Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

I was wondering if you were updating your eggs on another post or if you were just not reporting these batches? Just so I know for the sheet cause I haven't seen egg totals so I haven't updated it.
I'm updating post #899. The totals now are 2700 eggs hatched, 2 shinies (1 Froakie, 1 Fennekin).

Hey guys, any of you have a perfect Hidden Power Fire and/or Hidden Power Ice Ditto. It's because I want to start trying to breed a Timid 5 IVs Shiny Froakie with Protean and Hidden Power Fire, and a Modest 5 IVs Shiny Rotom, it might take the rest of my natural life xD.

Hey guys, any of you have a perfect Hidden Power Fire and/or Hidden Power Ice Ditto. It's because I want to start trying to breed a Timid 5 IVs Shiny Froakie with Protean and Hidden Power Fire, and a Modest 5 IVs Shiny Rotom, it might take the rest of my natural life xD.
How do you do that? O.O

How do you do that? O.O
I've never done it, but some people I know have bred thos mons easier with Dittos that have the perfect Hidden Power IV Spread, and when they get a mon with that perfect Hidden Power IV Spread, they switch the first parent, so the chances are higher. To hatch it the way I want though, my take incountable hours of time xD. About the Dittos, they are all hacks I think.

I've never done it, but some people I know have bred thos mons easier with Dittos that have the perfect Hidden Power IV Spread, and when they get a mon with that perfect Hidden Power IV Spread, they switch the first parent, so the chances are higher. To hatch it the way I want though, my take incountable hours of time xD. About the Dittos, they are all hacks I think.
I was gonna say, I didn't think ditto could learn anything but transform

Hhhmmm ill have to find 1 lol you've got me curious now lol

Edit: +160 eggs and another shiny froakie :) this one is crap though :/ 5iv still but -spcl atk and its real real low. And it's ability is torrent instead of protean. Oh well I got 3 more boxes to hatch :)

Last edited:
Yeap, it cannot learn anything else but Transform, but I think the IV checker can tell you what kind of HP it has.
Hey, if you do get ahold of that HP Ice Ditto and you end up making your Froakie, can I hold onto it for a sec? I need it to breed HP Ice onto an Electrike :)

Edit: Or, you know, anyone who sees this post that has an HP Ice Ditto, I'd thoroughly appreciate it.

Hey, if you do get ahold of that HP Ice Ditto and you end up making your Froakie, can I hold onto it for a sec? I need it to breed HP Ice onto an Electrike :)

Edit: Or, you know, anyone who sees this post that has an HP Ice Ditto, I'd thoroughly appreciate it.
Of course hahaha, I don't think I'm close to getting one, but I'll keep looking for it :).

Uhm according to the HP checker I found online a 5iv English ditto I have has it. Though also according to it anything with a 31/31/31/31/31/30 read out has it

Edit: and according to the guy in Anistar I have a froakie that would have ice hp as well

Last edited:
Uhm according to the HP checker I found online a 5iv English ditto I have has it. Though also according to it anything with a 31/31/31/31/31/30 read out has it

Edit: and according to the guy in Anistar I have a froakie that would have ice hp as well
Amazing man, I wish I could get my hands in one of those Dittos :D, that way I could breed that Rotom :D

I see you followed my step-by-step-shiny-in-your-sig instructions! looks good :)

Edit: Also, you can go to hell. 4 shinies in 700 eggs???
Sorry, I don't want to make anyone mad. I'm sure you'll hatch some more, too. It's all luck, please don't be mad at me. :(
And I wasn't keeping count the whole time while hatching so maybe I actually hatched more than that.
And I went through the trouble of getting the shiny charm in Black 2 and hatched a lot of growlithe eggs for months. I got no shiny at all from that game, and none from Black, and none from Soulsilver besides the red Gyarados. I feel that these shinies I got in X are kind of making up for that.

Last edited:
Returning again, just to update that I finally got my Shiny Ponyta :D so to update the egg count look below :D

Pokemon - Vulpix; Number of Eggs Hatched; 35; Egg # Shiny Vulpix Achieved: 31
Pokemon - Ponyta; Number of Eggs Hatched 335; Egg # Shiny Ponyta Achieved: 332
Total: 370 Eggs
Shinies: 2

I am now going for another Ponyta as my friend wants one and he's to lazy to get the Shiny Charm, will keep you guys updated, best of luck on your shiny hunt

Edit: *Cough* Thanks for the quick fix Midniyte :D *Cough*

Last edited:
Guys, another update with ANOTHER SHINY! I've just got a Shiny Timid Eevee, but the problem is that it doesn't have Special Attack. Well, I don't know if I should use my last batch to hatch more Eevees and see if I get a better one...

Total: 2850
Shinies: 3

I just want to share this quickly. Just happened and I want to give it to you freshly.

In my desperation I thought that it would be a better idea if I keep on filling boxes, like 5-10 per day. It could help a little about odds continuing changing without even hatching, so I've filled the rest of my boxes until I had the goal of 1000 to hatch. I will not update until I got the whole number hatched over, but I just hatched, lastly, my shiny Druddigon at the 881st egg.
Female, Brave nature, Sheer Force, 4 Egg Moves (Poison Tail, Iron Tail, Sucker Punch and Fire Fang) with 31/31/31/31/31/?? I'm a little bit disappointed cause I do really wanted it so bad to have 0 IV's on the speed, I just hope that later when I level it, it's speed is less than 10 IV's. Yes, I was thinking in using it for trick room teams. Anyhow, I'm close to the 900 and certainly, the 1000 egg will be hatched soon, I presume yesterday. I hope to find another green dragon over there.

Ever since I switched parents, my luck has been awesome. The first, Froakie, came in 150 eggs. But they are usually coming within 300 range.
I've been using ENG of what I want with JAP 6 IV Ditto, 2 shinies in 370 eggs, I'm happy with that luck :D

Edit: Unfortunately neither of them are competitive, they both have the wrong ability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)