Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, every Mega has gained a full 100 points to its Base Stat Total.

That bodes ill for the potential utility of Mega Mawile, who would end up with a still-poor 480 if the patterns hold, and whose Huge Power boosted base 85 Attack is being eclipsed by Megas of other, more well-rounded Pokemon.

If Game Freak was trying to use Megas to stimulate balance, they've not done a very good job of it.
With Max EVs and IVs, Huge Power 85 base attack is the euivelant of 219 regular base attack. This is not being eclipsed by a whole lot. Certainly nothing the itemless Megas Have to offer.

Mawile from past generations has a great moveset too. Not much in the way of support moves that would be useful (though it's a baton passer and can learn pain split) but great stabs + elemental punches and sucker punch
lets not forget its newest move play rough (fairy move with 90 bp with a chance to lower attack? hell fuckin yes!)

Individuals who have gotten hold of the game have no legal obligations to Nintendo. They can post whatever info they want, so long as it doesn't constitute copyright infringement.
Under the laws of Nintendo's informational embargo, that will not be lifted until 12:00 AM this Saturday, revealing any information about the contents of the game (even the game manual) is in violation of copyright laws. Any party found violating the embargo, whether it be a store selling the game, or even Josh or Kanpachi, can have their copies of the game confiscated under violation of an Informational Embargo, and can be charged with copyright infringement. No parties whether public or private currently have the right to disclose in-game information until this Saturday.

I'm PRETTY sure Freeze Dry is a dual-type move since it's SE on Water types and does the regular on everything else that isn't Grass, Flying or Dragon...which means that Kingdra BETTER WATCH OUT!
"Kingdra used Surf. It's super-effective! The Aurorus fainted!"
hell naw

Mawhile resistances: 4x bug, 2x rock, 2x dark, 2x ice, 2x grass, 2x psychic, 2x normal, 2x fairy, 2x flying immunity to dragon and poison
Mawhile weak to: 2x fire, 2x ground

wow that is gorgeous

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
About Mawile... have you forgotten Huge Power? 590 Attack is fucking huge, Mawile would need 219 Base Attack to reach that number without the ability.

...Even then, I'm guessing they'll reduce its Attack. 50/65/125/55/95/90=480; An Adamant with 252 EVs would then reach 502 Attack, the same stat a 179 Base Attack pokémon would have. 480 + 114 = 594, close enough to the 600 threshold.

Game Freak balance devs > you

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
About Mawile... have you forgotten Huge Power? 590 Attack is fucking huge, Mawile would need 219 Base Attack to reach that number without the ability.

...Even then, I'm guessing they'll reduce its Attack. 50/65/125/55/95/90=480; An Adamant with 252 EVs would then reach 502 Attack, the same stat a 179 Base Attack pokémon would have. 480 + 114 = 594, close enough to the 600 threshold.

watch it get +40 Atk. v_v

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.

That seems quite likely, all things considered... a slightly less insane Attack number in exchange for more defenses.

...although these are the same GameFreak people who decided to give Mega Gardevoir +20 Attack instead of Defense which I will never forgive them for, so anything could happen.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Slow as fuck with huge Attack sounds balanced enough to me, at least for OU. Especially when your only priority is Sucker Punch. I wouldn't be surprised if they only boosted its defenses, and maybe even its SpA a bit for the trolling factor.

I'm PRETTY sure Freeze Dry is a dual-type move since it's SE on Water types and does the regular on everything else that isn't Grass, Flying or Dragon...which means that Kingdra BETTER WATCH OUT!
It's not dual type, it's just Ice but with a special effect. Water normally resists Ice, so to make it SE it would have to paired with a type which is 4x SE against water - which of course, doesn't exist.
It is seriosuly effective on Kingdra though.

watch it get +40 Atk. v_v
300 BST equivelant? Let's hope not.

That'd put him close to the same league as Power Trick Shuckle with a Life Orb. 0_0

"Kingdra used Surf. It's super-effective! The Aurorus fainted!"
hell naw

Mawhile resistances: 4x bug, 2x rock, 2x dark, 2x ice, 2x grass, 2x psychic, 2x normal, 2x fairy, 2x flying immunity to dragon and poison
Mawhile weak to: 2x fire, 2x ground

wow that is gorgeous
So basically he walls almost everything?

I think Mawile's poor BST (compared to other Megas) is going to be fairly remedied by Huge Power AND Intimidate. I think it really comes down to how that extra 100 BST is distributed, I really want to know. Are there at least ranges? Here's hoping they don't waste any stats on Speed or Spec. Attack, they're not salvageable. Either give it some extreme boost in Attack or give it good defenses.

To be fair though, it can only use Intimidate once. Mawile is just about the only Poke that would benefit from not keeping it's Mega Evo after a switch.

Personally I'm wonndering about fairy kiss, as I can't seem to find any information on it yet. Since mawile's hp won't change when it megas, but its defenses are going to 'sharply' increase, a draining move coupled with that huge attack would be ideal. Add suckerpunch, immunity to toxic, and a great defensive typing, and we'd have a hell of a tanky poke

Yeah, that's a pre-evo of another Pokemon we know of. The evolved form is called "Loadovshet"

If a new Pokemon is not mentioned in the data thread, then it's pretty much fake. Please take the time to look through what info we have gathered on X&Y already and the common sense to gauge a fake leak before posting anything sketchy here.
Looks like a Trapinch...

I think Mawile's poor BST (compared to other Megas) is going to be fairly remedied by Huge Power AND Intimidate. I think it really comes down to how that extra 100 BST is distributed, I really want to know. Are there at least ranges? Here's hoping they don't waste any stats on Speed or Spec. Attack, they're not salvageable. Either give it some extreme boost in Attack or give it good defenses.

To be fair though, it can only use Intimidate once. Mawile is just about the only Poke that would benefit from not keeping it's Mega Evo after a switch.
They've explicitly pointed out that it gets boosts to both defenses so those will likely be the bulk of the stat distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)