Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you fill in a final slot in a HO team if you have what you need in the team already? Such as this :

Lead Azelf
Mixed Infernape
Mixed Mega Sharpedo
NP Thundurus
Scarf Diggersby
?

Another Wincon, Choice User, etc?
Could Togekiss work as a Sableye killer and secondary Wincon? Or is it a momentum killer?
BLACK KYUREM or TORNADUS THERIAN would be perfect for your Hyper Offense Team

mixed stallbreaker set, because your team can easily be counter by stall cores:Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
And a Tornadus-T switch in for that famous DracoMeteor (Lati@s):Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Can somebody tell me why Heart Swap Manaphy isn't more common?

-Deals with Baton Pass Cancer
-Deals with Megabro/Clefable/Reuniculus CM cancer
-has no accuracy downfall

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Would this set count as inmovative? Clefable with Magic Guard Toxic Orb moves are belly drum facade fire punch and softboiled/twave 252 hp 252 atk adamant nature

Why is it that I commonly see things like Talonflame@ Sharp Beak or, before it was banned, Aegislash @ Spooky Plate in OU? Isn't Expert Belt just better? Am I missing something?

Why is it that I commonly see things like Talonflame@ Sharp Beak or, before it was banned, Aegislash @ Spooky Plate in OU? Isn't Expert Belt just better? Am I missing something?
Expert Belt only boosts when it is super effective. Sharp Beak boosts Brave Bird no matter if the opponent is hit super effective, neutral, or resisted.

Items like Sharp Beak or Spooky plate let you deal better neutral damage and make it harder to switch into STAB moves in general. Expert Belt is usually only good if your moveset lets you hit a lot of things super effectively, and in that regard Talonflame and Aegislash actually don't hit a lot of things for SE damage, and anything they do hit for SE damage usually dies on the spot anyway.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sharp Beak + Spooky Plate power up Brave Bird / Shadow Ball on all targets, not just super effective ones. Flying/Ghost are renowned for their neutral coverage, not so much their super effective coverage -- it's more important to have a consistently powerful STAB move for them than have powerful super effective moves sometimes and weaker neutral STAB moves at other times.

What is the all-around bulkiest Mega Evolution in OU, but also dishes out a lot of damage?
That's kind of a loaded question, and it depends on your team to see what fits best for it, but Mega Scizor, mega veanu, mega gyara, mega heracross, mega latias, mega latios, mega altilra, mega slowbro, megachomp, and mega abomasnow can some way or another fit that definition of bulky, but dishing out punishment

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What is the all-around bulkiest Mega Evolution in OU, but also dishes out a lot of damage?
It's hard to answer that with just one mon, cuz it really depends on what kind of bulk you want.

- Mega Scizor is probably your best bet, b/c it has great physical bulk, good special bulk, a great defensive typing, recovery, and can deal out massive damage thanks to SD.

For others:
- Mega Metagross is similar to Mega Scizor, although it doesn't have recovery, so on the defensive side it falls short to Scizor.
- Mega Altaria is frailer than the others, but can still tank hits thanks to its awesome typing, and is capable of sweeping with DD.

Those are probably the best three bulky-attacker Megas, but keep in mind that there are a lot of other megas that are bulky and powerful (like Latias, Venusaur, Chomp, Gyara, Ampharos, Bro, etc).

It's hard to answer that with just one mon, cuz it really depends on what kind of bulk you want.

- Mega Scizor is probably your best bet, b/c it has great physical bulk, good special bulk, a great defensive typing, recovery, and can deal out massive damage thanks to SD.

For others:
- Mega Metagross is similar to Mega Scizor, although it doesn't have recovery, so on the defensive side it falls short to Scizor.
- Mega Altaria is frailer than the others, but can still tank hits thanks to its awesome typing, and is capable of sweeping with DD.

Those are probably the best three bulky-attacker Megas, but keep in mind that there are a lot of other megas that are bulky and powerful (like Latias, Venusaur, Chomp, Gyara, Ampharos, Bro, etc).
Which of the ones you listed hits the hardest.

Why is Heatran A+ rank? Whenever I battle it, it feels easy to wear down with SR + Knock Off + resisted attacks, and it never really exerts pressure on me like other A+ ranks do.

Why is Heatran A+ rank? Whenever I battle it, it feels easy to wear down with SR + Knock Off + resisted attacks, and it never really exerts pressure on me like other A+ ranks do.
Heatran is more ranked for supportive capability, since it has utility moves like SR, Taunt, or Lava Plume to annoy things while walling. Heatran's not usually going to last the whole game, but the number of things its typing, bulk, and movepool allow it to support really help it fit into a lot of good OU cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)