Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an easy way in X/Y to breed flawless shiny Pokemon?
No, there sadly isn't. I suppose you could get two flawless parents of different nationalities together for a pretty damn good Masuda method bred Pokemon, but that would still take ages and there's the likely ~5/6 chance the IVs won't be what you're after.

Double post, but editing on a phone is awkward and and I'm a mod so nyeah.
a quick question, does any of the parents need to have the hidden ability for the baby to get it?
The female must have the hidden ability. The only exception to this is that Male Pokemon with hidden abilities can pass along their ability if the other parent is a ditto.

Hidden Power must be able to generate a Fairy type (presumably) so I would say the HP calculations have changed.

The Judge will call out one of your Pokémon's IVs if they suck. I'm 90% sure it has to be 0, but does anyone know? I lucked into a baby Honedge with 0 Spd and now I'm going for Brave, hahaha.
~Uiru

Hidden Power must be able to generate a Fairy type (presumably) so I would say the HP calculations have changed.
~Uiru
We'd assume so, but so far I haven't found any reports of anyone getting a HP Fairy, other than one unconfirmed rumor that all odd IVs gets you it, which would include perfect IVs. A couple people have said the old formula seems to hold true, but all this is why I started my comments with "IF(!)". ^^ My comments should be taken with a grain of salt till the existence of an HP Fairy is proved or disproved.

EDIT: I did a bit of theorycrafting on the possiblity of the rumor bring true etc and this is what I came up with. Note this is ALL my speculation. NONE of this is proven.

Currently the HP table goes from 0-15 with on number for each type, if we were to include the fairy type then it would have to be 0-16 which would mean the equation would have to multiply the IV total decimal by 16 instead of 15. The result of this would result in all odd IVs resulting in 16, which we'd assume would be fairy type. Also this would cause all of my results to be off by 1, making that if this is true then you could get HP fire with any combination that I listed under Steel.

Again this is all THEORYCRAFTING. NOTHING is proven.

Also someone in the battle mechanics thread said that the old formula seemed to work for HP ghost, I haven't had a chance to check to see if my new formula would also hold true to this.

Last edited:
I have been breeding larvitars for a while now. The best thing that I was able to get was a 31/31/31/31/x/31. And currently, I am taking a break. It took me TONS of eggs, so many that I had released a lot. Did it take you a long time too? I dont know if I was doing something wrong.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All depends on whether the RNG decides to gift you, or decides to fuck you over.

Is there an easy way in X/Y to breed flawless shiny Pokemon?
Breed two 31/31/31/31/31/31 pokemon that are from different language origins and you have a 1 in 43689 chance at a flawless shiny.

If you want only 5 perfect IV's of your choice, then it would be 1 in 1638

I have been breeding larvitars for a while now. The best thing that I was able to get was a 31/31/31/31/x/31. And currently, I am taking a break. It took me TONS of eggs, so many that I had released a lot. Did it take you a long time too? I dont know if I was doing something wrong.
after 5 hours breeding (and yes, lots and lots of eggs) i finally got my 5 perfect iv abra, but guess what! no hidden ability!! :deskflip: can anybody tell me if the capsules work with ha?

Last edited:
after 5 hours breeding (and yes, lots and lots of eggs) i finally got my 5 perfect iv abra, but guess what! no hidden ability!! :deskflip: can anybody tell me if the capsules work with ha?
Yeah, I had the same problem with my Garchomp. Dammit RNG I don't want an overpowered banned ability! Luckily I got my quint perfect garchomp a few minutes later. Just keep going is all I have to say shouldn't be too long if that one is male. Just breed it with your female.

As a sidenote, I'd to remind everyone that an easy-to-get pokemon with Cute Charm would be Sylveon. Breed any old Eevee, get it to 3 hearts in Pokemon Amie, then level it to 9 so it learns Baby-Doll Eyes and -BAM- Cute Charm Sylveon is ready to flirt with all those wild females!

If I breed A protean (Male) froakie with ditto, can i get baby female protean's? cuz I've only gotten female torrents, and male proteans.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
If I breed A protean (Male) froakie with ditto, can i get baby female protean's? cuz I've only gotten female torrents, and male proteans.
Yes it's possible. You've probably just gotten unlucky, especially as starters have a fairly unbalanced male : female ratio. (Unless I'm mistaken)

Trying to get 31/31/31/31/31/31 larvitars from 31/31/x/31/31/31 and 31/31/31/x/31/31. Is it easier this way? Or is there like a formula?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For the last 31, you are simply relying on luck. You need five of the 31s to pass and then to get a 31 randomly in the last stat.

Yes it's possible. You've probably just gotten unlucky, especially as starters have a fairly unbalanced male : female ratio. (Unless I'm mistaken)
Yeah I understood about the male:female ratio, it's just when 5 females in a row have been torrent and 90% of males have been protean, I started to suspect something. Oh well, I will press on! thanks.

If it is all luck from here, I think Id rather invest more time in breeding another poke. Lol. Even with destiny knot and two parents with 5 IVs, there is still a chance for me to get only 3 31s. Thanks!

I'm breeding a Chespin with 4 31 IV's and a ditto with 2 31 IV's and I have Ditto holding Destiny Knot and Chespin Holding Everstone and I can't seem to get hatch a chespin with 31 IV's.

I'm breeding a Chespin with 4 31 IV's and a ditto with 2 31 IV's and I have Ditto holding Destiny Knot and Chespin Holding Everstone and I can't seem to get hatch a chespin with 31 IV's.
You're getting unlucky. I don't know the exact likelihood given that you haven't listed where their 31s are, but after several eggs, a tri-flawless or better baby should spawn.

You're getting unlucky. I don't know the exact likelihood given that you haven't listed where their 31s are, but after several eggs, a tri-flawless or better baby should spawn.
The chespin has 31 ivs in Hp,Attack,Defense,Speed and the Ditto has 31 ivs in HP and SP.def. I'm trying to go for a Chespin with 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV's

so have a male Larvitar with 31/31/31/x/31/31 And its the only Larvitar i have left. Whats the % to breed him with a 3IVditto and gets 5IV children ?

I've been breeding Eevee for almost a day now. Both parent have 4 Perfect IVs and so far I've manage to get 2 5 IV babies..

Sigh but luckily now I have

Eevee 31/x/31/31/31/31
Timid with Anticipation
Egg Moves: Flail, Curse, Yawn & Wish
*soon to be Espeon

Then manage to hatched another

Eevee 31/x/31/31/31/31
Timid with Adaptability
Egg Moves: Flail, Curse, Yawn & Wish
*soon to be Jolteon

Took forever for me to get them!

Yeah, just saying that if XY breeding is way easier than previous generations (which I fully believe), I'm glad I never tried to breed before now. . _.

Took me about four or five hours to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Honedge off of a 31/31/x/x/31/31 parent and a 31/x/31/x/31/x Ditto. I probably didn't do it in the most efficient way, but still, this thread was lots of help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)