Other Team Archive by CTC (ORAS Update) Read Post #517

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sea tea see. i have a core i would like to propose today featuring both of the eon twins, latias and latios. I came up this core while high on marijuana a while ago and i thought it seemed pretty damn cool. The idea of this core is to use a 4 attack latios to beat/weaken everything that latias doesnt appreciate. HP fire is used to beat scizor, ferrothorn, bisharp (on the switch). Earthquake is used to beat heatran and get damage off on tyranitar. With these threats gone, latias is free to fuck up the opposing team. I am not sure on the latias set and whether or not it should me a mega so i will leave that up to you.

This core does seem pretty weak to stuff like scarf tar and such so feel free to ignore this core if it sucks. i just thought it was cool and worth a shot.

Cecilia (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Recover

Eeyore (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 232 SpA / 244 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/ 54 SpD / 202 Def
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Heatran and Tentacruel make a really nice trapping core for stallbreaking. Once the toxic spikes are up, Heatran can easily trap something like chansey with Magma Storm and kill it. This kind of core works really nicely against stall, as well as bulky offense. The style I would like for a team would be balance.

The Tentacruel set is standard toxic spikes with no anomalies. The speed on the heatran set is for many reasons. I don't want to give metagross a free evo. Plus I need it to outspeed regular stall mons for taunts. Also, it would outspeed adamant Exca and a few other threats to the core.

Since both mons resist fairies and are weak to ground, I would like to see one of the Lati twins on the team. Another potential threat would be Mega Gallade, so Skarmory would also be a good partner, in turn with the ground immunity.

Houndoom (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt/WoW

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 60 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

So I was trying to build something around NPass Celebi, as it is a pretty underrated mon overall and using baton pass for momentum was something I wanted to try too. Scarf Keldeo was the most obvious receiver, because it has a good defensive synergy with Celebi and would be really scary at +2.

Then I tried to complete the core into a FWG one, and after reviewing the 5 or 6 viable fire type in OU, I came across Mega Dog, who was a) pretty hipster b) an other potential receiver, with a beautiful typing synergy with Celebi and the potential to threaten both offense (115 base speed is so troll) and stall (hi sableye). Taunt is there for obvious stallbreaking purposes, however WoW could potentially lure in and cripple TTar (no more pursuit trapping) and Azu (which would help for a keldeo sweep).

This core obviously needs a birdcheck and rocks, but otherwise I did not really knew how to complete it efficiently, so I ended up with Kel/Dog/Celebi + Rotom/Lando-T (boring) + Wish Jirachi (cool mon btw), but while it seemed pretty good on paper (no glaring weakness to a top tier threat (bye ninja) as far as I checked, albeit I once got swept by a retarded RP + sludge wave lando-I), I found the team underwhelming in practice for various reasons (I might just be terrible) and rotom+Landoge is lame, so I wanted to see what you would do with this core. Keldeo is replaceable if needed, as it it not the coolest part of the core, I don't really see a reason to do it though. Thanks!
Hey i made a rmt wiht that core if you want to check it out http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hell-a-mega-houndoom-ou-team.3529502/

Hey man, would be p cool if you made a balanced/defensive team out of this Core:

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 136 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder/Hidden Power Fire

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic/Thunder Wave/Body Slam

To be fair... there are quite a few bad cores that have been posted could be just that the lord might not want to build around them... (looking at you double lati core)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)