Pokémon XY Data Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me I am not good at making these kind of posts
On showdown I recently looked at Slurpuff's stats and it said these were its base stats
HP100 Atk95 Def90 SpA65 SpD75 Spe30
Look, I'm not expert on this stuff, but this seems off.
This is what my Slurpuff's stats are (It is level 53 as of right now and has the nature gentle)
  1. HP 168
  2. ATK 118
  3. Defense 95
  4. Sp. Atk 117
  5. Sp. Def 97
  6. Speed 108
    Could the base stats possibly be off?

A Shiny Butterfree in the Friend Safari whirlwinded me before I could catch it..... Whirlwind can most definitely end a battle. I was using a Pokemon under Butterfree's level, so maybe that has something to do with it.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Protip: Don't trust ps base stats. Those are just there to make XY slightly playable and have high chances of being off.

Why you shouldn't trust ps base stats at all atm: at the time of this post, it has Zygarde with 680 BST (130/95/130/95/130/100), when it reality it has 600 BST (108/100/121/81/95/95). The real stats for Zygarde were confirmed on this thread a few pages ago. Wait until the stats are confirmed here or a research thread.

Last edited:
Whirlwind/Roar/DTail/CThrow can't end a battle if opponent's level is above the user's. I've gotten DTail'd by a few Dratinis on B2 and have always managed to stay in.

Ah, well Whirlwind always failed against me and none of my Pokemon have Suction Cups. It could just be Whirlwind and not Roar so I'll edit my post to reflect that.
Actually, it could be due to your Pokemon being too heavy. Someone on Serebii said something about Dragon Tail not forcing his Lapras out even though he had other Pokemon, and I think it was mentioned that Sky Drop can fail as well.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Mega Lucario's speed appears to be 112 not 110.
My Mega Lucario's speed at Level 49 is 176, not 173 (max for a Base 110 Pokemon). The base Lucario in this case has 31 Spe IVs, 252 Spe EVs as well as a Speed boosting nature.
I've also taken snapshots of it's speed at various levels which point to this as well.

Forgive me I am not good at making these kind of posts
On showdown I recently looked at Slurpuff's stats and it said these were its base stats
HP100 Atk95 Def90 SpA65 SpD75 Spe30
Look, I'm not expert on this stuff, but this seems off.
This is what my Slurpuff's stats are (It is level 53 as of right now and has the nature gentle)
  1. HP 168
  2. ATK 118
  3. Defense 95
  4. Sp. Atk 117
  5. Sp. Def 97
  6. Speed 108
    Could the base stats possibly be off?
Showdown's stats are guesstimates.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actually, it could be due to your Pokemon being too heavy. Someone on Serebii said something about Dragon Tail not forcing his Lapras out even though he had other Pokemon, and I think it was mentioned that Sky Drop can fail as well.
If that is true, it seems definitely worth checking out Roar/Whirlwind/other force switch mechanics as they may apply outside of wild battles, and I will report this to the battle mechanics thread. That theory has some merit as the Pokemon in question was my Wartortle. Sigilyph weighs 30.9 lbs and Wartortle weighs 49.6 lbs.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Based on V4Victini's post on Mega Lucario's speed and searching for pics and vids on mega Lucario stats before and after, i got the following:
70/150/85/138/70/112. This still gives the 100 bst boost to Lucario's original bst. I might be wrong on this one(I suck at math lol), so don't take this as a fact.

Wanted to ask these, too. Even if DW Ditto doesn't work (not that we'd be able to find out until December), if a DW male bred with a non-DW female from a different evolution line can produce DW babies, then that'd mean every single DW ability would be eventually obtainable from just the event Torchic and a select handful of females.

Has anybody managed to do this yet? IMO this is something big enough to deserve getting tested. I'm trying it myself right now, but one person's results only mean so much until I actually get one.
I bred around 20 Digletts using Male Speed Boost Blaziken and female Diglett, didn't get any with Sand Force. I doubt hidden ability cross breeding is possible, but if it is, it's very rare.

I went and tested Competitive (the new ability. Raised SpAtk when stats are lowered) in a Double Battle. My Magneton's Metal Sound lowered stats but did not activate Competitive. However, the opponent used Play Nice, lowering my attack and activating Competitive.
So an ally can't activate Competitive.
I wonder if it "self activates" at all.

with a bunch of moves being changed, i would expect iron tail to be one of them. accuaracy seems low to me :P but maybe it justifies its power. but maybe its power should be lowered also. it be more viable.. maybe on par with iron head, but little more powerful.

im going to look into this.

edit: nevermind, just wishful thinking

regarding whirlwind, i have had it end wild battles before, and found it only didn't work against snorlax, so maybe whirlwind fails against heavy pokemon?

Some additional moves for Heliolisk;

Surf, Grass Knot, Volt Switch, Mud-Slap, "Electrify" (this move changes the type of the opponent's move to electric if you move first), "Eerie Impulse" (lowers the opponent's Sp Atk, not sure if by 1 or 2 stages).

I think Mega Venusaur actually has higher Special attack and the same Speed as regular Venusaur. Whenever I mega evolve my Venusaur it gets more Special attack but the speed stays the same.

I will try to post pictures later.

I bred around 20 Digletts using Male Speed Boost Blaziken and female Diglett, didn't get any with Sand Force. I doubt hidden ability cross breeding is possible, but if it is, it's very rare.
Thanks for trying, but a quick note for you or anybody trying this, or breed in general:

The first egg you receive is preset by the time you put the Pokemon in the daycare. While trying this myself I saved in the Daycare right after dropping them off, but got the same first egg generated every time. This also implies that soft resetting doesn't work. So if you're breeding for abilities you need to keep an eye on nature/characteristic too to make sure you aren't just getting the same egg over and over again. It works normally after the first one, though.

Also, I was worried that it was the BW2 glitch all over again, so I started over again after picking up that first egg. Thankfully the "new" first egg was different, though it still shows up on every reset. So to any RNGers out there, RNG breeding might still be possible (in fact, if the egg is really set when you deposit your pokemon, it might be even easier...).

I just got a Modest Lv.5 Fennekin on Wonder Trade, stats are 20/9/10/13/12/12

These seem unusually high for a Lv.5, and there are no EV's on this, since Super Training says nothing. Characteristic is Mischievous.

Edit: I'm an idiot and I was comparing a Lv.5 Fennekin to a Lv.1 Froakie *headdesk*

Last edited:
I'm breeding Rain Dish Squirtles atm, as I caught a male Rain Dish Wartortle at the Safari.
I know male DW pokemon are now able to give their ability to their offspring, but this doesn't work with the same species I guess?

Ditto + male DW Wartortle = Squirtles with Torrent or Rain Dish, 50/50 I think
But female Torrent Squirtle + male DW Wartortles so far only gives me Torrent Squirtles.....
Will edit my post if I hatch a DW Squirtle.

From Serebii:

"If you speak to the Backpacker in the hotels for four days, he gives you an item called a "Strange Souvenir". The maid outside advises you to keep hold of it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)