Latias (F) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Defog

So M-Ampharos has always been really neat to me, but it's held back by its movepool. However, Latias has a great movepool for our little electric dragon. First of all, it has Draco now, along with reliable recovery! It also gets neat BoltBeam coverage to go along with it. However, Defog is also a good option if you need it. Overall a neat mon Speaking of latis...

Flygon @ Latiosite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power / Defog / U-Turn
- Fire Blast / Defog / U-Turn
- Roost / U-Turn / Defog

...Flygon also provides a neat movepool for Mega Lati. I chose Latios for this but Latias is also an option. Draco is Draco and the main STAB. I haven't decided what would be best, but it gets access to Earth Power and Fire Blast thanks to Flygon, which is really good. It also gets U-Turn for shenanigans and keeps Defog and Roost because of it. Finally, burd

Talonflame @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost / U-Turn
- Will-o-Wisp / Bulk Up / Taunt

The biggest thing that pops to me from this is that, on the turn you Mega, you have Gale Wings Tough Claws Brave Bird. Damn. Flare Blitz is good coverage and gets the TC boost. Roost is for longevaty, as Aero actually has decent bulk. However, U-Turn is also an option (gets TC boost too :o ). The last slot is a mixed bag - Wisp gives it a lot of utility. Bulk Up is a cute set-up move that works well in Sand. Taunt is to be a decent stall breaker. Overall a cool mon.

Also unfixable I think Masquerain would work better over Beautifly. It has better coverage and even intimidate pre-mega, which is always cute. It also has exactly 70 HP compared to Beuti's 60, which makes it overall bulkier (Sceptile has 70 so its all cool) Maybe a set of QD / Hydro / Ice Beam / Giga Drain or something?

Eevee General, my suggestion for the HP issue is that a Pokemon with a mega stone would have the same base HP as the mega it evolves into. For example, a Blissey holding an Aggronite would have 70 base HP instead of 255. Since the mega stone cannot be tricked or knocked off, you wouldn't have to worry about a Pokemon's HP changing. This would make things less restrictive than having to make sure the base HP of the Pokemon holding the stone is less than that of the Pokemon it mega evolves into.

Lucario @ Salamencite
Ability: Justified -> Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

This is a set that I can seriously see ending up broken. With an insane 120 speed, and Lots of power after a Swords Dance, Megamence can hit the metagame hard with aerilate extreme speeds and powerful coverage moves.

Edit:

Eevee General, my suggestion for the HP issue is that a Pokemon with a mega stone would have the same base HP as the mega it evolves into. For example, a Blissey holding an Aggronite would have 70 base HP instead of 255. Since the mega stone cannot be tricked or knocked off, you wouldn't have to worry about a Pokemon's HP changing. This would make things less restrictive than having to make sure the base HP of the Pokemon holding the stone is less than that of the Pokemon it mega evolves into.
That wouldn't really work though wouldn't it? You could then run things like 108 base hp Shuckle and still get your mega. The ability to freely change HP would kind of change the purpose of the meta.

This is a pretty cool meta! There's a lot of potential for some neat sets here. Here's one of mine:

Vespiquen (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Defog
- Heal Order
- Aerial Ace / Theif

The basic idea here is that performs the same role as your usual defog mega Scizor, but with some slight changes that allow it to be more offensive. Fell Stinger is now a great option because it hits fairly hard, and can raise your attack, allowing you to hit even harder! Aerial Ace / Theif your coverage moves for this set. The reason I chose to invest in special defence rather than defence was because it already has some good defence without investment.

This is a pretty cool meta! There's a lot of potential for some neat sets here. Here's one of mine:

Vespiquen (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Defog
- Heal Order
- Aerial Ace / Theif

The basic idea here is that performs the same role as your usual defog mega Scizor, but with some slight changes that allow it to be more offensive. Fell Stinger is now a great option because it hits fairly hard, and can raise your attack, allowing you to hit even harder! Aerial Ace / Theif your coverage moves for this set. The reason I chose to invest in special defence rather than defence was because it already has some good defence without investment.
The problem with this set is that while you have Fell Stinger with Technician giving you 45 base power, 45 isn't THAT good. Not to mention that it will only boost your stats when you knock out your opponent. This means that it is strictly limited to revenge killing.

I'm going to chip in my 2 cents to the HP problem by suggesting the use of percentages.

For example, Blissey has 714 HP with full investment. Let's say it takes 16.8% from an Abomasnow's blizzard. Now it has 83.2% HP left.
252+ SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 120-142 (16.8 - 19.8%) -- guaranteed 6HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

If blissey chooses to mega evolve into abomasnow the next turn, make the new HP stat equal to

round-down((current HP/total HP)*(new Max HP))

So in this case,

~0.832*344, rounded down, so the new Mega Aggron will have 286 HP left on the turn it mega evolves. I dunno if this option has been considered or not, but if not, then *maybe* this could work?

Fun looking metagame. To be honest I would consider for fun allow 2 megas in one team just to let people have more fun trying to test out new ideas. Plus it's all around megas here, so why not doable the fun. Although I admit this may sound controversial, so you may totally ignore this suggestions. Posting one of my ideas and when I'll think of something new, I'll add some sets here.

Ninetales @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Flash Fire -> Drought
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball / Solar Power
- Hidden Power Ground / Flame Charge

Charizard Y is already hard to wall, but more defensive teams (like full stall) may work around it and throw in something like Assault Vest Slowking to handle it. Well, not anymore. With this set anything slower melts. Power this thing brings is immense and pretty much nothing can handle fire STAB here unless it's immune to it, so you don't really need good coverage in first place. Charizard Y lacks really strong boosting move, so this set fixes it. You may use it in few ways depending on some move choices. Calm Mind is an alternative as well, but lack of leftovers and recovery move from Ninetales movepool hurts, so I wouldn't bother, but this additional special bulk in some cases may come in handy.

The best way to use it is to switch on fire move to gain boost from Flash Fire (and have the ability to scare thing away for set-up) and demolish anything slower (plus Drought will power you up even more). To make this thing work for 100%, Sticky Web is appreciated so no random scarfer will ruin your fun. Also Baton Passing speed is all this thing needs, so this should work as well if you can do it. Flamethrower I would say is better choice as you have so much power that additional damage boost from Fire Blast isn't really neccesary and you prefer accuracy. But if you still just want to be able to hit hard right of the bat, Fire Blast is alternative. Ninetales access to Energy Ball is also pretty cool thing, as no random weather change (Politoad, Tyranitar) will ruin your fun and at +2 it should hit them really, REALLY hard. But if you don't care about this and just want slightly more power, Solarbeam is still perfectly fine choice. Hidden Power Ground is mostly for Heatran, which otherwise would wall you. However if you don't care about Heatran (SuperPower Scizor to bait it, Dugtrio support) Flame Charge is ok alternative to boost up your speed so it works as a pseudo double dancing set.

To rephrase what Throbulator amongst others has said: it is absolutely possible to have a Pokemon just straight up change HP during Mega Evolution on Showdown. Stat Switch's initial code was doing exactly that -which was incorrect, but relevant to this.

Re: my own suggestion

I'll post it in submission if... this post and the original post total 6+ likes between them. Just because like two people think it's cool doesn't mean everyone does, and I don't wanna derail this thread further. So: likes.

Or I guess people could post on my profile page or something I dunno.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I've been talking to The Immortal about the HP issue and coding, but maybe he can give the thread some insight into how it works. I'll also tag Slayer95 and Joim too in case they have words to offer as well.

Right now, the meta works as follows: the base forme's HP must be equal to or less than the mega's HP. So Shedinja can mega evolve into anything while Blissey can mega evolve into nothing. If there is a way to "shrink" or somehow redistribute HP (possibly via aesf 's idea) I'd be open to hearing it from one of the programmers, but if not, let's just continue with how it works right now. In terms of creativity, there are still TONS of options. Pokemon with wide move pools and low HP and that can function well on their own are very valuable in this metagame. Think Gengar (base 60), Starmie (60), Sableye (50), and Alakazam (55), who have lots of attacking and support options. Or there are setup-oriented Pokemon like Cloyster (50), Shuckle (20), and Scrafty (65) that aren't completely dead weight either.

Edit: OP updated.

Kejmur 's idea about two megas per team is interesting, but I'm worried it would hard to manage if your opponent brought two Shell Smashers that mega evolve into things like Tyranitar and Garchomp respectively. There's nothing holding you back from having more than one mega stone per team, however! That way you can wait to see what the opponent has and mega evolve accordingly. That strategy is already a thing in standards, but I think it applies even more here. Stock your team with megas stones: one that's good at offense and one at defense. And here's a hilarious thought: give Ditto a mega stone. Did that just blow your mind?

Lastly, here's another fun idea:

Zoroark @ Houndoominite / Absolite / Scizorite / Charizardite-Y / Sharpedonite
Ability: Illusion -> ?
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Timid / Modest / Adamant Nature
- Nasty Plot / Swords Dance
- Night Daze / Knock Off / Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower / U-turn
- Focus Blast / Low Kick

Talk about mind games. Bluff your potential mega evolution twice thanks to Illusion.

Someone posted a Beedrill set earlier, but here's an alternative with a little different coverage.

Primeape @ Beedrillite
Ability: Defiant -> Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Protect / Fire Punch / Filler

+1 or +2 Beedrill thanks to Defiant. Get good metagame.

Last edited:
I think it would be a good idea to allow multiple Pokemon to mega evolve or possibly allow all 6 to do so since mega evolutions are likely to be even more powerful in comparison to Pokemon that don't mega evolve. If only one Pokemon can mega evolve, it kind of causes the game to revolve around just that one Pokemon because the other 5 are so inferior.

That wouldn't really work though wouldn't it? You could then run things like 108 base hp Shuckle and still get your mega. The ability to freely change HP would kind of change the purpose of the meta.
Maybe make it so that the base HP changes only if the HP for the base form is higher than the HP of the Pokemon it could potentially mega evolve into. So a Blissey holding an Aggronite would have its base HP decreased to 70, but a Shuckle holding it would not get an HP increase.

These might be some fun sets to try:

Chatot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sing
- Nasty Plot
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave

Scolipede @ Beedrillite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Scrafty @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- High Jump Kick
- Filler

This one may be too suicidal though...

Last edited:
So I did a thing. I hope it helps.
  • 50: Diancie, Sableye
  • 55: Alakazam
  • 60: Medicham
  • 64: Banette
  • 65: Absol, Beedrill, Lopunny
  • 68: Gallade
  • 70: Aggron, Camerupt, Manectric, Sceptile, Scizor, Sharpedo
  • 75: Houndoom, Steelix
  • 78: Charizard
  • 79: Blastoise
  • 80: Aerodactyl, Heracross, Latias, Latios, Metagross, Venusaur
  • 83: Pidgeot
  • 90: Abomasnow, Ampharos
  • 95: Gyarados, Slowbro
  • 100: Swampert, Tyranitar
  • 103: Audino
  • 108: Garchomp
Anything not listed is banned in OU, has a -ate ability, is Smeargle, or otherwise can mega into anything.

51-55 (Alakazam and above):
Vanillish, Farfetch'd, Deino, Piplup, Inkay, Frogadier, Pumpkaboo-L, Floette, Tirtouga, Kingler, Swadloon, Wooper, Sneasel, Aipom, Skiploom, Woobat, Nidoran♀, Togetic, Roggenrola, Corsola, Raticate, Ledian, Archen, Turtwig, Minccino, Seadra, Buneary, Larvesta, Emolga, Growlithe, Frillish, Huntail, Eevee, Oshawott, Gourgeist-S, Alakazam, Staravia, Buizel, Elgyem, Gorebyss, Graveler, Bergmite, Cubchoo, Mareep

56-60 (Medicham and above):
Chespin, Bronzor, Klefki, Charmeleon, Cofagrigus, Durant, Gible, Quilava, Tyrunt, Pumpkaboo-XL, Doublade, Braixen, Bidoof, Golett, Wartortle, Breloom, Beautifly, Servine, Shroomish, Combusken, Snover, Watchog, Aegislash, Probopass, Drilbur, Teddiursa, Snubbull, Mismagius, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Scolipede, Lairon, Whimsicott, Krokorok, Medicham, Hoothoot, Zoroark, Plusle, Gothorita, Minun, Bayleef, Roserade, Deerling, Slakoth, Numel, Spoink, Spinda, Kabutops, Dustox, Klinklang, Lampent, Pachirisu, Chandelure, Starmie, Lombre, Wormadam, Marowak, Bastiodon, Exeggcute, Electrode, Ivysaur, Luxio, Drowzee, Gengar (banned mega), Claydol, Swellow, Dodrio, Butterfree, Pelipper, Raichu, Kecleon, Metang, Venonat, Parasect, Gloom, Arbok, Klang

61-64 (Banette and above):
Nidorino, Ninjask, Dragonair, Quilladin, Tranquill, Ducklett, Heliolisk, Litleo, Espurr, Swirlix, Fletchinder, Stunky, Pidgeotto, Crawdaunt, Liepard, Whismur, Prinplup, Banette, Monferno

65 (Absol et al. and above):
Magmar, Jynx, Gourgeist-M, Beedrill, Volbeat, Duosion, Fearow, Xatu, Tepig, Lopunny, Jolteon, Dragalge, Absol, Chimecho, Scrafty, Flareon, Mienshao, Tangela, Shelgon, Yanma, Electabuzz, Weezing, Pinsir, Bisharp, Primeape, Poliwhirl, Persian, Espeon, Leafeon, Skarmory, Mantine, Glaceon, Illumise, Gligar, Croconaw, Qwilfish, Eelektrik, Porygon, Seel, Herdier, Rapidash, Weepinbell

66-68 (Gallade and above):
Fraxure, Lileep, Skiddo, Dedenne, Pancham, Swoobat, Cranidos, Bronzong, Sliggoo, Gabite, Gardevoir, Hippopotas

69-70 (Aggron et al. and above):
Foongus, Lumineon, Sharpedo, Froslass, Escavalier, Gulpin, Camerupt, Torkoal, Venomoth, Cherrim, Boldore, Scyther, Manectric, Weavile, Vespiquen, Cacturne, Galvantula, Aggron, Lucario (banned mega), Mothim, Omastar, Drapion, Delcatty, Spheal, Darumaka, Scizor, Machop, Mightyena, Lunatone, Solrock, Magnezone, Gothitelle, Pupitar, Marshtomp, Crustle, Sudowoodo, Flaaffy, Girafarig, Masquerain, Clefairy, Castform, Lilligant, Vullaby, Rufflet, Basculin, Nidorina, Nuzleaf, Ariados, Sceptile, Cryogonal, Marill

71-75 (Houndoom+Steelix and above):
Purugly, Vanilluxe, Clawitzer, Genesect, Greninja, Barbaracle, Sigilyph, Zweilous, Makuhita, Zangoose, Stantler, Seviper, Ninetales, Carracosta, Ferrothorn, Meowstic, Carnivine, Magmortar, Electivire, Dewott, Tauros, Beheeyem, Simisage, Archeops, Serperior, Forretress, Kingdra, Simisear, Armaldo, Steelix, Maractus, Houndoom, Simipour, Azelf, Sunflora, Grotle, Palpitoad, Octillery, Uxie, Zebstrika, Delphox, Chinchou, Sandslash, Jumpluff, Sawk, Bellossom, Swanna, Vileplume, Altaria, Ambipom, Furfrou, Timburr, Golbat, Leavanny, Cinccino, Gliscor, Gourgeist-L

76-78 (Charizard and above):
Haxorus, Infernape, Munna, Chatot, Shellos, Druddigon, Amaura, Kricketune, Typhlosion, Florges, Talonflame, Charizard, Hawlucha, Spritzee, Linoone

79 (Blastoise and above):
Thundurus, Bibarel, Tornadus, Blastoise

80 (Aerodactyl et al. and above):
Golduck, Grimer, Aerodactyl, Luxray, Metagross, Venusaur, Machoke, Regirock, Regice, Unfezant, Latias, Hoopa, Seaking, Accelgor, Ludicolo, Garbodor, Grumpig, Glalie, Flygon, Heracross, Latios, Golem, Meganium, Registeel, Tentacruel, Mesprit, Vigoroth, Rhyhorn, Phione, Sawsbuck, Vivillon, Victreebel, Volcanion

81-83 (Pidgeot and above):
Nidoking, Slurpuff, Tyrantrum, Toxicroak, Pidgeot

84-90 (Abomasnow+Ampharos and above):
Empoleon, Loudred, Feraligatr, Volcarona, Togekiss, Gourgeist-XL, Trevenant, Noivern, Eelektross, Stoutland, Porygon2, Hypno, Staraptor, Furret, Gurdurr, Porygon-Z, Diggersby, Crobat, Heatmor, Gigalith, Floatzel, Yanmega, Cradily, Pyroar, Malamar, Chesnaught, Landorus, Golurk, Articuno, Zapdos, Igglybuff, Moltres, Goodra, Phanpy, Ampharos, Dewgong, Ursaring, Nidoqueen, Pignite, Donphan, Shiftry, Raikou, Slowpoke, Drifloon, Arcanine, Lickitung, Granbull, Poliwrath, Politoed, Abomasnow, Sealeo, Machamp

91-95 (Gyarados+Slowbro and above):
Keldeo, Dragonite, Heatran, Virizion, Terrakion, Cobalion, Hydreigon, Samurott, Milotic, Sylveon, Umbreon, Miltank, Pangoro, Torterra, Gyarados, Exeggutor, Krookodile, Wynaut, Bouffalant, Avalugg, Slowbro, Beartic, Slowking, Quagsire, Salamence, Clefabl

96-100 (Swampert+Ttar and above):
Rampardos, Tropius, Mew, Braviary, Swampert, Meloetta, Azumarill, Celebi, Honchkrow, Piloswine, Happiny, Noctowl, Tangrowth, Tyranitar, Manaphy, Suicune, Dunsparce, Swalot, Victini, Relicanth

101-103 (Audino and above):
Aromatisse, Skuntank, Audino

104-108 (Garchomp only):
Exploud, Muk, Conkeldurr, Seismitoad, Darmanitan, Kangaskhan (banned mega), Rhydon, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Zygarde

109+ (tfw no mega):
Stunfisk, Regigigas, Emboar, Lickilicky, Mandibuzz, Excadrill, Reuniclus, Walrein, Whiscash, Mamoswine, Gastrodon, Amoonguss, Jigglypuff, Entei, Rhyperior, Musharna, Cresselia, Throh, Gogoat, Aurorus, Lanturn, Kyurem (all forms), Vaporeon, Lapras, Munchlax, Wigglytuff, Hariyama, Slaking, Drifblim, Snorlax, Alomomola, Wailord, Wobbuffet, Chansey, Blissey

Also, more sets:
@ Sharpedonite
Ability: Moxie -> Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Fire Fang / Thunder Fang
- Ice Fang / Play Rough

This set aims to grab a Moxie boost with Sucker Punch and go to town with Strong Jaw-boosted Crunch (120) and elemental fang(s) (97). Play Rough can also be used in order to hit Fighting-types and fellow Dark-types.

@ Charizardite-Y
Ability: White Smoke -> Drought
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Mega Evolving reduces weakness to Water, immunifies Ground, and changes gears stat-wise. Also, Earth Power.

I've been talking to The Immortal about the HP issue and coding, but maybe he can give the thread some insight into how it works.
I'll repeat what I said. Right now, the way PS works, the HP of the Pokemon will remain upon mega evolution, like Transform/Imposter. I support keeping it like this because it is very simple, rather than potentially confusing less/greater than rules, and obviously banning Blissey (and whatever else is deemed as having too much HP) from using mega stones.

EV

Banned deucer.
I'll repeat what I said. Right now, the way PS works, the HP of the Pokemon will remain upon mega evolution, like Transform/Imposter. I support keeping it like this because it is very simple, rather than potentially confusing less/greater than rules, and obviously banning Blissey (and whatever else is deemed as having too much HP) from using mega stones.
To me it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. Either route requires a special condition.

1) HP must be equal to or less than
2) HP stays, restrict as needed

I support whatever is easiest to code. I don't know how a restriction would work on specific Pokemon like Blissey, but I imagine there would be a check to see if Blissey is holding a mega stone, and if that's true, the simulator would give you an error pre-battle (similar to if you have an illegal moveset normally).

Welp, my Altaria and Beedrill sets are is illegal now. Gotta theorymon harder.

Hitmonlee @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber/Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick/Close Combat
- Return/Double Edge
- Blaze Kick/Pursuit/Mach Punch/Sucker Punch/Toxic
This set was designed with one purpose in mind: ScrappySpin. In addition to that, Lopunny is able to retain its strong perfect coverage with STABs and can use Close Combat or Double Edge over HJK or Return. It remains as versatile as ever with that final coverage move, being able to have priority, use Blaze Kick to get past Skarmory and Chesnaught, Pursuit Psychics and Ghosts or Toxic bulky switchins like Slowbro. Unfortunately, Lopunny goes from 65 base HP to 50, but the benefits that Hitmonlee gives stand out more.

Sharpedo @ Blastoisinite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect/Substitute
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam/Substitute
Essentially, the bulkier, special attacking version of Mega Sharpedo. Protect or Sub with Sharpedo, Protect again if you're using Sub or your opponent switches, then Mega Evolve to Mega Blastoise and wreak havoc.

Last edited:

Beautifly @ Sceptilite
Ability: Swarm ---> Lightningrod
EVs: 24 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
This is actually a great idea. Once you get to +2 Speed, you will just wreck. The only problem is without any EVs in SpAtk, Mega-Sceptile won't be hitting too too hard.

Lucario @ Salamencite
Ability: Justified -> Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
RIP everything. The worst part is that you're good Pre-Mega Evolution and can just Mega-Evolve when they bring in a faster threat or revenge killer. THe counters to SD Lucario (except Skarmory) aren't going to be stopping a Mega-Salamence Sweep. Plus with STAB Extreme Speed, Arceus himself is jelous.

EDIT: WAIT it's illegal. Shoot

So I figured I'd put out two more sets cuz
!

Cinccino @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Cute Charm
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast / Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder / Dazzling Gleam

The basic idea here is that you hit the enemy with a fast sing that can only be avoided through protect, magic bounce, sleep preventing abilities, and soundproof, then nail them with some powerful coverage moves. Another nice thing it has going for it is that Cinccino has almost the same HP and speed as mega pidgeot, meaning Cinccino isn't too much of a downgrade in terms of it's stats that have an effect after mega evolution. (Order of moves is calculated before mega evolution.)

Clefairy @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Moonblast / Psyshock / Thunderbolt / Protect
- Thunderbolt /Moonblast / Psyshock / Ice Beam / Protect
- Soft-Boiled / Wish

Here`s another cool set. Megazard Y didn`t have the greatest coverage, and this set aims to help it out with that. While it loses Focus Blast and Solarbeam, what it gains more than makes up for it. It gains a plethora of coverage moves, and recovery that doesn`t leave it susceptible to ground moves. It can also heal it's allies with Wish if you would prefer. It does lack quite a bit of speed before mega evolving, so protect may be another good option.

EV

Banned deucer.
Please edit your sets as necessary once you've re-checked the OP. The HP rule has shifted. Basically, HP carries over to the mega (think of it like Imposter) and the cap is 110 base HP. Anything more can't mega evolve. We'll deal with stuff like Mew individually. Sorry for all the confusion. :pirate:

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Masquerain @ Medicamite

*suicide*

I am prepared for a somewhat offensive metagame, but the whole concept is absolutely ridiculous and sounds like a ton of fun regardless.
Are you allowed to have multiple megas?

I was gonna post this earlier but it was illegal.

Tyranitar @ Steelixite
Sand Stream
-Earthquake
-Iron Head/Iron Tail
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Filler

#HighJumpQuakeSteelix

Scizor @ Aggronite
Technician
-U-turn
-Roost
-Bullet Punch/filler
-filler

On that note...

Dragonite @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Multiscale
Timid/Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Blizzard
- Roost/Agility/Thunder/Fire Blast

Noivern @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Boomburst
- Roost/U-turn/Taunt
Dragonite and Noivern are both great Pidgeotite users with access to both Hurricane and Focus Blast along with recovery in Roost. Dragonite distinguishes itself with Multiscale Agility, higher HP and great coverage, while Noivern has higher initial base speed, Boomburst, U-turn and Taunt. Noivern seems slightly better, but Dragonite has its own uses.

Flygon @ Sceptilite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain/Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power/Fire Blast
- Fire Blast/U-turn
Mega Sceptile gains a great movepool with Flygon as its base form and can U-turn out after SpA drops from Draco Meteor. Its coverage when going purely special is exceptional and only really allows it to lose to Fairy types and Chansey for the most part.

So...
111: Gastrodon
114: Amoonguss
115: Rhyperior, Entei, Jigglypuff
116: Musharna
120: Throh, Cresselia
123: Aurorus, Gogoat
125: Kyurem, Lanturn
130: Wailmer, Vaporeon, Lapras
135: Munchlax
140: Wigglytuff
144: Hariyama
150: Drifblim, Slaking
160: Snorlax
165: Alomomola
170: Wailord
190: Wobbuffet
250: Chansey
255: Blissey
Whiscash, Walrein, Lickilicky, Mamoswine, Regigigas, Emboar, Excadrill, Reuniclus, Mandibuzz

That means these sets are legal?
@ Cameruptite
Ability: Victory Star -> Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk, 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Blue Flare
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
@ Cameruptite
Ability: Victory Star -> Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- V-create / Flare Blitz
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

FYI: Sheer Force Flare Blitz is 160 vs. V-create's 180.

@ Charizardite-X
Ability: Victory Star -> Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- filler

Oh, and this set is legal even before the change, I think:
@ Charizardite-X
Ability: Speed Boost -> Tough Claws
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute / Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Dual Chop

Low Kick for Heatran, Substitute for blocking (most) status and stuff. You could run Fire Punch over Flare Blitz to not risk the recoil, but eh.

Also, I think this works now:
@ Aerodactylite
Ability: Intimidate -> Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Protect

Staraptor can Intimidate and has a number of options for Aerodactyl's Tough Claws. Brave Bird and Close Combat provide nice coverage, and U-turn is always helpful. Protect is to get up to Mega speed (100->150) but is not necessarily required and can be slashed in for something like Quick Attack.

Throbulator36 the Steelixite set you posted works just as well on Hippowdon, who has slightly more HP and access to Slack Off. On the other hand, Ttar gets Thunder Wave and has a faster initial speed (61 vs. 47). I guess it's up to preference, really.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Charizard is a lot more interesting in this meta with the new rule. Victini is one of the best Charizard bodies for both forms thanks to Blue Flare, V-Create, and its great coverage from both spectrums. However, there's something a little less expected...

Gyarados @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump / Earthquake

Huzzah! No one expects the Charizardos! Gyarados's special movepool is a bit silly. Fire Blast is STAB, BoltBeam coverage is BoltBeam and the last slot can be either Hydro Pump for when your sun is gone to provide even more radical coverage or EQ for Heatran. Sadly no Focus Blast. Pretty intense though.

Also Regigigas might be good for that 110 HP and neat movepool, although I've yet to find someone that really wants him over something else. Maybe Lopunny?

With the new rules, Mew obviously looks like a great donor with its huge movepool and great HP. Dragonite also looks really good because it also has a very good movepool and can take a hit thanks to Multiscale. Salamence and Granbull are good options if you want Intimidate before you mega evolve. Scrafty also has a good movepool + Intimidate, but its HP is on the low side unfortunately. Scolipede can provide Speed Boost and Swords Dance to any physical attacking mega, but its movepool is a little shallow which limits its options.

Mew / Reuniclus with a Sablenite is going to be a real bitch to deal with in this meta.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Speaking of Scolipede...

Scolipede @ Beedrillite
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab / Rock Slide / Protect
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail / Baton Pass

Oh boy. Scolipede does so much for our little bug. First of all it provides it with Megahorn, which is all it hoped and dreamed of (well, it would of liked Gunk Shot too, but meh). It also has Earthquake as opposed to Drill Run, and gets neat coverage like Aqua Tail for Lando-T and Gliscor. It also provides something else, something much more important - it no longer needs Protect since Scolipede already has amazing speed. It also has Speed Boost for even more shenanigans and to become even faster. Protect can still be run, however, if you want to get more speed boosts before mega and scouting in general after mega. Baton Pass lets you pass on speed boosts to other mons while also being a decent enough momentum move. Notably, you can't get Pursuit trapped, which is usefull. Poison Jab can be replaced honestly, since you're probably going to be spamming Megahorn. It can smack Fairies like Azumarril and it is a STAB move, but it doesn't do much outside of this. It's just not strong enough even after Adaptability. You can run Rock Slide instead to also smack Fire-types like Talonflame (on the switch obv) and Zard-Y while also getting a solid hit on Togekiss. Superpower is also an option, although not the greatest thing in the world. You get walled hard by Skarmory but there isn't much you can do about that really.

Overall Beedrill is kawaii and this is probably the best Pokemon to vessel Beedrill (nothing gets Megahorn and Gunk Shot ;__;) if you want to spam Megahorn. However, Gunk Shot + U-Turn is also a really neat combo, and some of the mons that can use it are

• Mew (what doesn't mew work for?) gives it the Elemental Punches (Ice Punch is good for Lando-T and other flymons) and EQ along with the combo and has a decent 100 base speed
  • Infernape grants Beedrill Close Combat, Flare Blitz, and EQ. You could also run Fake Out for free mega and for free damage. 108 speed is good.
  • Ambipom's and Cinccino's only use is really for the 115 speed pre-mega and Seed Bomb if you hate Quagsire. They do get the EPunches though and Cinccino has Aqua Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)