Cloning/Impersonating

Recently, impersonating someone has become a "fun" thing for trolls. Alot of evaders are mostly the impersonators from what Ive noticed also.

Now yesterday I was impersonated by some user and accidently locked(was quickly unlocked) but wasnt able to talk afterwards for about 35 minutes because it said im not "autoconfirmed". Only problem with this is that we keep autoconfirmed on alot in sports room and me being a driver and not being able to talk isnt going to work. Also, Idc about me being cloned really as long as I dont get locked as a result just because some other users thinks its funny to get others in trouble. Luckily Reverb helped my account get autoconfirmed again so its all good.

For example, my friend Darth Drake was cloned some time back by a spammer. Later that day people kept calling him a spammer and just talking down on him when he wasnt even on when the spam happened. They use either similar looking letters or unicode characters.

Can something be done about cloning because its happening alot recently and getting annoying. Especially with the autoconfirmed process thing. So uh, yeah. Please be aware of these impersonators.
Thank you.

Greek and Cyrillic lettering is already prohibited, but I don't think we have any intention to remove other lettering right now. Most of it is in other languages and is used responsibly.

Moneyminty said:
Only problem with this is that we keep autoconfirmed on alot in sports room and me being a driver and not being able to talk isnt going to work.
Voices+ are automatically autoconfirmed, as they are above that rank in the hierarchy. You shouldn't have any problem chatting in the Sports room with autoconfirmed on. My username isn't autoconfirmed, yet I can chat with it on.

Greek and Cyrillic lettering is already prohibited, but I don't think we have any intention to remove other lettering right now. Most of it is in other languages and is used responsibly.

Voices+ are automatically autoconfirmed, as they are above that rank in the hierarchy. You shouldn't have any problem chatting in the Sports room with autoconfirmed on. My username isn't autoconfirmed, yet I can chat with it on.
I use alts when we play personal games i there tho 0_0 such as sports trivia and stuff

Well seeing as we cant use dongers in our names I dont think it's too hard removing unicode from names either. It's not like it serves any real purpose

Rohep

Banned deucer.
Recently, impersonating someone has become a "fun" thing for trolls. Alot of evaders are mostly the impersonators from what Ive noticed also.

Now yesterday I was impersonated by some user and accidently locked(was quickly unlocked) but wasnt able to talk afterwards for about 35 minutes because it said im not "autoconfirmed". Only problem with this is that we keep autoconfirmed on alot in sports room and me being a driver and not being able to talk isnt going to work. Also, Idc about me being cloned really as long as I dont get locked as a result just because some other users thinks its funny to get others in trouble. Luckily Reverb helped my account get autoconfirmed again so its all good.

For example, my friend Darth Drake was cloned some time back by a spammer. Later that day people kept calling him a spammer and just talking down on him when he wasnt even on when the spam happened. They use either similar looking letters or unicode characters.

Can something be done about cloning because its happening alot recently and getting annoying. Especially with the autoconfirmed process thing. So uh, yeah. Please be aware of these impersonators.
Thank you.
My hero <#

It would be hard to prove who the "first" or "real" person of a username is though, if they did ban impersonation completely. People would simply argue that they had the username/type of username first. (I had this happen to me LOL)

Unicode is often used for people trying to find a good colour for a name, or the AFK letters/circles (not sure if that is unicode though), so it does have certain uses, and it does keep people off Zarel's back campaigning for the ability to change their colour.

I wonder if a better solution would be to let everyone know what unicode is, spread awareness of the issue so people don't often assume the person impersonating is the real one, and look closely/further. (unicode letters can often be distinguished from normals - yes even the upside down ! looking like an lower case I). So people aren't as gullible as to believe it is the real person.

Glad the staff are looking into it though.

Rohep

Banned deucer.
It would be hard to prove who the "first" or "real" person of a username is though, if they did ban impersonation completely. People would simply argue that they had the username/type of username first. (I had this happen to me LOL)

Unicode is often used for people trying to find a good colour for a name, or the AFK letters/circles (not sure if that is unicode though), so it does have certain uses, and it does keep people off Zarel's back campaigning for the ability to change their colour.

I wonder if a better solution would be to let everyone know what unicode is, spread awareness of the issue so people don't often assume the person impersonating is the real one, and look closely/further. (unicode letters can often be distinguished from normals - yes even the upside down ! looking like an lower case I). So people aren't as gullible as to believe it is the real person.

Glad the staff are looking into it though.
Recently, when you click on the name, in addition to showing that user's rank, it also shows their regdate. Hopefully that helps with the claims of having the username first.

_Tonks_

That is true
The issue I have with this is it shows when the NAME was registered, not who the actual person is. I feel like something needs to be implanted that gives a person a main account, and names under that account. So we know who's names belong to what user, not just when they registered a name.

However, being staff in Video Games, I cant say I see this a lot. And if someone is trolling or spamming, It's usually just common sense to mute them. I can understand the issue being them taking someone else name, or at least making a version of it, but That being said, if you know how someone really is, A red flag should go up when they show up with an altered name and start causing trouble.

Rohep

Banned deucer.
The issue I have with this is it shows when the NAME was registered, not who the actual person is. I feel like something needs to be implanted that gives a person a main account, and names under that account. So we know who's names belong to what user, not just when they registered a name.

However, being staff in Video Games, I cant say I see this a lot. And if someone is trolling or spamming, It's usually just common sense to mute them. I can understand the issue being them taking someone else name, or at least making a version of it, but That being said, if you know how someone really is, A red flag should go up when they show up with an altered name and start causing trouble.
About your first point, that would be a little complicated, and for those users that love making alts every other day, they have little room to complain about impersonation. But usually it's easy to tell with impersonators anyway; use common sense.

tbh, the only room that has this problem is Lobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)