Other Team Archive by CTC (ORAS Update) Read Post #517

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey CTC got a pretty good core here with my favorite mega would love to see what a great builder can do with it.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

The heatran spread/set is what I use but please change it if you find another spread/set to be more useful. Now this core I find works very well with a U turn or volt switch mon on the team because a hyper voice from mega gard is extremely powerful with very little safe switch ins to the set. A few mons that switch in like scizor, rachi, and victini all get handled fairly well by tran so that means tran comes in predicting switch making it so tran gets off a toxic or gets up rocks and naturally gard can switch in on those pesky fighting type attacks. Gard's trace pre mega also gives her a good amount of safe switch ins like into heatran. Gard also smashes through stall so thats awesome. Overall gard is really good and I love using her but I want to see what kind of mons you pair her with. Any advice even if not from CTC would be appreciated thanks guys!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Grass Knot

I have been messing around with most of the OU megas and haven't really had a chance to try Mega gross yet. It's also something that seems to be pretty important to build around for other teams to prepare for it, so I thought it'd be fun to try and use myself. The role of this pokemon is simply to dent holes in the opponents team or even a late game sweep once faster checks are gone. grass knot is for things that wall this set, like suicune, slowbro, swampert, etc.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

I chose sylveon, as it takes on the role of cleric for my team, especially for mega gross. It also is a lati check, so that my mega doesn't have to switch into it. standard cleric set, nothing too fancy with the moveset. enough SpD to survive 2 earth powers from lando i that aren't running sludge wave.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

A few mons that give this team somewhat of a problem so far are Scizor (namely cb), opposing mega gross, and lando t. I also hate dealing with heatran and ferrothorn on any other team, and wanted a mon that could kind of do all of that. This set really helps me achieve this. Stealth rock because hazards are nice for Mega gross, and dragon tail to help rack up damage for it. earthquake + fireblast for heatran and ferro. rocky helmet + rough skin for scizor, mega gross, and lando t. This also is a decent tank in its own right, which i never realized with its base 108hp, 95def, and 85 spd. So with wish support, it walls some other stuff during the game.

Don't know if you have any mons in mind to support this core. I really think tnak chomp is fun to use as a method of wearing down metagross's checks and getting rid of walls and such. Any feedback would be awesome.
Never run Hasty on Mega Metagross; it gives Bisharp a significantly better chance to OHKO you with Sucker Punch.

252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 264-312 (87.7 - 103.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 236-278 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 283-338 (94 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 257-304 (85.3 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

Houndoom (M) @ Houndoominite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt/WoW

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 60 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

So I was trying to build something around NPass Celebi, as it is a pretty underrated mon overall and using baton pass for momentum was something I wanted to try too. Scarf Keldeo was the most obvious receiver, because it has a good defensive synergy with Celebi and would be really scary at +2.

Then I tried to complete the core into a FWG one, and after reviewing the 5 or 6 viable fire type in OU, I came across Mega Dog, who was a) pretty hipster b) an other potential receiver, with a beautiful typing synergy with Celebi and the potential to threaten both offense (115 base speed is so troll) and stall (hi sableye). Taunt is there for obvious stallbreaking purposes, however WoW could potentially lure in and cripple TTar (no more pursuit trapping) and Azu (which would help for a keldeo sweep).

This core obviously needs a birdcheck and rocks, but otherwise I did not really knew how to complete it efficiently, so I ended up with Kel/Dog/Celebi + Rotom/Lando-T (boring) + Wish Jirachi (cool mon btw), but while it seemed pretty good on paper (no glaring weakness to a top tier threat (bye ninja) as far as I checked, albeit I once got swept by a retarded RP + sludge wave lando-I), I found the team underwhelming in practice for various reasons (I might just be terrible) and rotom+Landoge is lame, so I wanted to see what you would do with this core. Keldeo is replaceable if needed, as it it not the coolest part of the core, I don't really see a reason to do it though. Thanks!

Last edited:
Prolly shouldn't request more than one team, but I figured that visiting the concept of NastyPass Celebi was pretty good food for thought for everyone, teambuilders and thread-watchers alike. The M-Houndoom post inspired me, and it doesn't hurt to have another NastyPass team on the block so...let's get nasty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 60 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power
- Fire Blast

After even 1 Nasty Plot pass and a Rock Polish, Diancie becomes an angry Greek god, capable of practically melting anything in the way that's not already set up like 3 Calm Minds in advance or something. Heatran takes care of most of the things that hurt Diancie, as well as function as a cleaner in the late game if need be. If necessary, you could even pass an NP to Heatran for a disgustingly powerful STAB Overheat/Fire Blast. I chose Overheat, even with the potential of a NP boost, because Heatran is most likely going to use Fire Blast anyways in the lategame, and a potential +2 boot to the face named Overheat is always worth it even if it voids the NP. Considering ScarfTran can't stay in on a lot of threats in the early game unless they are weakened, that NP was gonna go anyways.

This core needs hazard support and removal (and Spikes/Tspikes is viable given the ore's 2/3 birdspam resist, thus not really needing SR as badly to function, though it helps), as well as a way to deal with priority, especially Aqua Jet from Azu and Crawdaunt. Celebi can switch in on Aqua Jets, but can't take a Knock Off if predicted.

I'd suggest Rotom-W like the previous post, or even Empoleon for SR/Defog, but this core is tricky for me to work with, and I'd like to see how someone more experienced than me can work their magic with this.

Last edited:
Hello there, im new to this forums and would like to know if ctc can build a team using this core
BAN NINJA (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Energy Ball

Chandelure @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 156 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Taunt

Preferably I would like the team to be balance as since ninja is almost gone balanced should raise in viability again. ManaLure seems to be a nice stallbreaker core.

So, seeing as how Contrary Serperior is right around the corner, I came up with a cool FWG core that seems badass on paper at least. CTC, think you can work your magic on this?

@ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt/Substitute

@ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare/Taunt

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Gets wrecked by strong priority and Mega Altaria, but this core completely runs train on stall and breaks a lot of balance and HO cores.

EDIT: inserted for the Darm haters, CTC just replace the last slot with CB talonflame or whatever physical fire type people copypaste in OU nowadays.

Last edited:
soooooo heres a core ive been struggling with a team for

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 248 HP / 198 Atk / 62 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute
cause its my mega and i figure it should be easy enough to sweep in the rain under a sub

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Sleep Talk
- Psychic
because it setd up rain on entrie sleep talk incase im put to sleep(might be situational) encore for trolling set up mons,scald for stab,and psychic for coverage

Thundurus (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
another rain setter can taunt againt mon who set up v.s for stab and hp ice for coverage

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

So the idea with this team is to sweep with double dance land-t. So hopefully you can help provide a team to help around this. I know it is a bit weak to rotor-w and a bit to bulky land-t hence ice punch on mega-gron and it's also does a good job checking clef. The speed is enough to outspeed the rare scarf lati. So yeah any help building a team around double dance lando-t would be great thanks. It may need spike support to help the sweep looking at it.

Hi
this core probably doesnt have perfect defencive synergy but the idea is that mega loppony can get baton pass, talonflame can learn u-turn + specs sylveon beat each other counters while voltturning to the point one of the mons can sweap.
loponny is countered by: slowbro clefable skarm physical gliscor and landorus-t sylveon can OHKO all of them after rocks -only skarmory gets 2HKO'd
talonflame counters are: heatran rotom-w tyranitar zapdos and slowbro, sylveon can kill all of them - heatran which gets killed by loppony

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Baton Pass

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Fire
- Quick Attack
- Psyshock

PS. sylveon outdamages mega gardevoir pretty heavily

Last edited:
Hey CTC can you make a HO team with these 2 mons:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Mega Sceptile is one of my favorite megas and it is one of the fastest mons after it megas. However, I feel like Tyranitar is a good partner w/ Sceptile since it is a 'decent' switch in to Talonflame, beats Chansey, does not mind T-Wave as much as other mons and it resists the random Quick Attacks here and there. Also, CB t-tar is pretty rare and does hit hard. Sceptile can take any Will-o-Wisps and resists Water.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock
- Encore

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Gardovoir now has only a few counters, all of them are steel type. The only steel type that can take banded victinis vcreate is heatran which gets killed by the combination on bolt strike and hp ground. The idea is that every time victini gets on the pokemon thats weak to it get a kill because of it sheer power (for example does 80-95% to latios, 2hkos rotom-w with bolt shike, kills everything that non resistent). you can weaken opposing team to the point when gardet (when opponent sacks their steel type) if not or other mon can sweap

So, seeing as how Contrary Serperior is right around the corner, I came up with a cool FWG core that seems badass on paper at least. CTC, think you can work your magic on this?

@ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt/Substitute

@ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare/Taunt

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Gets wrecked by strong priority and Mega Altaria, but this core completely runs train on stall and breaks a lot of balance and HO cores.
Quick, delete the post before you get bashed by CTC. Your core has DARM IN IT!

Hi
this core probably doesnt have perfect defencive synergy but the idea is that mega loppony can get baton pass, talonflame can learn u-turn + specs sylveon beat each other counters while voltturning to the point one of the mons can sweap.
loponny is countered by: slowbro clefable skarm physical gliscor and landorus-t sylveon can OHKO all of them after rocks -only skarmory gets 2HKO'd
talonflame counters are: heatran rotom-w tyranitar zapdos and slowbro, sylveon can kill all of them - heatran which gets killed by loppony

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Baton Pass

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Fire
- Quick Attack
- Psyshock

PS. sylveon outdamages mega gardevoir pretty heavily
Why do you have BP on Lop? BP does make you immune to pursuit, but you are sacking some coverage.

@i-am-garchomp
1. dont try to be funny pls
2. baton pass is for momentum its based on the same idea as u-turn and volt switch
I highly doubt that baton pass on lop can come in handy more than an extra coverage move or a utility option, such as substitute or healing wish. Sure it can come in handy sometimes, but lopunny can do several greater things with the last moveslot than the ability to gain some momentum.

its not the place to disciuss best lopponi moveset lol. its supposed to be voltturn/semi voltturn team so its the optimal choice

Hi CTC i want to make a team around this 2 pokemon I have to say that mega diancie is my favorite pokemon ever and volcarona is my favorite 5 gen mon after serperior and bisharp, well that doesnt matter i choose volcarona because he set ups on all diancie counters (amoongus, scisor, ferro lol he has few counters) and mega diancie kills volcarona counters like talonflame, heatran, charizards, etc well this core has some problems like strong ground users,chansey, rain teams, sand teams, yeah it has some weakness but if ur really the greatest builder ever u can build me a solid squad with this duo :pimp:

Hi CTC i want to make a team around this 2 pokemon I have to say that mega diancie is my favorite pokemon ever and volcarona is my favorite 5 gen mon after serperior and bisharp, well that doesnt matter i choose volcarona because he set ups on all diancie counters (amoongus, scisor, ferro lol he has few counters) and mega diancie kills volcarona counters like talonflame, heatran, charizards, etc well this core has some problems like strong ground users,chansey, rain teams, sand teams, yeah it has some weakness but if ur really the greatest builder ever u can build me a solid squad with this duo :pimp:
You need to include sets which is the only thing you're missing fren :]

I found that rotom W is a great partner 4 this 2 he deals with sand really and handles rain teams without kingdra, also i want the RP set which is the best diancie set.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Rock polish
Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Here are the the sets :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)