Seasonal Ladder - School Schemes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
School Schemes
This month's theme is back to school. Since in school all that matters is your name and fashion, your whole team is designed by your name, so all 649 Pokémon can be found in this Seasonal!

The algorithm to determine every mon on your team is as follows:
Code:
var hash = parseInt(crypto.createHash('md5').update(toId(side.name)).digest('hex').substr(0, 8), 16);
var randNums = [
     (13 * hash + 11) % 649,
     (18 * hash + 66) % 649,
     (25 * hash + 73) % 649,
     (1 * hash + 16) % 649,
     (23 * hash + 132) % 649,
     (5 * hash + 6) % 649
];
Where hash is part of your hashed user id in md5 parsed to integer and then it's altered by arbitrary, different numbers and modded to 649 to get a number between 1 and 649. The distribution is not even, but it's as good as it gets while being random but having always the same team.

List of fashion items
  • Choice Scarf
  • Choice Specs
  • Silk Scarf
  • Wise Glasses
  • Choice Band
  • Wide Lens
  • Zoom Lens
  • Destiny Knot
  • BlackGlasses
  • Expert Belt
  • Black Belt
  • Macho Brace
  • Focus Sash
  • King's Rock
  • Muscle Band
  • Mystic Water
  • Binding Band
  • Rocky Helmet
See August Seasonal

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Arcticblast reporting with a team of Mantyke / Corsola / Bellossom / Vibrava / Mankey / Hoppip.

>_>

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I basically switched through like 23 alts 'till I got a team of Haunter/Crawdaunt/Skuntank/Duskull/Solrock/Darkrai
yeah, I switched that much until I got a a darkrai (craw and haunter usually put in some work too o3o), you may ask why but I think my ladder standing will prove why

Yeah I'm only #3 :[, mainly because I was #1 for some time then GDI temp got above me because we were competing at that time, and then I woke up the next day to find out someone named sturdy nips outranked both of us, probably going to do some more laddering today then stop for a while, since I have work and such.

Rule of thumb: everyone else gets forretress with t spikes dragon dance dragon and a deoxys. You get no sweepers, and a lot of pokemon with no decent moves.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My opponent just had a Missingno. o_o
That's possible due to the flooring I think. I'll look onto castforms, though.
Edit: Ok, found out, if you have a castform, you got one added for each form. I'll try to fix that now.
Edit2: Fixed.

Last edited:
Omanyte / Aerodactyl / Boldore / Eelektross / Magmortar / Typhlosion

It's handy to have an omanyte lead which has access to all 3 hazards, and can also shell smash. Magmortar and Typlosion are incredible, they break through teams so easily!
I was lucky to get a great team, reading about people getting 4 castforms makes me cringe just a little. However, encountering ridiculous teams like this one with 3 arceus immediately negates any pity i had for the castform teams....http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/seasonalschoolschemes-48464728
I only won due to two lucky crits and some misplays by my opponent

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That's possible due to the flooring I think. I'll look onto castforms, though.
Edit: Ok, found out, if you have a castform, you got one added for each form. I'll try to fix that now.
Edit2: Fixed.
What about triple Arceus and the fact that it's really easy to get a completely terrible team with nothing you can do about it except pick a new name?

canno

formerly The Reptile
I got Kabuto / Bagon / Liepard / Bisharp / Carnivine / Zekrom with my main DreMZ. I'll try out my other alts later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)