350 Cup

The problem with Inkay is its horrible Speed and defenses, along with the fact that it gets locked into unfavorable moves at bad times. It's also super weak and struggles to boost at times. Definitely not banworthy, still //ok//, but fairly mediocre in practice.

Lets hope I do this correctly (Im new to forums & stuff)

So, anyway I want to show a few calcs I made.
+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Inkay Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 420-495 (116.6 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO If you can BP +6 ATK onto Inkay it destroys Spritzee.
+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Inkay Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee through Reflect: 210-247 (58.3 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
You can 2HKO through Reflect, if you manage to not take a Moonblast to the face x.x
252+ Atk Life Orb Pawniard Iron Head vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Inkay: 133-157 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Inkay: 161-191 (64.4 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Pawniard Brick Break vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Inkay: 83-99 (33.2 - 39.6%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Pawniard Pursuit vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Inkay: 66-79 (26.4 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Inkay can take a few hits from Pawniard. I dont know what Pawniard runs, so I used an LC moveset :P
196+ Atk Hustle Darumaka Rock Slide vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Inkay: 159-188 (63.6 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Inkay is OHKO'd by everything else in Darumaka's LC moveset
Yes, I messed around with the calc and changed the base stats so these would be pretty accurate. So I guess what I'm trying to say is BAN INKAY
EDIT:
I used banned Pokemon to show how OP Inkay is.
How does a +6 calc, being ohko'd by all of darumaka's moves, and so on make is broken at all? Lol.

To bring the conversation back to seriousness, let's discuss Elegyem vs Abra. Abra is faster, and can run magic guard + life orb, but Elgyem has actual bulk, and a great ability in a analytic

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Watch it lose by one again...and to hidden type, stall circlejerk is OMs at least on the forums.

I dont even want to compare abra and elgyem, they are wallbreakers that have radically different modes of operation. On most of my teams, which are bulky offense or balanced, i would rather elgyem.

I've decided this. I'd rather use neither! LOLOL Elgyem. It might not have the massive SpA and Spe of Abra, but It has better defenses (Elgyem 55/55/55, compared to Abra 25/15/55). Elgyem has a decent Atk stat, in which Abra lacks. Abra can learn physical moves, but can't use them effectively, compared to Elgyem, who can use Physical moves more effectively. Elgyem has a decent ability to go with its HORRIBLE Spe stat of 30, Analytic. Give it 0 IVs and EVs, and a speed lowering nature, and you got yourself a monster. So, Elgyem's movepool go together with it's stats, has a very useful ability. Abra's movepool and stats could be better, however its ability (Magic Guard) is flawless.

Elgyem: 9 out of 10.

Abra: 5 out of 10.

EDIT: Am I the only one who is weirded out by the fact that Elgyem can lern Steel Wing? What is it, a Demon hiding inside of a cute-ish body? o.o

Last edited:
Elgyem or Abra? Hmm... How about... Unown??

106-148-106-148-106-106

In all seriousness, some Pokemon get ridiculous stats.

Shieldon
60-84-236-84-176-60

I know Shieldon has a terrible typing, however the bulk is massive- the defence stat even exceeding shuckle's defence.

Voltorb
80-60-100-110-110-200

Although it's offensive and defensive stats are not as good as other Pokemon in this meta, it's massive 200 base speed outspeeds literally everything without a scarf or speed boost.

Snorunt
100-100-100-100-100-100

Who needs a mew, celebi, jirachi, manaphy or victini when you can have snorunt?

Last edited:
I've decided this. I'd rather use neither! LOLOL Elgyem. It might not have the massive SpA and Spe of Abra, but It has better defenses (Elgyem 55/55/55, compared to Abra 25/15/55). Elgyem has a decent Atk stat, in which Abra lacks. Abra can learn physical moves, but can't use them effectively, compared to Elgyem, who can use Physical moves more effectively. Elgyem has a decent ability to go with its HORRIBLE Spe stat of 30, Analytic. Give it 0 IVs and EVs, and a speed lowering nature, and you got yourself a monster. So, Elgyem's movepool go together with it's stats, has a very useful ability. Abra's movepool and stats could be better, however its ability (Magic Guard) is flawless.

Elgyem: 9 out of 10.

Abra: 5 out of 10.

EDIT: Am I the only one who is weirded out by the fact that Elgyem can lern Steel Wing? What is it, a Demon hiding inside of a cute-ish body? o.o

I would assume that Elgyem can only learn Steel Wing because it learned the same TM number in gen 5, and they forgot to fix it whent he TM changed.

Defensive Pokemon in the 350 Cup metagame.

So, I had this idea to do a community guide that will get a spoiler tag in the first post. Basically, what you do is write about a Pokemon that works defensively, and if it's a good article, it gets into the guide. You have to write about the uses of the Pokemon, and the specific purpose it serves towards defensive teams.

Since this is currently on vote for being OM of the Month, I'd like to ask:

If it gets voted in as OMotM, will it be XY 350 Cup or ORAS 350 Cup? I presume that would partly depend on whether or not Primordial Sea, Desolate Land, and Delta Stream are properly implemented by that time. The reason I bring this up, though, is a number of moves become available to Gen VI Pokémon, and some previously incompatible move combinations and move/ability combinations become legal. The most notable one I can think of off the top of my head is that Superpower is compatible with Hustle on Rufflet, as it gets Superpower by Move Tutor in ORAS.

If available, I would prefer to do ORAS just because it's newer content. If that's not possible due to simulator reasons, than it's not possible. In other news, you guys should vote for 350 cup for OMOTM!

So since Spritzee is banned, does that make Eevee a reasonable choice of cleric? With reasonably solid 110/100/130 bulk, decent base 110 Speed, and access to both Wish and Heal Bell, Eevee seems to be relatively well-equipped for healing duty. And it has Adaptability Return off of its 110 base Attack to make it not Taunt bait. It also has Baton Pass to prevent foes from trapping it, along with Work Up and Curse to give it boosts to pass to allies. Oh, also it might be able to succeed at Toxic stall if that's still a thing in this meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)