Juse BoTTT

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, it was just now. there was no lag at all
And I've noticed that the bottt doesnt work to well in the trivia room in general.
Could you elaborate on what doesn't work so well? I'll have a look into what is causing this, but the algorithm hasn't been changed recently, so the most likely reason is that boTTT was lagging and receiving too many messages at once.

Could you elaborate on what doesn't work so well? I'll have a look into what is causing this, but the algorithm hasn't been changed recently, so the most likely reason is that boTTT was lagging and receiving too many messages at once.
http://i.imgur.com/HkHJPeE.png - We got a Question format called ''Fill in the lyrics'' Where the dots are placed you're supposed to fill them in, but when you ask the q you get a warn from BoTTT. If you repost the question you get a mute.

http://prntscr.com/3cmfu7 - Another question that confuses boTTT is the hangman format, if you do too many underscores you'll get a warn and if you repost the q or ask another one a mute will follow.

If there is no auth in the room and the asker gets muted, trivia dies.

http://prntscr.com/3cmgj0 - Not sure if this is a bug or if BoTTT requires more lines to count is as a warn

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah none of those are technically incorrect functionality; they're just places where boTTT's design isn't perfectly suited to the situation. I'll have a talk to the trivia staff and see if they want anything changed.

Sunako

I suppose it would be better if boTTT didn't warn for a line of underscores and periods (as those are used in legitimate questions and are rarely used in actual spam), but I don't think the mute for flooding or anything else would need to be changed.

I suppose it would be better if boTTT didn't warn for a line of underscores and periods (as those are used in legitimate questions and are rarely used in actual spam), but I don't think the mute for flooding or anything else would need to be changed.
Well for lyrics q's you can just replace the dots to <word>
For example: I came in like a <word> ball. (Fill in the word)
But I dont think there is any direct solution to the hangman problem other then reprogramming the bot in trivia to not mute if someone is stretching

Well for lyrics q's you can just replace the dots to <word>
For example: I came in like a <word> ball. (Fill in the word)
But I dont think there is any direct solution to the hangman problem other then reprogramming the bot in trivia to not mute if someone is stretching
I'd like if there was a way for # or @ to be able to /disableboTTT LOL if we wish to give boTTT a well needed break :)

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Ah none of those are technically incorrect functionality; they're just places where boTTT's design isn't perfectly suited to the situation. I'll have a talk to the trivia staff and see if they want anything changed.
I don't know if this is the best place, but since it's already on the topic, this happened earlier today. And I'm fairly sure that can't have been to lagg. I really have no idea why.

Some extra information in case it's useful, from the person him/herself: " BlazikenAltI: my battles keep telling me I've been talking too much when I've been canceling a move"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)