ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, Do you know you can have a rematch against Wally at Battle Resort with his pokes around lv 80 right? hehehe you know...they have items equiped, you know where I'm going right? Gotta steal them with 5 pokes with thief/trick and a last mon to destroy him.

At least 4 of them are really handy items.
what are the items?

Guys, Do you know you can have a rematch against Wally at Battle Resort with his pokes around lv 80 right? hehehe you know...they have items equiped, you know where I'm going right? Gotta steal them with 5 pokes with thief/trick and a last mon to destroy him.

I don't think thief works like that on trainer battles anymore.

Life orb, Air Ballon, Assault vest and Rocky helmet.
Pretty sure you can't keep what you steal in a trainer battle, at all. I've had Isabelle bestow an oran berry from her Plusle onto one of my Pokemon and didn't end up keeping it after, so...

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but I haven't seen it in the entire thread.

I decided to get back to the demo after not having played in a couple weeks and was still able to get the quest with the Nugget Guy. So I'm wondering if the whole "play everyday" thing wasn't seriously enforced or I somehow just got super lucky.

Now that I've had a couple of days of playing and soaking in all of the story, gamefreak did an incredible job with these remakes. As I have been working today, thinking back to all of the things that they crammed into this game, specifically the amount of legendaries you can catch, I wonder if this means the next iteration of 3DS games in the near future will not consist of any remakes. They have re-made Kanto, Johto, and now Hoenn. The latest being ORAS allows us to catch every legend (XY included). I wonder if every game from here on out will simply be a new region with its own new legendaries to catch?
I generally have seen a pattern....next they may make a Pokemon Z, possibly one more generation but after that i believe they may stop

Hey idk if anyone has ever pondered the topic but ive noticed that the mirage rings are awefully undeniably similar to the art of hoopa's rings.....is it possible Hoopa is the creator of mirage spots, not trying to seem really nerdy but fr fr :pimp:

Mod Edit: Stop double posting

Last edited by a moderator:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hey idk if anyone has ever pondered the topic but ive noticed that the mirage rings are awefully undeniably similar to the art of hoopa's rings.....is it possible Hoopa is the creator of mirage spots, not trying to seem really nerdy but fr fr :pimp:
That's been speculated since we got the CoroCoro of the legendary spots. :p

Also you can go into the rooms of the Admin's and in Shelly's room I found something odd. She has a picture of apparently Archie, a black haired girl (who's name is -rachi), and a Pokemon with 7 notes on its head. Does anyone what's that suppose to be?
I'm guessing Archie is familiar with a certain Wish Maker.

It's likely Jirachi, especially since there is a reference to something occurring on xx/07/02--the Tanabata festival occurs on 7/07 and lasts for 7 days, so the journal entry probably refers to that.

It's likely Jirachi, especially since there is a reference to something occurring on xx/07/02--the Tanabata festival occurs on 7/07 and lasts for 7 days, so the journal entry probably refers to that.
Can i just stop and say the amount of references and the intricate way they use them is just awesone like fr xD

I've been playing through Alpha Sapphire, and so far it is amazing. I'll just post some of my experiences and thoughts here; feel free to disagree/discuss.

I started with Treecko, and spent a couple hours in the DexNav looking for a good Ralts (I couldn't find a Male Shadow Sneak one, so I settled for Misty Terrain) and a Brave Bird Taillow. This took me a couple hours, and sadly both of them had -Atk natures. Ah well, makes the game more challenging I guess. Roxanne was easily swept by Treecko, and then Brawly was defeated by Ralts and Taillow. Good Lord, OHKOing that stupid Makuhita with BB felt so good after it gave me pain in every RSE playthrough I have ever done. Point is, the first 2 gyms were really easy. It was sad to see that Granite Cave is no longer a proper dungeon; you just walk through a corridor to meet Steven.

Upon hitting Slateport, I spent a bit of grinding to evolve Ralts and get the other mons on my team to around level 20. I also entered Taillow in a Contest and got Cosplay Pikachu that went straight to the Box. I found the museum to be legitimately interesting; it's really neat how it teaches you about the real ocean. (I didn't know what 'hard water' meant until I went to the museum.) As for the battle against May on Route 110, she wasn't too hard apart from her Combusken, who required both Kirlia and Taillow to defeat.

I really like the design of Mauville City. The concept of an entire city that's indoors is really cool, and it's nice that the northern half of it has roughly the same layout as the original. Although some people say it's more of a mall than a city, I think it is indeed a city; it's just indoors. You have to remember that in Pokemon, 3 houses, a gym, a Pokemon center, and a Pokemart qualifies as a city, and so Mauville fits that criteria easily. It's true that there are a lot of shops, but there are areas in every real city in the world that are all shops. That doesn't make them outdoor malls! While on the topic of Mauville City, the hardest part of the game so far has been beating Wattson. Because I started with Treecko, Magnemite and Magneton walled my entire team. Luckily, there's a guy on the upper level of Mauville who sells you a Metronome for 1000P, and although competitively it's outclassed by Choice items, in-game it's quite useful. I ended up giving it to Grovyle and spamming Rock Smash, which eventually allowed me to win.

Route 117 and Verdanturf Town are largely unchanged from the originals, but the guy in Rusturf Tunnel gives you an Aggronite instead of HM04 now. Route 111 is also pretty much the same, complete with the Rock Smash boulders that block your path and annoyingly regenerate every time. To make matters worse, it seems that the wild encounter rate when smashing rocks has been boosted to 100%.

The Aqua Grunts were blocking the Cable Car, so I took a detour through Fiery Path to get around Mt. Chimney. Ace Trainer Wilton now has a Bagon instead of one of his other Pokemon (don't remember which). Sadly, Bagon is still only found in that remote area in Meteor Falls.

And then, at last, I made it.

To the area I was looking the most forward to.

Route 113.

The Route 113 remix absolutely blew me out of the water. GF did an amazing job with it. I could fanboy all day about the music, but since I'm terrible at describing songs, I'll talk about some other Route 113 aspects. The ground and grass are slightly greener than in the originals, which is sort of interesting. When you enter a battle, the surrounding trees are covered with ash, so they look a really cool light grey. Of course I had to claim the only secret base spot on the route; it's a very narrow hall, but I think I'll be able to make it work when I get more secret base stuff.

There is nothing I found interesting from Fallarbor Town to Meteor Falls, although Lanette changing 'Organize Boxes' to be 1st on the list is nice. Meteor Falls itself looked quite cool, successfully incorporating both rock and water into the design. The 3DS's graphics capabilities really give this area the attention it deserves.

The thing that has stood out for me the most has been Team Aqua. Archie in particular is my favourite NPC in the game; GF did a great job designing him. Every time I've encountered Team Aqua so far, I have felt that there is so much more to them beyond 'herp derp we're generic bad guys'. When the grunts blocking off Route 110 leave, they talk about how they want to stop at Mauville. You later see the same grunts commenting on how far it is to Mt. Chimney. Heck, even Archie seems to legitimately enjoy battling you, almost seeing you as his rival (I swept him with Gallade, but that's not the point). Every member of Team Aqua, even the Grunts, feels human to me. I am currently grinding before I enter there hideout in Lilycove, so I might edit this post later with more of my thoughts.

Finally, a question: Has the limit for the number of Pokeblocks you can feed to a single mon changed? I'm trying to get a Milotic, but I'm scared that I'll feed my Feebas the max number of Pokeblocks but still not have max Beauty.

Last edited:
I've been playing through Alpha Sapphire, and although it is amazing overall, the thing that has stood out for me the most has been Team Aqua. Archie in particular is my favourite NPC in the game; GF did a great job designing him.
Kinda made me mad at the Cave of Origin when Maxie acknowledged us as no mere child anymore(in front of Archie) then he proceeds to call me by Little Scamp right after anyways xD

Maybe the oran berry healed you when they bestowed it so you lost it? Possible :/
My Pokemon's health never dipped down to the point of eating a berry. It still had the oran berry by the time her Minun fainted.
anyone on the location of o powers?
The rest are given to you by the weird guys in Mauville's Pokecenter, over the course of the game. And then, in an... interesting turn of events, you get Hatching Power from Mr. Bonds.

Made it to the Safari Zone, and I couldn't find the answer to this one. How do you get by those orange/brown stump things? There's one blocking a TM, and you can only reach that one with a Mach Bike.

Made it to the Safari Zone, and I couldn't find the answer to this one. How do you get by those orange/brown stump things? There's one blocking a TM, and you can only reach that one with a Mach Bike.
You can actually get both bikes at the same time in this game. The stump is for Acro Bike.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think that Secret Bases are the most pleasantly surprising new feature for in-game runs. I know people will use them to farm Blissey for XP but going through the storyline, I'm enjoying going into random people's Secret Bases, seeing what kinds of teams they are running, and having more of a challenge than the typical NPC pubstomps.

I don't know how I get them....PSS/BuzzNav, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)