Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Can RNG abuse be done on Soul Silver with a 3DS XL? If so would there be any differences with regards to the delay aspect of RNG abuse?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Can RNG abuse be done on Soul Silver with a 3DS XL? If so would there be any differences with regards to the delay aspect of RNG abuse?
yes and nothing that eontimer can't fix. I don't have a XL but my 3DS has given me no issues

Is there any way to RNG the 3rd roamer in HG? Ive already RNGed and caught Latias and Raikou but I want to go for Entei. Sense the phone doesn't work in the champions room is there any way to verify my delay? Can I verify my delay before even entering the elite 4 at all?

Thanks.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Is there any way to RNG the 3rd roamer in HG? Ive already RNGed and caught Latias and Raikou but I want to go for Entei. Sense the phone doesn't work in the champions room is there any way to verify my delay? Can I verify my delay before even entering the elite 4 at all?

Thanks.
You can use chatots and use their chatter pitches to verify your seed. Let me know if you're unfamiliar with this method.

If you want to rng them again in the future you can rng them but not capture them until the end so you can rng all of them.

@Little Green Yoda; correct c:

Last edited:
You can use chatots and use their chatter pitches to verify your seed. Let me know if you're unfamiliar with this method.

If you want to rng them again in the future you can rng them but not capture them until the end so you can rng all of them.
Chattot pitches are hard. Its really difficult to tell them apart. What sound should I record so I can hear it better?

Thanks

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Chattot pitches are hard. Its really difficult to tell them apart. What sound should I record so I can hear it better?

Thanks
there are no WNPCs in the last room so you can always assume the pitches have to line up from the beginning. Look for pitched that stand out as marks; for example, imagine that frame 5 has a pitch of med 50, frame 6 has a low of 3 and frame 7 has a pitch of medium 45. You will be able to easily tell the low pitch and once you know where you are you can go from there.

there are no WNPCs in the last room so you can always assume the pitches have to line up from the beginning. Look for pitched that stand out as marks; for example, imagine that frame 5 has a pitch of med 50, frame 6 has a low of 3 and frame 7 has a pitch of medium 45. You will be able to easily tell the low pitch and once you know where you are you can go from there.

Thanks! I just got my flawless shiny Entei! I recorded myself saying "hello" and that made it a lot easier to tell the pitches apart.

Thanks

I'm still trying to abuse my TID SID in HG and I was wondering why the new RNG reporter keeps asking me to select a profile when my HG game doesn't need one?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
You can have both old & newest RNG Reporter BTW...
Use the old for 4th Gen RNG, and the new one for 5th Gen.
Hope that helps :)

Is it normal to have your delay switch back and forth between even/odd? I've never had that happen to me before but it's really annoying. Trying for an odd delay and I get an even delay. So I put in a GBA game in the GBA slot, get one odd delay and then an even delay shortly afterwards.

I'm using a DS Lite and Pearl.

Also, does Cute Charm not affect the nature of Method J Pokemon in DPP or something?

Last edited:

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Is it normal to have your delay switch back and forth between even/odd? I've never had that happen to me before but it's really annoying. Trying for an odd delay and I get an even delay. So I put in a GBA game in the GBA slot, get one odd delay and then an even delay shortly afterwards.

I'm using a DS Lite and Pearl.

Also, does Cute Charm not affect the nature of Method J Pokemon in DPP or something?
The GBA method only works 100% on platinum and hg/ss. I actually think rnging without a second game is easier. Just change the year by 1 and the delay will change. Cute charm affects pokemon with gender, if I remember correctly you were rng rotom, which is genderless.

The GBA method only works 100% on platinum and hg/ss. I actually think rnging without a second game is easier. Just change the year by 1 and the delay will change. Cute charm affects pokemon with gender, if I remember correctly you were rng rotom, which is genderless.
Thanks, got it; that Cute Charm thing makes sense. It's just weird that I didn't encounter the even/odd issue before when RNGing my other Pearl stuff- maybe I lucked out in choosing the right seeds.

However, I have since picked a different spread that doesn't require a Cute Charm lead and selected an appropriate year for the delay. I hit and verified my seed but somehow I was off by one frame. Rotom's starting frame should be 1, right? My desired frame was frame 3 so I did one journal flip...and landed on frame 2. This doesn't make sense unless Rotom somehow started on frame 0 (which doesn't exist AFAIK).

EDIT: Okay, I figured out my mistake. Should be using Stationary Pokemon and not Wild Pokemon and that accounts for that frame shift. Derp.

Just had the weirdest thing happen while RNGing Groudon in Embedded Tower. He was on frame 13, so I hit my delay, did calls down to frame 12, captured him, and... got frame 12. I was ON frame 12, confirmed by Irwin calls, and it GAVE me frame 12. I did it again just because I thought I made a mistake, but got frame 12 again. :/ So then I do it again and go to frame 13, capture him again, and at least it's consistent and I get what I was after.

Also, question about the Synchronize column. It seems most spreads I find now are Synchronize spreads. Do these REQUIRE a Synchronize lead, or does having one just allow you to skip some frames?

Thanks.
~Uiru

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Just had the weirdest thing happen while RNGing Groudon in Embedded Tower. He was on frame 13, so I hit my delay, did calls down to frame 12, captured him, and... got frame 12. I was ON frame 12, confirmed by Irwin calls, and it GAVE me frame 12. I did it again just because I thought I made a mistake, but got frame 12 again. :/ So then I do it again and go to frame 13, capture him again, and at least it's consistent and I get what I was after.

Also, question about the Synchronize column. It seems most spreads I find now are Synchronize spreads. Do these REQUIRE a Synchronize lead, or does having one just allow you to skip some frames?

Thanks.
~Uiru
Are there different frame possibilities for the spread you want? You could try one of those to see if it works.

Some spreads may require a synchronize lead, but it's more common with RNGing wild encounters.

Hey I was wondering, is egg rng abuse all that hard in 5th gen, I can rng wild pokemon easily but I just want to know if it will be difficult to learn.h
I have only rng on 5th gen games and have not rnged eggs at all.
All I want to do is to produce flawless pokemon not attainable in the fth gen wild like syther and maybe produce some shinys here and there.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hey I was wondering, is egg rng abuse all that hard in 5th gen, I can rng wild pokemon easily but I just want to know if it will be difficult to learn.h
I have only rng on 5th gen games and have not rnged eggs at all.
All I want to do is to produce flawless pokemon not attainable in the fth gen wild like syther and maybe produce some shinys here and there.
This thread is for RNG in gens previous to gen 5. I don't really understand your post but I believe you need help with egg abuse in gen 5? If that's so, this would be the place to go. Also, it's pretty easy.

Can we get updated links for the Mac solutions? Mono for Mac link is dead, RNG Reporter link is dead (though I assume this is just the same RNG Reporter linked previously, which has been updated), and RNG Reporter Mac supplement link seems to give us an app that no longer works, as PowerPC apps are no longer supported.

As for PokeRNG, Qt DLL link is different, and I'm not sure if there's a new location for the same file, or if I'm only able to use the 30-day trial.

I'm going through my Gen IV games and finally claiming the in-game events, but I haven't had Windows in years.

This is Sherry Gong from Beijing JMX Development Machinery CO., LTD.
We can supply over 3000 kinds of turbochargers, including those used for cars: AUDI, TOYOTA, VW, BMW, Brilliance, Citroen, Skoda, Seat, Renault, Smart, Subaru, Tata, Tel, etc. Once you want to refit your car or turbo, maybe I can help you.
Details please load http://www.turbochargerx.com/?sid=096F9DD7
Or email sherry.gong2013@gmail.com sherry.gong@jiamparts.com

Wrong Place. Stop posting this on this website right now. Or you're going to get banned.

I'm still trying to get my tid sid in HG. I think I've finally figured out what I was doing wrong and now the delays I've been hitting are a lot closer to the one that I want. If I hit a delay like 4996 and I only needed to get like 5001 should I update? or just try again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)