Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chesnaught
Type: Grass / Fighting -------> Grass
Abilities: Overgrow / Bulletproof -------> Spiky Armour (Iron Barbs with a different name)
Base Stats: 88 / 107 / 122 / 74 / 75 / 64 -------> 88 / 127 / 152 / 84 / 105 / 74
New Moves: Recover, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Drain Punch
Concept:
Chesnaught is well, me! This set takes on Chesnaught's role of a Defensive wall, while giving it a better offensive presence. 107 Attack is boosted by 20 to give it power to its Drain Punches, while 152 Defense is a buff from 122 from 30 and makes it very physically bulky! This might seem silly, but 84 SpA is a needed buff for a flavor-wise balance, as there's no reason Mega Gardevoir should get a +10 Attack, so it is just not to make it broken. 105 SpD is a 30 point increase, to match the 30 point increase in Defense, while making Chesnaught all around bulkier. 74 Speed is an improvement from 64 Speed to make offenses more worth it and Taunt is more viable now for beating Stall, Swords Dance Chesnaught would be great! 152 Defense uninvested is equal to around 105 Defense fully invested, which is really great! Overall, this gives it a place in OU and it would finally be greatly buffed! Chesnaught survives SpD Talonflame's Brave Bird after Stealth Rock, which is just wow!

Delphox
Type: Fire / Psychic -------> Fire / Psychic
Abilities: Blaze / Magician -------> Prankster
Base Stats: 75 / 69 / 72 / 114 / 100 / 104 -------> 75 / 69 / 102 / 144 / 120 / 124
Concept:
Delphox is ok, but with its Mega Evolution it is granted Prankster. Imagine the possibilities, Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp, and Wish even, and while it might seem odd with already high base 124 Speed, it is great for emergencies like Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados, which can be helpful. This improvement really improves on Delphox's defensive capabilities, while also boosting its offenses. It now outspeeds Greninja and everything below, which can be important! Anyways, yeah, Delphox is cool now.

Talonflame
Type: Fire / Flying -------> Fire / Flying
Abilities: Flame Body / Gale Wings -------> Aerilate
Base Stats: 78 / 81 / 71 / 74 / 69 / 126 -------> 78 / 101 / 111 / 64 / 89 / 166
Concept:
You may be thinking: no Gale Wings? What's the point? Well, this is an odd Mega Evolution, yes, but it is meant to capitalize on its untapped potential defensively, with a huge movepool such as Taunt, Roost, Will-o-Wisp, Tailwind, and U-turn, which is great and so unused. With 166 Speed, it doesn't need Gale Wings. With an Adamant nature it outspeeds 252+ base 146, this includes 252+ Scarfers with base 80 Speed and below. Aerilate might be broken, but then again, Gale Wings is really fucking strong as it is.

Now reserving Kyurem, Aegislash, and Aromatisse.

Ledian

Typing: Bug / Flying -----> Bug / Fighting
Abilities: Swarm / Early Bird / Iron Fist -----> Iron Fist
BST: 55/35/50/55/110/85 -----> 55/115/50/55/110/105
Moves: + Bullet Punch, + Fire Punch, + Sky Uppercut, + Shadow Punch, + Ice Punch*, + Thunderpunch*, + Megahorn, + Sticky Web, + Hypnosis, + Barrier, + Recover
* Move already available to Ledian, but only through transfer and thus would be incompatible with other new moves

Oh boy, is this one a doozy. Gamefreak really seems to hate Ledian. They give it Iron Fist, but lower Attack than Special Attack (and both are mediocre). They give it some decent punching moves, but for some reason not Fire Punch (but the other elemental punches--note, I'm not saying Ledian desperately needs Fire Punch, but I see no reason for Gamefreak to give Ledian 2 of the 3 elemental punches other than to troll the poor thing). They boost the stats of nearly every other regional early bug Pokemon (sorry, Kricketune), but not Ledian. It deserves a break, to say the least.

First off is fixing its depressing combination of stats and movepool ability. Gamefreak designed Ledian with two themes in mind: Starlight and punching things (don't ask me how either of those two things are even remotely related). Unfortunately, the only move that combines the two--Comet Punch--is far from salvageable, given that moves can't be altered in this project. Since Iron Fist Ledian is already a thing, I decided to go with the punching theme. Most Iron Fist-boosted moves are physical, so Ledian needed a decent attack stat; i diverted 80 of the 100 total points here just to make it usable, and shoehorned the remaining points into speed to help Ledian outspeed things that would break through its paper-thin physical defense. Even then, 115 Attack isn't spectacular for a Mega, so Ledian must rely primarily on its typing and movepool to distinguish itself.

The switch from Flying to Fighting mitigates Ledian's Stealth Rock weakness, the main downfall of Bug/Flying types (besides, you know, bad stats overall). Bug/Fighting is a great offensive typing, as demonstrated by Heracross. Unfortunately, Heracross also has a Mega Evolution, whose stats best Ledian's in all areas except speed. How could Mega Ledian possibly distinguish itself from such a powerhouse? Two things: surprise and utility.

Perhaps you've noticed the large swathe of new moves I decided to gift to Ledian. Half are Iron Fist-boosted moves, half are utility (also Megahorn because Ledian is an offensive Bug-type and there are depressingly few strong physical Bug-type moves). Ultimately, the small niche Ledian occupies that Mega Heracross doesn't is unpredictable offensive utility. Mega Ledian's attack stat itself isn't amazing, but the fact that it can carry a Fire, Ice, Electric, Ghost, Bug, Flying, or Fighting move, most of which is boosted by Iron Fist, is. Its superior speed allows it to surprise more foes before they can attack than Mega Heracross. The additions of Sticky Web, Hypnosis, and Barrier (which also conveniently patches Ledian's poor defense), along with the likes of Light Screen and Reflect, make it difficult to predict exactly what Mega Ledian will do. Is it a full on attacker, and if it is, what moves does it have? Is it utility, and if it is, does it have screens or Sticky Web? Is it a combination of the two?

Ultimately, while Mega Ledian is unfortunately hampered by the offensively and defensively superior Mega Heracross, it does have a unique niche in that it can fire off a variety of boosted, unpredictable moves as well as provide decent support for its teammates. Unlike Mega Heracross, who focuses primarily on offense and almost always carries Bug- and Fighting-type moves, Iron Fist allows Ledian to carry 4 moves of entirely different types while maintaining a weaker version of STAB, or utilize a variety of support moves instead. This unpredictability and versatiliy are what I think will enable Ledian to fulfill a unique role in the metagame.

Ledian itself was rather difficult to make usable in the OU enviroment, due to its low stats, so I tried to do the best that I could short of something drastic like giving it Huge Power. Thoughts?

Reserving Cradily!

Last edited:

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

NIDOQUEEN

poison/ground
poison point / rivalry / sheer force >>>>>> Sheer Force
90hp / 92atk / 87def / 75spatk / 85spd / 76spe (bst 505) >>>>> 90hp / 92atk / 110def / 125spatk / 102spd / 86spe (bst 605)
+slack off +liability maker (110bp poison stab w/ 10%poison)

concept: k so the whole point of this is to be an annoying as fuck tanky special attacker. with the stat changes it is rly bulky and the special attack increase allows if to have more power than life orb normal queen. i also decided to give it recovery in slack off which will make it get worn down more slowly plus Nidoqueen just looks like something that should learn slack off imo. in a way this is kind of like a bulkier lando-i with recovery!

Last edited:
Well, I'll try Arbok out since I reserved him all of like less than an hour ago. Hope I'm doing this right.

Let's see...

Mega Arbok X (There will be a Y)

Type: Poison/Dragon
Ability:Intimidate/Shed Skin/Unnerve>>>Multiscale
Movepool: +Roost, +Dragon Rush, +Dragon Dance
Stats: 60/85/69/65/79/80>>>60/108/88/65/102/115

Concept: A regal crown (that oddly seems built into its very form) denotes that it is now a king cobra, royal and majestic, and still purple like a serpent or dragon and it has tiny wings to give it an excuse to have Roost. Thematically, it's defensive with Multiscale and the ability to either sweep with DD or use Coil with Dragon Rush... something some dragons would covet.

Mega Arbok Y
Type: Poison/Dark
Ability:Intimidate/Shed Skin/Unnerve>>>Strong Jaw
Movepool: +Parting Shot, +Recover, +Topsy-turvy
Stats: 60/85/69/65/79/80>>>60/125/120/65/125/38

Concept: A dark snake lurking in the shadows with a mean streak, slow, yet methodical and careful for its own safety. The concept her is tankiness with a bit of power bolstered by Strong Jaw in a way that Tyrantrum could only dream of abusing. A Strong Jaw STAB Crunch hurts like hell, and Poison Fang lets you spread toxic as you hit with only slightly less power than a Poison Jab. Add fangs if needed and you should be set. Or you could forego that and use all those new support moves.

I'll get to Steelix and Forretress some time soon (which I reserved a few posts ago)

Last edited:
Everything should be updated (except crossing out completed ones sorry!) if I missed anything feel free to PM me

MEGA TYPHLOSION
The Volcano Pokemon
Type: Fire -> Fire/Ground
Ability: Blaze/Flash Fire -> Sheer Force
Stats: 78/84/78/109/85/100 (534) >>> 78/114/86/145/100/111 (634)
Movepool: +Earth Power

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a monster.

Typhlosion is the Volcano Pokemon, so naturally the secondary ground type seemed to be the most logical secondary typing. The only thing holding Typhlosion back in the past was his unfavorable speed, but now he sits at a blistering 111, outspeeding all base 110s by one point. Finding an ability for Mega Ty was not easy, but with his excellent movepool to make good and proper use of it, I ultimately decided Sheer Force was the way to go. With the Sheer Force boost, Earth Power and Fire Blast become horrifyingly strong, and Focus Blast is nothing to scoff at. Overall, what we have here is one of the scariest wallbreakers and revenge killers out there.

Now, while his offensive stats and ability would seem to place him in the realm of brokenness matching the likes of Mega Lucario, I have planned it out to make it not so. Mega Typhlosion has an unfavorable defensive typing, and his defensive stats are rather underwhelming. As such, he is utterly destroyed by Azumarill and Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet, and Multiscale Dragonite can take a Rock Slide before cleaning up with EQ. Choice Scarf users such as Lando and Garchomp can take out his bad boy, but they can't safely switch in to anything in his arsenal.

Overall, Mega Typhlosion would be terrifying to face unprepared, but there are common enough threats to handle him that he wouldn't be banished to Ubers. So, overall, the vibe I was going for was hugely threatening, but still manageable without obscure counters.
The way you explained it makes me feel it is fair enough and it has a decent amount of counters but I think speed should be toned down just a bit to under Keldeo and Garchomp and then Special attack can be boosted making Typholsion more a deadly wallbreaker mon and less of a just smash everything in the tier mon.

H'okay. Let me change Manaphy around then (I assume Protean Mew is accepted then...)

Mega Manaphy
No Type Change
Hydration -> Serene Grace
100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/100/135/100/135/130
+ Moonblast, Recover

I decided to go the opposite way as before. Rather than being all super powerful...let's make this dude WAY more defensive... I started off thinking about Scald. It has a 30% shot at burning. Let's increase that. So that's why I chose Serene Grace. To screw over special attackers, I gave it Moonblast for that now 60% shot at reducing special attack. At the same time, as a more defensive mon, I figured Recover would be nice. It even feels kind of flavor-ful. You can drop it if you want though.

I also would like to try out Aegislash

Mega Aegislash
No Type Change
Stance Change -> Analytic
60/50/150/50/150/60 -> 60/125/125/125/125/60

Essentially, a combination of both of its forms...but because of the stat increases and combining both forms, it ends up being less than both. You get Shadow Sneak without losing defenses. At the same time, your offenses are lessened and you can't run any of the typical items on it. I figured that sword fighters like to watch their opponents carefully until it gets a good strike in; so it gets Analytic...to strike the opponent for more power if it goes last...which considering its speed it will unless it uses Shadow Sneak. Analytic Mega Aegislash actually gives you more power than Leftovers regular Aegislash for non-Shadow Sneak. So it has that going for it...
60% burn chance on Scald is a pain as it allows Manaphy to wear down its checks and counter really easily with a burn. I think just keeping hydration is fine as your buff really helps bulky CM rain dance Manaphy.

Damn I wanted to do Aegislash I had such a good ability too, screw it, its my meta I'm overriding Aegislash gets vampiric blade which basically an ability that gives it a shell bell on contact moves this helps Stance Dance Mega Aegislash be way move survivable with its low base HP.

View attachment 13792 Carbink-Mega
Type: Rock/Fairy
Stats: 50/50/150/50/150/50(500)>>>50/50/150/100/150/100(600)
Ability: Clear Body/Sturdy>>>Rock Head
Movepool: +Light of Ruin +Earth Power +Moonlight
"it fires beams from the stone in its head." Therefore Light of Ruin and the SpA boost
It needed recovery; I delivered
Earth Power for sweeps
It literally is a rock head
Speed for the lol's
Looks fine to me approved.

MEGA-VOLCARONA

Bug/Fire
Flame Body (Swarm) ----> Drought
85 HP/ 60 Atk / 65 Def / 135 SpA/ 105 SpD / 100 Spe (BST 550) ---> 85 HP / 70 Atk / 65 Def / 175 SpA / 130 SpD / 125 Spe (BST 650)
New Moves: None. I figure this boost is plenty big, especially considering Volcarona's viable in OU now.

Concept: GLORIOUS ARTHROPODS. Oh, right, competitive concept. "All-purpose special attacker", I guess - Volcarona can either set up QD or just incinerate things right off the bat. Drought is great for it competitively, and is also a better fit than any other ability flavor-wise, since this is a Pokemon that supposedly stood in for the sun in ancient times. King of the invertebrates right here. This is what happens when you take my Mega-Galvantula away from me. If you think it's OP, let me know and I'll see if I can balance it a bit.
Oh dear god that hits harder than Mega Zard-Y and is faster and has a boosting move sorry but this needs a major debuff.

Chesnaught
Type: Grass / Fighting -------> Grass
Abilities: Overgrow / Bulletproof -------> Spiky Armour (Iron Barbs with a different name)
Base Stats: 88 / 107 / 122 / 74 / 75 / 64 -------> 88 / 127 / 152 / 84 / 105 / 74
New Moves: Recover, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Drain Punch
Concept:
Chesnaught is well, me! This set takes on Chesnaught's role of a Defensive wall, while giving it a better offensive presence. 107 Attack is boosted by 20 to give it power to its Drain Punches, while 152 Defense is a buff from 122 from 30 and makes it very physically bulky! This might seem silly, but 84 SpA is a needed buff for a flavor-wise balance, as there's no reason Mega Gardevoir should get a +10 Attack, so it is just not to make it broken. 105 SpD is a 30 point increase, to match the 30 point increase in Defense, while making Chesnaught all around bulkier. 74 Speed is an improvement from 64 Speed to make offenses more worth it and Taunt is more viable now for beating Stall, Swords Dance Chesnaught would be great! 152 Defense uninvested is equal to around 105 Defense fully invested, which is really great! Overall, this gives it a place in OU and it would finally be greatly buffed! Chesnaught survives SpD Talonflame's Brave Bird after Stealth Rock, which is just wow!

Delphox
Type: Fire / Psychic -------> Fire / Psychic
Abilities: Blaze / Magician -------> Prankster
Base Stats: 75 / 69 / 72 / 114 / 100 / 104 -------> 75 / 69 / 102 / 144 / 120 / 124
Concept:
Delphox is ok, but with its Mega Evolution it is granted Prankster. Imagine the possibilities, Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp, and Wish even, and while it might seem odd with already high base 124 Speed, it is great for emergencies like Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados, which can be helpful. This improvement really improves on Delphox's defensive capabilities, while also boosting its offenses. It now outspeeds Greninja and everything below, which can be important! Anyways, yeah, Delphox is cool now.

Talonflame
Type: Fire / Flying -------> Fire / Flying
Abilities: Flame Body / Gale Wings -------> Aerilate
Base Stats: 78 / 81 / 71 / 74 / 69 / 126 -------> 78 / 101 / 111 / 64 / 89 / 166
Concept:
You may be thinking: no Gale Wings? What's the point? Well, this is an odd Mega Evolution, yes, but it is meant to capitalize on its untapped potential defensively, with a huge movepool such as Taunt, Roost, Will-o-Wisp, Tailwind, and U-turn, which is great and so unused. With 166 Speed, it doesn't need Gale Wings. With an Adamant nature it outspeeds 252+ base 146, this includes 252+ Scarfers with base 80 Speed and below. Aerilate might be broken, but then again, Gale Wings is really fucking strong as it is.

Now reserving Kyurem, Aegislash, and Aromatisse.
All three of these look great approved, except you can't take points out of offensive stats so your spread for Talonflame would probably have to be 78/101/101/74/89/166.

Ledian

Typing: Bug / Flying -----> Bug / Fighting
Abilities: Swarm / Early Bird / Iron Fist -----> Iron Fist
BST: 55/35/50/55/110/85 -----> 55/115/50/55/110/105
Moves: + Bullet Punch, + Fire Punch, + Sky Uppercut, + Shadow Punch, + Ice Punch*, + Thunderpunch*, + Megahorn, + Sticky Web, + Hypnosis, + Barrier, + Recover
* Move already available to Ledian, but only through transfer and thus would be incompatible with other new moves

Oh boy, is this one a doozy. Gamefreak really seems to hate Ledian. They give it Iron Fist, but lower Attack than Special Attack (and both are mediocre). They give it some decent punching moves, but for some reason not Fire Punch (but the other elemental punches--note, I'm not saying Ledian desperately needs Fire Punch, but I see no reason for Gamefreak to give Ledian 2 of the 3 elemental punches other than to troll the poor thing). They boost the stats of nearly every other regional early bug Pokemon (sorry, Kricketune), but not Ledian. It deserves a break, to say the least.

First off is fixing its depressing combination of stats and movepool ability. Gamefreak designed Ledian with two themes in mind: Starlight and punching things (don't ask me how either of those two things are even remotely related). Unfortunately, the only move that combines the two--Comet Punch--is far from salvageable, given that moves can't be altered in this project. Since Iron Fist Ledian is already a thing, I decided to go with the punching theme. Most Iron Fist-boosted moves are physical, so Ledian needed a decent attack stat; i diverted 80 of the 100 total points here just to make it usable, and shoehorned the remaining points into speed to help Ledian outspeed things that would break through its paper-thin physical defense. Even then, 115 Attack isn't spectacular for a Mega, so Ledian must rely primarily on its typing and movepool to distinguish itself.

The switch from Flying to Fighting mitigates Ledian's Stealth Rock weakness, the main downfall of Bug/Flying types (besides, you know, bad stats overall). Bug/Fighting is a great offensive typing, as demonstrated by Heracross. Unfortunately, Heracross also has a Mega Evolution, whose stats best Ledian's in all areas except speed. How could Mega Ledian possibly distinguish itself from such a powerhouse? Two things: surprise and utility.

Perhaps you've noticed the large swathe of new moves I decided to gift to Ledian. Half are Iron Fist-boosted moves, half are utility (also Megahorn because Ledian is an offensive Bug-type and there are depressingly few strong physical Bug-type moves). Ultimately, the small niche Ledian occupies that Mega Heracross doesn't is unpredictable offensive utility. Mega Ledian's attack stat itself isn't amazing, but the fact that it can carry a Fire, Ice, Electric, Ghost, Bug, Flying, or Fighting move, most of which is boosted by Iron Fist, is. Its superior speed allows it to surprise more foes before they can attack than Mega Heracross. The additions of Sticky Web, Hypnosis, and Barrier (which also conveniently patches Ledian's poor defense), along with the likes of Light Screen and Reflect, make it difficult to predict exactly what Mega Ledian will do. Is it a full on attacker, and if it is, what moves does it have? Is it utility, and if it is, does it have screens or Sticky Web? Is it a combination of the two?

Ultimately, while Mega Ledian is unfortunately hampered by the offensively and defensively superior Mega Heracross, it does have a unique niche in that it can fire off a variety of boosted, unpredictable moves as well as provide decent support for its teammates. Unlike Mega Heracross, who focuses primarily on offense and almost always carries Bug- and Fighting-type moves, Iron Fist allows Ledian to carry 4 moves of entirely different types while maintaining a weaker version of STAB, or utilize a variety of support moves instead. This unpredictability and versatiliy are what I think will enable Ledian to fulfill a unique role in the metagame.

Ledian itself was rather difficult to make usable in the OU enviroment, due to its low stats, so I tried to do the best that i could short of something drastic like giving it Huge Power. Thoughts?

Reserving Cradily!
Poor Ledian there is nothing that can make you viable but this is a solid buff attempt approved.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving swanna and beartic kthx

Swanna

Typing: Water / Flying -----> Water / Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Big Pecks/Hydration -----> Drizzle
BST: 75/87/63/87/63/98 -----> 75/90(+3)/85(+22)/138(+51)/85(+22)/100(+2)
New moves: Hydro Pump
Concept: Think of it as the Mega Charizard-Y of rain. It is that simple.

Beartic

Typing: Ice -----> Ice / Fighting
Abilities: Snow Cloak/Swift Swim -----> Adaptability
BST: 95/110/80/70/80/50 -----> 95/135(+25)/100(+20)/75(+5)/100(+20)/80(+30)
New Moves: Close Combat, Ice Shard
Concept: a balanced version of Mega Lucario

Last edited:

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mega lapras:

Typing: Water/Ice ------> Water/Dragon
Ability: Water Absorb/ Shell Armor ------> Drizzle
Stats: 130/85/80/85/95/60 -----> 130/95/110/105/130/65
Movepool:+ Dragon pulse + Slack Off
Concept: Lapras is not a bad pokemon, its just simply outclassed by other water types and its poor defensive typing holds him back. But with a new typing and an awesome ability Lapras becomes a unique pokemon and with thunders that never miss and rain boosted scalds it will never let you down.

Mega Lanturn:

Typing: Same
Ability: Volt Absorb/Water Absorb/ Illuminate ----> Hydroelectrical armor: Restores HP from Water and Electric type attacks (Water Absorb + Volt Absorb)
Stats: 125/58/58/76/76/67 ----> 125/63/108/100/176/38
Movepool: Recover
Concept: Lanturn no longer looks like an inferior rotom-W. Its typing makes it one of the best anti metagame pokemon and with an awesome ability, heal bell and recover it won't die soon.

Everything should be updated (except crossing out completed ones sorry!) if I missed anything feel free to PM me

The way you explained it makes me feel it is fair enough and it has a decent amount of counters but I think speed should be toned down just a bit to under Keldeo and Garchomp and then Special attack can be boosted making Typholsion more a deadly wallbreaker mon and less of a just smash everything in the tier mon.

60% burn chance on Scald is a pain as it allows Manaphy to wear down its checks and counter really easily with a burn. I think just keeping hydration is fine as your buff really helps bulky CM rain dance Manaphy.

Damn I wanted to do Aegislash I had such a good ability too, screw it, its my meta I'm overriding Aegislash gets vampiric blade which basically an ability that gives it a shell bell on contact moves this helps Stance Dance Mega Aegislash be way move survivable with its low base HP.

Looks fine to me approved.

Oh dear god that hits harder than Mega Zard-Y and is faster and has a boosting move sorry but this needs a major debuff.

All three of these look great approved, except you can't take points out of offensive stats so your spread for Talonflame would probably have to be 78/101/101/74/89/166.

Poor Ledian there is nothing that can make you viable but this is a solid buff attempt approved.
What about Sandslash-Mega? what did you think about it?
Edit: Tangrowth reserved

acestriker19 I toned the speed down to under Keldeo and Terrakion and the like, but I feel like Garchomp is a bit much. I took down the speed to 105, which I think is fair, and now makes Typhlosion about as threatening as Mega Pinsir, or maybe slightly less so since lack of priority and no boosting moves to speak of. I can still lower the speed though if you wish, I just wanted to see if this is alright with you first before toning it down even further.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Mega Regigigas
Type: Normal
Ability: Slow Start >>> {Insert Name Here} (All non stabs move have half BP) or All or Nothing(The opposite of slow start, this causes your attack, special defense, and speed to be cut down to a third after 3 turns.)
Stats: 110/160/110/80/110/100 >>> 110/170/120/110/130/130
Moves: None.
I'm kinda conflicted here. I think a mix between the two abilities is what I would like to see. I definetly prefer this spread. I wish I could drop that speed, like significantly but I don't know. This one might be as balanced as I can make it.

I think somebody else needs to try this. I can't make it work.
I'll give it a shot:

Normal ----> Normal / Flying
Slow Start ----> Aerilate
110/160/110/80/110/100 ---> 110/170/110/80/110/110
New Moves: +Protect

The image pretty much explains it but basically Protect because lol it doesn't get protect, and yes this does lose to pretty much every viable electric type.

Last edited:
Then, let's keep Hydration for Manaphy and keep everything else? AND YOU DIDN'T CALL AEGISLASH! *shakes fist*

I did one more in the meanwhile. Mega Blissey. I wanted to deviate from the roll Blissey normally plays (since it's already OU) so I made a vast change to its special defense to make it different despite the rules...

Mega Blissey
Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer -> Thick Fat
255/10/10/75/135/55 -> 255/15/95/100/105/70
+ Moonblast

I was thinking to myself, "Great one, how can I differentiate Mega Blissey from Chansey as well as from itself?" The answer is lowered special bulk for a much higher physical bulk. Now, Mega Blissey can become more of a mixed wall than the special walls that Chansey and Blissey are. It also has passable special attack now. Giving it Moonblast also allows you to lower the opponent's special attack. Thick Fat is flavorful because it's chubby and it adds to its bulkiness. I added 5 to its attack for the lulz. If you give it an EV spread of 252/0/136/0/156/0 with a Bold nature gives you nearly equivalent bulk (714 HP and roughly 285 defenses)

If you don't like it, I have an alternative spread. I'm thinking maybe a spread of 255/30/70/100/115/70 to make it still along the similar path but less broken (along with dumping more into its useless attack), but I prefer my original spread.

Well, I'll try Arbok out since I reserved him all of like less than an hour ago. Hope I'm doing this right.

Let's see...

Mega Arbok X (There will be a Y)

Type: Poison/Dragon
Ability:Intimidate/Shed Skin/Unnerve>>>Multiscale
Movepool: +Roost, +Dragon Rush, +Dragon Dance
Stats: 60/85/69/65/79/80>>>60/120/100/41/102/115

Concept: A regal crown (that oddly seems built into its very form) denotes that it is now a king cobra, royal and majestic, and still purple like a serpent or dragon and it has tiny wings to give it an excuse to have Roost. Thematically, it's defensive with Multiscale and the ability to either sweep with DD or use Coil with Dragon Rush... something some dragons would covet.

Mega Arbok Y
Type: Poison/Dark
Ability:Intimidate/Shed Skin/Unnerve>>>Strong Jaw
Movepool: +Parting Shot, +Recover, +Topsy-turvy
Stats: 60/85/69/65/79/80>>>60/115/115/28/125/95

Concept: A dark snake lurking in the shadows with a mean streak. The concept her is tankiness with a bit of power bolstered by Strong Jaw. A Strong Jaw STAB Crunch hurts like hell, and Poison Fang lets you spread toxic as you hit with only slightly less power than a Poison Jab. Add fangs if needed and you should be set. Or you could forego that and use all those new support moves.

I'll get to Steelix and Forretress some time soon (which I reserved a few posts ago)
Pokemon shouldn't get X and Y megas until we at least finish giving everyone one. So pick the one you like more also you cannot decrease any stat except defense (slightly) and speed.

Mega lapras:

Typing: Water/Ice ------> Water/Dragon
Ability: Water Absorb/ Shell Armor ------> Drizzle
Stats: 130/85/80/85/95/60 -----> 130/95/110/105/130/65
Movepool:+ Dragon pulse + Slack Off
Concept: Lapras is not a bad pokemon, its just simply outclassed by other water types and its poor defensive typing holds him back. But with a new typing and an awesome ability Lapras becomes a unique pokemon and with thunders that never miss and rain boosted scalds it will never let you down.

Mega Lanturn:

Typing: Same
Ability: Volt Absorb/Water Absorb/ Illuminate ----> Hydroelectrical armor: Restores HP from Water and Electric type attacks (Water Absorb + Volt Absorb)
Stats: 125/58/58/76/76/67 ----> 125/63/108/100/176/38
Movepool: Recover
Concept: Lanturn no longer looks like an inferior rotom-W. Its typing makes it one of the best anti metagame pokemon and with an awesome ability, heal bell and recover it won't die soon.
Both of these look good approved.

What about Sandslash-Mega? what did you think about it?
Edit: Tangrowth reserved
Looks fine with me must have missed it approved.

I'll give it a shot:

Normal ----> Normal / Flying
Slow Start ----> Aerilate
110/160/110/80/110/100 ---> 110/170/110/80/110/120
New Moves: +Protect
I liked the old one this one is way too OP love the picture tho.

Then, let's keep Hydration for Manaphy and keep everything else? AND YOU DIDN'T CALL AEGISLASH! *shakes fist*

I did one more in the meanwhile. Mega Blissey. I wanted to deviate from the roll Blissey normally plays (since it's already OU) so I made a vast change to its special defense to make it different despite the rules...

Mega Blissey
Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer -> Thick Fat
255/10/10/75/135/55 -> 255/15/95/100/105/70
+ Moonblast

I was thinking to myself, "Great one, how can I differentiate Mega Blissey from Chansey as well as from itself?" The answer is lowered special bulk for a much higher physical bulk. Now, Mega Blissey can become more of a mixed wall than the special walls that Chansey and Blissey are. It also has passable special attack now. Giving it Moonblast also allows you to lower the opponent's special attack. Thick Fat is flavorful because it's chubby and it adds to its bulkiness. I added 5 to its attack for the lulz. If you give it an EV spread of 252/0/136/0/156/0 with a Bold nature gives you nearly equivalent bulk (714 HP and roughly 285 defenses)

If you don't like it, I have an alternative spread. I'm thinking maybe a spread of 255/30/70/100/115/70 to make it still along the similar path but less broken (along with dumping more into its useless attack), but I prefer my original spread.
252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 136-162 (19 - 22.6%) -- possible 5HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery (using your spread)

252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 244-288 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage

Hmm maybe tone done the physical defense a small bit it can still more bulky physically than Chansey thats fine but I think an alternative stat spread would make it less OP.

Ummm....not sure if I should mention this but you forgot about my dusknoir.
Of Course mention it did you just edit into reservation post if so make sure to tag me or else I will have no idea its there

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
acestriker19 Powered down Volc. Does this work?

At any rate...

MEGA-TYRANTRUM

Rock/Dragon
Strong Jaw (Rock Head) ----> Sheer Force
82 HP/ 121 Atk / 119 Def / 69 SpA/ 59 SpD / 71 Spe (BST 521) ----> 82 HP / 161 Atk / 134 Def / 79 SpA / 69 SpD / 96 Spe (BST 621)
New Moves: Outrage, Knock Off.

Concept: We're making Tyrantrum better at wallbreaking and sweeping with Dragon Dance, hopefully. Sheer Force makes sense flavor-wise and lends decent power to Tyrantrum's biting moves while allowing us to trade Stone Edge for Rock Slide (that accuracy has fucked me over way too many times). Outrage is for nuking things. This set appreciates paralysis support. I'll expand on this later.

Last edited:
PM if I missed stuff (I always do XD) Also accidently deleted my original post because I was hallucinating and thought I double posted

View attachment 13791 Mega Dusknoir

Type:Ghost/Dark

Ability:Pressure/Frisk----->Shadow Tag

Base Stats:45/130/135/65/140/30=545

Movepool additions:Shadow Claw,Knock Off,Close Combat

Dusknoir has always been outclassed as a ghost-type wall by Cofagrigus,Jellicent,Rotom,Spiritomb,and even Dusclops!However,with this Mega Evolution Dusknoir will finally have a chance to shine.With 45/135/140 defenses,it can utilize physically or specially defensive sets,thus making the opponent unable to predict what set Dusknoir is running.Shadow Tag also lets it trap Pokemon that it walls such as Medicham,Lucario,some Alakazam,and Talonflame(unless Talonflame is using U-turn).Dusknoir can even go on the offensive,with a good base 130 attack stat,Shadow Claw and Knock off,and more options such as the elemental punches,Brick Break,Rock Slide,Close Combat,and Earthquake.Finally,it's new typing leaves it with one weakness to Fairy,but Dusknoir can still beat most Fairys such as Mega Gardevoir,Mega Mawile,Sylveon,and even Florges.However,Mega Dusknoir is not invincible.Aegislash and Gengar can do major damage to it,and it also has no recovery outside of Pain Split.To make it worse,Mega Dusknoir will also be worn down by entry hazards,and moves such as will-o-wisp and toxic will work wonders on it.Overall,Mega Dusknoir is a great Pokemon given the right support,but also comes with some major flaws.
Shadow Tag... eww it may just be me but Shadow Tag trapping is really uncompetitive especially with a mon with recovery and bulk like Dusknoir I think that something else would be better I really like the moves and stat spread though maybe drop shadow claw and Close Combat and give it iron fist along with drain punch.

Xatu:
Psychic/Flying -> Steel/Flying
Synchronize/Early Bird/Magic Bounce(H) -> Magic Bounce
65/75/70/95/70/95 (bst: 470) -> 65/65/100/115/120/105 (bst: 570)
Added moves: Hurricane, Flash cannon

Finally a magic bouncer that isnt ass.
10/10 can we program it so that that song comes on every time it Mega Evolves XD.

acestriker19 Powered down Volc. Does this work?

At any rate...

MEGA-TYRANTRUM

Rock/Dragon
Strong Jaw (Rock Head) ----> Sheer Force
82 HP/ 121 Atk / 119 Def / 69 SpA/ 59 SpD / 71 Spe (BST 521) ----> 82 HP / 171 Atk / 134 Def / 69 SpA / 69 SpD / 96 Spe (BST 621)
New Moves: Outrage. I might add a couple more.

Concept: We're making Tyrantrum better at wallbreaking and sweeping with Dragon Dance, hopefully. Sheer Force makes sense flavor-wise and lends decent power to Tyrantrum's biting moves while allowing us to trade Stone Edge for Rock Slide (that accuracy has fucked me over way too many times). Outrage is for nuking things. This set appreciates paralysis support. I'll expand on this later.
A little scary in the attack department as along with Sheer Force it is more powerful than mega mawile maybe drop 20ish points of Attack in Special Attack. Volc looks good for now but it might have to be nerfed later.

I'm swifter than your post. Stats reassigned and Dark snake is currently disabled.
Kobra X looks good approved.

Edit: In the silence just before the storm begins again I'd like to thanks everyone for participating in this meta we have gotten 83 megas done in 7 hours thats really impressive at this rate we should be done in no time :). Also I'm reserving Eelektross cause I have time to write now :].

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mega Mime literally the cutest

Psychic / Fairy ----> Unchanged
Soundproof / Filter / Technician (HA) ----> Prankster
Original Base Stat Total 460 - 40 / 45 / 65 / 100 / 120 / 90 ---> Mega Base Stat Total 560 - 40 / 30 / 95 / 130 / 155 / 110
New Moves: Recover, Moonblast, Topsy-Turvy

Concept: I went ahead and kept its typing because it was just changed this gen, and it seemed excessive to change it again. Prankster is really fitting flavor-wise because that's what mimes do. Stat-wise, I tried to give it mostly boosted bulk to make it more resilient because my concept was sort of an offensive supporting Pokemon that can come in and take a couple of hits and then fuck around with the opponent's team priority Encore, Topsy-Turvy, Copycat, Taunt, etc. It can also support your own team with priority Healing Wish and Dual Screens. You can also use a Prankster Calm Mind set! The new moves I gave Mr. Mime were Recover, which makes plenty of sense flavor-wise and makes Mr. Mime loads better competitively; Moonblast, which every goddamn Fairy should get like seriously; and Topsy-Turvy, which is one of the coolest reasons to use it because you no longer have to rely on shitty Malamar for such a cool move and it makes sense flavor-wise because Mr. Mime is a mime.

The idea of Mega Mr. Mime was just to utilize it as a cool offensive supporting Pokemon. It has a lot of great supporting moves, but its abilities and movepool tend to hold it back. With these changes, it has a lot of potential. Also, there will probably be loads of sweepers and walls in this huge group of new Mega Evolutions, so Mega Mr. Mime will likely be a very unique addition to the metagame. Plus it's cute as fuck.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
did scrafty, suggestions appreciated :).

Also, druddigon's ability could probably be changed to tough claws with no problem, although i'd probably want to boost its base attack a bit more and take like 20 out of its spa in that case.

Scrafty
Dark/Fighting
Shed Skin/Moxie/Intimidate ----> Simple
65/90/115/45/115/58 ----> 65/100/140/65/140/78

Scrafty's main problems when it comes to sweeping are its mediocre Speed stat and somewhat low amount of power, this mega attempts to remedy that with a combination of minor boosts to both stats and a brand new ability that makes it significantly more threatening: simple. Now instead of occasionally having to set up multiple Dragon Dances to become threatening in a metagame that's very unkind to it, mega Scrafty can easily reach +2 +2 in one turn with simple Dragon Dance and its significantly buffed 65/140/140 defenses and Intimidate/Shed Skin abilities pre mega, then run through the remains of a weakened team, or even the entirety of an unprepared one.

As for flavor, Simple makes perfect sense for scrafty imo, just because of the expression that it usually has, idk, it just looks kinda unfocused/simple minded to me lol. Not to mention the fact that it's apparently bashing its head into things 24/7 according to its pre evos pokedex entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)