Other 6th Gen Pokemon OU Candidate Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the one who compared it to Recover.

Wish gives the same healing, anyway.
I gave you a frame of reference with which to follow my train of thought.

And the point would be to use both. Like the people in that Slurpuff thread want to do.

Generally, no one uses gen 6 much. Aegislash is the only one even somewhat used. As expected, it's an offensive trick pony. I find the best set to be automitize with life orb

Generally, no one uses gen 6 much. Aegislash is the only one even somewhat used. As expected, it's an offensive trick pony. I find the best set to be automitize with life orb
To be fair the gen 6 meta is not even a month old. I myself have only had the time to get to the 8th badge city, nevermind the end when I can start truly building up my gen 6 team.

Right now people are just going with what they know (gen 1-5), and/or literally still playing the campaign.

Think Clawitzer has a shot for being OU. Its ability makes it a Special attacking powerhouse with a ton of diversity. Slap a focus sash or assault vest on it if your afraid it will be OHKO with its lack of speed.

Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Water Pulse
Shell Smash? (if that can't be learned, then Dragon Pulse).
I prefer using MegaBlastoise for a MegaLauncher Poke, it has the better Rapid Spin.

And in fact, Hydro Pump does more damage than Water Pulse, even without the boost.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if people have considered this yet, but Kangaskhan?

I've been playing around in Battle Spot for a while, and I've noticed a lot of people (mostly Japanese...) pull out Mega Kangaskhan. The first time I saw it, I was like whatever, as I never thought Kangaskhan to be that strong.

-Power-Up Punch
-Earthquake
-(Move)
-(Move)

Because its Mega Ability allows each attack to hit twice with the same effect, Mega Kangaskhan gets +2 Attack from one Power-Up Punch. And Double Earthquake, are you kidding me? Those were the only two moves I managed to see from it. I imagine it was using Choice Scarf or something because it moved fast.

But yeah, slap Power-Up punch on Mega Kangaskhan and I believe it can burn through teams. Thoughts?

I've been playing around in Battle Spot for a while, and I've noticed a lot of people (mostly Japanese...) pull out Mega Kangaskhan. The first time I saw it, I was like whatever, as I never thought Kangaskhan to be that strong.

-Power-Up Punch
-Earthquake
-(Move)
-(Move)

Because its Mega Ability allows each attack to hit twice with the same effect, Mega Kangaskhan gets +2 Attack from one Power-Up Punch. And Double Earthquake, are you kidding me? Those were the only two moves I managed to see from it. I imagine it was using Choice Scarf or something because it moved fast.

But yeah, slap Power-Up punch on Mega Kangaskhan and I believe it can burn through teams. Thoughts?
If it went mega it can't be holding a choice scarf it was just a really fast pokemon. The only thing that I can actually see countering mega kangaskhan is a gengar which would outspeed an possibly hit it back with a spec. focus blast or a mega lucario with close combat or a skarmory. but even then, can't kangaskhan learn sucker punch and fire punch? dang man, that's powerful

-Power-Up Punch
-Earthquake
-(Move)
-(Move)

Fake out and Return.

Those were her last 2 moves.

I prefer using MegaBlastoise for a MegaLauncher Poke, it has the better Rapid Spin.

And in fact, Hydro Pump does more damage than Water Pulse, even without the boost.
Hydro pump does do more damage, yes. But only 20 BP, and you get the confuse chance with Pulse.

On Blastoise, I'm probably gonna prefer Water pulse, as he's tanky enough to not worry about OHKOing things.

Hydro pump does do more damage, yes. But only 20 BP, and you get the confuse chance with Pulse.

On Blastoise, I'm probably gonna prefer Water pulse, as he's tanky enough to not worry about OHKOing things.
Also water pulse hit 100% of the time. That has to be considered.

I haven't read all of the pages, but Protean PHYSICAL Ninja Frog seems to be working very well so far. Acrobatics, Power-Up Punch for fun, Spikes and U-Turn has been working pretty well. Probably need to figure out whether he is an attacker or hazard setter first...

I haven't read all of the pages, but Protean PHYSICAL Ninja Frog seems to be working very well so far. Acrobatics, Power-Up Punch for fun, Spikes and U-Turn has been working pretty well. Probably need to figure out whether he is an attacker or hazard setter first...
Well with setting up 3 layers of spikes a lot more difficult thanks to defog going offensive maybe the better option, especially with Protean

-Dragalge is the best dragon introduced this gen imo. Adaptability Draco meteor just wrecks stuff and fairies can't easily come in in fear of a Sludge bomb. Dragon/Poison is also pretty good defensively so Dragalge can make great use of that bulk. Not sure if it's gonna make it to OU, but it certainly has the potential.
The problem with Adaptability Dragalge is that it's much like Shadow Tag Chandelure in Gen V: It's there, but there's no way of actually getting it (yet).

I still see Dragalge getting UU and potentially OU though, even without Adaptability. It has great typing and special bulk along with a very useable 97 special attack. It can also run Assault Vest to completely wall anything special that's not super-effective on him, as it doesn't really use stat moves to begin with. Sludge Bomb/Venoshock (once bomb poisons)/Draco Meteor/Focus Blast provides decent coverage, and STAB Venoshock still deals a ton of damage on poisoned targets even without Adaptability helping it out. Focus Blast also gets rid of pesky Steels that may want to ruin its day.

After finding out what King's Shield Does, Aegislash is very powerful. This thing is always hard to take out because it makes everything into a guessing game and 50/50.

Aegislash isn't too hard to take down, megablastoise tanks even his boosted shadow sneaks and hits back hard with dark pulse, and even focus sash thunder galvantula can take the shadow sneak band hit back hard. The biggest threat this gen is probably talonflame, especially the sword dance acrobatics set with flying gen, come in on a pokemon too scared to take the priority acrobatics hit and get a sword dance and ur set. This guy is probably the best revenge killer ATM.

Im sure that aegislash will be at least banned cause it can learn both kings shield and protect plus toxic being completely annoying. Also, it holding air balloon makes it have less weaknesses

Azumarill probably too cause it holding choice band plus huge power= Death. Not to mention it being fairy type.
Diggersby with a higher attack stat than azumarill with huge power is pretty amazing too.
Carbink could be a candidate with a massive defense and sp defense stat with them having both 150 plus having the moves stealth rock,reflect and light screen will make a great lead

Im sure that aegislash will be at least banned cause it can learn both kings shield and protect plus toxic being completely annoying. Also, it holding air balloon makes it have less weaknesses
King's shield has a 50% failure rate (I think) after being used after protect. So King's shield + Protect won't make you invulnerable to attacks if that's what you're implying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)