Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Global
1. Be nice to people. Respect people. Don't be rude to people.

Simple question: To what extend is the rule being enforced?

I swear very few players follow the above rule, some mods don't follow it, and sometimes I lose my will to follow it too. I experiment with a team I through together and some player comes in and make snarky remarks just because my team is flawed or not 100% competitive. And apparently if your username is a scramble of letters, you don't get treated well either. I have no more tolerance for this treatment or snobby mindset and want to quit playing on Showdown because of it. I'm not enjoying the community on Showdown thanks to some users.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Global
1. Be nice to people. Respect people. Don't be rude to people.

Simple question: To what extend is the rule being enforced?

I swear very few players follow the above rule, some mods don't follow it, and sometimes I lose my will to follow it too. I experiment with a team I through together and some player comes in and make snarky remarks just because my team is flawed or not 100% competitive. And apparently if your username is a scramble of letters, you don't get treated well either. I have no more tolerance for this treatment or snobby mindset and want to quit playing on Showdown because of it. I'm not enjoying the community on Showdown thanks to some users.
If some users are being mean and you find it too annoying, contact a staff member (Those with % @ & or ~). The staff cant really do anything about it except giving a warning hoping they'll stop. If a mod is being mean, then go ahead and pm a Leader or admin.

I did, but I was rude back to the ones who were rude to me then I was locked by the mod without a warning. I shouldn't have to put up with this on a weekly basis, I've lost my tolerance, the rule is poorly enforced, and too many users are unfriendly.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I did, but I was rude back to the ones who were rude to me then I was locked by the mod without a warning. I shouldn't have to put up with this on a weekly basis, I've lost my tolerance, the rule is poorly enforced, and too many users are unfriendly.
Like said, if you feel like you're being treated unfairly by a moderator, report the action to a Leader (&) or Administrator (~)

If you go to this forum you can explain if you were locked/banned unfairly.

"Your IP is known for abuse and has been locked. If you're using a proxy, don't."

so i'm know locked from talking on all PS! servers and of course i don't know why. i've never used a proxy... ?.?

"Your IP is known for abuse and has been locked. If you're using a proxy, don't."

so i'm know locked from talking on all PS! servers and of course i don't know why. i've never used a proxy... ?.?
If you know you aren't using a proxy, then that means your IP is dynamic and has landed in a blacklisted range. You can try resetting your router or if you're on a phone, connecting it to a wifi network rather than using your own 3g/4g.

If you know you aren't using a proxy, then that means your IP is dynamic and has landed in a blacklisted range. You can try resetting your router or if you're on a phone, connecting it to a wifi network rather than using your own 3g/4g.
fixed, thanks :]

I feel you. I've tried to teach myself to just write things like "lol" and then /ignore the guy, and if he's really bad I'll report him (and that way, I haven't done anything to get myself locked too). It's frustrating, and you totally shouldn't have to put up with that kind of shit from players, but unfortunately the only way to enforce that rule is for mods to deal with the rule breakers after the fact, so the best option is to make yourself look as good as possible and then report.

At times I honestly have considered /ignore-ing every player I get matched against before anyone has a chance to say anything, but I've found that occasionally I'll get a chat message from a friendly so I haven't quite decided it's worth it to go that far yet. But I'm definitely close.

I know I sound like a noob, and that's because I am. But how do I find my COIL rating for a Suspect Test? I don't know how, sorry.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know I sound like a noob, and that's because I am. But how do I find my COIL rating for a Suspect Test? I don't know how, sorry.
Just type '/rank' into a chat like the lobby and it will show all of your ratings for each tier. You just need to look for the right tier and type of rating (in your case COIL for the rating).

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The client is working fine for me, but I can't seem to use PS in browser for some reason. I'd like to be able to use other servers. Does anybody know why this is happening?

I had an ability idea called skirmisher, which increases the priority of attacking moves with a base power of 40 or lower by 1 (don't worry, I plan to apply it discreetly). However, it came out defective and caused the game to crash every time I sent out a pokemon with the ability. The coding I used is listed below, and it would great if one of you would help me correct whatever problem may have come up.

"skirmisher": {

desc: "This Pokemon's Weaker (40 or less power) moves have their priority increased by 1 stage.",

shortDesc: "This Pokemon's Weaker moves have their priority increased by 1.",

onModifyPriority: function (priority, pokemon, target, move) {

if (basePower <= 40) {

return priority + 1;

}

},

id: "skirmisher",

name: "Skirmisher",

rating: 4.5,

num: 158

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)