The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

I accidentally wonder traded away one of my destiny knots yesterday.

I also used my master ball on a Slowking when I was a kid. When I had IRL friends who could have done a tradeback with me.

I started off playing Pokemon with Silver, and I remember that when I was trying to hatch the Togepi egg, I would bike into walls to try to crack the egg open.

Also, shameless self promotion: 100th post.

On my first save of Emerald (I was six), I didn't know how to catch Pokemon. I thought you had to knock them out, like in the anime. I didnt pay attention to Wally- who does?

I got up to Flannery, the fourth gym, before a friend showed me how. I had a way over levelled Blaziken by that point.

My sister and I were battling on Pokemon Gold and Silver back in the day. We were young and stupid, and weren't quite aware of super-effectiveness and movesets and type matchups.... it seemed like a really awesome battle going up until the very end when we both sent out our last pokemon.... both were Hoppips that only knew Splash. Neither of us wanted to give up against the other so we splashed until our Hoppips used Struggle.

Longest. Battle. Ever.

My pokemon Red team was Charizard/Arcanine/Rapidash/Moltres/Magmar/Ninetails because I really thought that fire types were unbeatable.

You don't want to know the things I had to do to get the Magmar and Ninetails from my brother...

My sister and I were battling on Pokemon Gold and Silver back in the day. We were young and stupid, and weren't quite aware of super-effectiveness and movesets and type matchups.... it seemed like a really awesome battle going up until the very end when we both sent out our last pokemon.... both were Hoppips that only knew Splash. Neither of us wanted to give up against the other so we splashed until our Hoppips used Struggle.

Longest. Battle. Ever.
Most GSC OU battles are about 100-200 turns in length.

I remember, against my friend once I used an Empoleon with Hydro Pump/Hydro Cannon/Surf/Waterfall. I didn't know what Water Absorb did.

Uhh, well, this story involves both me and a younger cousin of mine. Happened a few years ago (DPPt)

So, he asks to borrow my arceus to beat the Sinnoh E4, right? Except he didn't give it back.
That was rather aggravating, except the pokemon I borrowed from him was a gabite. I think he already had a garchomp, it just wasn't leveled enough.
Cue me partially EV training it (partially because he had used it before, and I forgot the numbers of EV training), and siccing it on his battling team a few weeks later. It took out EVERYBODY but the arceus (We were playing on PBR).
The icing on the cake? His gabite had EQ already on it, so I didn't have to waste my TM on it.
I guess both of us should be face palming, me for losing an arceus to him, him for giving me a gabite with EQ on it.

You don't want to know the things I had to do to get the Magmar and Ninetails from my brother...
O.o I wanna k... On second thought, I kinda don't... :S

A facepalm move I can remember is letting my little brother play my Crystal version. This was back when I didn't know what Shinies were, so in an RE on the water route near Cianwood City, and he encounters a shiny Tentacool. He either ran away from it or he killed it, can't remember which, but once I learned about the Shinies, I was like ' well, shit..' a couple of days later, he deletes my Crystal 'by mistake'. :(

What's so silly about that? If I'm being stupid this can count as a facepalm-worthy moment.
It was silly the first time, since I completely forgot about Levitate. But then I did it a second time because I pressed the A button too fast, and my T-Tar got taken out by Focus Blast.

LOL Even when I consider myself an expert in EVs, IVs, and everything competitive, I accidentally selected the wrong move while facing a Gym Leader and made myself lose, I was soo close too...

I was 9 when I got my first Pokemon game, Yellow Version, (which I actually still have) and I had gotten far enough that I had defeated Team Rocket and received my first Master Ball. I continued my journey and my bag filled to the point that I couldn't carry anymore items. In 1st Gen you had one bag pouch that was a complete mess and held all items together; TMs, Pokeballs, Potions, etc. I had to keep tossing items so that I could pickup new ones and had gotten to the point that my bag was full of TMs and other items I had deemed too important to toss to make room for new items. Got to an item on the ground and my bag was full, tossed my Master Ball and saved. Don't remember what the item even was! Later I found out that you could store items in the PC just like you could Pokemon. /Facepalm

I ended up restarting my Yellow Version, after trading all of my good Pokemon to a friend, because I spent hours trying to catch Mewtwo to no avail. When I finally got back to Mewtwo on my second run I tried to throw my Master Ball but my party and my PC Box was full. :( Had to Escape Rope out to change my box and traverse that ridiculous maze of a cave back to Mewtwo. In 1st Gen you had to make sure to switch to a new box when one was full, it didn't automatically switch to the next one like it does now. Always made me mad when I saw the PC Box if Full error message when trying to catch a Pokemon. One of the best changes to Pokemon over the years imo.

A few years ago I was running through Leaf Green again to Soft Reset for Moltres. I was walking through Mt. Ember, chatting on the computer while I played, and wasn't paying much attention to the game. I suddenly hear the sound of a shiny appearing (when the stars fly around) and nearly jumped on my chair of surprise.

Needless to say, I hit the GBA SP on my table and the game froze. It was a Shiny Fearow.
At least it wan't a shiny Pidgey...

I definitely sold my Destiny Knot at a shop in X.

I haven't sold any other items. I just thought "well, this 100 poke will be more useful than this. When will I ever use it?"

Few days later, I found out what exactly it did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)