Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Great work! This is amazing, and I'm really impressed. I hope, however, you don't mind me asking a couple things (constructive, I assure you!)

Where is Arm Thrust on the move list?
I think Arm Thrust is the only Multi-Hitting move you forgot (which makes sense considering no one really used it before Mega-Heracross came along).
Also (and I don't know how hard it is), but if there was an option that allowed you to switch the two mons there with each other (i.e. A vs. B becomes B vs. A, with B now being the Attacker) that would be phenomenal.

Keep up the great work!

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also (and I don't know how hard it is), but if there was an option that allowed you to switch the two mons there with each other (i.e. A vs. B becomes B vs. A, with B now being the Attacker) that would be phenomenal.
I'm not sure why people keep asking for this...there is no "attacker" or "defender" on this calculator. You can already see the results for all of A's attacks vs. B and B's attacks vs. A at any time, and you can click on any of the 8 moves' buttons at the top to see the detailed result for that move. You're the third or fourth person to ask this though so I guess it's not clear enough in the interface right now. I'll try to make it more intuitive. Good feedback.

Multi-hit moves are on the TODO list. Missing moves will be added soon.

I'm not sure why people keep asking for this...there is no "attacker" or "defender" on this calculator. You can already see the results for all of A's attacks vs. B and B's attacks vs. A at any time, and you can click on any of the 8 moves' buttons at the top to see the detailed result for that move. You're the third or fourth person to ask this though so I guess it's not clear enough in the interface right now. I'll try to make it more intuitive. Good feedback.

Multi-hit moves are on the TODO list. Missing moves will be added soon.
My apologies! I jumped the gun there. Yes, indeed, that feature is there. My mistake. In that case, maybe make that clearer? I feel stupid, really, for not noticing it now.

In any case, thanks again for the glorious calculator and continue what you're doing!

Stored Power retains 20 BP regardless of how many boosts are entered. Trying to set it manually doesn't let you go over 250 either (and the manual entry won't override the 20BP calculation anyway, unless you change to a different attack and modify that). There should probably be fields for the stage of accuracy/evasion boosts, since they affect Stored Power.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stored Power retains 20 BP regardless of how many boosts are entered. Trying to set it manually doesn't let you go over 250 either (and the manual entry won't override the 20BP calculation anyway, unless you change to a different attack and modify that). There should probably be fields for the stage of accuracy/evasion boosts, since they affect Stored Power.
Fixed Stored Power (and Punishment, which had the same problem). I also upped the manual BP limit to 999, so you can create an 860 BP custom attack if you really want to simulate a +6 in everything (including accuracy/evasion) Stored Power.

Ah, thanks for the quick fix! I also noticed Air Cutter was missing while doing calcs for Fail Cup shenanigans. Also, the Foresight/Odor Sleuth addition reminded me that Miracle Eye exists.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks so much for the work you put into these calculators. They're insanely useful.

I'm just wondering how you are planning on handling individual sets? Were you going to add sets to the Pokemon-selection drop-down menu (similar to the old calculator), or were you planning on adding a second drop-down menu to contain the sets for the Pokemon chosen from the first drop-down menu? I think the second option would be a good change of pace from the 5th Gen calculator since it will prevent clutter in the first drop-down menu and make it easier to search for individual Pokemon. However, I'm not sure how much more work that would be from a programming perspective, so it may not be worth the extra trouble.

Just a minor suggestion. Regardless, I love how the new calculator is set up, and I can't wait to see how it progresses in the future.

Honko

he of many honks
I'm currently planning to include them all in the same dropdown, just like the old one. The #1 goal of the calculator is to make it so you can get calcs done very quickly. Having only one dropdown for Pokemon + sets cuts in half the number of clicks you need to make to get a basic set vs. set calc done. Searching for individual Pokemon shouldn't be a problem since you can just click on the dropdown and then type in a Pokemon's name to go straight to it. It does end up making the dropdown cluttered, but I value speed/convenience much higher than aesthetics...Honkalculator wasn't popular for its looks ;)

I'll keep this in mind though and may revisit it soon. If lots of people find the clutter annoying, maybe it'll be worth coming up with a better solution. Thanks for the feedback.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would love it if the Switcheroo option would make a return. Saves so much time. :(

Also, is it possible to just type a Pokemon's name instead of having to scroll to find a certain pokemon?

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would love it if the Switcheroo option would make a return. Saves so much time. :(

Also, is it possible to just type a Pokemon's name instead of having to scroll to find a certain pokemon?
As has been said like three times before itt, the switcheroo function is no longer necessary, as you can immediately see all four moves for both Pokemon and the damage they do to each other. For example:

And for a detailed calc of another move, you simply click it:

As for typing in a name, if you click the highlight the dropdown box for the Pokemon's name by double clicking it, you can then type in the name of the Pokemon you want, and it will immediately take you to it.

For Honko: wondering if you're planning to include LC sets when you add in Pokemon sets? I wanna say that your 5th gen calc didn't have them, but it's down right now which means I obviously can't verify that. Kind of a pain to pick the mon, EVs (especially if I don't remember the exact number it takes to get to a certain stat), level, and move for both sides.

Honko

he of many honks
Yes, LC sets will be included. They were actually included in the 5th gen calc but somewhat hidden (you had to choose LC in a small dropdown on the far right), which ended up just being confusing. This time they'll be mixed in with everything else.

Pardon me for not thanking you earlier. I really appreciate that you got a 6th gen damage calc up so quickly.

I have one minor issue, though. When you select a Mega Pokemon, it would make sense if they automatically had their ability filled in, since they only have 1 ability.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is there a way to implement this offline? was a big fan of the masara calculator because I didn't have to use the web to do calcs.

Is there a way to implement this offline? was a big fan of the masara calculator because I didn't have to use the web to do calcs.
right click, save page as (complete files)

and then just open the .html in a web browser even if you're offline

Just wanted to thank you for the awesome new damage calc, Honko. Not having to switcheroo constantly is nice.

Could you set up an option that would make level 50 the default, though? I'm a VGC player, and it's annoying to have to change levels to level 50 every time I change a Pokemon.

Honko

he of many honks
I've added default sets for every Pokemon that had remotely noticeable usage on the Pokebank OU/Uber/LC ladders last month. These sets were taken directly from the usage stats (thanks Antar!), so a lot of them are probably not quite ideal, but they should be a decent starting point for now (much better than 0 EVs and no items/abilities/moves, at least). The long-term plan is to pull sets from Smogon analyses again, but I will most likely wait until official analyses for most OU and Uber Pokemon have gone up, which could take a couple of months.

I have one minor issue, though. When you select a Mega Pokemon, it would make sense if they automatically had their ability filled in, since they only have 1 ability.
Done.

Could you set up an option that would make level 50 the default, though? I'm a VGC player, and it's annoying to have to change levels to level 50 every time I change a Pokemon.
Good suggestion. I'll add it to my list.

Mold Breaker is bugged. Mold Breaker is only supposed to ignore abilities that affect the mold breaker mon's moves (levitate, flash fire, sturdy, etc.), but on the calc, it cancels out all opposing abilities regardless of their effect.

For example, calcing CB Azumarill's play rough vs. a haxorus yields this:

252+ Atk Choice Band Azumarill Play Rough vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 294-348 (97.3 - 115.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

when it should be this:

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 584-690 (193.3 - 228.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The calc negated Azumarill's huge power because Haxorus has mold breaker, which is not how mold breaker works. Removing mold breaker yields the proper calc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)