Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hey guys! This isn't really an in-game question.

With the speed of information we're getting, it's not unrealistic to predict that we'll be able to get an actual simulator up and running by Dec 27th. The problem then becomes that we don't know possible changes to Pokemon not found in XY, including some starters and just about every legendary. So my question is this: would we just play the meta without the old Pokemon, similar to 200 Play in Advance? Because if that's so I would like to make a topic about it because the metagame would be completely different after PokeBank is usable!

Is there a semi-simple way to increase my chances of getting HP-fire through breeding? I have a Greninja with good IVs but it can''t learn the HP that I need. Any help would be appreciated!
Assuming Hidden Power stayed the same from previous gens, you need Geninja to have an odd IV in HP, Defense, and Special Defense with an even IV in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. I think you can also do it with an even HP and an odd Attack stat, as well. The best IV combination for this would be 31 HP/30 Atk/31 Def/30 SpAtk/31 SpDef/30 Spe.

If the parents have 31 SpAtk and Spe to get a good IV Froakie, you'll have a hard time getting HP Fire because you would only have a chance of getting it if the baby doesn't inherit either of those IVs. The best way to breed for HP Fire would be to make each parent have 30 SpAtk/31 SpDef/30 Spe. If you catch a bunch of Ditto, you can find one with 30 Spe or SpAtk and use that to get a parent with those IVs or you could probably get someone to trade you one.

Is there a semi-simple way to increase my chances of getting HP-fire through breeding? I have a Greninja with good IVs but it can''t learn the HP that I need. Any help would be appreciated!
Funnily enough, it is now harder to get 30 IVs than 31 IVs. There's really no easy way, apart from finding Pokemon with 30 EVs.

On the turn that you mega evolved, are all of the damage that's calculated or who out-speeds whom, based on the stats of the original un-megaevolved pokemon (i.e. atk, defense, speed, sp atk etc.) or the stats of the megaevolved pokemon?

Just saw that you can pass down certain tutor moves by breeding, eg seismic toss on Blissey.
Is this just because the Blissey line now inherently has ST as a regular egg move, or does this apply to all tutor moves?
Tutor moves and egg moves overlap. You can give a male of that species tutor moves and it will pass them down as egg moves.

Has anyone been able to sign on to Pokemon GL since the launch of XY? It seems like there is 100% uptime on maintenance. I've checked 2-3 times a day, every day, for the last 6 days.
No, they took it down awhile ago. I'm not sure what they're turning it into though.

Does the Ability Capsule work with Dream World Abilities?
Quoth serebii.net : "When used on a Pokémon, this item will change its ability to the other standard ability it can have. If a Pokémon only has one ability, it will not work. It will not change a Pokémon with its Hidden Ability or change a Pokémon to have its Hidden Ability"

I have not tested this myself, however.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
How do you get pokemon from black and white or black 2 and white 2 onto these games?? I have a friend with a second 3ds so can I do it locally (like via infrared or something)??

No, they took it down awhile ago. I'm not sure what they're turning it into though.
wat
that doesn't make sense. i synced my game to www.pokemon-gl.com, like it said i should, just yesterday. i uploaded my pokemiles and took a look at club pokemiles and their prizes, and also checked my medal count.
are we thinking of the same thing, or...?

On the turn that you mega evolved, are all of the damage that's calculated or who out-speeds whom, based on the stats of the original un-megaevolved pokemon (i.e. atk, defense, speed, sp atk etc.) or the stats of the megaevolved pokemon?
Atk, SpAtk, Def, and SpDef are the stats of the Mega Pokemon while Speed is of the non-Mega Pokemon. Actually, things like Gyro Ball and Electro Ball might use the Speed of the Mega for damage, but for determining speed order, the speed of the non-Mega Pokemon is used.

How do you get pokemon from black and white or black 2 and white 2 onto these games?? I have a friend with a second 3ds so can I do it locally (like via infrared or something)??
You can't until Pokemon Bank comes out in December.

Hi, I have a quick question, where can I get my IV bred, EV trained Pokemon to level 100 with as little painful grinding as possible?

It's a real shame that they made IV breeding and EV training drastically easier, but there seems ot be no simple solution for level grinding. A level 50 Audino horder would've been nice...

You can't until Gamefreak releases the Pokemon Bank.

Hi, I have a quick question, where can I get my IV bred, EV trained Pokemon to level 100 with as little painful grinding as possible?

It's a real shame that they made IV breeding and EV training drastically easier, but there seems ot be no simple solution for level grinding. A level 50 Audino horder would've been nice...
I am still looking for a place myself. The Battle Chateau occasionally has visitors that will challenge you with two Audinos, so you can get good experience off of that, but it's not extremely frequent and not particularly grind-worthy.

Anyone tested trick/switcheroo with the mega stones? what happens if a pokemon mega evolves and got his mega stone stolen? does the pokemon change back? or stay as is?

Anyone tested trick/switcheroo with the mega stones? what happens if a pokemon mega evolves and got his mega stone stolen? does the pokemon change back? or stay as is?
I'm almost certain that Mega Stones cannot be removed in battle at all. Trick will just fail and Thief/Magician/Knock Off will fail to remove the item.

SkaterTrainer said:
Quick question. Can you breed Stealth Rock onto Larvitar? I'm guessing Tyrantrum -> Larvitar works?
Indeed it does. Tyranitar seems to be the only viable 'mon so far with access to Rocks.

Are the IVs for the starter that Shauna gives you set? My first (No SRs at all) Fennekin from her had the spread 24/24/24/31/24/24, and it seems like this can't be a coincidence.

Last edited:
So there are no tutors for heat wave and superpower now? Darn, I was looking forward to chatot and epic absol combination.

Can anyone confirm (or find a counter-example for) all odd IV's giving fairy Hidden Power? It's in the research thread about battle mechanics but says it is a possible distribution.

I was hoping someone had a good idea of what the highest speed stat you usually find in lv 50 battles. I won't say what pokemon and movesets I'm thinking of, but what is the general highest speed stat? Would 130 speed be enough to surpass a large majority of pokemon in lv 50 battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)