Double Scarf, Triple Shock: Closet's UU Team of Fabulousness That You Should Totally Check Out

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
'Sup fellow UU-ers! :3
It is I, Closet from PS!
You may or may not know me as "that one mod who's barely ever on." (yeah, that's me.)
But I digress. This is a team I'm particularly fond of- it's a clash of multiple sets I've utilized before, and it works out beautifully. However, I'm not much of a ladderer, so I don't have any score to show off. I generally just battle when I can and see how terrible good I am. I usually hang around on Staff, Trivia, or UU Channels, or stalking Mikel, Oarpheus, and Treecko lurking/wasting my time on the forums.
TL;DR: dis tem B gud

Before getting to the team, here's the Teambuilding process:
I've always liked both Raikou and Flygon, and I originally had one as Scarf, the other as Band/Specs (obviously Raikou specs, Flygon Band). But this time, I decided to have dual scarfers, (something I've only done once before with Mienshao/Zoroark, wasn't the best core) which is surprisingly effective and fun. This is the Double Scarf of the team, and wear (haha get it?) the **fabulousness** comes in.
Then came a personal set of mine that isn't that creative but surprisingly not common: SubRoost Specially Defensive Zapdos. You will soon come to know me as "that guy who's obsessed with SubRoost Specially Defensive Zapdos". The thing is a great defensive monster that I've used in plenty of previous teams. So far we only have double shock, though.​
Then came Support Cobalion. While not as threatening or as relevant as the SD sweeper, it's definitely earned a spot in my heart. Having great synergy with Zapdos, it was a good fit. It also doesn't hurt to have more Voltturning.​
Then came CM Slowbro. Even though it's such a defensive pokemon with a defensive EV spread, it's just. So. GOOD. Long ago, I used to dislike Slowbro. It was always dying so easily. Then I realized- I was doing it wrong. I was expecting it to take Megahorns left and right, and didn't abuse Regenerator enough. But now we're Slowbros (hahaha BEAT THAT. Yeah shh idc if it was bad >:I)
Now you may be asking yourself, "WHAT'S THE THIRD SHOCK!?!?!!???!?!" (or not; idc again)​
THERE IT IS. Rotom-H is such a fun pokemon. Fire/Electric is just so legit, and look at Rotom's moves.
Hands up like you just don't care the ceiling can't hold us a party animal. (god I'm using so much strikethrough today) But Rotom-H is a nice pokemon in general. Good bulk (sucky HP :C), Epic typing, and pretty nice Special Attack make it a good attacker. But mine's special. It's NOT CHOICED! Gasp! what could it be, you ask? you'll find out soon ;).
Previously, I've had various pokemon there. They all sucked.
But that's our third shock. Cobalion and Slowbro are just hanging out, I guess.
BTW: Stuff above = old. Too lazy to edit. Sorrz.
But seriously, don't be so lazy- the edited team's down there:
|
V

Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy shrugging for your pleasure, representing how I felt when naming this RMT.​

Anyway, now for the hot guys!!11! actual team!
(Changes in Fabulous Pinkalicious Pink)

HM05/TM70 (Raikou) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

So this is Flash. He's a very good scarf pokemon, outpacing all other common scarfers, making him able to easily dish damage in the blink of an eye and gain momentum. Thunderbolt is there for continual STAB, VoltSwitch is for momentum, HP Ice complements Electric nicely. Shadow Ball is a little bit of an oddball (pun unintended) of a move, but it does well for when I need some good neutral coverage. I used Extrasensory a couple of times, but Shadow Ball I've just found to be more for me. Meh. Lol JK. Switched to Extrasensory because the Nidos are assholes <3 (ty Psycho71c) 2ATK IVs allows me to keep a 70 BasePower HP ice, as well as minimizing Confusion/FoulPlay damage. Pretty clean cut, no? His fab scarf complements his lucious, long purple streak in the back.
SYNERGY:
Ground: Flygon, Zapdos, Rotom-H

HM02 (Flygon) @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
This is Fly. He so fly (you can kill me now). But anyway, here is Flash's BFF. He also zips around pretty damn quick, although not as quick as Flash. Fly has better typing though- Two amazing STABS as well as a couple nice resistances/immunities. EQ aimed at Flash? Send in Fly to not feel a thing. Random Thunders and Thunderbolts everyhwere? Send in Fly, he don't care about yo electricity. EVs/Nature is obvious. Earthquake and Outrage are amazing STABs, and have good coverage together. Superpower is for the likes of Snorlax, Umbreon, and other pokes weak to Fighting. If I remember correctly, Dragon/Fighting is perfect coverage bar Shedinja. (and Honedge, but he doesn't exist yet.) U-turn is for momentum/scouting/getting the fuck out of there when in danger. He has a fab scarf too, and he is smokin' hot, he should've had Flamethrower.
Flash and Fly are Forever Friends. (new tongue twister <:p)

EDIT: After changing up Fly's wardrobe, Band really suited him Better. And Dragon Claw is nice to fall back on when I don't want to be choice-locked in Outrage. (aka he's dealt with his anger issues)
But this is awkwardly no more double scarf :'/

SYNERGY:
Dragon: Cobalion
Ice: Cobalion, Slowbro, Rotom-H

HM05 (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Roost
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Flying]
This is Defog (or Flash II if you want). His job is to take nearly all hits known to Pokemon. While most zapdos are speedy and try to hit stuff real hard, mine is on the other end taking damage left and right with ease. Also it stalls the life out of most pokemon. It's a Specially Defensive variant, one I've come to love a LOT. It's typing is just lovely defensively, being only weak to Ice and Rock, and it can manage most of those attacks on its own. IVs are for HP flying + minimizing Confusion/FoulPlay damage. Calm Nature because I'm not using my Attack stat at all. Substitute + Roost is what makes my Zapdos Special. My Zapdos can specially wall AND stall. Roost is for Recovery, Discharge is STAB of choice for parahax, Substitute is to avoid status and have survivability + avoid Sucker Punch nubs. HP Flying is used over Ice/Grass since it's STAB and has more general coverage. (already done with fabulousness, sorry)
SYNERGY:
Rock: Cobalion, Flygon
Ice: Cobalion, Slowbro, Rotom-H

TM08/HM06/TM94 (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- CLOSE(T) COMBAT
This be the Rock. Rock very sturdy, able to take hits good. Rock set up actual rocks in air, to hit incoming Pokemons. Rock has Lefties to heal up little bit each turn. Rock like to take Dark hits as his attack go up. Rock is naive 'cause Special Defense not so good anyway, plus he need speed. Rock also Taunt opponents so they no get rocks or spikes up. Sometimes Rock use Electricity to run away if he get scared. Rock also outrun non-scarf Mienshao, this be important.
And sometimes, Rock get chance to attack. That be when..
ROCK SMAAAASH!
(you know you loved this)
(btw CloseCombat > SacredSword. So much more is killed and the def drops barely matter.)

Translation:
-Strong Defensively

-SR obvious, Taunt so the opponent doesn't get hazards up. VoltSwitch for momentum, and Close Combat* for Smashing.
-outspeeds Mienshao, loves Dark type moves to benefit from with Attack boost.
Naive since he needs the speed.
EVs for max bulk/max Speed
That seems like it.

SYNERGY:
Fire: Flygon, Slowbro, Rotom-H
Fighting: Zapdos, Slowbro
Ground: Flygon, Zapdos, Rotom-H

HM03 (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 2
36 Def / 16 SAtk / 8 Spe
(to outspeed Snorlax/other bros)

Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
Oh, Surf. What a BRO. But seriously. Surf is very bulky, and has great typing. Leftovers and Regenerator keep him healthy, so he can live pretty much forever. EVS are for max defense, with a little bit in Special Attack so it's useful. Bold since it doesn't use any physical attack, plus with 0ATK Ivs for minimum confusion/Foul Play damage. Scald/Psyshock for STABs and for Burn Chance and Special walls with weak defenses. Slack Off is nice Recovery so I don't have to switch out and lose all my CM boosts. Calm Mind is the crux of the set, letting Slowbro not care about special attacks as much, plus giving it the ability to obliterate things given enough boosts.

SYNERGY:
Electric: Raikou, Flygon, Rotom-H
Grass: Zapdos, Cobalion, Rotom-H
Bug: Cobalion, Zapdos, Rotom-H
Dark: Cobalion

Ghost: Cobalion

HM?? (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Charge Beam
-
Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pain Split
Meet, uh, Rotom-H. This set is unique in the fact that I made it on my own. With it's okay natural bulk, I put on leftovers for some survivability. Levitate is nifty since without it Rotom-H would have a BAAAD 4x weakness to ground. EVs max out speed and Spatk. Timid makes full use of Rotom's base 86 speed. IVs once again minimize Confustion/FoulPlay damage. Charge Beam and
Overheat are the main STABS here, getting nifty Special Attack Boosts and having a Strong As All Hell Fire STAB (Overheat rocks so hard in that spot). The last two Slots are saved for PainSplit, to wittle down the foe's HP until I can spam attacks. HP Grass is so I can dent Rhyperior/Swampert (as they are really annoying >:C) I know this is a really wonky set, but it works pretty damn well imo. Seriously, if you want a nice Rotom-H set, try this one out.
SYNERGY:
Rock: Flygon, Cobalion
Water: Slowbro

CONCLUSION:
So, this is my pride and joy. I know there's probably plenty of room for improvement I'm not seeing, so this is where you Rate My Team. Firstly, Thank You for Reading, and tell me what you think!
Hope you enjoyed!!1!!one1!!

Single Team, Single :/ Scarf, Triple Shock,
~~~~~~~~ALL FABULOUS~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~ALL THE TIME~~~~~~~~
(~~~~RAINBOW~~~~)
BTW; IMPORTABLE DOWN THERE;
|
V

HM05/TM70 (Raikou) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

HM02 (Flygon) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn

TM08/HM06/TM94 (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

HM05 (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Roost
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Hidden Power Flying

HM03 (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 16 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

HM?? (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
- Pain Split

Last edited:

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
were are hot guys closet u promise me hot guys were are???¿?¿?

no but for real this is the best RMT ever created like ever ever like I want to delete all of mine because they pale in comparison to this

#closetpushinghishomosexualagendathroughfabulousRMTsitsaconspiracy

1. I like how your font randomly changes size BECAUSE EVERYONE OF EVERYONE SHAPE AND COLOR IS AMAZING i see you and your subversive messaging don't think I don't mmmhmmm
2. I like the Zapdos Raikou core especially, dual electric is pretty potent in UU right now. More importantly, SpD Zapdos is my fucking baby seriously I love that thing as well it's so good. howevers I don't really understand y hp flying its just like hi i'm hp flying you know? like it's a defensive set so better things could go there. Like you could just put roar in to not be set-up fodder against things like Raikou or also you could change Discharge for Thunderbolt and HP Flying to Toxic. Personally I think either choice would be good you're not exactly super relying on the para from Discharge much given that you have two freaking scarfers and also a bunch of other fast shit and stuff and things.
3. I know i'm being a total hetero buzzkill right now even though i'm totally not one of those but I don't think Flygon really needs a scarf tbh. The main appeal of JollyScarf Flygon is that it outspeeds a lot of other common scarfers so that you're guaranteed to have an answer to them. However, because you have Raikou for the same exact fucking purpose I'd consider slapping a band on there.

heer are your options:

!choose wisely closet each one gives u different special powers!!

Four. What WHat WHAT ARE YOU DOING with that Rotom-H set (like 25 points for the reference). no but seriously that set seems to me like it has potential BUT i think it'd be better with overheat still. HP Fire is just like what. I mean you're getting the boosts from Charge Beam so you can afford to have drops with an actually powerful move. Just my opinion but i've never used the set so idek lol

5. Slap like 4 speed EVs on Slowbro just cuz. Also cobalion i'm not sold on sacred sword or secret sword whichever it is I should probably scroll up and find out but eh <3. I personally like CC even though it gives you negative stuff because you have fast Volt Switch to gtfo anyway and the power difference is more than noticable.

But ya that's basically it great team and also it's fabulous and ily mk

Iminyourcloset

blablabla#closetpushinghishomosexualagendathroughfabulousRMTsitsaconspiracyblablabla
Girrrrl tnx for da rateeeee.
As for Zapdos, having only an electric attacking move on there means I get really easily walled. HP flying gives me some security against that Drag Queen Roserade, (dat bitch with the weed that makes you go sleepysleep) Cobalion's Green Sistah and the Midget Green Sonic. But I will definitely consider things liek Tox or Roar or stuffs.
I can see Fly wearing a band; he needs a change in Wardrobe SOMETIME. (Seriously him and Flash wearing the same thing gets awkward)
As for Rotom, he's gonna cook up sum Overheats and we're gonna see how that works.
Rock Could SMASH with CC, but he no likey def drop; it means he HAS to run away. But Rock enjoy Power. I enjoy Power. >;D

But Kitten Milk ur da bes
EDIT: Fyi I don't really talk like this. me and Kitten have a thing.

MORE RAINBOWS~~~~~
MORE RAINBOWS~~~~~
MORE RAINBOWS~~~~~

MORE RAINBOWS~~~~~
MORE RAINBOWS~~~~~

MORE RAINBOWS~~~~~
MORE RAINBOWS~~~~~

Last edited:
Reactions: KM
I quite like this team as triple electric is something I would like to use at some point, though I could never for the life of me pick suitable team members to complement.

I on the other hand would prefer to see raikou lose its scarf. It is really disappointing, it cannot even 1HKO heracross after rocks, which I consider to be extremely poor for a scarfed mon. Additionally, as it stands, swampert and rhyperior are a nightmare for your team right now, especially rhyperior should it have megahorn as only flygon would avoid a SE hit, which it shouldn't be tanking if it can help it.

First thing I'd suggest is E-Belt raikou with HP grass over ice. You really don't need HP ice as Rotom-H can use gligar to set up a sub and sit behind it while gligar does nothing (If you're unlucky you could get stuck in a PP stall war, but more likely gligar will U-turn out I think). Also zapdos uses gligar as set-up fodder as well for sub roost.

Important calcs are important
252 SpA Expert Belt Raikou Hidden Power Grass vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 370-437 (92.26 - 108.97%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Expert Belt Raikou Hidden Power Grass vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 288-342 (66.51 - 78.98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So you can bluff a scarf, but completely wreck swampert after rocks (maybe a tiny bit of prior damage if you have a bad damage roll), while rhyperior then becomes more vulnerable to flygon, as well as being forced out if you predict the switch the first time. It's up to you whether you keep shadow ball or not. It might be worth keeping it as I'm rather concerned about chandelure too, especially if your opponent has any sense and clicks shadow ball rather than fire blast (Since only Cobalion resists it, and cannot do much in return to it). (Note if you wish to 1HKO Lure, you'd need life orb instead of expert belt to achieve this 100% of the time after SR).

Secondly, I agree with Kitten Milk about Roar. There's a few pokemon I'd prefer to see not set up against you, though with my raikou change, you may prefer HP Ice for opposing flygon.

I'm not a huge fan of your current cobalion set, but if it works so be it. It might be worth trying to tinker around with a mixed attacking set + SR, using HP ice or grass to again lure out the ground types that would otherwise stop your electric users dead. Otherwise, I'd prefer to see max atk investment over HP, as currently even with sacred sword, you won't hit non-scarf mienshao or cureslax nearly hard enough, while they can dispatch you easily enough if given the chance. Agreed again with kitten milk on the CC change.

I'll leave Rotom-H and Slowbro be, as I'm not overly sure what I'd do with them even if I did suggest a change. Possibly specs on slowbro could work, as trick would incapacitate quite a few pokemon that could prove annoying to you.

Scarfgon...I do like, but not with superpower, though there doesn't seem to me much else to replace it with, except maybe aerial ace if you are concerned about heracross.

I do like the team, despite all my criticism. Hope it keeps bringing you success.

Cool team! Just a few points...
1. Raikou is good have you considered hp grass over hp ice to blast swampert and rhyperior away? The sets not too shocking if it still gets beat by its usual counters right?
2. I agree with km on band over scarf on flygon. Your only real physical hitter is cobalion and hes in a supporting role.
3. My only recommendation on zapdos is hp grass or toxic over hp flying. Same argument with scarf raikou. You still lose to your typical counters like rhyperior swampert and snorlax. Toxic maimz all 3 so highly recommended.
4. Close combat over sacred sword on cobalion. You habe a fast volt switch and ground types like rhyperior wont be switching in. Also why did you pick that ev spread of just max hp and speed? Just curious...
5. Bro is cool!
6. I like rotoms set but i think overheat would benefit more tbh over hp fire.charge beam and subsplit givd it longevity.
other than that good team!

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Moveset Suggestions:

Although most people have suggested otherwise, I would recommend keeping HP Ice on Raikou, especially if you are using scarf. This move allows you to catch Scarf Flygon users off guard almost 100% of the time, you would have to be playing an elite player for them to sniff out this set. I would recommend replacing Shadow Ball with Extrasensory, allowing you to nab a guaranteed 2HKO on Nidoqueen switch-ins, and 1HKO on Mienshao after Stealth Rock. 1HKOing Mienshao is especially important, because despite you outspeeding it, it can take a Thunderbolt and 1HKO back with HJK. Both Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt 2HKO Chandelure with or without Stealth Rock, it isn't that important of a move.

As for Rotom-H, you should replace Hidden Power Fire with Hidden Power Grass, and Substitute with Overheat. Because you are pairing it with two other electric types, you need a lure for removing both Swampert and Rhyperior, and Rotom-H is perfect. Once you lure out and weaken these two mons, Raikou and Zapdos are free to spam their STAB attacks. Having 3 different mons that are completely walled by Rhyperior and Swampert is not advisable, I think adding HP Grass to one of them will help this team a ton. This change forces you to run Overheat as well, though I do agree with other raters to use Overheat over HP Fire anyways, the power difference is really crucial.

Lastly, I agree 100% with Kittenmilk, you already have the fastest scarfer in the tier as your revenge killer, changing your Flygon set to Choice Band gives you a wallbreaker, which your team currently lacks. A well played Snorlax or Umbreon could be really difficult for your current team to break, this change will allow you to break through these walls much, much easier. You should replace Superpower with Dragon Claw as well, Superpower has minimal use, and Dragon Claw gives you an option to hit ground resists without locking yourself into a move, otherwise Banded Flygon is easily revenge killed.

Suggested Changes:
Raikou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Flygon @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn

Hope this helps!

Iminyourcloset

Thank you to all you posters <3
Lemme respond to you guize onebyone:
@silenced yeah, I can see Rhyperior as a big threat to this team, but with the editing on Rotom-H I'm alright. And while I do lovelovelove Ebelt Raikou, the point of my scarf set is to be the fastest 'mon in the tier, Revenge killing and gaining momentum more than being the total "I'm gonna go kill errythang" Raikou. But I do like the idea and I'll probably use an Ebelt Raikou soon. Thanks ;3

@Patrick1088 HP ice is honestly just more useful, plus I have Rotom-H with HP grass, so I think I'm alright. And yeah. Bandgon>Scarfgon. A lot. I'm trying out Toxic right now; I haven't been able to test Zapdos that much in the few battles I've tested. (then I'll probably try Roar if Toxic doesn't seem to work for me.) And yeah. Close Combat is better for Smashing. I love Cobal even more now <3

@PsYch071c You sir, did help a bunch ;). I didn't know that Mienshao could take a Tbolt (but it apparently can :/) so Extrasensory's going to help me beat other scarfers. The new Rotom-H set is better, Overheat does have the POWAH >:D. Plus it does well against Swamp and Rhyperior, since most people think they're choiced when it first comes in. and CB Flygon is veryverryverrrryverrrrrry strong.

Again, Thank you guys somuch.
Here's Pete Wentz saluting you, representing what I should do to you now (ignore the licking part)

(God this is from an OOLD music video)

BTW: I'm still looking for Rates- If you have anything to say, please do. All Rates are Appreciated!!! (Except ones from hetero buzzkills)

Last edited:
All seems good now. The only thing left I would recommend at this point is messing around with the IV's on your Rotom-H. Part of its appeal (IMO) is having just enough speed to outpace the base 85 speed group. While nidoking is falling in usage, and your Rotom-H doesn't have much it can do vs kingdra, a speed tie with SD heracross could prove very costly to your team, especially considering Raikou's extrasensory DOES NOT 1HKO heracross even after rocks (requires more prior damage) leaving a choice-locked outrage flygon as your only hope. If there's a way to allow Rotom-H with 31 speed IV's and HP grass, I'd look into it (I'd tell you myself but I struggle a bit with IV values).

Actually, now that I think of it, DD kingdra seems a big threat as well, but I've got no idea how to fix that particular problem without making further changes that might upset team balance.

Putting it out there, maybe you should run either a different steel type (D:) or a more defensive set on cobalion - max DEF/SPDEF as it takes alot of hit from other pokemons weaknesses, and with prediction has good attack from justified.
It also doesnt need speed if it can take hits better, but you may miss the taunt on entry hazarders, ahile they arent expecting it.

Thats all.

Iminyourcloset

All seems good now. The only thing left I would recommend at this point is messing around with the IV's on your Rotom-H. Part of its appeal (IMO) is having just enough speed to outpace the base 85 speed group. While nidoking is falling in usage, and your Rotom-H doesn't have much it can do vs kingdra, a speed tie with SD heracross could prove very costly to your team, especially considering Raikou's extrasensory DOES NOT 1HKO heracross even after rocks (requires more prior damage) leaving a choice-locked outrage flygon as your only hope. If there's a way to allow Rotom-H with 31 speed IV's and HP grass, I'd look into it (I'd tell you myself but I struggle a bit with IV values).

Actually, now that I think of it, DD kingdra seems a big threat as well, but I've got no idea how to fix that particular problem without making further changes that might upset team balance.
Actually, I just forgot to change the IVs lol. It actually should have 31 IVs in speed. As for Kingdra, Rain sweepers are usually modest, so they should be outsped by Scarf Raikou even under rain. As for DD Kingdras, Raikou still outspeeds after 1 boost, (And two boosts if Adamant; idk if that's a thing or not) meaning it can come in and give it a good hit, then switch to Slowbro or Zapdos to take the incoming attack. Not the best way to deal with it, but it's not that bad.

md5793 said:
Putting it out there, maybe you should run either a different steel type ( D: ) or a more defensive set on cobalion - max DEF/SPDEF as it takes a lot of hit from other pokemons weaknesses, and with prediction has good attack from justified.
It also doesn't need speed if it can take hits better, but you may miss the taunt on entry hazarders, while they aren't expecting it.

Thats all.
The thing is, if I don't run at least 232 speed EVs, then I don't outspeed nonscarf mienshao. Sure, I have Slowbro, but U-turn will take a lot out of it, and it's predictable, meaning a double switch could easily happen. If anything happens to slowbro, or I'm worried it's going to get U-turned when I switch to it, Cobal is a nice backup. Cobalion can at least CC it in a worst case scenario, if not Volt Switch out to Zapdos for the HJK/Uturn. Also, that's Cobalion's main thing over other steels. It's fast, which means it won't make a team lose so much momentum. Also, it gets Volt Switch, which helps it get out of the battle fast. I put in max Speed to at least speed tie with other Cobalion, or outspeed standard utility Cobalion (which only runs 232 speed EVs).
And, why would I invest in Only defenses rather than HP?
I know this works for Blissey in OU, but Cobalion really needs that HP investment to even consider taking a hit. Also, investing in its Special Defense simply isn't worth it. Any Special attacks aimed at it that 2hkoed before will probably still 2hko it. (bar probably like weak HP Electrics or something)

But there goes my rant (sorry, lol; it's just some people seems to really not get Cobalion. Nothing against you, just showing why Cobalion is different than your average steel). Anyway, what Steel would you suggest that could fit that spot? I know there's SR+3attacks Empoleon, but being weak to electric puts a notable pressure on Flygon.

Looking over that rotom set again its actually really good with chargebeam overhrat hp grass and pain split. I was going over the calcs and while lefties is good rotom can ohko tank rhyperior at +1 with hp grass with life orb pain split issemi good recovery just an idea...

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Putting it out there, maybe you should run either a different steel type ( D: ) or a more defensive set on cobalion - max DEF/SPDEF as it takes alot of hit from other pokemons weaknesses, and with prediction has good attack from justified.
It also doesnt need speed if it can take hits better, but you may miss the taunt on entry hazarders, ahile they arent expecting it.

Thats all.
Since Cobalion's HP is lower than its Defense, investing in HP would have more of an impact on its physical defense than investing in its Defense stat. Likewise, investing in Special Defense would be more effective than investing in HP. That said, he really does need the Speed for Mienshao, as he said.

Iminyourcloset

Looking over that rotom set again its actually really good with chargebeam overhrat hp grass and pain split. I was going over the calcs and while lefties is good rotom can ohko tank rhyperior at +1 with hp grass with life orb pain split issemi good recovery just an idea...
I really like Lefties in that spot to be completely honest. With SR alone, it's a tad difficult to keep Rotom-H alive. WIth SR+ LO, it'd be nearly impossible. And while LO HP grass KOs Rhyperior at +1, that's rare in and of itself. Rotom-H isn't the main thing I would probably use to take down Rhyperior, but more to severely dent it so it no longer poses a threat. If I'm not worried about it having Megahorn, Slowbro should be actually able to do okay against most Rhyperior, with 4x SE STAB and everything.
But that is really tempting... o3o thank you though ;D

And hey @Arcticblast
Thanks for the back up there ;)
Would you consider giving me more of rate? (if you don't, that's cool but it would totally ruin our friendship)

Iminyourcloset

I would, but I don't play UU, I just came for the fabulous.
M'kay. I can accept that then.

~~~~~EVEN MORE RAINBOWS<3~~~~~

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

~you forgot the most important color closet i am shamed

oh also that slowbro set is kind of iffy to me. I feel like if you're going to be running a boosting sweeper you should at least have a little more investment in SpA. You may think that you don't need the investment because you have the boosts, but remember that if you have +3, it'll be amplifying those EVs that much more. Just a thought.

Iminyourcloset

~you forgot the most important color closet i am shamed

oh also that slowbro set is kind of iffy to me. I feel like if you're going to be running a boosting sweeper you should at least have a little more investment in SpA. You may think that you don't need the investment because you have the boosts, but remember that if you have +3, it'll be amplifying those EVs that much more. Just a thought.
Kitten, You can't just pull pink out everywhere. That kills the effect ;(
But Slowbro is meant to be defensive first, then get boosts to not die by special attacks, then do damage back. Think of it like Suicune. Defensively Invested, with with the ability to kick as to not be set-up bait. It's not a "sweeper" really, although it does sometimes crush teams given the opportunity; it's a Defensive behemoth that boosts up to A) Tank Special Attacks and B) be able to take hits AND do damage. Hope that makes sense.
It's Okay Though Kitten. You rating this team twice makes me honored ;D

Actually, I just forgot to change the IVs lol. It actually should have 31 IVs in speed. As for Kingdra, Rain sweepers are usually modest, so they should be outsped by Scarf Raikou even under rain. As for DD Kingdras, Raikou still outspeeds after 1 boost, (And two boosts if Adamant; idk if that's a thing or not) meaning it can come in and give it a good hit, then switch to Slowbro or Zapdos to take the incoming attack. Not the best way to deal with it, but it's not that bad.

The thing is, if I don't run at least 232 speed EVs, then I don't outspeed nonscarf mienshao. Sure, I have Slowbro, but U-turn will take a lot out of it, and it's predictable, meaning a double switch could easily happen. If anything happens to slowbro, or I'm worried it's going to get U-turned when I switch to it, Cobal is a nice backup. Cobalion can at least CC it in a worst case scenario, if not Volt Switch out to Zapdos for the HJK/Uturn. Also, that's Cobalion's main thing over other steels. It's fast, which means it won't make a team lose so much momentum. Also, it gets Volt Switch, which helps it get out of the battle fast. I put in max Speed to at least speed tie with other Cobalion, or outspeed standard utility Cobalion (which only runs 232 speed EVs).
And, why would I invest in Only defenses rather than HP?
I know this works for Blissey in OU, but Cobalion really needs that HP investment to even consider taking a hit. Also, investing in its Special Defense simply isn't worth it. Any Special attacks aimed at it that 2hkoed before will probably still 2hko it. (bar probably like weak HP Electrics or something)

But there goes my rant (sorry, lol; it's just some people seems to really not get Cobalion. Nothing against you, just showing why Cobalion is different than your average steel). Anyway, what Steel would you suggest that could fit that spot? I know there's SR+3attacks Empoleon, but being weak to electric puts a notable pressure on Flygon.
I get your point as there arent too many in the tier or in general, I kind of take back my comment now that I think about it. Strong physical defensive bronzong can take hits from mienshao and deal heavy damage to most hard hitters (as uu is a fast-paced metagame) with Gyro Ball and it can set up SR, but the Taunt would be really good in general and it doesnt get it. It only has one weakness though, and with 3 resists of it, its not too bad to deal with.
Consider, but I guess I wouldnt change it either

Iminyourcloset

I get your point as there arent too many in the tier or in general, I kind of take back my comment now that I think about it. Strong physical defensive bronzong can take hits from mienshao and deal heavy damage to most hard hitters (as uu is a fast-paced metagame) with Gyro Ball and it can set up SR, but the Taunt would be really good in general and it doesnt get it. It only has one weakness though, and with 3 resists of it, its not too bad to deal with.
Consider, but I guess I wouldnt change it either
Bronzong is always a cool option, being immune to ground (thereby giving my team 4 immunites to it- 2legit2quit) and having pretty damn nice bulk. It's Psychic typing is a double-edged sword though, unfortunately. Being Neutral to Fighting is great, but being Neutral to Ghost and Dark (not to mention bug) isn't good for my team when I need a resistance to it. But always cool. Thanks again, md ;)

Because I'm bored here's Brendon Urie of Panic At The Disco having a weird lip/tongue problem or something. Also it represents the happiness I have from all the love for this RMT :3 (that's right, they no longer have their excalamation point according to Pandora's bio)

-RING RING-
:toast:: Yes, this is Toast. You called?
Bad jokes aside, the next one is him with a weird neck twitch problem + represents how I feel about people viewing this RMT and not comment (that's right, I see you <_<. And you too, with the face. FYI: lol I don't really care if you don't comment, I just need excuses to post gifs of people from bands I like)

PS: I'm a diehard P!ATD fan. Not gonna lie, most their newer stuff is iffy to me. But I Write Sins Not Tragedies, Nine in the Afternoon, The Only Difference Between Suicide and Martyrdom is Press Coverage, Northern Downpour etc, etc, are the best IMO. But PATD will always be PATD.

PSS: Brendon Urie is scrum-diddily-umptious

PSSS: I'm not trying to ask people to vote for me or whatever, (only vote if you really like my team a lot, and only if you want to- I'm not trying to advertise or anything. Clear?) but I'm just wondering- is my team "unique" enough to be considered unique by the RMT Archives? I was just lurking around the other day, and I had a dream (Like MLK) that I'd be fabulously famous for my fabulously favorited RMT being immortalized. The only "unique" things would be my Zapdos and Rotom-H sets, but that's not really that outlandish or legendary or anything o_o.
But I'm just interested in that o3o.

LOL DEATH
LOLJK
R
AINBOW
&
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII1IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aight, Mr. One-Of-The-Few-Mods-Higher-Than-Me-On-PS, let's rate this bad boy Can't guarantee whether my heterosexuality will ruin fun or not tho :[.

First off, I wanna say, I'm glad you RMT'd that one team you played against me, it's pretty dope, and your core is pretty annoying to take down. And kudos for coming such a long way with it (And for using Cobalion and Rotom-H, two of some of my favorite UU Pokemon)! Like, for real for real I barely got many changes to suggest, for once.

Like the only big issue I see with this team is that a well-played SubCM Raikou can deal some treacherous damage to it, which is something most UU teams themselves need to prepare for. Granted, Rotom-H walls the living mess out of SubCM Raikou, but the issue is it's under serious pressure (no pun intended) to take it out before Raikou does. Like, it can start CMing as you spam Charge Beam, or even get up a Sub on you. You could get into a little Charge Beam Vs. CM war, but Charge Beam ain't as reliable, and the minute you blow your Overheat, he's already now maintained an advantage on you. And to make issues worse, your only revenge killer is a Scarfed Raikou of your own, who isn't going to be killing it at all. And Banded Flygon is promptly outsped and OHKOed by Hidden Power Ice as is. And your own special wall has no means of touching it at all whatsoever, while it just continues setting up. Okay, I think you get the issue here, no? SubCM Raikou is a douche, and provided your opponent is competent and doesn't let it get worn down by repetitive assaults from all your Pokemon (It may actually take all 6 of 'em, tbh. Maybe 5), it's capable of sweeping if not at least putting a massive dent into your team from the get-go.

For this reason most UU teams that lack a Snorlax or an Umbreon run a bulky ground-type that isn't 4x weak to Ice, just to be able to check this thing reliably. And I really would hate suggesting you replace one of the very Pokemon you built your team around, I may have to honestly suggest you replace Flygon with another Ground-type wallbreaker, such as Choice Band Swampert. I would suggest an offensive Rhyperior, but due to being weak to HP Ice, it's actually demolished by a boosted Hidden Power Ice unless you choose to run the standard tank set. But you specifically chose Cobalion to set rocks for you, and the Tank set won't hit as hard. Swampert on the other hand checks Raikou much more reliably while still keeping decent synergy for your team (You just trade a Dragon weakness and a 4x Ice weakness for a 4x Grass weakness...and literally all but 2 of your pokes resist Grass, one still being neutral). The other Raikou sets literally aren't as much of an issue for your team as that specific one, but that set alone is dangerous enough that I'd recommend this change. I would probably run a set such as:

Wheaties Swampert @ Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Ripped straight off of Smogon, this set just whacks things in the face while still checking Raikou pretty hard. The speed EVs are mainly to outspeed Umbreon and anything else slower, to allow you to continue wrecking stuff up.

Anyway, that's all I got brah! Keep it up, and I hope your team does solid and I hope maybe you make it into dat Archive one day. I'd say something Fabulous or summin here but I'm trying to keep it #3hunna doe

Iminyourcloset

Blablabla CM Raikou's an ass, try out Choice Band Swampert.

Wheaties Swampert @ Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Ripped straight off of Smogon, this set just whacks things in the face while still checking Raikou pretty hard. The speed EVs are mainly to outspeed Umbreon and anything else slower, to allow you to continue wrecking stuff up.

Anyway, that's all I got brah! Keep it up, and I hope your team does solid and I hope maybe you make it into dat Archive one day. I'd say something Fabulous or summin here but I'm trying to keep it #3hunna doe
Actually, I kinda like this.
Swampert always has interesting synergy with my teams.
However, I am worried about major speed loss. I will definitely try it out though. Although sadly Raigon core must break :C
oh well.
Tysm Brobat <3 you hetero buzzkill (come on guys make this a thing)

Iminyourcloset

so it's been a couple of days, so i hope this is acceptable, but Ima give my team a little bump.
I would love it if more people could rate! (is that creepy?)
I'm currently testing Band Swampert over Band Flygon, and am having mixed results.
All my team members are more or less subject to any needed change.
So gimme feedback!!!one!!1!
If anything, test out the team. It's just a lovely team I'm proud of. Maybe you'll get inspired :3

But this RMT may be near its end. Sad :C
but oh well.

but MOAR GIFS :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

"Look Patrick Ima fishy fish. LOOK!"
"Not now Pete. I'm busy."

"LOOK Patrick now Ima ZOMBEH!"
"Pete! What are you doing!?"

"Patrick, just stop oppressing me. You do this all the time."

"oh I'm sorry bby; here's a kiss."

"NO. Patrick, I'm cutting this relationship off."
"Wha-What?"
"You heard me."

"FINE. I GUESS WE'RE THROUGH!"

"Oh Patrick you know I couldn't stay mad at you. Now lemme eat your flesh plz."
"Godammit Pete not right now."

The following years Pete and Patrick would go to counseling, so they could work all their differences out to have a healthy relationship.

IF THIS WASN'T FABULOUS ENOUGH IDK WHAT WOULD BE.
But that's my bump. Sorry if it's way too long, but it's for fun. Hope that's ok? I just wanted to go out with a bang.
~Closet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)