Pokemon you didn't give enough credit

I underestimated Typhlosion. Choice Scarf Typhlosion is great. No one ever expects him to be too huge of a threat, but full HP Eruption hurts really bad.

I must say Togekiss. At first, it looked like a retarded plane... A complete disgrace to Togetic. I never really thought of it as anything worthwhile, let alone be able to harm me when it would one would think Stealth Rock and ice attacks would be it's downfall.

Boy was I wrong. I gave up trying to find a good enough Jirachi, and the only other easy to get Wisher, that had relatively good stats and could support my team by other means was, Togekiss. I never regretted using her. Passing around paralysis with Body Slam, and the ever so annoying Flinch Hax have been so helpful in steering the course of battle for me, and crippling anything that isn't a Ghost.

And, oddly my Dragonite takes more damage from SR then Togekiss, and my Togekiss was pretty good Defense, excellent Special Defense... And is 3HKO commonly by Ice Beam. =]

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Wish Hax, regardless of defenses etc. a Pokemon with a 2x Rock weakness will take 25% health everytime they switch into Stealth Rock. If Dragonite is taking more damage, it's because he has more HP. =)

But yeah, I hate Togekiss so bad. I guess it's because I'm just generally unlucky - I always seem to get paralysed and flinch, time and time again. It can take a beating too. =(

Ambipom is on my list now. I thought it was just some failed attempt at making Aipom good. I never thought Fake Out+U-Turn would work so well.

I gotta say Spiritomb. The 'no weakness' thing didn't really get to me at first, since Sableye had already been invented and it's not really usable.

But bringing out the Spiritomb against ubers is pretty much the best thing ever. Especially the PP-stalling version. I took out Mewtwo / Deoxys (def) / Lugia on Wi-Fi today with Spiritomb (Spite / Pursuit / Rest / Sleep Talk).

Lugia used Aeroblast!
Spiritomb used Spite! Aeroblast is out of PP!
Lugia used Hydro Pump!
Spiritomb used Spite! Hydro Pump is out of PP!

etc.

Now, granted, a really competitive person would have had max PP but still. Spiritomb for life.

Sableye has awful stats though, and Spiritomb can survive a Modest Salamence (Specs obviously) Draco Meteor and Pain Split it, and survive the next Draco Meteor because of the SpAtk drop.

I don't like the PP stalling one, but I guess that's just me.

Pretty much any pokemon I've been told not to use. I recently 5-0d a team with Yanmega. I admit I had some extreme luck. Hypnosis hit twice in a row and I got three, yes three, critical hits in a row. Still, even if that had not happened his ability to always outspeed anything and letting the status take affect is awesome.

Shedinja is another one. Has anyone else fought Neus's (I think it was him) shedinja?

I didn't think my CSGarchomp would be any good for my team. I thought it'd get walled and ko'd pretty easily and it seemed to lack the firepower to deal good damage. I noticed right away though, as soon as I took my opponent's steel type out, Garchomp runs through most things easily. I've learned to use it so well, I average 3 kills with it each battle lol. It really cleans up most matches for me with ease, and it's become a favorite of mine.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Sableye has awful stats though, and Spiritomb can survive a Modest Salamence (Specs obviously) Draco Meteor and Pain Split it, and survive the next Draco Meteor because of the SpAtk drop.
Spiritomb can't survive two Draco Meteors even if the Special Attack drop is taken into perspective (76-89% damage on first hit), and it won't be able to Pain Split because it's much slower than Mence.

I didn't really like any DP Pokemon (cept Garchomp and Weavile and maybe Electivire) when I first saw them. Most of the pokemon that were from the previous generations and got an evolve form I underestimated, especially togekiss.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Spiritomb can't survive two Draco Meteors even if the Special Attack drop is taken into perspective (76-89% damage on first hit), and it won't be able to Pain Split because it's much slower than Mence.
Spiritomb can Spite the first Draco Meteor, Protect against the second, and then they're out of PP.

I've gotta say Floatzel (I've been using the Bulk up passer). It can survive a physical attack or two (depending on how many bulk ups you get in), then pass it. I've been using it with Electrivire (Floatzel draws T-bolts quite a bit), and it works wonders.

Donphan and Ice Shard.

When I saw people using Donphan, I thought they had to be crazy. With so many great new Pokemon, why the heck would you think about using Donphan? Mono-Ground typing, it got no evolution this gen, etc.

I never realized Donphan had great HP, 120 Atk and Def, and other great stuff. So I accepted the fact that Donphan was a good Tire-Treaded miniature elephant that was a good addition to people's teams. Rapid Spin + Knock Off is great.

After that, people also started utlizing Ice Shard of all attacks... Why? Why do you want a quick attack that's Ice? Surely enough, striking first isn't a necessity to Donphan and it has Avalanche to KO some things if need be. But wow... Ice Shard can be a real saver. It can stop some Dragon Dance rampages and it can deal some good damage considering Donphan has a high Atk stat. Ground and Ice do have some good type coverage too.

If anything, Breloom really rapes teams with Sub + Leech Seed + Toxic Orb + Poison Cure + Focus Punch. And Spore is just pure gay. And I've just mentioned a full set that WILL 6-0 if it switches into something slower.

I never noticed it became such a threat in DP with the new Poison Cure and Toxic Orb combo. This is surely a wonderful boon that makes him uber-ish. Seriously, anyone tried him in ubers?

If anything, Breloom really rapes teams with Sub + Leech Seed + Toxic Orb + Poison Cure + Focus Punch. And Spore is just pure gay. And I've just mentioned a full set that WILL 6-0 if it switches into something slower.

I never noticed it became such a threat in DP with the new Poison Cure and Toxic Orb combo. This is surely a wonderful boon that makes him uber-ish. Seriously, anyone tried him in ubers?
262 speed,garbage defense. Calm down,Breloom is nice but not that nice.

If you can find a way to fit one your team,Mamoswine is pretty good

Kingdra in the rain is a pure BEAST.
im telling you, i mistakingly took it as a minor threat, but it rapes.

with life orbed hyrdo pumps, and draco meteoring before it dies.
its speed is unbeatable except by some choicescarfers.
along with EXCELLENT typing.
it is a staple in all rain teams.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Pretty much any pokemon I've been told not to use. I recently 5-0d a team with Yanmega. I admit I had some extreme luck. Hypnosis hit twice in a row and I got three, yes three, critical hits in a row. Still, even if that had not happened his ability to always outspeed anything and letting the status take affect is awesome.

Shedinja is another one. Has anyone else fought Neus's (I think it was him) shedinja?
Im bolding this, because that happened against me. That thing is now officially on my list of things i underestimated after my battle with Gmax. Also, CSChomp and Infernape because they have both saved my ass countless times even though I originally wrote them off (CSChomp for supposed lack of power and Infernape for its glass cannon tendencies).

Well, I already had respect for my Mamoswine before, but when it survived a super-effective Earthquake from a Tyranitar with two Dragon Dances, I must now worship it!

Well, I already had respect for my Mamoswine before, but when it survived a super-effective Earthquake from a Tyranitar with two Dragon Dances, I must now worship it!
Earthquake isn't super effective against Mamoswine. There is no surprise that it survived. The opponent should have used Crunch or Stone Edge.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for bumping, but I just started in competitive DP and I'm using more sub-par pokemon to make my prediction skills better on my team...or at least I thought they were crappy.

CSpecs Shaymin, as stated before is insanely strong if you use Seed Flare, and also very sturdy if you stick Rest on it, since Natural Cure eliminates the sleep when you switch. I'm not gonna lie, I just wanted to use this thing for kicks before, but it's now IMO the chia pet from hell!

TrickScarfing Rotom is also a pokemon I gave like zero credit in the beginning. But, first off, its Thunderbolt and Shadow Balls are very potent. They 2HKO a lot of threats. Thunder Wave is good as well for a very fast status with the Scarf. When you find the right opprtunity, trick off the Choice Scarf on to something like Blissey who tries to come in and ruin your fun, as long as its not something like Heracross. Then they are crippled for the rest of the game. Adding insult to injury, it can then Thunder Wave the loser that just got the Scarf so they can't benefit.

Stealth Rocking Shuckle is pretty much always guaranteed to set up the rocks and then Knock Off its opponent's items after...I always thought this koopa was just set-up bait.

Super Fang Bibarel is surprisingly good for some reason...especially if you have Unaware. If you can Encore a stat-up, it can come in and Super Fang the switch to slice off 50%...it can also Yawn to force another switch and then Super Fang again, it does need lots of defenses though, preferably more HP. But from my experience, it's very weird as it's hard to do even 50% to it. :S

Haha, that's 4/6 pokes on my team that I underestimated. They can all be used well with prediction. Then again, that goes for any pokemon.

For pokes that I've faced...I can very much say that I underestimated Breloom...that walking, punching, subbing drug is very very ANNOYING!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)