All Hail Trick Room! (2000+)

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
All Hail Trick Room!

Introduction
With the harsh blows to stall (nerf to steel, intro to OP megas, indirect nerf to hazards), offense is becoming a more and more common playstyle. And do you all know what completely shits on hyper offense? A more offensive hyper offense Trick Room! I wanted to base a team around mega-abomasnow, and I figured Trick Room would be the most efficient way to do that. Trick Room is, more or less, a gimmick playstyle, but don't let that deter you. It's an incredibly potent gimmick that will shit on your hyper offense quite literally turns the metagame on its head, where less speed is more. I originally created this team as a means to challenge and entertain myself, but this team has actually turned out to be one of my best creations. Oh, and if you're trying to rate this team, it would be beneficial to read the teambuilding process. If you're gonna read the whole RMT, grab some popcorn, because you'll be here a while. Without further ado, let's get into it!

TL;DR Offense is everywhere so Trick Room is sweet. Also rapes sticky web sideways.

As many may know, Trick Room teams are not easy to build. The general framework behind it is:
mixed sweeper/physical sweeper/special sweeper/defensive TR setter/defensive TR setter/late-game cleaner.
For my offensive pokemon, there were a couple of requirements laid out:
1) They had to have a STAB move with atleast 100 BP which would be easy to spam.
2) They had to have some decent bulk.
3) They had to have slower than 80 base speed, the lower the better.
4) They can't be complete dead weight if trick room isn't up.

For my defensive pokemon, I had a couple of guidelines to follow as well:
1) Obviously, they need to be able to set TR and have bulk
2) They have to be very very slow
3) They need some sort of recovery, outside of rest-talk and leftovers.
4) They need to have some sort of offensive presence.

And finally, my late-game sweeper had some expectations to live up to:
1) It has to is nice if it outspeeds scarf genesect after 1 boost.
2) It should not be OHKO'd by banded talonflame brave bird, atleast a majority of the time.
3) Must have very good coverage if it doesn't recieve att/sp. att boost
4) It is of paramount importance that it is not insanely difficult to set up.

So obviously, I needed to have mega abomasnow, as the whole team is based around him after all. He's a powerful mixed attacker and fit #1-3, and I wouldn't know until testing if it fulfills #4.

Slowbro and Porygon2 would form a defensive Trick Room core. Porygon2 is cool because unlike most TR setters, he's not weak to ghost and dark, a valuable asset to the team. Slowbro has Fire blast to catch those pesky scizors and ferrothorn, great lure. They both fit #1-4, so we're good.

Conkeldurr and Reuniclus form an amazing offensive core suited for TR, and Reuniclus could even set TR by himself. These guys covered their weaknesses pretty good. Conkeldurr fit #1-4 nicely, and while Reuniclus doesn't fit #1 he can set TR by himself, so I let that go. But I needed some late-game cleaner.

Scarf Moxiemence was famed as a late-game cleaner, so I decided to give him a go. But the results were rather undesirable. Maybe I just wasn't using him properly, but it didn't work out.

I tried a life orb greninja, as it was rather fast and hit fairly hard, but it too just wasn't enough. The power left much to be desired, and it still didn't outspeed scarfers. I needed something that could set up, immediate power wasn't enough.

Finally, I decided to try out a RP genesect, and damn, did I hit the spot. This guy outspeeds scarfers, packed a punch, and if you got the special attack boost from download, you were golden. He's great at cleaning up teams that have been smacked around by my offensive core.

He fulfills #1 nicely; in fact, he outspeeds every commonly used scarfer. (after RP of course) Save stuff like scarf jolteon/greninja, which are ridiculously obscure and neverseen anyway.

#2 is a little bit of an issue, but from full health he only dies 18% of the time. In my defense, talonflame is ridiculous and greatly limits a lot of sweepers from actually doing anything.

#3 Is overfulfilled, and I am very happy to see that. Not only may I sometimes recieve a boost, I have outstanding coverage nonetheless.

#4 Is a little tough, but its easier to set up, than say, lucario.
Unfortunately, there's a chance genesect could be banned, and I have no idea what I'd replace him with. He's soo damn good, and I don't have much other alternatives.

That said, while it looked great on paper, it was performing worse and worse than what I had imagined.
He was easily destroyed by talonflame, which was honestly a better revenge killer than most scarfers.
He had a hard time setting up; even though he had a great typing he was super frail.
He was pretty bad at "revenge killing" outside of TR
And it never really got the download boost I needed, always letting me down in terms of fire power.
Not to mention he was super tough to even bring in and if I ever needed him once, outside of sweeping, he was done for the game.
Even though he outsped scarfers, honestly, my other pokemon had no trouble with them, making that niche about him useless
I had simply underestimated how much of a problem talonflame actually was.

So I looked around for even more late-game cleaners that could possibly fit into this team.
Dragon dance dragonite and SD lucario failed to outspeed scarf genesect, regardless of beating talonflame with extremespeed.
Anything else was just too fast or raped by talonflame.

But, I looked long and hard, and I came across

Autotomize Aegislash!!!!
He had the unique duality of working both while trick room was up AND when it was down. He could just flat out attack when it was up while still outslowing faster threats and if it was down, he could set up autotomize and do damage. He also improves my defensive synergy a lot.

#1 Unfortunately, it doesn't outspeed scarf genesect, along with most other scarfers, but honestly, my team doesn't have too much trouble with scarfers. My team is just too damn bulky for them.

#2 But here's the main problem. My team isn't bulky enough to shrug off a banded talonflame. But aegislash cannot be revenged by banded talonflame. Yes, it's a sad thing to brag about, but banded talonflame just stops so many sweepers these days its ridiculous. You always have to get rid of him before you can attempt to sweep, but that's not the case with aegislash. After an autotomize, I simply outspeed, sponge brave bird if needed, and kill with shadow ball. This is HUGE.

#3 It doesn't have outstanding coverage, admittedly, but it hits harder than genesect without a boost. That consistency is more important to me than bad coverage. And honestly, shadow ball itself has great neutral coverage, so I don't see too much of an issue. Weakness Policy will give me a huge boost if it activates too, so we're all good in this department.

#4 This is another big one. It simply must be easy to set up, and with aegislash's superb bulk and typing, this is not tough to do at all. That's what sealed the deal for me.

Aaaaand you don't want to read this much more, but the team building process goes on. The thing is, I never even swept with this guy because it was so tough to activate weakness policy and stay at a good amount of health. Sure, he worked fine and stuff, but he wasn't really fixing my huge weakness to volcarona and char-y, so unfortunately, he had to go.

So I searched longer and harder, and then I came across a well-known friend of mine.

DD dragonite!!!

#1 Again, a little lenient on this one. He's better than aegislash though because he can revenge if genesect is down to 30% with espeed, so that's better than nothing.

#2 Ah yes, the greatest requirement to achieve. Not a lot of good set up sweepers that suited this team could tank a banded brave bird, but I then realized that the rare espeed lets me not need to do that at all. Lucario wasn't suited for TR, sorry but I'm not using arcanine, and zygarde took too long to set up, so dragonite seemed to be the only good user of it. I can clean up a talonflame at 70% or so with a +1 espeed, so we still need a little prior damage, but that's nothing we can't do.

#3 It recieves an attack boost and has decent neutral coverage, so we can be lenient with this too. It's not like a 134 fully invested adamant dragonite will be that weak either.

#4 It's not that hard to set up considering the resistances it brings to the team, especially with multiscale, but honestly, multiscale is a little irrelevant on this team. Hail and no way to remove SR aren't really doing multiscale any favors. Its good bulk still allows it to set up though, so this wasn't too much of an issue.

So yeah, this hideous teambuilding process finally ends. Although I might wanna make it longer to include any good suggestions I see, if I see them.

However, this time, it is not a problem of the late-game cleaner. This time, it was necessary to look at the core, and some helpful people have pointed out that slowbro is not doing too much for the team. Thus, we bring back an old friend with a new moveset:

A mixed aegislash!
This guy has more bulk than autotomize, and with KS, he can still threaten the tier's top physical threats. It leaves me a tiny bit weaker to grounds, but when you have a mega abomasnow, accounting for grounds is at the back of your head. He has much more of an offensive presence than slowbro, and while we lose out on a major TR setter, the benefits of aegislash simply outweighed the benefits of slowbro.

All right, that was a lengthy teambuilding process, but it was necessary. Trick Room teams are not easy to build, and require much more knowledge and testing than normal teams to work as effectively. But let's finally get in-depth!

A Closer Look

Bro :) (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Yawn

The Pros
The moves are fairly self-explanatory: Surf and Fire Blast give me the coverage I like, and Trick Room is there for obvious reasons. The reasons I chose slowbro, over say, bronzong, because it has better recovery and the ability to take talonflame. Talonflame is a huge threat in the meta and this guy is basically the only thing that can take a hit from it, so I need to keep him around.

I use Yawn over slack off for several reasons. First off, against set-up sweepers, which are a big problem for this team, Yawn is practically my only defense. Yawn allows me to set up TR much easier, and when a pokemon is asleep, it allows a much safer switch-in to the big guys. It also makes up for the lack of an offensive presence. Long story short: Yawn is not going anywhere.

I invest fully in defense because my only recovery is regenerator; if I were to forego yawn for slack off I would be running a quiet nature with max hp/sp. att, but yawn has countless benefits to which slack off cannot compare.

The forfeits I get from this guy when people think I'm funbro are hilarious.

The Cons
I am forced to switch out if I am getting low on health, and slowbro doesn't hit hard at all when uninvested. Fire/Water coverage isn't exactly the best, and he can't do much to aegislash or dragons before they set up/kill him. If I can't get a yawn off soon enough, the opponent can begin to hide behind a sub and start setting up, which is always something I have to keep in mind.

Tetsusaiga (Aegislash) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SAtk / 208 Atk / 48 Spd
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- King's Shield

The Pros
This guy has been a great replacement to slowbro, and with dragonite still here, my defensive synergy is a lot stronger. I run spooky plate because I like power (It is Trick Room after all) and the moveset is fairly standard, with iron head in place of sacred sword. Iron head is here for fairies, as they are a bigger problem to this team than the things I hit with sacred sword.

The EV spread may look a little weird, but it has a very specific purpose. It is designed so that it outspeeds mega mawile that run 124 evs in speed, a very very important threat that can steamroll this entire team. By me running 48 speed evs, I can outpace mega mawile, or more importantly, my shadow sneak outpaces mawile's sucker punch, which is huge. I can just KS everything else, I just need to watch out for sub or SD a little. This is heavily prediction based, but it's better than just having mega mawile plow through the team. This also helps me outspeed other aegislash, so that's cool n_n

The Cons
The main problem with him is a common one: he gets worn down really quickly. This is not helped by the fact that I have no hp investment or any leftovers (or recovery at all). He is still countered by mandibuzz, and if TR isn't up, it can just roost stall my mega abomasnow's blizzards, which is a little annoying. At times, KS is very predictable as well, so I need to watch out for that. Using him well just relies on a lot of good prediction, and sometimes that doesn't really work.
Synergy:
Dragonite
Conkeldurr
Porygon2
Dragonite, Abomasnow

Cyber Duck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

The Pros
My boy cyber duck does so much for this team. Even with just max hp, he has surprising bulk and is my main specially defensive thing. Trick Room is there for obvious reasons, and BoltBeam coverage is the best for this guy. I run recover because I can't just switch out and heal up, not to mention no leftovers. Running recover allows me to be more offensive, and thus I have gone all out in special attack and a quiet nature. This guy is quite a threatening bulky attacker with the right download boost, I've cleaned up the remaining 4 pokemon on a team with just this guy once. Scary stuff.

The main problem with Trick Room, other than how long it lasts, is who actually gets it. When you scroll through everybody who can learn TR, you see a trend: all of them are psychic or ghost, meaning they get destroyed by dark types. But my buddy porygon-2 over here isn't weak to ghost or dark, a unique trait heavily valued on this team, especially considering bronzong is now weak to ghost/dark as well.

This guy usually acts as my lead as well, easily taking a hit from other common leads like genesect and rotom-w. Dedicated leads can beat him with taunt, but those are rare nowadays, with the buff to defog and all. The amount of damage he takes from u-turn tells me a lot about genesect, which is always helpful. He can usually just get a TR up and start attacking or switch if necessary.

If you're smart, download can help scout for sets and tell you a lot of things. For example, if you get an attack boost on a rotom-w, you can deduce a lot. He is not defensive, otherwise you'd get the special attack boost, meaning he is specially defensive or choiced/AV. That already tells you he threatens aegislash from cleaning up, meaning he must be weakened a little. A little info goes a long way.

The Cons
Even though he has amazing mixed bulk and what not, there are nukes that can tear this guy apart, along with the rest of my team. An excellent example of this is charizard-y; a fire blast is a clean 2HKO and nothing else on my team can even stop it. He can set TR and stuff very well, but he's a little too reliant on recover, which wastes my precious TR turns. I don't usually get the download boost I need either, so his offensive presence stoops down to the level of slowbro, which is always a let down.
Synergy:
Reuniclus, Aegislash, Dragonite

Shaqeela (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off

The Pros
All right, now that we have all the pansy supporters out of the way, let's get on with the program to the bulky beasts of nature that single-handedly swat aside teams. What you are now looking at is the epitome of manliness such monstrosities: Status Orb Conkeldurr. Mach Punch provides priority, always welcome, and even though I have access to hammer arm, I always die within 3 turns when using it, so I decided to use drain punch instead and it has done much better. Knock off is just there for coverage. Facade give me the greatest neutral coverage since the elemental punches hit 150 on SE but facade hits 140, only slightly behind. Also allows me to hit volcarona hard.

This thing is flat out strong. I see some people on the RMT forums calling their AV conkeldurr "wallbreakers," and I always laugh a little too hard at that. They don't reliably get status'd, and conkeldurr is easily revenged by the ever prevalent talonflame and common scarfers. While you're still shit on by talonflame, scarfers and hope are out of the picture when this guy is in TR and your aegislash just took a knock off and is down to 10%

It's also the greatest feeling in the world when you knock off trevenant and flip it off a couple of times for good measure.

#conktoostronk

The Cons
Believe it or not, the epitome of manliness status orb conkeldurr has some drawbacks. First off, there's talonflame, yeah, but prankster sub users (screw swagkey, screw it to hell) can just keep on subbing until TR wears off or I die of status. If I can't use Drain punch a lot, I will die quickly and fall to priority. The main problem I'm seeing is that azumarill are just coming in easily on this guy, and I don't like it. This guy is also the main answer for dark type attackers, so he's easy to wear down and stuff :[
Synergy:
Reuniclus, Aegislash
Aegislash
Aegislash

Handjob (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

The Pros
This guy is practically custom-made to fit right into TR, so how could I not use him. He provides me with a back-up TR setter, and psyshock>psychic to get past special walls and act as a pseudo mixed attacker. Shadow ball and focus blast are there for coverage, and the evs are pretty self-explanatory.

Reuniclus is amazing, in a word. He sets TR himself and goes to town with his great neutral coverage, outstanding ability, and great power with life orb (but without the recoil). There isn't much else to say about this guy; he can take a hit, set TR, and switch or attack. Great team-player.

The Cons
He's too reliant on focus miss for coverage, and I've lost way too many games just because of this. God I hate focus miss. I also can't take a U-turn, limiting my switch-ins on genesect. But other than that, this guy is a beast, and he's not going anywhere either.
Synergy:
Conkeldurr
Porygon2
Dragonite, Conkeldurr, Aegislash

OG (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

The Pros
This guy is my late-game cleaner atm, but this slot has been changing quite a bit here and there and I've settled on him for now. The EV's are quite simple, adamant nature complements extremespeed better, and lum berry to set up on and kill rotom-w at 50% or below. DD is there for obvious reasons, outrage<dragon claw because fairies, extremespeed is priority that is valued on this team. Roost is cool because I need healing Fire punch's coverage is actually more useful than roost, I don't have much for mega scizor otherwise.

The main reason I chose this guy is because of my overwhelming weakness to volcarona and charizard-y. While this increases my weakness to mega-mawile, not much could really fix that anyway, and mega mawile is a beast. This is a pretty self-explanatory set, and it does its job well.

The Cons
Genesect has to be taken down to around 30% for extremespeed to kill, so that's annoying, and azumarill has to be at around 50% as well. Bluntly put, this guy won't be killing anything from stock, everything must be damaged a little for me to safely pull a sweep, and sometimes that's not easy. Overall this is the only real slot I'm willing to change. Not really helping my SR weakness either.
Synergy:
Aegislash
Conkeldurr, Aegislash
Aegislash
-->

Obamasnow (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

The Pros
This guy is what the entire team is based around, and being a mega, he has some expectations to live up to. Some people may think of him as the "worst" mega, but in TR, this guy begs to differ. He is so incredibly powerful; I remember in a battle I was predicting a genesect switch-in and I was thinking "should I earthquake? Eh, fuck it, I'll just Blizzard." And BAM, blizzard does a SOLID 50% on genesect. I don't care what y'all say, he is a beast and should not be ignored.

The ev spread maximizes special attack, since blizzard is the main move you're gonna be spamming here. Max attack is there to give wood hammer and earthquake maximum power.Earthquake can also take care of weakened aegislash sometimes. Ice shard is there for priority, does a solid 30% to talonflame. So, if I'm in TR, I can attempt to kill a talonflame since my ice shard goes before brave bird. I don't run energy ball because wood hammer gives me more mixed potential, and more of an offensive presence. I also need wood hammer to break through bulky fairies, like sylveon, because they stop dnite from doing his job well. Despite the annoying recoil, he pulls through. Wood hammer is also more useful for nailing tyranitar as opposed to rotom-w, because dragonite can even set up on rotom-w if need be. It's not as if rotom-w will enjoy taking a wood hammer either way.

I think what makes him even better is that Ice STAB is just so rare nowadays, it leaves teams unprepared and thus annihilated by them. I mean, the only notable users of Ice STAB in today's metagame is mamoswine and...greninja. This guy, with his STAB blizzard coming off of 399 special attack, shows every team that packing an ice resist is very necessary.

The Cons
Though he does have nice resistances to water, electric, ground, and grass, he suffers from 7 crippling weaknesses, meaning I can only bring him on walls and on resisted hits when TR is up. If you can't hit this guy for super effective damage, you shouldn't be an offensive pokemon. He is also very weak to hazards, suffering mainly from rocks. This team does not have anything to remove/set hazards either, so its a pain to bring him in once SR is up. He doesn't have any recovery, so he gets worn down super easy. For a mega, he has sub-par attacking stats as well, topping off at an underwhelming 132. On top of all this, he gets maimed by common priority like bullet punch, aqua jet, brave bird, and mach punch; even the lesser seen vacuum wave nails him and he dies to aerilate QA as well.
Synergy:
Dragonite
Aegislash
Dragonite, Conkeldurr, Aegislash
Aegislash
Dragonite, Aegislash, Reuniclus
Conkeldurr, Aegislash
Aegislash
Obamasnow (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Shaqeela (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Knock Off

Handjob (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Tetsusaiga (Aegislash) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SAtk / 208 Atk / 48 Spd
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- King's Shield​

Cyber Duck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

OG (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Threat list
Mega pinsir:
He looks like the type of thing to eat children He's a pain if he has x-scissor for slowbro. Other than that, slowbro can take an unboosted hit, and dnite can revenge with espeed after some prior damage. He threatens the team a lot though, with QA to nail obamasnow and conk.

Azumarill
He gets punished by my pokemon a lot but he can maim things with aqua jet and slowbro doesn't enjoy taking powerful play roughs

Mega-Mawile
This thing is basically the ultimate counter to my team. Slowbro Fire blast doesn't do that much, I can try to yawn but it has sub, it can sucker punch reuniclus, play rough conkeldurr, just flat out destroy p2, and ravage obamasnow with iron head. Dnite can fire punch, but that won't kill it alone, and lets not forget I'm facing 5 other pokemon. He's just so damn good ;_; I may consider making my next TR team around him as well, look forward to that.
With some good prediction, though it is difficult, he can even get past my aegislash.
Aegislash
He's not that much trouble, but he can KS conk and ghost/fight coverage maims the rest of my team, so he's not that fun to deal with. I can wall the mixed sets with p2 but I have to let someone else take a lot of damage to scout that, and SD+KS can just be forced out by yawn. Its just annoying to deal with. He's a lot less annoying with aegislash around, but he's still a thorn in my side.

Conkeldurr
Opposing ones can knock off anybody who wants to take a fighting move, so basically slowbro just lost his leftovers :( Its easy to wear down and corner eventually, but its just a pain to deal with because nothing in the entire tier (except for mega venusaur) likes switching in to a knock off or drain punch. Mach punch nails obamasnow too :(

Conclusion
While this team isn't the strongest, it is still one of my favorites because I at least attempt to stray outside of the meta and still get reasonably far. It's not the bog standard ferrothorn/rotom-w/talonflame/genesect/greninja/mega lucario that you see goddamn everywhere, this team goes outside of the pool of 20 pokemon that are just being recycled in OU, and I appreciate that about it. Also note that I got above 2000 before pokebank, so it was before all the inflation with the resetting of the ladders.
Shout outs to %Imanalt for losing to this team in the finals of an OU tourney, he even had a PuP mega kang.
This was a long winded RMT, I apologize for making you read through all this.
All right, rip this team apart guys.

Last edited:
Your Team looks really good and I did a few runs with it as well!

One thing I change was On Conkeldurr from the toxic orb to flame orb. Toxic orb damage adds up over time, to where it can it take 50% in one turn. Flame orb can do the same the only drawback is it cuts attack in half. Maybe trade out Thunderpunch with Power-up punch, to help with the attack drop.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, got your request.

This is definitely a unique team. Looking through your Pokemon, one thing that I'm noticing is a relative lack in power. The team is very concentrated around getting that crucial TR up, which is fantastic, but along the way you've sacrificed some power that TR teams desperately need to out-offense the weaknesses TR slots put in their synergy. Because of this, anything remotely specially bulk can pretty much wall your team to death, with only Conkeldurr and MultiScale-lacking Dragonite (Hail) to hit them on their weaker side, and neither of those two can handle Fairies.

I definitely feel that you dropping Aegislash was a bad idea. Not only does your team need its power, but its bulk and typing handle Fairies and Bug-types really easily, making it an extremely important asset. Its ability to attack powerfully both physically and specially is exactly what this team needs, especially now that you've got Dragonite putting down some more defensive synergy against things like Mega CharY or Volcarona. With Aegislash, your team's defensive synergy is literally perfected, so it's something that belongs here.

Another thing I noticed is the fact that Slowbro / Reuniclus is extremely repetitive and having the both of them does not provide as many benefits as it takes away. Because of the two, you are again weaker against special defensive Pokemon, weaker against Genesect and Bug-types, and worse off against powerful attackers. Slowpoke needs to go, simply because it doesn't provide enough new support for the team that your other Pokemon don't already handle.

To best improve this team, I would try Offensive Mixed Aegislash over Slowbro. Its ability to check Mega Fighting-types, its power and mixed coverage that hits special walls hard, and its synergy with the team is extremely necessary should this team want to improve its framework.

One final thing I want to recommend is Leftovers on Dragonite. You're running it with Hail, so obviously you'll need something to keep your Multiscale intact. Also, Lum is relatively useless since you have 2 of the tier's best status absorbers on your team and you're not running Outrage. Leftovers is the way to go.

I hope this helped!

Aegislash @ Leftovers
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Spooky Plate / +Atk nature can be used if you want more physical power.

Last edited:
Reactions: Srn

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi, got the request.

Extremely solid team you've got here based around Mega-Abomasnow, which is a really underrated Mega, in my opinion. The team support you have here is excellent, with your Trick Room setters providing very solid support, while your offensive TR users (Conkeldurr & Reuniclus) help take down threats that trouble Mega Abomasnow & help him pull off a mid to late-game sweep. I also like the solid Offensive synergy between Conkeldurr & Reuniclus, quite a common sight on TR teams. However, there are some problems that I see with this team that I see, so bear with me.

First & most importantly, like you said, your team has a huge weakness to Mega Heracross, as he can KO 4 members of your team, while the remaining two (Conkeldurr & Porygon2) can't take repeated hits. the Bulky Fairies (Clefable, Florges, & Sylveon). These fairies can take just about any hit from them, as they completely shut down your main attackers. (Porygon2 can't damage them much, Dragonite is pretty much walled, & Conkeldurr gets Moon-blasted to death. Another threat to your team that you mentioned is Mega Mawile, which also runs right over your team with relative ease, carrying a super-effective move for the majority of your team.

So, here are my suggestions that may help you out. First off, I would like to recommend running a Scarf Garchomp in place of your current Dragonite, as it's your most expandable member. Scarf Garchomp helps out a lot with most of your problems. He can deal heavy damage to Mega-Heracross with Fire Blast, hit the Fairies decently hard with Poison Jab, & take out Mega Mawile with an Earthquake, provided you get lucky with a Play Rough miss or something. One minor suggestion I'd make is to use Flame Orb over Leftovers on your Conkeldurr. Flame Orb helps Conkeldurr in Trick Room, since you won't be in for long, anyway.

Anyways, that's all for now, hope I helped!

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naïve Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab

Dragonite
-----------------------------------> Scarf Garchomp

Conkeldurr:
Leftovers -> Flame Orb

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion

One thing I change was On Conkeldurr from the toxic orb to flame orb. Toxic orb damage adds up over time, to where it can it take 50% in one turn. Flame orb can do the same the only drawback is it cuts attack in half. Maybe trade out Thunderpunch with Power-up punch, to help with the attack drop.
I was considering the change in status orbs, I think I'll make that change. I also never thought about Power-up Punch, but I don't know where it would fit and conkeldurr is hard pressed for moveslots anyway.
Thanks for the rate!

Hey, got your request.

This is definitely a unique team. Looking through your Pokemon, one thing that I'm noticing is a relative lack in power. The team is very concentrated around getting that crucial TR up, which is fantastic, but along the way you've sacrificed some power that TR teams desperately need to out-offense the weaknesses TR slots put in their synergy. Because of this, anything remotely specially bulk can pretty much wall your team to death, with only Conkeldurr and MultiScale-lacking Dragonite (Hail) to hit them on their weaker side, and neither of those two can handle Fairies.

I definitely feel that you dropping Aegislash was a bad idea. Not only does your team need its power, but its bulk and typing handle Fairies and Bug-types really easily, making it an extremely important asset. Its ability to attack powerfully both physically and specially is exactly what this team needs, especially now that you've got Dragonite putting down some more defensive synergy against things like Mega CharY or Volcarona. With Aegislash, your team's defensive synergy is literally perfected, so it's something that belongs here.

Another thing I noticed is the fact that Slowbro / Reuniclus is extremely repetitive and having the both of them does not provide as many benefits as it takes away. Because of the two, you are again weaker against special defensive Pokemon, weaker against Genesect and Bug-types, and worse off against powerful attackers. Slowpoke needs to go, simply because it doesn't provide enough new support for the team that your other Pokemon don't already handle.

To best improve this team, I would try Offensive Mixed Aegislash over Slowbro. Its ability to check Mega Fighting-types, its power and mixed coverage that hits special walls hard, and its synergy with the team is extremely necessary should this team want to improve its framework.

One final thing I want to recommend is Leftovers on Dragonite. You're running it with Hail, so obviously you'll need something to keep your Multiscale intact. Also, Lum is relatively useless since you have 2 of the tier's best status absorbers on your team and you're not running Outrage. Leftovers is the way to go.

I hope this helped!

Aegislash @ Leftovers
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Spooky Plate / +Atk nature can be used if you want more physical power.
Thank you so much for the thorough rate!
I really do feel that dropping aegislash made me lose out on a lot of offensive synergy, but I never considered replacing him with slowbro. It's true, slowbro is cool with yawn and all but he doesn't do that much for the team and while I would only have two TR setters, I'd be better off not relying on it too much anyway. I lose out on my solid counter to talonflame, but I will definitely give mixed aegislash a go in place of slowbro. He gives me more priority too, which is always welcome on a slow team like this.

Leftovers on dragonite seems to make a little more sense too, multiscale is a nice thing after all.
Thanks again for the rate!

Hi, got the request.

Extremely solid team you've got here based around Mega-Abomasnow, which is a really underrated Mega, in my opinion. The team support you have here is excellent, with your Trick Room setters providing very solid support, while your offensive TR users (Conkeldurr & Reuniclus) help take down threats that trouble Mega Abomasnow & help him pull off a mid to late-game sweep. I also like the solid Offensive synergy between Conkeldurr & Reuniclus, quite a common sight on TR teams. However, there are some problems that I see with this team that I see, so bear with me.

First & most importantly, like you said, your team has a huge weakness to Mega Heracross, as he can KO 4 members of your team, while the remaining two (Conkeldurr & Porygon2) can't take repeated hits. the Bulky Fairies (Clefable, Florges, & Sylveon). These fairies can take just about any hit from them, as they completely shut down your main attackers. (Porygon2 can't damage them much, Dragonite is pretty much walled, & Conkeldurr gets Moon-blasted to death. Another threat to your team that you mentioned is Mega Mawile, which also runs right over your team with relative ease, carrying a super-effective move for the majority of your team.

So, here are my suggestions that may help you out. First off, I would like to recommend running a Scarf Garchomp in place of your current Dragonite, as it's your most expandable member. Scarf Garchomp helps out a lot with most of your problems. He can deal heavy damage to Mega-Heracross with Fire Blast, hit the Fairies decently hard with Poison Jab, & take out Mega Mawile with an Earthquake, provided you get lucky with a Play Rough miss or something. One minor suggestion I'd make is to use Flame Orb over Leftovers on your Conkeldurr. Flame Orb helps Conkeldurr in Trick Room, since you won't be in for long, anyway.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naïve Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab

Dragonite

Conkeldurr:
Leftovers -> Flame Orb
I'm really not sure about scarf garchomp on this team, being locked into a move really limits its cleaning potential but it does fix a lot of weaknesses to the team. But I don't think scarf garchomp should be my answer to fairies. I was thinking switching over to flame orb since i'm not using cofagrigus anymore, so I will do that as well, but I'm not certain where you got the info that my conk was holding lefties lol.
Thanks for the rate though, I will give scarf chomp a go!

Another good pokemon for a TR team is Rhyperior. 140 Atk hits like a truck and with 115/130 Def and solid rock this thing can actually take some physical hits. The only horrible thing about him is his typing. EQ kills mawile while rock blast kill Pinsir and does nice damage to those fairies, so it may be worth considering.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, got the request! This looks like a nice team, and is quite the change in pace from the standard team structure. I really like this actually, Mega Abomasnow is such a cool mon! From what it looks like you have the standard structure for a Trick Room team, which is 2 or more Trick Room setters, excellent pivots, Conkelldurr, as well as 2 or more Trick Room Sweepers. Pretty cool man!

My first change however, is concerning Dragonite. Your team hates hazards of any kind, as its easy to pick off abomasnow with priority and whatnot, or force it out or something. Not to mention that Hail really disrupts the synergy of Multiscale. You arent even running leftovers+roost, which could make it semi understandable. It really isnt much of a sweeper either, as weakness policy NEEDS multiscale to be intact, otherwise any half wit Boltbeamer is koing it. In its place, I recommend trying out Belly Drum Azumarill. With whatever spread survives Charizard's Solarbeam. Azumarill absolutely loves Trick Room with its base 60? speed and can also act as a late game cleaner with +6 Aqua Jet. Your team loves the Hail damage, breaking sturdies and what not to support an azu sweep is gucci. Its typign alone makes you have excellent synergy, as it stops things like dark attacks, fighting attacks, etc that your team hates.

I also second Electrolyte's suggestion of Mixed Aegislash as it really meshes with your team well, especially so with Azumarill. You open up holes for other things to power through with excellent power and whatnot, and it also does excellently under Trick Room. Losing Slowbro is probably better for you, as between Azu and Aegis, you take on pretty much any fighting type attack. You also have two excellent setters in Reuniculus and Porygon2, who are both excellent pivots. Running Kings Shield also gives you a buffer against opposing Azumarill, who you said give you trouble.

Lastly, I would try out Trace on Porygon. Yeah, the Download boost can be nice at times, but you really appreciate the ability to take on Heatran that lack Toxic, or pretty much any other ability. You can trace regenerator for example, and get psuedo recovery, or you can trace intimidate and fuck over Landorus. Or you could trace Sheer Force and still fuck over Landorus. It can also help with scouting a little, for the rare mon that you font know what ability they would be and it could be game changing.

Hope I helped your team man, Good Luck!

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe/ 0 SpA
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Kings Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Love the look on this team. I have a Trick Room Team myself and I'm about to post my team right after I comment on this. With you pushing 2000+ I just have to ask if I can see one of your matches. Would you mind replaying sharing your videos. I believe Trick Room Teams are going to be taken more serious this Generation because of Mega Evolutions are becoming more prominent in competitive play. Would love for you to take a look at my team when you get the opportunity. I'll hit you up with the link and maybe you can tell me what you think Srn9130. Don't forget to send me a video if you would so that I can see one of your matches.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
OUPL Champion
Hey man, got the request! This looks like a nice team, and is quite the change in pace from the standard team structure. I really like this actually, Mega Abomasnow is such a cool mon! From what it looks like you have the standard structure for a Trick Room team, which is 2 or more Trick Room setters, excellent pivots, Conkelldurr, as well as 2 or more Trick Room Sweepers. Pretty cool man!

My first change however, is concerning Dragonite. Your team hates hazards of any kind, as its easy to pick off abomasnow with priority and whatnot, or force it out or something. Not to mention that Hail really disrupts the synergy of Multiscale. You arent even running leftovers+roost, which could make it semi understandable. It really isnt much of a sweeper either, as weakness policy NEEDS multiscale to be intact, otherwise any half wit Boltbeamer is koing it. In its place, I recommend trying out Belly Drum Azumarill. With whatever spread survives Charizard's Solarbeam. Azumarill absolutely loves Trick Room with its base 60? speed and can also act as a late game cleaner with +6 Aqua Jet. Your team loves the Hail damage, breaking sturdies and what not to support an azu sweep is gucci. Its typign alone makes you have excellent synergy, as it stops things like dark attacks, fighting attacks, etc that your team hates.

I also second Electrolyte's suggestion of Mixed Aegislash as it really meshes with your team well, especially so with Azumarill. You open up holes for other things to power through with excellent power and whatnot, and it also does excellently under Trick Room. Losing Slowbro is probably better for you, as between Azu and Aegis, you take on pretty much any fighting type attack. You also have two excellent setters in Reuniculus and Porygon2, who are both excellent pivots. Running Kings Shield also gives you a buffer against opposing Azumarill, who you said give you trouble.

Lastly, I would try out Trace on Porygon. Yeah, the Download boost can be nice at times, but you really appreciate the ability to take on Heatran that lack Toxic, or pretty much any other ability. You can trace regenerator for example, and get psuedo recovery, or you can trace intimidate and fuck over Landorus. Or you could trace Sheer Force and still fuck over Landorus. It can also help with scouting a little, for the rare mon that you font know what ability they would be and it could be game changing.

Hope I helped your team man, Good Luck!

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe/ 0 SpA
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Kings Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
Bellyjet azumarill is definitely worth trying, I will give that a go. Aegislash seems to be working much better and stuff, but the only problem I have with azumarill is that it can still be revenged by banded talonflame outside of TR. Removing slowbro makes me even weaker to talonflame, since dnite's espeed was one of the main answers to it in the first place. Outside of that tho, bellyjet azumarill definitely seems like a step-up from dd dnite, will give that a try. Also, for mixed aegislash, iron head>sacred sword for fairies, that's been working out better.
Trace seems sort of situational at times and a +1 p2 is nothing to mess with, but I will give trace a go and see how it does. It seems like a step-down in power, but who knows, maybe there's something really damn cool I can abuse it with that I don't know yet :P
Thanks for the thorough rate, its always appreciated!

Love the look on this team. I have a Trick Room Team myself and I'm about to post my team right after I comment on this. With you pushing 2000+ I just have to ask if I can see one of your matches. Would you mind replaying sharing your videos. I believe Trick Room Teams are going to be taken more serious this Generation because of Mega Evolutions are becoming more prominent in competitive play. Would love for you to take a look at my team when you get the opportunity. I'll hit you up with the link and maybe you can tell me what you think Srn9130. Don't forget to send me a video if you would so that I can see one of your matches.
I have a couple of replays that show the team, but I wasn't able to find a decent match with the updated one with aegislash and stuff. Unfortunately, I forgot to screenshot when I got above 2000 too (you would think I would save the finals of a tourney that I won, but no, stupid me) so I can't give too much proof :( There were a couple people I know who were there to witness my win tho. And yes, I'd love to look at your team and rate it, I will definitely keep an eye out for that.

Hi, got the request.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naïve Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab

Dragonite

Conkeldurr:
Leftovers -> Flame Orb

I have only one team that I play competitively with and that's my Trick Room Team. From a guy that runs Trick Room and play testing after weeks and months for the right formula. I can tell you that it's pretty hard to run a pokemon with a scarf on a Trick Room Team. Because you only have 4 Turns to really do something. Then on top of that you don't want to be stuck with a move that you can't deliver a blow to your opponent. Nice moveset though on the Garchomp btw Dr Ciel.

Oh dear, you frustrate me. Guts ignores the Burn attack drop.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
OUPL Champion
Yeah TCR unfortunately, Bellyjet azumarill is not working too well. I rely on his great typing too much and I accumulate too much damage early on to sucessfully pull off a belly drum and survive, even with sitrus, so I went back to using dnite :( No spread survives timid char-y solarbeam either, so yeah.
However, you did bring up a good point that leftovers+roost should probably be used with hail though, I will try that as I'm not using fire punch much.
Thanks for the suggestion though

Last edited:
Hey there, got the request. I don't have time for a full rate atm, but I have one major suggestion. Which is, change Dragonite to SG Genesect. Shift Gear physical Genesect easily overshadows both RP Genesect and Drag. First off, Genesect has now access to ExtremeSpeed, meaning it can fulfill the same priority role that Drag now fulfills. If you recieve an attack boost along with one Shift Gear, you'll be up to +2 / +2, meaning you can sweep unprepared teams very easily. Here's my set.

Genesect @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk, 152 HP, 104 Spd
Naive (Because SG and ESpeed are event moves)
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick
- ExtremeSpeed

Hope I helped!

Last edited:
Solid team overall, a few suggestions i would make is, first of all running scald over surf on slowbro. I've ran slowbro aswell on a volt turn team and the loss of bp is unnoticeable and the burn is really useful sometimes. Also I've also ran the exact same dnite set and I found I wasn't using roost much at all so I replaced it with fire punch for steel types (which because of there bulk generally survive til late game.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
OUPL Champion
Hey there, got the request. I don't have time for a full rate atm, but I have one major suggestion. Which is, change Dragonite to SG Genesect. Shift Gear physical Genesect easily overshadows both RP Genesect and Drag. First off, Genesect has now access to ExtremeSpeed, meaning it can fulfill the same priority role that Drag now fulfills. If you recieve an attack boost along with one Shift Gear, you'll be up to +2 / +2, meaning you can sweep unprepared teams very easily. Here's my set.

Genesect @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk, 152 HP, 104 Spd
Naive (Because SG and ESpeed are event moves)
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick
- ExtremeSpeed

Hope I helped!
I thought the event genesect had to be hasty? Or am I remembering things wrong? Either way, thanks for the suggestion, I will give him a go!

Cool team! I havent seen too many mega abomas but i have a few suggestions...
1. Personal opinion but why dont you use scald > surf on slowbro? The chance for burn helps your whole team with non guts attackers.
2. P2 is good.
3. Id youre having a problem with focuz miss you can try hp fire to blast genesect and bulky pokes like ferro. You have conk and aboma and they can handle ttar.
4. Dont switch out flame orb for toxic orb as somebody stated above. T orb is less damage initially but conk shouldnt be staying in too long.
5. Im pretty iffy on dnite for this team tbh. What if you had sd lucario instead? Itll blast the fairies away whike abke to pick off weakened volcarona and beats talonflamd w/espeed. Also it can play mindgames on who your mega is which is always good!

5. Im pretty iffy on dnite for this team tbh. What if you had sd lucario instead? It'll blast the fairies away while able to pick off weakened volcarona and beats talonflame w/espeed.
Lucario can only take out fairies with Bullet Punch, which is only viable with Mega.

Lucario can only take out fairies with Bullet Punch, which is only viable with Mega.
Bullet punch is viable on the non-mega too. Dragon/normal are walled by steel types in general. At leasy lucario has close combat, espeed and bullet punch. After a swords dance its can check talonflame w/ espeed, terrakion with buklet punch, 2hko skarmory after a sd boostwith close combat. Bullet punch hits mawile and klegki neutrally. The only poke lucario doesnt hit neutrally with close combat,espeed and bullet punch is jellicent. After a sd with two forms of priority it can sweep teams easy.

Edit: a +2 close combat ohko both mawile and klefki, intimidate factored in mawike (and mega too). Justified stops then from using sucker punch and foul play. That is something that dnite cannot do.

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
OUPL Champion
Bullet punch is viable on the non-mega too. Dragon/normal are walled by steel types in general. At leasy lucario has close combat, espeed and bullet punch. After a swords dance its can check talonflame w/ espeed, terrakion with buklet punch, 2hko skarmory after a sd boostwith close combat. Bullet punch hits mawile and klegki neutrally. The only poke lucario doesnt hit neutrally with close combat,espeed and bullet punch is jellicent. After a sd with two forms of priority it can sweep teams easy.

Edit: a +2 close combat ohko both mawile and klefki, intimidate factored in mawike (and mega too). Justified stops then from using sucker punch and foul play. That is something that dnite cannot do.
I've considered lucario as a member of my team before, but lets take a look at the requirements it may or may not fulfill as a late-game sweeper. These requirements are listed in the teambuilding process for reference.
#1 No, it does not outspeed scarf genesect, and has to be weakened a good chunk to be killed by espeed. Same case with dragonite tho, so we can accept that for now.
#2 He has espeed to check talonflame, but at +2 its a clean OHKO. That's better than dnite, admittedly
#3 But here's where it starts getting rocky. By what I can tell, you're suggesting a set of SD/CC/BP/Espeed, which is fine, but it has pretty bad coverage in general, which isn't that great.
#4 Here's the worst part. He's incredibly hard to actually set up. He has little to no bulk and with the loss of slowbro's yawn, I will have to restructure the team greatly to incorporate him in so that he can set up. Dnite has far better bulk and multiscale, which makes him the better choice overall.

Adding on to #3&#4, lucario is not doing any favors for my team in terms of switch-ins to volcarona and char-y. The problem here isn't about cleaning volc up w/priority, it's about taking a hit from it and killing/setting up TR, neither of which lucario can do unboosted. Dragonite can even take boosted hits from volcarona and fire blasts from char-y with relative ease and can usually set up on them. I'm probably gonna start using fire punch again too, the coverage is more valuable than roost.

While lucario's typing is cool and all too, he does certainly not wall dragon/normal types in general. He has espeed, and I seriously considered him for a while, but his sub-par bulk, difficulty to set up, and weakness to char-y just didn't make it the best choice. I'm glad to see that we think alike though, lucario seems like a really good fit.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
OUPL Champion
All right guys, this team has been updated to include aegislash! He's been working out a lot better than slowbro, and though it makes it harder for TR to get set up, he's still very beneficial to this team. The teambuilding process and threat list has been updated as well! The threat list will continue to get updated as I find more threats, but I can' think of any off the top of my head.

Hi. I'm not sure what to replace for it, but Heatran seems to be able to take out a good deal of your threat list. Stealth Rocks put Pinsir on a leash, and Lava Plume kills parts of the list.

Heatran @ Leftovers
252 hp/240def/16SDef
+Def, -Spe
[Possibly 0 Speed IVs]
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
-Roar/Toxic

Hope I helped.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
OUPL Champion
Hi. I'm not sure what to replace for it, but Heatran seems to be able to take out a good deal of your threat list. Stealth Rocks put Pinsir on a leash, and Lava Plume kills parts of the list.

Heatran @ Leftovers
252 hp/240def/16SDef
+Def, -Spe
[Possibly 0 Speed IVs]
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
-Roar/Toxic

Hope I helped.
I'm glad to see that you thought of heatran too! Unfortunately, TR is a very offensive form of play, and if you want something defensive, it better be able to set TR. Heatran, while I have ran an offensive heatran before, has been far too reliant on TR to do anything well. I am simply unable to fit him in: his lack of priority and reliance on TR, combined with the inability to set TR itself is unattractive to the team. But thanks for the suggestion, all are appreciated!

As I said, I'd rate this.

Anyways, I like to see Mega Abomasnow being used! Looking at this team, I see only 2 users of TR. I usually prefer running 2 but just incase run 3, so keep that in thought. Looking at this team, I see a huge weakness to Assault Vest Conkeldurr, Choice Specs Latios, and Swords Dance Aegislash. However, no fear. I honestly find Aegislash a sitting duck. It just sits there and SPAM ridiculously powerful move, but has no way to kill faster threats without taking a hit. So, I am going to suggest running a double sweeper core with Dragonite and Belly Drum Azumarill. Azumarill will be excellent on this Trick Room team, since it will be able to use its powerful Play Rough without taking a hit thanks to Trick Room. It also has access to priority like your Aegislash. In addition, it can easily switch into Conkeldurr and force it out. After a Belly Drum it can sweep through entire teams.
  • Azumarill can destroy Conkeldurr with Play Rough and also abuse Mawile's Sucker Punch as set-up bait
    • Water / Fairy typing brings you all the necessary resistances that Aegislash does along with Dragon-type immunity along with Water- and Dark- resistance and is pretty bulky too
    • It can also abuse Trick Room
    • Also has strong priority
      • Belly Drum + Aqua Jet is really good and makes another win condition
Consider running Substitute > Earthquake on Abomasnow, since Blizzards already hits ridiculously hard and has plenty of set-up oppurtunities against walls and bulk is good too. Also try out Giga Drain > Wood Hammer, since it's generally used as coverage and hits mad hard on super-effectives too without taking recoil.

Otherwise, cool team!

PHP:
Azumarill | Sitrus Berry | Huge Power
Brave | 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Belly Drum | Aqua Jet | Play Rough | Superpower

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
OUPL Champion
As I said, I'd rate this.

Anyways, I like to see Mega Abomasnow being used! Looking at this team, I see only 2 users of TR. I usually prefer running 2 but just incase run 3, so keep that in thought. Looking at this team, I see a huge weakness to Assault Vest Conkeldurr, Choice Specs Latios, and Swords Dance Aegislash. However, no fear. I honestly find Aegislash a sitting duck. It just sits there and SPAM ridiculously powerful move, but has no way to kill faster threats without taking a hit. So, I am going to suggest running a double sweeper core with Dragonite and Belly Drum Azumarill. Azumarill will be excellent on this Trick Room team, since it will be able to use its powerful Play Rough without taking a hit thanks to Trick Room. It also has access to priority like your Aegislash. In addition, it can easily switch into Conkeldurr and force it out. After a Belly Drum it can sweep through entire teams.
  • Azumarill can destroy Conkeldurr with Play Rough and also abuse Mawile's Sucker Punch as set-up bait
    • Water / Fairy typing brings you all the necessary resistances that Aegislash does along with Dragon-type immunity along with Water- and Dark- resistance and is pretty bulky too
    • It can also abuse Trick Room
    • Also has strong priority
      • Belly Drum + Aqua Jet is really good and makes another win condition
Consider running Substitute > Earthquake on Abomasnow, since Blizzards already hits ridiculously hard and has plenty of set-up oppurtunities against walls and bulk is good too. Also try out Giga Drain > Wood Hammer, since it's generally used as coverage and hits mad hard on super-effectives too without taking recoil.

Otherwise, cool team!

PHP:
Azumarill | Sitrus Berry | Huge Power
Brave | 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Belly Drum | Aqua Jet | Play Rough | Superpower
Hey there man, thanks for the rate! As I stated before, I've already used belly jet azumarill over dnite, but over aegislash? I still didn't consider even that, and I always like running two sweepers on a team as back up. I will definitely have to test it out, as aegislash is really nice, but it isn't doing THAT much.
As for the abomasnow, sub is a bad option. I'm gonna be coming in on a resisted hit and factoring in SR, I'll probably only get up one sub per game, if that. Earthquake is a really nice move as ice/grass coverage isn't superb and earthquake rounds off the coverage nicely, nailing those cheeky heatran switch-ins well. Giga Drain really limits my power and offensive presence, and while it does increase my longevity, its not by much, and wood hammer just gives me the pure smacking power I need to nail several pokemon.
Though this is the second time testing belly jet, its over slowbro and I still have dnite, so I'll have to get onto that. Thanks for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)