General Introduce yourself!

Hello. I am not new to smogon, but i am new to the forums. The reason why I have this account some time is because i just wanted to report some bug. So could I pls introduce myself? I just do it i guess. Here goes:
I am just a plain boy in middle school playing some pokemon. My favorite tier is definetly ou since I am able to just take all the standard pokes and put them in one team (making team building very easy). I also, am an anime freak. Not sure what to write here aside from those facts. I hope to have a great time everytime i come here. My name is Arthur. it's a pleasure to meet you, Smogon forums n_n

Hi Guys
Ive done loads of battling on showdown, but I want your help with a team

Ninetales@Heat Rock
Drought
252spe 252 def timid
Calm mind
Fireblast
Solarbeam
Confuse Ray
Free Seven turns of sun. Period.
Heliolisk@Choice Specs
252 252 Sp atk spe timid
Solar power
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Filler
Filler
Deals with politoed, Which is why thunder is there.
Latias@Leftovers
252hp 252def Modest
Levitate
Ice eam
Psychic
Draco Meteor
Healing wish
Resistance to fight, ground and healing wish.
Sawsbuck@Coice Band
252atk 252spe Adamant
Chlorophyll
Return
Jump Kick
Horn Leech
Earthquake
Generic Chlorophyll user.
Volcorona@focus Sash
252 spe 252 spatk Timid
flame body
Fiery Dance
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Sunny Day
Sun Abuser.
Tentacruel@Black Sludge
Clear Body
252 def 252 hp Bold
Rapid Spin
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Psychic
Rapid Spnner, Supports volc.

Just getting back into Pokemon since I stopped when I was 13, am doing much better in the game now.

I look forward to battling with you when I have time to breed and build a team :D

P.S: I may do VGC format too.

Just getting back into Pokemon since I stopped when I was 13, am doing much better in the game now.

I look forward to battling with you when I have time to breed and build a team :D

P.S: I may do VGC format too.
Hi Vernster! Awesome you stopped by Smogon! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll be happy to help you out. Glad that you started getting back into pokemon again :)

Hello everyone! My name is Colter and I love me some Pokemon. My favorite Pokemon is Swampert and my favorite Pokemon game is between Crystal and Ruby. I also enjoy lots of other games, my three favorites are Final Fantasy XII, No More Heroes, and Super Metroid. I know a lot about Zoology, Physiology, and Ecology and will soon have my B.S. in Zoology so feel free to ask me animal questions. I've been a lurker for a long time and figured it was finally time to join!

Hi, I got into competitive in XY and I wanted to start simple at vgc before joining. So here I am!
Hi there! That is a pretty great reason to join lol. If you are interested in still playing doubles you can check out smogon doubles which has a completely different tier list including pokemon like deoxys attack being legal. If singles is your thing you can lurk in any of the tiers' respective subforums, if you want to know about other metagames you can pm/vm me good luck on starting smogon!

Hey, i've been lurking smogonforums since forever, and I decided to join the forums properly since I'm loving the ORAS OU metagame and I'd like to discuss some sets and viability rankings :) I'm also trying to learn a lot more especially about RU/NU and the new PU metagame.

By the way, i'm chilean so sorry for my mediocre english :P

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been playing Pokemon since I was about 6. I started with TCG, but my cousin gave me his Pokemon Yellow and Silver (right around the time 4th gen was released) and here I am. I like battling competitively, but know next to nothing. I really enjoy playing RU and UU.

Hey everyone! I started playing pokemon during 3rd gen when I was very young, and have been playing ever since. I just got Omega Ruby last week, and just beat it. I got a little disappointed with how easy both xy and oras are. Don't get me wrong, I love them both but I wish they toned up the NPCs to match the new exp share. But I digress. I guess now I'm a little older and want a bit more f a challenge. The competetive pokemon scene is entirely alien to me so I would love to somehow merge myself into the Smogon community and learn a thing or two, and hopefully make some
Friends.

Tell me about yourselves!

Hey everyone! My name is Ellroth. I've been playing casually since Gen II and recently decided to start getting into the competitive scene. I'm really excited (but am honestly a little bit overwhelmed) by all the information on here. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? I hope to battle a few of you soon!

i herd u liek mudkipz? jkjk lol. I played a little bit of FFVI (or FFIII I guess), and the Metroid game from the 3DS Ambassador Program haha. That's really cool haha, Environmental Science is actually something I'm really interested in! Welcome to Smogon!
Great, if you're interested in a career in it or have any questions about it I would be happy to answer.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm new To smogon, I'm aware of the basics and only hope to learn more about the game
Hi! I'm Aragorn and I be glad to answer any questions you have. I hope you enjoy your stay here :)
Hey, i've been lurking smogonforums since forever, and I decided to join the forums properly since I'm loving the ORAS OU metagame and I'd like to discuss some sets and viability rankings :) I'm also trying to learn a lot more especially about RU/NU and the new PU metagame.

By the way, i'm chilean so sorry for my mediocre english :P
Glad your interested in OU! Any questions you make have, shoot 'em at me. Also, the viability rankings are a great way to test your arguing skills while still being able to see the transition in the metagame. I remember in November of 2013, Magnezone was C rank, and in November of 2014, it's A-! Nothing changed in its mechanics, the metagame just shifted in its favor, and the rankings help show that.

Enjoy your stay :)
Hi, my name is Mike and I have been playing Pokemon since I was about 6. I started with TCG, but my cousin gave me his Pokemon Yellow and Silver (right around the time 4th gen was released) and here I am. I like battling competitively, but know next to nothing. I really enjoy playing RU and UU.
Hey Mike! Check out the RU and UU forums if your interested in playing those metagames. They are really unstable right now thanks to the ORAS megas though, so they may not be as fun right now. I think bans will go through in 1 or two weeks there, so then they'll start picking up.

Enjoy your stay here :)
Hey everyone! I started playing pokemon during 3rd gen when I was very young, and have been playing ever since. I just got Omega Ruby last week, and just beat it. I got a little disappointed with how easy both xy and oras are. Don't get me wrong, I love them both but I wish they toned up the NPCs to match the new exp share. But I digress. I guess now I'm a little older and want a bit more f a challenge. The competetive pokemon scene is entirely alien to me so I would love to somehow merge myself into the Smogon community and learn a thing or two, and hopefully make some
Friends.

Tell me about yourselves!
Hi! I totally agree - Y went by way too fast. I was kinda hoping AS wouldn't, but oh well -_- The competitive side of Pokemon is definitely a lot different than the in game side. Definitely check out the forums of the metagame you want to learn - there's a lot of information in there. Also, I think in January if you're still struggling you can sign up for a tutor in Battling 101. But until then, feel free to ask me anything!

Enjoy your stay :)
Hey everyone! My name is Ellroth. I've been playing casually since Gen II and recently decided to start getting into the competitive scene. I'm really excited (but am honestly a little bit overwhelmed) by all the information on here. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? I hope to battle a few of you soon!
Hi Ellroth! I agree that at first the forums are overwhelming. I'd love to point you in the right direction, but I'm not sure exactly where you want to go? What tiers do you like? Feel free to PM with anything you want, and enjoy your stay :)

Hi, everyone! I'm Darius, age 16. I'm not exactly new to Smogon, in fact, I've been using it for at least 2 years now. But I am new the forums. I look forward to getting to know y'all, and hopefully making contributions to the site.

Hi, I'm Dr. Infinity. I started playing the games with gold and silver, and have played all since, though I just started picking up the competitive aspect with x/y and am continuing that in ORAS (love it). I play pretty much all of the regular metagames, OU, UU, etc. I especially love PU. Other interests of mine include anime and all things smash bros., as well as yugioh. My fave Pokemon is..... Tropius, the best one

Also, I would also appreciate it if somebody explained to me how banners are put on ones profile.
Banners are for the privileged "badged" users! You can get badged for many different things, but the bottom line is showing knowledge, maturity and some skill in competitive Pokemon. You can actually check out the Badge FAQ for more detail

Enjoy your stay at Smogon fren~

HI guys where how do I post something to rate my team
Right this way good sir. Make sure you read the rules and follow the correct format!
Click me!

Enjoy your stay at Smogon fren~

Welcome Kantotrainer90! Need anything just ask :)
ha ha, a shiny gengar code :P that is wishful thinking.

i'm almost to the point where i need some advice on making a team. i don't plan on joining any tournaments and don't want so spend alot of time on getting the right natures, but just want to be able to random pokebattles over wi fi.

Ah, I didn't realize your team wasn't complete yet. If you want to do random wifi battling, take a look at the Battle Spot subforum for ideas and whatnot. Also, when you're ready, don't worry about posting in RMT. People that are rude will be dealt with appropriately by the mods.
i don't plan on getting my pokemon to lvl 100, not for a while anyways. so id want it rated despite that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)