Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

I updated my post on pg 46. I completed my first pledged set of 1000 eggs. Results came with 2 shinies #119 5 IV Hawlucha and #925 4 IV gale wings fletchling.

I pledge another 500 this time I will be using a different pokemon at every 100 eggs hatched. I'll do batches of 100 throughout the week. Hoping to have 500 hatched by the weekend

Hey, I'm new here! I was just looking for some info on the internet about shiny charm and MM when I found this thread :p I am willing to help you! Currently breeding a JAP Froakie with an italian one, 330 eggs, no shinies. Planning to hatch 1000 eggs. D:
Update: Hatched it at egg #342! 345 eggs hatched total, now switching to a JAP fletchling and a spanish ditto!
Update#2: Shiny fletchling at egg #361, 600 hatched total!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm new here, but I just wanted to share this. I was already known with you guys attempting to do the Masuda Method in combination with the Shiny Charm. I too, like to breed for shiny Pokemon using the Masuda Method. I already did three projects before obtaining the shiny charm, and here are my findings:

Without the shiny charm:
My first project was getting a Shiny Fennekin, hatched at 458 Eggs.
Then, I hatched a Shiny Fletchling at 64 Eggs.
And my last recent project was hatching a Shiny Honedge at 720 Eggs.

Now, I FINALLY got the shiny charm and planned to do a new project as soon as I obtained this neat item. I just decided to try it out yesterday and started breeding for a Shiny Amaura. And, with the charm, I can confirm this MAY actually work, because I hatched a Shiny Amaura at my 7th Egg!

I was thrilled, this is my fastest Masuda Hatching ever! :D Great way to celebrate this! I'm going to breed for a Shiny Charmander now! Wanted one for ages!
Will keep you guys updated with my findings! ;)

Thanx for joining ^_^ you've been added to the spreadsheet. Though I can only put the eggs you hatched with the shiny charm on it. And congrats on the shiny amaura on the 7th egg :) I haven't gotten that lucky yet.

Update: second batch of 120 eggs hatched, 1 shiny goomy obtained.... with 6 IVs in Sp.Def -_-;

Total: 240 eggs, 1 shiny.

Going to go another round of 120.

I already hatched 870 eggs and still no Shiny. Masuda Method + Shiny Charm

Edit:
950 eggs ang still no shiny. I've hatched over 2,500 eggs since I started Pokemon Y and i've never hatched a Shiny Pokemon.

Last edited:
I started Playing Pokemon since December 11, 2013 & learned breeding after Christmas December 26, 2013. Since then i've bred over 2,800 eggs and never encountered a single Shiny.

So here are my records.

Masuda Method + Shiny Charm
300 eggs - 6IV Japanese Ditto & 6IV Farfetch'd = NO SHINY
1000 eggs (and counting) - 6IV Japanese Ditto & (an uncommon Pokemon "can't mention") = NO SHINY

Mixed of Masuda & No Masuda Method & Shiny Charm
The remaining eggs that I used to get competitive Pokemon from breeding.

PS I've only encountered 1 Shiny it is at the Friend Safari. A 2IV Lillpup. Talk about bad luck :(

and does anyone know if saving, turning the game off and starting up again later reset the order of the eggs to be created from the daycare man. I ask because the Time Machine Method for getting 5-6iv pokemon requires resetting and does not change the order of iv's obtained.
So I did a little experiment with that. I saved, hatched 3 magikarps, checked their IVs, then I reset and did it again. Only the first magikarp retained its IVs. The other two were randomized. Maybe I did it wrong, but those were my results.

Also: Updated original post.

Batch 5 - no shiny Eevee

Egg Count = 500
Shiny Count = 1

So I did a little experiment with that. I saved, hatched 3 magikarps, checked their IVs, then I reset and did it again. Only the first magikarp retained its IVs. The other two were randomized. Maybe I did it wrong, but those were my results.

Also: Updated original post.

Batch 5 - no shiny Eevee

Egg Count = 500
Shiny Count = 1
When the guy turns around to give you the egg, the data for the egg has been written, so it will always be the same.
So, say you have saved with the guy turns around, take 5 eggs, hatch and don't get the results you want - you reset.

The first egg you receive will always be the same, so to get a "fresh" batch of 5 including the first one, you reject the first egg. Then after that, you can run around and get 5 new eggs instead of what would be 4.

Hello everybody, I just signed up, and I'd like to help with the research, I have the Shiny Charm and 6 IV JAP Ditto.
So far, these are my results:

1. First Shiny Hunt: ENG Gastly + JAP Ditto (Total: 150 Eggs; 1 Shiny).

- Hatched a Timid Levitate Shiny Gastly (31/x/31/31/30/31) at Egg #142.

2. Second Shiny Hunt: ENG Froakie + JAP Ditto (Total: 880 Eggs; 2 Shinys).
- Hatched a Timid Torrent Shiny Froakie (20/31/31/31/31/31) at Egg #1202.
- Hatched a Timid Protean Shiny Froakie (31/31/31/31/13/31) at Egg #1204.

3. Third Shiny Hunt: ENG Fletchling + JAP Ditto (Total 300 Eggs; 1 Shinys).
- Hatched an Adamant Gale Wings Shiny Fletchling (31/31/10/31/31/31) at Egg #887.

4. Fourth Shiny Hunt: ENG Honedge + JAP Ditto (Total: 280 Eggs; 0 Shinys).

5. Fifth Shiny Hunt: ENG Ralts + JAP Ditto (Total: 820 Eggs; 1 Shinys).
- Hatched a Timid Synchronize Ralts (x/31/31/31/31/31) at Egg #2897.

6. Sixth Shiny Hunt: ENG Charmander + JAP Ditto (Total: 750 Eggs; 1 Shinys).
- Hatched a Timid Blaze Charmander (31/31/31/31/x/31) at Egg #3414.

7. Seventh Shiny Hunt: ENG Starly + JAP Ditto (Total: 120 Eggs; 1 Shiny).
- Hatched a Jolly Keen Eye Starly (31/31/31/31/31/31) at Egg #2051.

8. Eighth batch: ENG Elekid + JAP Ditto (Total: 120 Eggs; 1 Shiny).
- Hatched a Jolly Static Shiny Elekid (19/31/31/x/31/31) at Egg #2002.

Total Eggs: 3420
Shiny Count: 8

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)