Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are ladder ranks being reset;if they ever are? I cant /rank without spamming myself so...yeah
Also, can one ask for personal ladder reset individually?

When are ladder ranks being reset;if they ever are? I cant /rank without spamming myself so...yeah
Also, can one ask for personal ladder reset individually?
Definitely with new generations, but more on that can be found here. Personal resets aren't done - I suggest you use an alt for that. It is in plans though.

What will happen the first days oras is out cause the 3d models for new megas will not be ripped by then so we will have 3d models turning into 2d sprites is that whats going to happen?

What will happen the first days oras is out cause the 3d models for new megas will not be ripped by then so we will have 3d models turning into 2d sprites is that whats going to happen?
There will probably be static images of the Pokemon from the games until the sprites are ripped.

On PS their is a cloning system

I'm not sure how it works, but I think it's like ask someone to clone for you and if they scam you report to the MODS???? .

But . I need to clone a pokemon but I'm confused with this system if someone knows what am I talking about please answer.

Thanks

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Umm, my question was ignored...oh, and I have another one -

When will Volcanion's sprite be perfected? It has a white thing around it, and it is really irritating...

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
The title is pretty self-explanatory, if they're Uber, why are they usable in OU Monotype?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-158481644 In this replay you can see Genesect in the mono-steel team, why?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-158611383 And in this one, Shaymin-S is used in a mono-grass one

Well, as the title says, it's OU Monotype, so why are Uber Pokemon in this tier?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-xy-read-post-393-for-tiering-updates.3493087

There's a thread for monotype, and somewhere in the more recent pages genesect and skymin were unbanned for certain types.

EDIT:
so as all you know, the changes are live on the server and the three main additions are Genesect, Kyurem-White and Shaymin-Sky. Some people had been asking me today "why test all three together, it wont be able to determine if another broken thing is keeping another broken thing in check" and the answer is this:
[12:58:05] Nani Man: what i had imagined was an influx of the same types (bug/steel) assuming we just released genesect and not the other two (kyurem-white/shaymin-sky)
[12:58:25] Nani Man: but if we released the other two with genesect, it would promote diversity
[12:58:27] Nani Man: and a good measure
[12:58:31] Nani Man: in the small duration we have
One at a time is typically how it goes, but Monotype is very different and that is not plausible. If we had just released Genesect, all you would see is bug/steel spam and not really measure the metagame as a whole. Releasing those three among the former pokemon previously banned (aegi/mawilite/deo) gives incentive to use other types and allow us to observe the metagame on a larger scale. Also, just to mention this again, post away your replays and thoughts as it will be easier for us as a community to observe.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Umm, my question was ignored...oh, and I have another one -

When will Volcanion's sprite be perfected? It has a white thing around it, and it is really irritating...
When our master spriter, Layell and the others working on the sprites get to it. As of now, it's not really top priority, as it's unreleased (IIRC) yet if you wanted to submit it as a sprite mistake, or to be fixed, post it here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ps-model-fixing-thread-now-with-100-more-shiny.3500358/ or try to help out yourself and try to make it.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On PS their is a cloning system

I'm not sure how it works, but I think it's like ask someone to clone for you and if they scam you report to the MODS???? .

But . I need to clone a pokemon but I'm confused with this system if someone knows what am I talking about please answer.

Thanks
This system is unique to the Wi-Fi room. You can request one of their approved cloners to help you clone one of your Pokemon.

Last edited:

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Will there be free for all's be implemented on PS!?
If by free-for-all you mean a 1v1v1v1 arranged in a Doubles placement, then not any time soon. This has been brought up plenty of times, but it is too much of a hassle for the programmers to develop iirc.

When you block a user then log off, that means that user is unblocked so when you log on later that guy can continue to harass you.
So my question is, are blocks gonna ever be permanent?
I also heard about the friends list being in the works so will a blocks list also be implemented so that we can have a list of users that we've blocked?

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
When you block a user then log off, that means that user is unblocked so when you log on later that guy can continue to harass you.
So my question is, are blocks gonna ever be permanent?
I also heard about the friends list being in the works so will a blocks list also be implemented so that we can have a list of users that we've blocked?
I hope a report button will be done too.

Would it be possible to add a *Forgot Password?* thing to the login on Pokemon Showdown? Because I have forgotten my password a few times and I'd appreciate a method of resetting it other than waiting for a mod to respond to my messages

Would it be possible to add a *Forgot Password?* thing to the login on Pokemon Showdown? Because I have forgotten my password a few times and I'd appreciate a method of resetting it other than waiting for a mod to respond to my messages
I don't really see this working without changing the login system altogether. Right now making accounts uses no form of email verification and so I don't see any way of retrieving a password for an account.

The main issue with email verification is that it would mean we'd have to start enforcing COPPA again, which no one really wants to do.

Why is it impossible at the moment to watch a battle that's just begun?

When you click "watch a battle" every battle on the list is already at turn 20 or 30 or even further. I haven't managed to join a battle at turn 1 or 2 for the last three days now.

Why is it impossible at the moment to watch a battle that's just begun?

When you click "watch a battle" every battle on the list is already at turn 20 or 30 or even further. I haven't managed to join a battle at turn 1 or 2 for the last three days now.
I have been having the same issue myself. I am glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Are there any plans to fix Gen 1's bugs? They were brought up back in January, but nothing's happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)