Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of /resist, could there be some way to search for Pokemon that resist certain type combinations? It's quite useful when teambuilding and you want to cover weaknesses. eg. My team is weak to Fire and Ground, and using this command gives a list of Pokemon that resist these types?
Usually type resistances and effectiveness should be common knowledge if you're teambuilding. However if such a command is implemented I'd expect it'd be fairly low priority.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Usually type resistances and effectiveness should be common knowledge if you're teambuilding. However if such a command is implemented I'd expect it'd be fairly low priority.
You could argue the same that weaknesses of each type should be common knowledge as well. Even then, /weak is used for convenience and /resist would be as well. I support scorpdestroyer's suggestion and expect that command would get fair usage.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can you fix the bug where it displays the needs to recharge message even if the move missed or was blocked by protect?

I suggest to make Méga-Pokémon stats noticeable. When your mouse goes on a Méga-Pokémon, it displays the stats of the non-Méga Pokémon. That is not convenient at all when players don't know the stats of Méga-evolved Pokémon and want for example to know if they can wall or kill such-and-such Pokémon.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I suggest to make Méga-Pokémon stats noticeable. When your mouse goes on a Méga-Pokémon, it displays the stats of the non-Méga Pokémon. That is not convenient at all when players don't know the stats of Méga-evolved Pokémon and want for example to know if they can wall or kill such-and-such Pokémon.
This is a coding issue and is known, it cannot be easily updated currently.

On the turn after the pokemon mega-evolves it should change to the right stats.
I tested it here:
Before Mega Evolving: http://prntscr.com/3wkupg The turn after Mega Evolving: http://prntscr.com/3wkuvw

GAWOSSS

Banned deucer.
I suggest chats you can make. Not like chats already on PS but like chats like pm chats but instead of only being able to tAlk to one person at once in the pm you can pm two people the same thing at once and it wound be like a friend chat room to invite your friends to to have a chat. If you don.t want to talk with random guys.

I suggest chats you can make. Not like chats already on PS but like chats like pm chats but instead of only being able to tAlk to one person at once in the pm you can pm two people the same thing at once and it wound be like a friend chat room to invite your friends to to have a chat. If you don.t want to talk with random guys.
I know one user who is working on coding this exact thing with a limit of around 15 users but I'm not exactly sure what strain this could put on the server if everyone instantly gained the ability to create their own little chatroom. If this was to happen I'd suggest a few security measure like making the rooms expire if no one talks for a certain period of time to reduce unnecessary rooms.

GAWOSSS

Banned deucer.
i suggest better battle back rounds ps has had the same old battle back rounds since it was made and they don.t look six gen at all and look bad with 3d models can.t you like use backgrounds from the actual games.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Obvious troll post (hi Steel!! ♡) but the ability to put non-standard characters into your username was removed for the most part. This stemmed from two main things iirc. People using inverse exclamation point as an i to imitate users and obnoxious names that would stretch across chat.

I have a suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to prevent people from getting Xerneas in random battles.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-135544162
I was the one sweeping with X and I must say that it was way too easy, in fact, this has happened with me several times. I haven't been posting other replays because I feel it would make the person who lost feel worse.
Maybe it would also be a good idea to make different RB tiers?

Concerning the ban of non-alphanumerics characters, I suggest the unban of french, spanish, portuguese, danish, swedish (etc..) accents, like é, ô, ù or á and their families. You can't impersonnate some one like that and a lot of users where forced to change their name.

Concerning the ban of non-alphanumerics characters, I suggest the unban of french, spanish, portuguese, danish, swedish (etc..) accents, like é, ô, ù or á and their families. You can't impersonnate some one like that and a lot of users where forced to change their name.
The problem wasn't impersonation as much as that spammers were making similar names to users so that when we tabcompleted them, we'd tabcomplete the actual user instead and the wrong user would get banned or locked. If we made these legal again then spammers would once again take advantage of this.

Yeah but what is a player called "Léah" or "Cälderón" supposed to do ? "lah" and "cldern" does not look like nothing at all

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah but what is a player called "Léah" or "Cälderón" supposed to do ? "lah" and "cldern" does not look like nothing at all
"Leah" and "Calderon" are fine substitutes. For what it's worth, we had a consistent problem user impersonating Crestfall using a "é" instead of a "e".

I have a suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to prevent people from getting Xerneas in random battles.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-135544162
I was the one sweeping with X and I must say that it was way too easy, in fact, this has happened with me several times. I haven't been posting other replays because I feel it would make the person who lost feel worse.
Maybe it would also be a good idea to make different RB tiers?
Just because it may be a little easy to sweep with Xerneas does not mean that it should be banned in Random Battles. That's part of the fun about Random Battles anyway.

Crestfall

Just because it may be a little easy to sweep with Xerneas does not mean that it should be banned in Random Battles. That's part of the fun about Random Battles anyway.
Not entirelt true. Random battles while partially strategy but always some luck, do have balancing ideal. Different Ievels are given for a reason. Certain mons with certain items and certain moves. It's not that in depth but trust me it's there. However I do feel Xern is a bit overbearing even flr randoms (so is bloody sawsbuck with swords dance or huntail but that's another rant). Tagging Relados to see if he agrees with a hypothetical xern change. If so I'd personally weigh in on non-herb geomancy being possible or a cleric (moonblast/heal bell/+2 - restochesto?)

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd much rather see Xerneas have a lower custom level than see it be removed from appearing in random battles. I've played quite a number of them to know that Xerneas is powerful but by no means is broken unless you just happen to get a team without anything at all that can respond to it (and losing because of a team incapable of handling a specific threat is one thing that will always be constant in randoms anyway). Sigilyph is more dangerous, in my experience.

Crestfall

Agreed, but is there precendence or any stopping you from giving a level under 70? Unless its 74 right now then a 4 level drop wouldn't hurt. Also fuck sigilyph. And sigilyph being worse isn't the best justification to stray from 'nerfing' Xern.

How much does a 4 level drop take down stats? Enough so xern misses a few previous OHKOs on neutral types?

Last edited:
I have a suggested strategy for gourgeist super size:moves leech seed
Shadowball/will o wisp/toxic
Shadow sneak
Substitute/protect
Item:leftovers
Nature careful
Half in def half in sp def and the rest in hp
Nicknamed vampire pumpkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)