Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that Gothitelle should be banned or at least there should be some rule about shadow tag, trick, and calm mind on the same set? The other day I was playing someone online and they caught me sword dancing with one of my pokemon and brough in Gothitelle. They used trick and gave me a choice scarf forcing me to use swords dance forever on end while they obtained a max calm mind boost and went on to sweep my team. It just seems like a cheap gimmick to me and demonstrates why pokemon with Shadow Tag have been banned every generation up until this one

Also as another question, is it true Landorus (incarnate) is now uber? I haven't seen one since the OU suspect test ended but on the smogon site it still has Landorus listed as OU....

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
That does not mean it is broken, and you should not have SD when the Goth was obviously going to Trick. "Cheap" and "gimmick" do not equate to "broken," which is one of the few reasons why we ban anything.

Then again, Smogon suspecting has been sucking lately so you might get your wish. Meep.

I run a quad weather team. Tyranitar, Abamosnow, Ninetails, Politoed, Salamence, and Dragonite. Don't judge, because it works really well. The two dragons aren't doing so well against steel types. Any suggestions on 2 pokemon that can back up my weather?

I run a quad weather team. Tyranitar, Abamosnow, Ninetails, Politoed, Salamence, and Dragonite. Don't judge, because it works really well. The two dragons aren't doing so well against steel types. Any suggestions on 2 pokemon that can back up my weather?
Run Earthquake/BB(just for steel) on Sally and Fire Punch on Dragonite. For some reason the first mon that popped into my mind was Castform (don't use it). Plus for some reason I want to use octillery because of its versatility; it can learn Fire Blast for Ninetales and HydroPump for Toed. It might also learn Blizzard.. Can't remember. The main thing for this team would be versatility, lest you stab yourself in the foot with a specific attack type Pokemon left in the wrong weather. Once you do make this team, you could always use the RMT here.

Edit: just to be clear I'm not recommending using mons like cast form or octillery in OU.... But with this quad weather I'm not too sure what else to give

This is more of a compound question. First of all, I want to thank the staff for their quick work in getting the server back up. What happened to the UU and RU ladders, and will they be returning? I noticed that there is only UU suspect and RU suspect now, and I don't want to waste time laddering on them if the regular ladders will be back. Thanks.

This is more of a compound question. First of all, I want to thank the staff for their quick work in getting the server back up. What happened to the UU and RU ladders, and will they be returning? I noticed that there is only UU suspect and RU suspect now, and I don't want to waste time laddering on them if the regular ladders will be back. Thanks.
I can't say for sure what that staff are doing, as I'm not a staff member, but previous DDOS have resulted in issues like this. And before, the staff have always fixed the ladder issues, so I believe they will bring the ladders back, unless they purposly took it out

i have some questions , i can create a my room in showdom, and how ?

and 2: why the object sash work with hp 60%, when i attack some pokemon with sash and criticcal hit, no die, and said sash ._.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.

The normal ladders were temporarily removed to stimulate activity in the suspect ladders, as it was too hard to get the requirements for voting without enough people on the ladder. They will be up again in a few weeks.

The normal ladders were temporarily removed to stimulate activity in the suspect ladders, as it was too hard to get the requirements for voting without enough people on the ladder. They will be up again in a few weeks.
Okay, thank you for your response. I'm going to go ahead and battle on the suspect ladders. Are there any differences I should be aware of? What makes the suspect ladder different from the normal one?

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Okay, thank you for your response. I'm going to go ahead and battle on the suspect ladders. Are there any differences I should be aware of? What makes the suspect ladder different from the normal one?
For UU, froslass is banned I believe.

I don't know about NU, but I recall seeing some np thread title about Hail? Idk

I was wondering why I can get on showdown with my iPad but not my computer. How can I get on it with my computer? Can someone please help?

I was wondering why I can get on showdown with my iPad but not my computer. How can I get on it with my computer? Can someone please help?
Are you sure you are visiting the correct website? play.pokemonshowdown.com

Could you please elaborate on the type of problem you are having? Will make it easier for us to help.

I am going to that website. I get there and it says the thing if it doesn't come up refresh. But every time i refresh it says that again and ive kept it up for 3 hours and it still didnt come up.

Is Water Absorb Cacturne with Bullet Seed illegal? It learns bullet seed from a gen 3-4 TM that is unavailable in gen 5, which means it should only be able to run Bullet Seed with Sand Veil. I think it's kinda silly that sand veil is banned in NU but that's irrelevant. Showdown allows me to run Bullet Seed with Cacturne's dream world ability.

This isn't some huge bug or glitch or anything, so I figured this would be a good place to ask about it.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's possible, but the only way I guess should be breeding a female DW Cacnea/Cacturne with a male one transfered from a gen 3-4 game with Bullet Seed. Since BS is not a TM in gen 5 I don't know if this works

I am going to that website. I get there and it says the thing if it doesn't come up refresh. But every time i refresh it says that again and ive kept it up for 3 hours and it still didnt come up.
Which browser at you using? Chrome and Firefox are preferred, but older versions of stuff like IE will cause glitches, iirc.

Is Water Absorb Cacturne with Bullet Seed illegal? It learns bullet seed from a gen 3-4 TM that is unavailable in gen 5, which means it should only be able to run Bullet Seed with Sand Veil. I think it's kinda silly that sand veil is banned in NU but that's irrelevant. Showdown allows me to run Bullet Seed with Cacturne's dream world ability.

This isn't some huge bug or glitch or anything, so I figured this would be a good place to ask about it.
I hope this website will answer your question.

That answers my question, thanks. Now the problem needs to be addressed, because Showdown currently allows the use of Cacturne with Bullet Seed/Water Absorb. As an anti-lead against Golem and Golurk this can be pretty game changing.

I'd also like the point out that the posts on that thread are really stupid.

That answers my question, thanks. Now the problem needs to be addressed, because Showdown currently allows the use of Cacturne with Bullet Seed/Water Absorb. As an anti-lead against Golem and Golurk this can be pretty game changing.

I'd also like the point out that the posts on that thread are really stupid.
The information on that thread was still informative however. That was as close to an official source I could find at the moment, sorry.

There is a thread for Bug Reports close to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)