Not open for further replies.
Hydreigon @ Dragon Gem
Timid
60 HP / 252 SpAtk / 196 Speed
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Protect

http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/third-times-the-charm-masters-world-champion-team-analysis/

That is the spread and a link to the team analysis. But remember that this set was used BEFORE B/W2, now most hydreigons have to choose between Flamethrower (more power), Heat Wave (spread damage) or Earth Power (more coverage).

Hope this help :)
You should probably use 204 speed to speed creep others who blatantly copy Ray's spread. Besides, the HP doesn't survive anything important.

Hi! I want to try making a VGC sand team for the first time, but I'm not sure where to start. Tyranitar is necessary, and I plan to use Garchomp and perhaps Excadrill, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Thanks!

Hi! I want to try making a VGC sand team for the first time, but I'm not sure where to start. Tyranitar is necessary, and I plan to use Garchomp and perhaps Excadrill, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Thanks!
Hi, a solid 4 mon core would be
Cress
TTar
Salamence
Excadrill

personally, I would add to the three of them: ferrothorn, landorus and a hidden ability stunfisk. Those things are hilarious in a sandstorm.

personally, I would add to the three of them: ferrothorn, landorus and a hidden ability stunfisk. Those things are hilarious in a sandstorm.

A quick two questions: What should I use as my Water-type STAB move on my Gastrodon? Surf, Scald or Muddy Water? My team consists of: Whimsicott, Haxorus, Volcarona, Abomasnow, Gastrodon, and an undecided 6th slot.

My second question is what should fill my sixth slot? I was thinking either Bisharp or Lucario, or would there be a better option?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
While Whimsicott, Haxorus, and Volcarona resist Water, you probably don't want to surf into them too often. Scald is consistent and won't hurt your partner. Don't Muddy Water. Just don't. It will fail you when you need it.

Your 6th slot really depends on what you're trying to do, what your type weaknesses are, and what teams/pokemon you have trouble dealing with. We'd need more info.

A quick two questions: What should I use as my Water-type STAB move on my Gastrodon? Surf, Scald or Muddy Water? My team consists of: Whimsicott, Haxorus, Volcarona, Abomasnow, Gastrodon, and an undecided 6th slot.

My second question is what should fill my sixth slot? I was thinking either Bisharp or Lucario, or would there be a better option?
Personally, I would go with scald for the possibility of burn. and as another option for your 6th slot, Water Absorb Lapras might be a viable option as well, as it regains up to 25% of its HP when hit by a Water move, such as Surf. out of Bisharp and Lucario, I would go with Lucario though.
Hope this helps.

While Whimsicott, Haxorus, and Volcarona resist Water, you probably don't want to surf into them too often. Scald is consistent and won't hurt your partner. Don't Muddy Water. Just don't. It will fail you when you need it.

Your 6th slot really depends on what you're trying to do, what your type weaknesses are, and what teams/pokemon you have trouble dealing with. We'd need more info.
I'm thinking about Water Absorb Lapras as gligar101 recommended. It seems that most of the trouble I have is with rain teams.

I am seeing a lot of Liepard on the top European and Australian teams, and I am wondering why they chose it over other Prankster users. Sableye is a better Fake Out user, the only thing I can see Liepard has over it is Thunder Wave. Even with that, Thundurus is faster and is a much better Pokemon all-around. Is there something I am missing? The only positive thing I can see is Fake Out + TWave, and even with that it is really frail.

I am seeing a lot of Liepard on the top European and Australian teams, and I am wondering why they chose it over other Prankster users. Sableye is a better Fake Out user, the only thing I can see Liepard has over it is Thunder Wave. Even with that, Thundurus is faster and is a much better Pokemon all-around. Is there something I am missing? The only positive thing I can see is Fake Out + TWave, and even with that it is really frail.
Prankster Encore is the reason people use Liepard. Protect is a common way to foil Fake Out and Prankster Encore can lock opponents into that move (or any other setup move such as Substitute) if they don't switch.

Quick Third Generation Question:

For a 'baton pass' Ninjask, which move to complete the set would y'all advise?

Ninjask:
SPEED BOOST

Swords Dance
Slash
Baton Pass
&
Protect/Double Team

FYI, it's not a meta game set; so DT is a viable option.

Thanks.

hi, im new to pokemon competative play and was wondering how i can learn more so that i could participate in vgc championships and such. i was just wondering on some websites i could go to to learn more about vgc and whats going on in vgc championships worlwide. are there any channels on youtube i could check out that would help me out . thx 4 the help.

hi, im new to pokemon competative play and was wondering how i can learn more so that i could participate in vgc championships and such. i was just wondering on some websites i could go to to learn more about vgc and whats going on in vgc championships worlwide. are there any channels on youtube i could check out that would help me out . thx 4 the help.
nuggetbridge.com and their PS! server are great places to learn VGC.

I've just started VGC and I have a team built around getting reflect up and then use Chansey to counter (and use toxic). My problem though is that counter has failed several times, even though she has taken a Close Combat from Hitmontop. I don't know if this is because it wasn't the last move that hit her, because after the close combat she got hit by a blizzard, but should that really matter? I've been reading up on counter but can't find any reason for it to have failed.

I've been playing on Showdown btw.

Does anyone know when the next Nationals and/or Regionals are being held? And where to find information on them?
Fall regionals are rumored to be on 10 / 13 (NorCal) and 10 / 27 (all others at the time of posting). Winter Regionals are usually in January and Spring Regionals are usually in April. Nationals is usually mid July, and can be anywhere from July 8th to 10th IIRC

I've just started VGC and I have a team built around getting reflect up and then use Chansey to counter (and use toxic). My problem though is that counter has failed several times, even though she has taken a Close Combat from Hitmontop. I don't know if this is because it wasn't the last move that hit her, because after the close combat she got hit by a blizzard, but should that really matter? I've been reading up on counter but can't find any reason for it to have failed.

I've been playing on Showdown btw.
I find Counter / Mirror Coat on PS! really weird. In-game, you usually target a mon with them, predicting that they will use a phys. / sp. move.

Ok, thanks. Haven't assembled my team yet for the actual game so good to know. Will be interesting to see the changes in gen VI as well. Eitherway, thanks. :P

I just want to see if this is the right question to ask here. If not please direct to where I should ask it, and I'll delete the post no worries :)
But I want to get into the VGC format, and I want a set of Pokemon that can help Cloyster in Doubles. Basically, I want a doubles team with Cloyster, but other than him I have no clue who else I should add. If a doubles team building thread exists or something I could greatly use it haha.
Thanks in advance, sorry for wasting anyone's time xP

I just want to see if this is the right question to ask here. If not please direct to where I should ask it, and I'll delete the post no worries :)
But I want to get into the VGC format, and I want a set of Pokemon that can help Cloyster in Doubles. Basically, I want a doubles team with Cloyster, but other than him I have no clue who else I should add. If a doubles team building thread exists or something I could greatly use it haha.
Thanks in advance, sorry for wasting anyone's time xP
Amoonguss is a nice partner for Cloyster since it has Rage Powder, which enables Cloyster to freely set up Shell Smash. Also, it resists many of the types that Cloyster is weak to like Fighting and Electric.

Most of cloyster weakness are commonly seen as single target attacks (beware of discharge thought) and resited by Amoongus and since regenerator Amoongus is gaining a huge usage peak (that thing is hard to kill, he switch out and bang! he have his health back) is surely a big help. Just get rid of the rock sliders (or put it to sleep with spore before you switch cloyster in ;))

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like what Pokémons would make good partners for a Dragon Dance Salamence (Besides Amoonguss)? since i'm thinking to use it on a upcoming local's Tournament, i'm need help concerning its partners. Thanks in advance.

I'd like what Pokémons would make good partners for a Dragon Dance Salamence (Besides Amoonguss)? since i'm thinking to use it on a upcoming local's Tournament, i'm need help concerning its partners. Thanks in advance.
IMO, DDMence is a bad choice because of Salamence's common weaknesses to spread moves like Blizzard and Rock Slide. A Mixed Scarf set would work better with HP Flying, Draco Meteor, Rock Slide and Flamethrower. You probably want enough Attack to OHKO 4 HP Volcarona with double-target Rock Slide which I think is 36 Attack (idk which nature atm...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)