Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Think you could add an option to turn off default sets? I'm asking because since I always calc for VGC, the singles sets (and sometimes even the VGC specific sets, going by last gen) are of no value to me and are often in the way.

I don't know if this is the right board for my topic. If not, please move it into the correct board.

This damage calculator, linked on the main page of smogon, seems to be incorrect.

Currently I am resetting a Zygarde on my Pokémon X. I calculated the maximum and minimum damage that Moltres can do with his attacks and perfect (SpAtk-) IVs against my Pokémon. While the calculations for Moltres were correct, the calculator seems to be incorrect for Zygarde's damage.

The Zygarde (Lvl 70), Adamant, should have with perfect IVs 252 HP, 182 Atk, 196 Def, 126 SpAtk, 159 SpDef and 159 Speed.
My Pokémon, Fearow (Lvl 58), has 159 HP, 117 Atk, 90 Def, 87 SpAtk, 80 SpDef and 158 Speed.

Zygarde has three moves that can damage: Crunch, Earthquake and Dragon Pulse. After using his fourth move, Camouflage, his other moves will lose their STAB.

The calculator says:
Crunch: 84-99 damage
Dragon Pulse before Camouflage: 103-123 damage
Dragon Pulse after Camouflage: 69-82 damage

But I know: An adamant Zygarde's damage against my Fearow is not so high as the calculator says.

Is this my fault or is the calcutor incorrect?

Edit: I am a retard... My first Pokémon was Staraptor with Intimidate... xD

Last edited:

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Added 5th gen to the calc in time for SPL! All the B/W Smogon sets and old base stats, typings, and move BPs are there. Just click B/W up at the top.

Also updated the 6th gen usage-based sets to use December's usage stats.

Think you could add an option to turn off default sets? I'm asking because since I always calc for VGC, the singles sets (and sometimes even the VGC specific sets, going by last gen) are of no value to me and are often in the way.
Yeah, this sounds like a good idea. Adding it my todo list.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Selecting certain Pokemon in the calculator causes it to stop responding. Currently I have found this problem with the combination of Tyranitar on one side and Kyogre or Kyu-B on the other side.

EDIT: Weather damage is not implemented either - "252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (Custom): 368-434 (94.1 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO" should say "guaranteed OHKO after sandstorm damage." This was one of my favorite parts of the old calc and I'd love to see it back :<

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Selecting certain Pokemon in the calculator causes it to stop responding. Currently I have found this problem with the combination of Tyranitar on one side and Kyogre or Kyu-B on the other side.

EDIT: Weather damage is not implemented either - "252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (Custom): 368-434 (94.1 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO" should say "guaranteed OHKO after sandstorm damage." This was one of my favorite parts of the old calc and I'd love to see it back :<
Weather damage is implemented, but selecting a Pokemon with Sand Stream/Drizzle/etc doesn't automatically set the weather right now. I just haven't gotten around to that yet. If you set the weather to Sand manually, you'll see what you're looking for.

I'm looking into the other thing now.
Edit: Fixed. Thanks for letting me know and giving a specific matchup that was causing it.

Last edited:

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The calc as hosted on Pokemon Showdown doesn't refresh accordingly. Adding SR, changing an existing move to another, and changing EVs doesn't refresh it, from what I've tried.

Honko

he of many honks
The calc as hosted on Pokemon Showdown doesn't refresh accordingly. Adding SR, changing an existing move to another, and changing EVs doesn't refresh it, from what I've tried.
Fixed. (It takes a little while for the files to refresh on the PS server, so the fix might not start working for a while, but it's pushed.)

I'm going to be gone this week so hopefully everything is working now...

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
is there any chance you could implement control of the EVs in each stat via the ↑ ↓ buttons (+4 / -4 each time)? this would make it so much faster to design custom EV spreads ;O
(yeah I'm really really lazy)

First, your calculator is absolutely wonderful. I just have one question about a possible function.
Would it be possible to set it to auto level to 50 instead of always 100?

Honko

he of many honks
6th Gen Damage Calculator? More like Every Gen Damage Calculator. I've added Gens 1-4, each with their own sets and damage formula quirks.

is there any chance you could implement control of the EVs in each stat via the ↑ ↓ buttons (+4 / -4 each time)? this would make it so much faster to design custom EV spreads ;O
(yeah I'm really really lazy)
Yeah, I'll do this.
EDIT: Done. If you use a browser that supports number inputs (Chrome or Opera at the moment, and Firefox should be adding it soon), you can now adjust EVs more easily.

First, your calculator is absolutely wonderful. I just have one question about a possible function.
Would it be possible to set it to auto level to 50 instead of always 100?
Letting you choose the default level is already on the to-do list.

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Awesome job, Honko, my fren :]

Btw, is it possible for the damage calc to take into account current HP? It would be gravy if the damage calc calculate the KO % of -1 Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed to an 18% Garchomp, for instance.

Hello Hanko! Let me start out by saying that I absolutely love your battle calc! I co-own a pokemon roleplay site that uses it as our main calculator, and it makes things a lot easier. That being said, my members have pointed out some moves that seem to be simply missing from your calculator. I've looked through this forum and have seen a brief mention of multi-hit moves being added, but these are not multi-hit for most of them. We can't quite find and rhyme or reason to which ones are missing, so here they are:

Astonish
Constrict
Fairy Wind
Gust
Mega Punch
Poison Fang
Scratch
Vine Whip

Last edited:

Honko

he of many honks
Btw, is it possible for the damage calc to take into account current HP? It would be gravy if the damage calc calculate the KO % of -1 Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed to an 18% Garchomp, for instance.
Yep, I am planning to do this eventually, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Hello Hanko! Let me start out by saying that I absolutely love your battle calc! I co-own a pokemon roleplay site that uses it as our main calculator, and it makes things a lot easier. That being said, my members have pointed out some moves that seem to be simply missing from your calculator. I've looked through this forum and have seen a brief mention of multi-hit moves being added, but these are not multi-hit for most of them. We can't quite find and rhyme or reason to which ones are missing, so here they are:
There are lots of moves missing, and it's intentional. I only included moves that are competitively viable in some situation (with just a couple of exceptions), mainly to keep the move dropdown as uncluttered as possible. At some point I would like to have every move implemented and add an option to show all moves instead of just viable moves, but that's pretty low priority for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'completely viable'? Could you possibly explain it to me a bit more?
Moves that have actual utility and/or aren't totally outclassed by another move that most pokemon would otherwise use are 'completely viable'. Astonish doesn't provide much coverage on anything--against super effective threats, it hits with 60 BP. On a user of it, like Crobat, Brave Bird is an infinitely better option as it hits for 180 BP against neutral threats. Hope this helped.

Moves that have actual utility and/or aren't totally outclassed by another move that most pokemon would otherwise use are 'completely viable'. Astonish doesn't provide much coverage on anything--against super effective threats, it hits with 60 BP. On a user of it, like Crobat, Brave Bird is an infinitely better option as it hits for 180 BP against neutral threats. Hope this helped.
Ah, yes, that does explain it. Unfortunately, it doesn't help in my situation. We start out with low level pokemon and raise them up, and a lot of the missing moves are the starter moves that pokemon have. Oh, well. I'll relay this to everyone. We'll figure something else out. Thanks for clarifying!

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Honko, you are the best. Without your damage calculator, I would not be as good in OU (or any other metagame or that matter) as I am.

I'm not trying to bite the hand that feeds, let me come out and say that I absolutely love how the calculator has evolved over time, but one of the newest "features" irks me slightly.

The drop down java menu (where you select a Pokemon) is rather laggy (and no, it's not my computer). To me at least, the old version of the drop down menu was better. Other than that, I really like what you guys have done.

Last edited:

Vryheid

fudge jelly
I know this probably isn't a priority for you but I miss the CAP sets when you had them, they made damage calculations for the meta a hell of a lot easier. If you want, I can write up a list of usage sets for each of them, I'm familiar enough with the meta that I know how they're usually used in Gen 6.

Honko

he of many honks
I'm not trying to bite the hand that feeds, let me come out and say that I absolutely love how the calculator has evolved over time, but one of the newest "features" irks me slightly.

The drop down java menu (where you select a Pokemon) is rather laggy (and no, it's not my computer). To me at least, the old version of the drop down menu was better. Other than that, I really like what you guys have done.
Yeah, there is definitely a bit of lag when opening the new dropdowns right now (about half a second on my machine, but I imagine it's longer for some people). I have a couple of ideas that should cut that lag way down that I just haven't had time to try yet. If those work and the lag mostly goes away, I think the new dropdowns are a clear improvement in terms of making it easy to find a specific set and keeping the dropdowns from being too cluttered (which makes me more willing to add things like blank sets and non-viable moves). If it turns out that I can't cut the lag down as much as I hope, then I might consider switching back to the old dropdowns.

I know this probably isn't a priority for you but I miss the CAP sets when you had them, they made damage calculations for the meta a hell of a lot easier. If you want, I can write up a list of usage sets for each of them, I'm familiar enough with the meta that I know how they're usually used in Gen 6.
I hadn't even realized I removed them, but now that they're gone I'll need to think about the best way to add them back. I'd rather not have them mixed in with the official Pokemon by default, just because it could be confusing for new users to see them show up, especially once I add the mass calculators. They will be back eventually though.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not that huge of a deal but could like a tab or something for Pursuit be added so that the power doubles when the opponent switches?

Also Eviolite works on fully evolved Pokémon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)