Pokémon Klefki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a replay of a team that had at least 3 swagplay mons on it (Klefki, Liepard and its pre-evo)

Yes, it was about as dumb as you're thinking.

Eh, it could've been worse. Like, I've seen a Tornadus with Air Slash on top of Swagplay. It was as rage-inducing as you'd think.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://pastebin.com/dY7T4KLB

You're welcome. Lucario is to beat the shit out of the fairies/blobs that wall prankster shenanigans while ditto is there to beat the shit out of anything that might be able to abuse that attack boosts. Overall I think prankster + swagger is a very competitive and viable strategy. I'm surprised it isn't used more considering how effective it is.

The bigger question is, what effect does it have on Wonder Room and Trick Room? Was it just a change to Magic Room or can those work at an accelerated pace as well?
Question about Prankster: Does it give all status moves +1 priority, regardless of their normal priority, or does it just add 1 to the normal priority? To clarify, would Roar go from -6 to -5 and Follow Me go from +2 to +3, or would Roar go to +1 and everything with positive priority retain its normal priority? If it gives everything positive priority, the implications on a double battle team are huge, with something like Reuniclus of Ferrothorn being able to switch into a Trick Room like that. Maybe I'm thinking too shallowly, but it's just a possibility I see.

Klefki does look like it's going to be an interesting lead, because of its great status movepool and prankster, not to mention its typing. One question though: why Draining Kiss? Klefki can learn Dazzling Gleam, which has a higher base power and 100 accuracy, plus it hits all foes in a double battle. I know Draining Kiss is a never-miss move(I think...), but Dazzling Gleam's accuracy is 100, and since Klefki is a staus lead anyways, it's not like the attacking move is the crux of the set. Anyone can feel free to prove me wrong though. I welcome the chance to learn more about this. Now my interested is piqued enough that I might want to have a Klefki as a lead on my team. Hmmmmmmm...

Question about Prankster: Does it give all status moves +1 priority, regardless of their normal priority, or does it just add 1 to the normal priority? To clarify, would Roar go from -6 to -5 and Follow Me go from +2 to +3, or would Roar go to +1 and everything with positive priority retain its normal priority? If it gives everything positive priority, the implications on a double battle team are huge, with something like Reuniclus of Ferrothorn being able to switch into a Trick Room like that. Maybe I'm thinking too shallowly, but it's just a possibility I see.

Klefki does look like it's going to be an interesting lead, because of its great status movepool and prankster, not to mention its typing. One question though: why Draining Kiss? Klefki can learn Dazzling Gleam, which has a higher base power and 100 accuracy, plus it hits all foes in a double battle. I know Draining Kiss is a never-miss move(I think...), but Dazzling Gleam's accuracy is 100, and since Klefki is a staus lead anyways, it's not like the attacking move is the crux of the set. Anyone can feel free to prove me wrong though. I welcome the chance to learn more about this. Now my interested is piqued enough that I might want to have a Klefki as a lead on my team. Hmmmmmmm...
Draining Kiss is not a never miss move, it's a draining-HP move(like the name suggest), like Giga Drain. It recovers 75% of damage dealt.

Draining Kiss is not a never miss move, it's a draining-HP move(like the name suggest), like Giga Drain. It recovers 75% of damage dealt.
Oh yeah, disarming voice is the one that never misses. My mistake. But I still don't see why it would be preferable over Dazzling Gleam. I'm envisioning Klefki as more of a suicide lead, that goes in, sets up Light Clay Dual Screens, gets off 3 layers of spikes, and its last move is foul play just so it's not taunt bait. I am not seeing it as a real thorn-in-your-side like some other prankster users. Draining Kiss is more equitable to Mega Drain than Giga Drain anyway, and if Klefki really is in a position where it's your primary attacker and must be kept alive, the team is flawed anyways IMO.

Draining Kiss is in fact used on the (mehish) calm mind set. Support sets like Dual Screens(I won't even mention the completely uncompetitive Swagger set) like more Foul Play as it does more consistent damage and a Klefki built for screens isn't supposed to last that long anyway.

Draining Kiss is in fact used on the (mehish) calm mind set. Support sets like Dual Screens(I won't even mention the completely uncompetitive Swagger set) like more Foul Play as it does more consistent damage and a Klefki built for screens isn't supposed to last that long anyway.
Ok thanks for clarifying.

I use a bit of an unorthodox set for Kleptokey but it's absolutely hilarious to use once you set up. This set was made by Verlisify which some people don't like him for whatever reason but the set is worth a look. I really enjoy using it.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
-Iron Defense
-Calm Mind
-Draining Kiss
-Substitute/T.Wave

Any player with a Gliscor who is atleast somewhat competent will shit on Swagster, and he's common as hell.
There's plenty of other teams that deal with prankster/swagger.
Granted you can still lose if you get really unlucky but that goes for any team.

I was thinking this could be a possible set
Set Name:Anti Taunt Spiker
Moves

Spikes
Play Rough
Recycle
Thunder Wave
EV: 252 Def. 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def. Nature: Bold
Item:
Mental Herb
This set deals with Sableye who can completely ruin your day with Taunt. Also Gardevoirs who Trace Prankster, Taunt and then Set up are also annoying. You paralyze them, then get your herb back with Recycle, and then Spike away. Running Play Rough, because even though Klefki's un-invested Attack is horrible, it still does some nasty damage to those pesky Dragon and Dark types that are really powerful, like Weavile, Dragonite, Salamence and others. Hydreigon especially is in danger, since Klefki is immune to one and resists both of its STAB's, and can actually OHKO non-defensively invested Hydreigons with Play Rough. The only bad side is Garchomp can't be paralyzed, and he can strike with a STAB Earthquake and do lots of damage. This is the first set I've ever come up with, so feel free to give feedback on it, and I'm still relatively new to the competitive scene.

Toxic Kiss

Klefki @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Switcharoo
- Spikes
- Protect - (Maybe)
- Drain Kiss

honestly, its not worth it.. its better to have a rapid spin excadrill because he does a better job just with stealth rock. if your focusing on preventing an opponents spikes with imprisn and he uses stealth rock your whole plan falls apart. plus, in my opion, more people tend to use stealth rock instead of spikes. excadrill will just rapid spin the entry taps away instead of pushing your luck for your oponent to use spikes

Hey guys I'm a new player in competitive play. Been lurking here a while and decided to post cause this key chain is giving me a lot of trouble. Was wondering what is the best way to deal with this thing is? I literally have to come to the point where I forfeit against klefkis cause that swagger set is so annoying. I mean, sorry if I sound like a n00b, but do I seriously just have to rely on luck?!!!!

Regards,

Eango

Hey guys I'm a new player in competitive play. Been lurking here a while and decided to post cause this key chain is giving me a lot of trouble. Was wondering what is the best way to deal with this thing is? I literally have to come to the point where I forfeit against klefkis cause that swagger set is so annoying. I mean, sorry if I sound like a n00b, but do I seriously just have to rely on luck?!!!!

Regards,

Eango
If you're really desperate you can run something like own tempo avalugg with earthquake but IDK what else.

^ Don't use that otherwise worthless pokemon (not trying to be mean). Use excadrill, landorus i or t, rotom-w or for the ultimate stop taunt thundurus-i. Seriously klefki is not that good.

It's add 1 to priority, so Roar is still at -5

I use a bit of an unorthodox set for Kleptokey but it's absolutely hilarious to use once you set up. This set was made by Verlisify which some people don't like him for whatever reason but the set is worth a look. I really enjoy using it.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
-Iron Defense
-Calm Mind
-Draining Kiss
-Substitute/T.Wave
Hm, seems like a very interesting set. It's like a LC Cotton Guard/Calm Mind Swirlex except in OU. Can you explain the EV spread? I'm curious on that. Also, wouldn't something like HP Ground in the last slot be more appropriate? It prevents things like steel types from completely walling it, while providing perfect coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)