Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In Triple Battles on cartridge (tested in OR online, and in Y offline in the Battle Maison and the Mock Battle feature of VS Recorder), Shadow Tag only traps adjacent opponents, and not the entire field. Meaning that if used in the left-side position or the right-side position, it only traps the enemy's center position and the Pokémon facing the Shadow Tag user - not the diagonally opposite Pokémon in the corner. Magnet Pull also works the same - I haven't tested Arena Trap, but I would assume it to be similar.

Battle video demonstrating this: PY4W-WWWW-WWWXB-9CGB

On Showdown, Shadow Tag incorrectly traps the entire enemy field and not just adjacent Pokémon in Triples.

In Triple Battles on cartridge (tested in OR online, and in Y offline in the Battle Maison and the Mock Battle feature of VS Recorder), Shadow Tag only traps adjacent opponents, and not the entire field. Meaning that if used in the left-side position or the right-side position, it only traps the enemy's center position and the Pokémon facing the Shadow Tag user - not the diagonally opposite Pokémon in the corner. Magnet Pull also works the same - I haven't tested Arena Trap, but I would assume it to be similar.

Battle video demonstrating this: PY4W-WWWW-WWWXB-9CGB

On Showdown, Shadow Tag incorrectly traps the entire enemy field and not just adjacent Pokémon in Triples.
PS doesn't do that... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-210143003

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Strange - I was testing this in "Triples Custom Game", and I was unable to switch out any of the Pokémon on the field. Pretty sure I double-checked, too.

Trying it again, now it seems to work. Maybe I hallucinated it, what the hell.

Upon testing it more just to be sure, the battle stalled in some way: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/triplescustomgame-210152736

Then I tested it again, and kept getting similar stalls, which look like:
Issuing an impossible switch on a Pokémon and "waiting for opponent" afterwards seems to be involved - note that such a message is printed in the other player's window. Neither can input anything, though (battle ended in 5 minutes after taking this screenshot). Sometimes it works properly and lets you issue a new set of commands.

I'm only getting more confused by the minute.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the icons for Megas and Primals in team preview are blank and it is really annoying.

Also not sure if this is a glitch or I am just misunderstanding mechanics, but in a double switch when you bring in an Intimidate user sometimes the attack drop applies to the mon that is being switched out by the opponent and not to the mon that is being sent in against your Intimidate user.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the icons for Megas and Primals in team preview are blank and it is really annoying.

Also not sure if this is a glitch or I am just misunderstanding mechanics, but in a double switch when you bring in an Intimidate user sometimes the attack drop applies to the mon that is being switched out by the opponent and not to the mon that is being sent in against your Intimidate user.
The first part is because those sprites were lost in the hard drive crash in November and weren't restored yet so hopefully that'll get fixed soon. I believe the second part is because the switching order depends on speed. If you have higher speed than your opponent then your Pokemon's Intimidate will hit the Pokemon that's switching out.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe the second part is because the switching order depends on speed. If you have higher speed than your opponent then your Pokemon's Intimidate will hit the Pokemon that's switching out.
Alright thats what I figured, thanks for confirming.

The combination of Whirlpool + Defog on Latias is allowed on PS. This is impossible in the games because to get those moves you must transfer from Gen 4; and due to how transfer of HMs work and that Whirlpool is only available in HGSS while Defog is only available in DPPt, the combination of Whirlpool + Defog from Gen 4 transfer is impossible.
Likewise, the combination of Leaf Blade + Sucker Punch on Shiftry is impossible. This is because it can only have Leaf Blade through Nuzleaf learning it through level up from ORAS onwards; however, it can only get Sucker Punch as a Shiftry through Gen 4 Tutor. Hence, if you teach Sucker Punch to Shiftry in Gen 4, even when transferred to ORAS it cannot learn Leaf Blade.

The combination of Whirlpool + Defog on Latias is allowed on PS. This is impossible in the games because to get those moves you must transfer from Gen 4; and due to how transfer of HMs work and that Whirlpool is only available in HGSS while Defog is only available in DPPt, the combination of Whirlpool + Defog from Gen 4 transfer is impossible.
I fixed that ages ago.

Likewise, the combination of Leaf Blade + Sucker Punch on Shiftry is impossible. This is because it can only have Leaf Blade through Nuzleaf learning it through level up from ORAS onwards; however, it can only get Sucker Punch as a Shiftry through Gen 4 Tutor. Hence, if you teach Sucker Punch to Shiftry in Gen 4, even when transferred to ORAS it cannot learn Leaf Blade.
This is more difficult to fix, without hardcoding it...

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
while spending an hour and a half trying to recreate the timer bug with James Jimmy, I found this:
"<< >battle-customgame-210549884

|
|move|p1a: Clefable|Protect|p1a: Clefable
|debug|Success chance: 33%
|debug|randBW(3) = 0
|-singleturn|p1a: Clefable|Protect
|move|p2a: Slowbro|Protect|p2a: Slowbro
|-fail|p2a: Slowbro
The only protecting move with a 33% success rate after the first turn use is Spikey Shield, everything else is 50% besides wide and quick guard.

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I have encountered a problem.
I used entrainment with my truant durant on a foe butterfree. Then, with the eject button, whimsicott came in. I set up a substitute during the free turn. The turn after the foe's Butterfree used bug buzz and bypassed my substitute, without any logical explanation. Is this a bug or am I committing a mistake? Thanks in advance.
PS I link you the battle log under this as I don't know how to do the spoiler.

Pure Evil used Entrainment!
The opposing Butterfree acquired Truant!

The opposing Butterfree used Bug Buzz!
It's not very effective... Pure Evil lost 61.9% of its health!
Pure Evil is switched out with the Eject Button!

Pure Evil, come back!

Go! McFlurry (Whimsicott)!
Pointed stones dug into McFlurry!

McFlurry restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 8

McFlurry used Substitute!
McFlurry put in a substitute!
McFlurry lost 25% of its health!

The opposing Butterfree is loafing around!

Turn 9

McFlurry used Leech Seed!
The opposing Butterfree was seeded!

McFlurry lost 54.0% of its health!

The opposing Butterfree's health is sapped by Leech Seed!
Turn 10
★FillyGrifon: why did bug buzz bypass the sub?
★PCmon65: i was wondering the same thing
★PCmon65: maybe traunt?
★FillyGrifon: truant?
★PCmon65: idk
★FillyGrifon: well, in theory truant shouldn't have side effects
★PCmon65: ok
★FillyGrifon: idk either
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by PCmon65)
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
★FillyGrifon: what held item does it have?
★PCmon65: omg just go
★PCmon65: focus sash

McFlurry used Stun Spore!
The opposing Butterfree is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Turn 11
★FillyGrifon: ok

The opposing Butterfree avoided the attack!

McFlurry lost 53.1% of its health!

McFlurry fainted!

Hi everybody, I have encountered a problem.
I used entrainment with my truant durant on a foe butterfree. Then, with the eject button, whimsicott came in. I set up a substitute during the free turn. The turn after the foe's Butterfree used bug buzz and bypassed my substitute, without any logical explanation. Is this a bug or am I committing a mistake? Thanks in advance.
PS I link you the battle log under this as I don't know how to do the spoiler.

Pure Evil used Entrainment!
The opposing Butterfree acquired Truant!

It's not very effective... Pure Evil lost 61.9% of its health!
Pure Evil is switched out with the Eject Button!

Pure Evil, come back!

Go! McFlurry (Whimsicott)!
Pointed stones dug into McFlurry!

Turn 8

McFlurry used Substitute!
McFlurry put in a substitute!
McFlurry lost 25% of its health!

Turn 9

The opposing Butterfree was seeded!

McFlurry lost 54.0% of its health!

Turn 10
★FillyGrifon: why did bug buzz bypass the sub?
★PCmon65: i was wondering the same thing
★PCmon65: maybe traunt?
★FillyGrifon: truant?
★PCmon65: idk
★FillyGrifon: well, in theory truant shouldn't have side effects
★PCmon65: ok
★FillyGrifon: idk either
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by PCmon65)
★FillyGrifon: what held item does it have?
★PCmon65: omg just go
★PCmon65: focus sash

McFlurry used Stun Spore!
The opposing Butterfree is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Turn 11
★FillyGrifon: ok

The opposing Butterfree avoided the attack!

McFlurry lost 53.1% of its health!

McFlurry fainted!
Bug Buzz is a sound move; in this gen, sound moves bypass substitutes.
Also, [/hide] [/hide] is the tag you use. Without the first slash.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
In Anything Goes a few users and I encountered an odd bug:
Replay:

imgur link
This is just a visual bug that occurs while skipping through turns. If you watch the replay without skipping, you'll see that it doesn't happen.
while spending an hour and a half trying to recreate the timer bug with James Jimmy, I found this:

"<< >battle-customgame-210549884

|
|move|p1a: Clefable|Protect|p1a: Clefable
|debug|Success chance: 33%
|debug|randBW(3) = 0
|-singleturn|p1a: Clefable|Protect
|move|p2a: Slowbro|Protect|p2a: Slowbro
|-fail|p2a: Slowbro

The only protecting move with a 33% success rate after the first turn use is Spikey Shield, everything else is 50% besides wide and quick guard.
Protect, Detect, Endure, and Wide/Quick Guard all changed from 1/2 to 1/3 this gen

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Protect, Detect, Endure, and Wide/Quick Guard all changed from 1/2 to 1/3 this gen
Could you please find where this is stated, I know they arent the most reliable sources ever, but serebii, bulbapedia, and the pokemon database all support that only spiky shield has 33% success rate after the first turn, comsecutive turn of use. (Bulbapedia says 30% on Spiky Shield but lol, its bulbapedia).

http://www.serebii.net/games/protection.shtml
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Protect_(move)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spiky_Shield_(move)
http://pokemondb.net/move/protect
The pokemon database also says Spiky Shield drops to 50% contrary to everywhere else, but i do believe that Spiky Shield is the only one that drops to 33%.

Could you please find where this is stated, I know they arent the most reliable sources ever, but serebii, bulbapedia, and the pokemon database all support that only spiky shield has 33% success rate after the first turn, comsecutive turn of use. (Bulbapedia says 30% on Spiky Shield but lol, its bulbapedia).

http://www.serebii.net/games/protection.shtml
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Protect_(move)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spiky_Shield_(move)
http://pokemondb.net/move/protect
The pokemon database also says Spiky Shield drops to 50% contrary to everywhere else, but i do believe that Spiky Shield is the only one that drops to 33%.
Smogon Research. Also last page in this thread.
No matter how many sites claim something wrong, that doesn't make it right.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
If you have 2 or more of the same pokemon with different abillities and one of them is sent out, sometimes it shows the abillity to be of the pokemon who isn't sent out

I had two mega rayquazas, one with Gale Wings and one with Contrary, and the one with Contrary was sent out and it showed its abillity as Gale Wings

Boehijt

je vraagt de definitie van almelo de riet...
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A small error: when typing /dt thousand arrows, the text stops in the middle of the description.

Not Canadian

always start with a bang
Belue Berry's type in Natural Gift is NVE against Water, whatever it is at the moment. This is incorrect. It should be Electric.

EDIT: Further testing tells me it's Ice. The implementation on Ganlon, which has the same BP and type, is correct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)