Excadrill is just as potent. But suddenly, Steel type dies to everything. If he doesn't OHKO, he gets OHKO'd. Unban.

A better question is whether or not to unban Genesect, Dialga, other Uber Steel-types, etc.

EV

Banned deucer.
Oh god, Download Genesect back? Bug is pretty good offensively. So is Steel. It won't need to run Ice Beam/Flamethrower whatever. Its STABs are now much more potent.

Anty

let's drop
Yeah excadril doesn't look very over powered especially when it is OHKOed by siczors bullet punch after rock but if it sets up a swords dance in the sand he can easily sweep if there aren't priority users.

Also, what about tornadous-t? Rain isn't the dominant weather anymore and focus blast has bad coverage but it does get sludge wave.

Also blacken and thundurus-I dont look that over powered either, being weak to some priorities.

I think we should unban escadril definately, and maybe blaziken, thundurus and tornadus-t.

Oh god, Download Genesect back? Bug is pretty good offensively. So is Steel. It won't need to run Ice Beam/Flamethrower whatever. Its STABs are now much more potent.
I don't know... It seems like Genesect is completely walled by Abomasnow.

^Please don't quote that out of context...

Arcticblast edit 10/18: just posted this in Uncharted Territory, time to quote this out of context \o/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)