Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

I've been watching this thread since the start of the year. Would like to pledge 300 eggs (10 batches of 30).

JPN 6IV Ditto x ENG female 5IV Dratini

Batch 1 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 2 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 3 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 4 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 5 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 6 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 7 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 8 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 9 of 30 eggs: no shiny
Batch 10 of 30 eggs: no shiny

Last edited:
Hello I think what your doing is awesome, Just got a shiny charm few days ago and I will contribute also, I am breeding Honedges right now I will report all my data to you.
I pledge 1000 eggs for now

I hate to be ants at a picnic here, but it clearly states wild pokemon. Usually descriptions such as these need to be taken literally, Masuda odds have already been cut in half, I don't see them lowering it any further than they already have.

They usually only change descriptions like this if it's necessary to do so.
But if that is true you would think that Never-melt ice would resist fire damage too some percent which too all my research it does not even though it says clearly on the item "repels heat effects" I still think a good scientific analyzes needs to be done, unless Nitendo just come out and say it that it doesn't stack

But if that is true you would think that Never-melt ice would resist fire damage too some percent which too all my research it does not even though it says clearly on the item "repels heat effects" I still think a good scientific analyzes needs to be done, unless Nitendo just come out and say it that it doesn't stack
It probably just means like being affected by "burned" every round.

To give everyone an update on what I have done. I have hatched 2115 eggs with just the MM and had 4 shiny. With the shiny charm added to the mix I have hatched 966 with 5 being shiny. Now I don't want to come to conclusions but with my experience it seems the shiny charm does increase the chance of an egg being shiny, but with saying that it just might be luck. What do you guys think I would love to know.
Can I ask why then your total on the spreadsheet lists 3000 eggs hatched?

We don't care how many eggs you've hatched WITHOUT the Shiny Charm. You're skewing our data by combining those two figures. That fact has been stated numerous times throughout the thread - heck, the first two words in the thread title are 'Shiny Charm'.

Assuming everyone else who has provided results is doing so with MM + Shiny Charm (which I am now questioning..) then the results speak for themselves. 90% sure Shiny Charm stacks with MM - to what exact number is going to be unknown for quite some time though.

Last edited:
Do people that have success MM'ing change the seed? Do you do it for a bit then turn the game off and turn it back on later or do you leave it on and only do hatching and nothing else? Im wondering if its better to do like 100 eggs in a row then change the seed by resetting or something

Gonna start this pain in th-- I mean, the shiny hatching hunt!
Will post my results :D

6IV Japanese Ditto ~ 5IV Protean Greninja

1 - 100: no shinies.
101 - 200: no shinies.

6IV Japanese Ditto ~ 5IV Aegislash

201 - 300: 1 Shiny (Flawless IVs) at Egg 210.
301 - 400: no shinies.
401 - 500: no shinies.

6IV Japanese Ditto ~ 5IV Protean Greninja

501 - 600: 1 Shiny (Protean - 5IVs, missing Speed) at Egg 584.
601 - 700: no shinies.
701 - 800: no shinies.

Last edited:
Can I ask why then your total on the spreadsheet lists 3000 eggs hatched?

We don't care how many eggs you've hatched WITHOUT the Shiny Charm. You're skewing our data by combining those two figures. That fact has been stated numerous times throughout the thread - heck, the first two words in the thread title are 'Shiny Charm'.

Assuming everyone else who has provided results is doing so with MM + Shiny Charm (which I am now questioning..) then the results speak for themselves. 90% sure Shiny Charm stacks with MM - to what exact number is going to be unknown for quite some time though.
I was giving an update on my last 1000 eggs compared to my first 2000 I have hatched over 5000 eggs in total. My totals are to now clarify is 2115 MM with 4 shiny. To 3000 shiny charm + MM with 9 shiny. I did not keep up with the first 2000 eggs so I did not have total stats that's why I compared my MM to my lat 1000 eggs. Before making assumptions maybe ask questions. I will delete the post to clarify sorry for the confusing. I'll just put the last 1000 eggs I have done since you think I can't READ.

Last edited:
okay i had some technical difficulties with getting here to post but i fixed it as i am amazing like that. lol

so i did two blocks of 100, 301-400 rendered no shiny pokemon. 401 and 474 were both shiny torchic. so to update my total, 3 shiny pokecreatures in 500 eggs. i have updated the spreadsheet. i think it worked anyway.

<using masuda method with shiny charm>

Last edited:
I accidentally reverted the false 3000 back earlier; it's fixed now. (That also makes me have the most eggs :D)

I have hatched three shiny vulpixes so far, all of which were flash fire. Fuck.
Don't worry, I hatched a perfect shiny sableye today... Missing prankster.

Also, if you do get one with drought, can you pm me? I can offer a flawless 6IV (one being 30) shiny honedge for it if you're interested

Oh, as an update to my shiny pattern: It held true again. About 1000 eggs for honedge, then about 40-50 for a shiny sableye. Just luck? I don't know, but my money is on about 600 eggs for my next sableye, then ~ 100 for the next one.

Last edited:
Updated post #92. I'm on a shiny dry spell. Someone uplift my curse for me :/ On the bright side, I ran across a shiny Modern pattern Vivillon the other day while looking for one to trade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)