Team Black Wolf

Team Black Wolf
(Orange=Edit)

Intro:
When Pokémon Black & White came out, I was startled to find a Pokémon with an ability to look like other Pokémon, that Pokémon was Zoroark. This team is based around Zoroark, ultimately tending to his needs. This also allows Swampert and Yanmega to sweep with a SPAtk set but ill get to that later. Please Rate and give me any input you think I need.

The Team:

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Extrasensory
- Shadow Ball

This is no revenge killer set, this is a sweeping set. First of all you must be thinking, how is Zoroark gonna survive with out a guaranteed Ohko? Although frail, when my lead (Bronzong) sets up Light Screen and Reflect Zoroark and everyone else gets a %50 Def/SDef boost. To start his sweeping, Mew Sets up Nasty plot as much as he can handle (keep in mind Mew then uses baton pass). This makes Zoroarks Special Attack go up a whopping 678!(With just one boost!)

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp/Barrier (May be used if you think Reflect isn't enough)
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
Mew is an Extraordinary Zoroark supporter in this set. Already armed with lots of defensive weapons already in its hands, (252 HP, 252 SDef, Reflect, Light Screen if active) Will-O-Wisp really puts the hammer down. Since helping Zoroark is the real objective in this set, Mew was a perfect choice for my team, being able to help out his teammates while also defending himself.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
Bronzong is my Lead on this team due to the fact that he can execute Reflect & Light Screen with out getting too damaged. Light Clay allows Zoroark a longer protection time, increasing his kill streak. Earthquake, allows a solid STAB attack to eliminate threats such as Raikou. Stealth Rock will wear down most flying types.

Swampert @ Choice Specs
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Swampert is one of the Pokémon on my team that ends up benefitting greatly from Mew's Nasty Plot boost. Hydro Pump & Earth Power is helpful STAB taking down inexcusable threats such as: Chandelure, Cobalion, and Arcanine.
Ice Beam takes care of Flygon and Sceptile, while HP Fire takes care of absolutely ANY Grass-Type threats that might end his streak before it even starts.

Venomoth@Leftovers
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Baton Pass
As most of the users who rated this team, all of them wanted me to have a Venomoth instead of Hitmontop. I sort of like the idea of this set: I can easily sweep and recover AND Baton Pass. This will allow anybody that I Baton Pass to, to get a Special Defense boost. This is very nice considering that Zoroark is already majorly crippled.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Yanmega starts with Protect which boosts its speed by two. This makes it impossible for opponents not choice scarfed to catch up. Air Slash will help support Zoroark against any fighting types that will be difficult for Zoroark to handle, HP Ice will take care of grass types (gotta protect Swampert). While Bug Buzz adds STAB and also takes out any Dark Type that threaten the back-bone of my team: Mew.

Importable:

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Illusion
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Extrasensory

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Barrier
- Psychic

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Venomoth
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Baton Pass

Swampert @ Choice Specs
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Thanks for rating! This is my first RMT so.......
Thank You!

Hey, and welcome to Smogon! Wow, this is a pretty unique team and I really love some of the sets on here. I have to give you cool points for using Specs Swampert, that's just a really creative and awesome set you got there. With that said, I'll try to throw in my two cents and help make this team better because I really do see potential in this team.

The first thing that I recommend you do is get rid of that Hitmontop. Hitmontop can be an effective Pokemon, but it really isn't doing much for your team in this case because nothing on your team is weak to Stealth Rock. (I'm sorry I didn't see the Yanmega when writing this >.> I still think you should sack the Hitmontop however.) It's pretty safe to say that he can go. Now, what should replace Hitmontop?

What I notice about this team the most is that you're putting enormous pressure on Mew, and if Mew does ever go down, the entire team will be crippled. This is why I recommend you replace Hitmontop with a Pokemon that is also very effective at passing Sp. Attack boosts; Vemomoth. Venomoth is an excellent Quiver-Passer and I think it will serve this team well.

That's all I can say! Good luck with your team :)

Hey, and welcome to Smogon! Wow, this is a pretty unique team and I really love some of the sets on here. I have to give you cool points for using Specs Swampert, that's just a really creative and awesome set you got there. With that said, I'll try to throw in my two cents and help make this team better because I really do see potential in this team.

The first thing that I recommend you do is get rid of that Hitmontop. Hitmontop can be an effective Pokemon, but it really isn't doing much for your team in this case because nothing on your team is weak to Stealth Rock. (I'm sorry I didn't see the Yanmega when writing this >.> I still think you should sack the Hitmontop however.) It's pretty safe to say that he can go. Now, what should replace Hitmontop?

What I notice about this team the most is that you're putting enormous pressure on Mew, and if Mew does ever go down, the entire team will be crippled. This is why I recommend you replace Hitmontop with a Pokemon that is also very effective at passing Sp. Attack boosts; Vemomoth. Venomoth is an excellent Quiver-Passer and I think it will serve this team well.

That's all I can say! Good luck with your team :)
Thanks, but im pretty sure Venemoth cant use Rapid spin very well, which just adds another Pokémon for me to get worried about. So should I never use those two to Pokémon when Stealth Rock is up?

Thanks, but im pretty sure Venemoth cant use Rapid spin very well, which just adds another Pokémon for me to get worried about. So should I never use those two to Pokémon when Stealth Rock is up?

In the end, it's your decision, but maybe Venomoth>Bronzong? I don't use Rapid Spin that much and it was kind of silly to completely neglect it on this team. Dual Screens can be helpful, but I really think you need to relieve some of the pressure on Mew.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there, CookieMonsterz. Looks like an amazing team. I really like that Swampy with Choice Specs. Might have to try it on a team one of these days. Now onto the team:

1) Mew's typing doesn't make it a very good special wall and needs to be a physical wall. Switch EVs in Def and the 4 Spd EVs into SDef. Mew's item needs to be Leftovers not Sitrus Berry.

2) Hitmontop just seems useless to me. Only Yanmega is weak to SR on this team and with Protect, Yanmega can gain Speed Boosts freely and thus outspeeding the metagame unless he gets Paralyzed. Yanmega can then take out threats slower than it with little worries, especially with a Nasty Plot boost. I suggest replacing Hitmontop with Venomoth, like GenXXZ said. Venomoth can lead with putting the opposing hazard setter as most are slower than Venomoth, then proceed to get a couple Quiver Dances up, Sleep Powder again, then Baton Pass to Zoroark, Swampert (who could use the Speed Boosts), and Yanmega.

3) Since Venomoth is a typical lead, I suggest making Bronzong the standard tank set from Smogon with SR/Gyro Ball/Toxic/Earthquake and 0 Spd IVs to have Gyro Ball hit as hard.

Overall changes:
Mew's EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 SpA >>>>> 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Hitmontop >>>>> Venomoth (Baton Pass set)

Bronzong Dual Screen set >>>>> Bronzong Tank set from Smogon

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Okay, there's definitely a couple of errors that need to be addressed here, although it is a pretty good team overall.

1) On yanmega, you say you're running HP Ice to be able to hit Grass types. Your other moves are both stab and super effective against grass, so I'm not sure what you're on about. Appropriate coverage moves for Yanmega are HP Rock, HP Ground, or Giga Drain.

2) If you're set on using Bronzong dual screens, you shouldn't really use EQ in your fourth moveslot. Not only is it easily evaded, but it's not STAB (like you thought it was) and it's not very strong without investment. Go with Gyro Ball, or perhaps Explosion to keep the momentum up. I do second the idea to just make it the Tank set, though.

3) That mew is kind of iffy. Try a Venomoth, as suggested above, or perhaps a lead Shell-Smash smeargle. Also, if you're set on using mew, please don't use a Sitrus berry, it's practically useless. The only items you should be considering would be Leftovers, or perhaps an Iron Ball if you think you're tanky enough to take hits, as it allows you to pull off a slow baton pass and shield damage from whatever you're passing it into. You could also run Trick-Iron Ball at this point, but it's a bit gimmicky.

4) Swampert doesn't need HP Fire. Like Yanmega's HP Ice, it's not hitting anything else that it doesn't already. You say in your descriptions that it keeps it from being walled by grass types, but it really doesn't. Not only is Ice Beam far stronger than HP Fire against grass types, but every common grass type in the tier already outspeeds swampert, so there wouldn't be much point in running it as extra coverage anyway. Instead, I suggest surf for reliable water stab that will let you clean up late game without having to worry about Hydro misses.

Finally, the big one.

5) I know that this team is supposed to be centered around Zoroark, but this is unfortunately the completely wrong use for Zoroark. By Nasty passing to it, you're hardly using its illusion very well - it becomes immediately obvious that whatever you copied isn't it because nothing can learn those moves on your team except for the thing that passed it to him. Furthermore, Zoroark just doesn't have the offensive stats to be a very good sweeper, even at +2, and he's far too frail behind screens (and grounded, weak to priority, and easily statusable) to really make much use of it.

The good news is that you have a lot of really good options for things to pass to. You could run something like Scarf Shaymin, or LO Shaymin if you decide to switch to Quiverpass or Smashpass. Nidoking is also a great option, as he boasts a lot of coverage and some sky-high special attack. Once again, though, he benefits much more from Quivers or Smashes.

Another option to think about it would be to put an LO sweeper in Zoroark's spot, and then make Yanmega Scarf Tinted lens. Because you're passing it the boost, you effectively get +2/+1, letting it outspeed most of the pokes in the UU tier and also spam "unresisted" bug buzzes, which could be really deadly.

I do like the concept of this team, I just think it needs a little bit of tweaking. Welcome to the UU forums, and good job.

Okay, there's definitely a couple of errors that need to be addressed here, although it is a pretty good team overall.

1) On yanmega, you say you're running HP Ice to be able to hit Grass types. Your other moves are both stab and super effective against grass, so I'm not sure what you're on about. Appropriate coverage moves for Yanmega are HP Rock, HP Ground, or Giga Drain.

2) If you're set on using Bronzong dual screens, you shouldn't really use EQ in your fourth moveslot. Not only is it easily evaded, but it's not STAB (like you thought it was) and it's not very strong without investment. Go with Gyro Ball, or perhaps Explosion to keep the momentum up. I do second the idea to just make it the Tank set, though.

3) That mew is kind of iffy. Try a Venomoth, as suggested above, or perhaps a lead Shell-Smash smeargle. Also, if you're set on using mew, please don't use a Sitrus berry, it's practically useless. The only items you should be considering would be Leftovers, or perhaps an Iron Ball if you think you're tanky enough to take hits, as it allows you to pull off a slow baton pass and shield damage from whatever you're passing it into. You could also run Trick-Iron Ball at this point, but it's a bit gimmicky.

4) Swampert doesn't need HP Fire. Like Yanmega's HP Ice, it's not hitting anything else that it doesn't already. You say in your descriptions that it keeps it from being walled by grass types, but it really doesn't. Not only is Ice Beam far stronger than HP Fire against grass types, but every common grass type in the tier already outspeeds swampert, so there wouldn't be much point in running it as extra coverage anyway. Instead, I suggest surf for reliable water stab that will let you clean up late game without having to worry about Hydro misses.

Finally, the big one.

5) I know that this team is supposed to be centered around Zoroark, but this is unfortunately the completely wrong use for Zoroark. By Nasty passing to it, you're hardly using its illusion very well - it becomes immediately obvious that whatever you copied isn't it because nothing can learn those moves on your team except for the thing that passed it to him. Furthermore, Zoroark just doesn't have the offensive stats to be a very good sweeper, even at +2, and he's far too frail behind screens (and grounded, weak to priority, and easily statusable) to really make much use of it.

The good news is that you have a lot of really good options for things to pass to. You could run something like Scarf Shaymin, or LO Shaymin if you decide to switch to Quiverpass or Smashpass. Nidoking is also a great option, as he boasts a lot of coverage and some sky-high special attack. Once again, though, he benefits much more from Quivers or Smashes.

Another option to think about it would be to put an LO sweeper in Zoroark's spot, and then make Yanmega Scarf Tinted lens. Because you're passing it the boost, you effectively get +2/+1, letting it outspeed most of the pokes in the UU tier and also spam "unresisted" bug buzzes, which could be really deadly.

I do like the concept of this team, I just think it needs a little bit of tweaking. Welcome to the UU forums, and good job.
I'm sorry but there is no way in the underworld I am removing Zoroark, your other options? Ill think about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)