ORAS OU They Call Me ScepToad!!! [Peaked #11 with 86 GXE]

They Call Me ScepToad!!!

(art by me)
Introduction

Sup smogon, this is my first rmt here and this team is one of my best team I've ever built (I guess). This team has been bringing me a lot of fun and success, it helped me to peak#11 on suspect ladder and Seismitoad is a fun mon to use, so I do love this team! (Nelson used my team to beat OLT Winner Lyconik once in a friendly match :x)
More importantly, this team is made before Metagrossite is suspected, so this team is usable in OU with Mega Metagross on it (but u do need to play very carefully cus its a really great threat)

Obviously I'm JY Test lol
I peaked #11 with 53-14 W/L (got haxed a lot not gonna lie)

At first, I saw this core on Team Building Shop Redux, and I like the sub mega scep + banded scizor a lot, so I tried to build a team around these two mons

Then, I added talon with my favoruite set: sdef stall breaker talon, so as to deal with the annoying ferro, also fairies like mega altaria and clefable, and to deal with opposing scizor cus this talon can switch-in to any scizor safely. More importantly, it can takle zard Y and stall out the sun... and many many good things, really love this mon

Afterward, I found my team is weak to keldeo, and have no safe switch-in to scald (I don't want my sceptile to be burned), so I used Starmie as my answer to keldeo, also it can help talon to spin out the hazards

Looking at these 4 mons, I knew I'm weak to sand team that Drill can sweep my team, then I thought of lando-t was a great counter and check for opposing Drill

However, I switched lando-t to Gliscor cus I love how sdef SD gliscor and beat mega sab, switch-in to gengar, and also checks Drill.

Lastly, I do need a Stealth Rocker which is not afraid of water, also act as a bird check, so I found Seismitoad is the perfect mon for my team, and I do enjoy using the mon that is not common in OU

Team at a Glance

Team Details

Sceptile-Mega (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
- Substitute / Hidden Power Ice

I lovvvvvvvvvve this set of Mega Sceptile, it's a fast mega, even faster then all the common fast megas in OU like Mega Lopunny. I just use the standard spread for Mega Sceptile with sub +3 atks.

Dragon Pulse - To hit Dragons like the Latios and Latias, its a STAB move with 145 SpA after mega which means it can deal massive damage to any mons except walls.
Focus Blast - To hit Ferro, Heatran and Tyranitar, also to hit Scizor, Klefki if needed. (It guranteed 2HKO any types of Ferro and Heatran).
Giga Drain - Prefered cus im using sub, it does enough to take on those bulky water types like Slowbro, Azumarill and Rotom-Wash (mostly are guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock), Giga Drain also guaranteed OHKO Mega Diancie even without SR on opponent's field.
Substitute - I like using sub cus if I get the prediction right, I do gain a chance to spam any moves, and I have Giga Drain to recover the lost of HP. One of the best example is that u can predict the Sucker Punch and go for sub, then u can easily click attack without a fear of getting serious damage from sucker punch.

Hidden Power Ice - It can be an option over sub cus sdef Gliscor with SD+Roost can potentially 6-0 my team if I dont play it carefully, therefore, HP Ice can help smash Gliscor, but u do lose a chance to spam moves behind the sub, and ur opponent can spam sucker punch 1v1 ur scep.
If u use HP Ice over sub, Leaf Storm can be adopted cus u dont need HP recover as much as when u have sub, and u can have a much powerful move which guaranteed OHKO any Azumarill after Stealth Rock now (except its sap sipper ;_; and OHKO non-av azum even without SR)

Talonflame (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp / Bulk Up / Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Roost

Its a sdef Talon which acts as a stallbreaker. As it has become very common now, I have 16 spe ev instead of the standard 8 spe ev so that I can outspeed another sdef talon to taunt it (originally runs 12, and some are running 12 too.. so i guess 16 spe is fine). This thing can switch into every Scizor safely and cripple it with will-o-wisp, as well as its a safe switch to Slyveon, Clefable, even eat up a Draco at full then roost up.

Brave Bird - It's pretty self explanatory
Will-O-Wisp - Wow is to cripple lando-t and ttar on switching, also it can weaken rotom-wash, also cripple scizor, bisharp and many physical attackers. Bulk UP/ SD can be another options cus u can set up on Heatran which does not carry Stone Edge or Ancient Power.
Taunt - Taunt is a need to break stall mons like stopping clef from setting up, stalling out Quagsire, Skarmony, Chansey, Ferrothorn, Alomomola, it can even stall out Zapdos and Raikou if needed.
Roost - Important to recover the HP and the effect of losing flying type helps stalling out lots of mons using electric or rock atks

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature (Relaxed Nature if using EQ)
IVs: 0 Atk (31 Atk if using EQ)
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Icy Wind / Earth Power / Earthquake
- Toxic

Its actually a great mon in OU tho its not common at all. Its ability is so great that it can stop scarf/specs Keldeo from spamming sclad/hydros. Also it does have great defense to eat up physical attacks from Zard X, Meaga Metagross without Grass Knot, Victini without Energy Ball, Azumarill, Bisharp, Excadrill, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Lando-T, Scizor...... Even more, its a perfect check and counter of Magnezone, Mega Manetric and Thundurus without Grass Knot or Nasty Plot

Scald - 30% burn chance can be very important to cripple the physical attackers
Stealth Rock - Mainly for flying type mons.
Icy Wind - To help deal with Dragonite or some setup sweepers (shoutout to habajiga for the suggestion)
Toxic - To beat some setup sweeper without sub

Earth Power - It helps beat Heatran quicker, hit; Earthquake can be an option to hit heatran harder (Thanks ~yoda~ for the suggestion)

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 184 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off / Ice Fang
- Swords Dance / Roost
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Roost

This is another stall breaker in my team cus i hate stall ;_; Thanks cosine180 for the spread. 80 spe ev is good enough to beat another Gliscor and stopped it from SDing or taunting or roosting (i've mentioned that sdef Gliscor with SD+Roost may 6-0 my team, this is my best answer to it). This set also beats M.Sableye, Chansey, Quagsire, Chansey, Ferrothorn, Alomomola and Skarmony. Moreover, its a great answer to Gengar cus it can eat up two shadow balls. I normally use it as a check to Lando-T and Excadrill.

Knock Off - Beat Gengar, Latias, Latios and Knock off some lefties so that u can stall out a mon more easier
Swords Dance - It helps beat Mega Sableye and many walls
Earthquake - Powerful STAB move to beat Drill
Taunt - Beat stall

Ice Fang - Beat opp's Gliscor, and prevent Dragonite from setting up on Gliscor.
Roost - Roost can be an alternative over Taunt/SD to increase the number of switch-in to Gengar, also helps beat the Latis 1v1 at full by predicting Draco and use Roost, stall out Rotom Wash's hydros and finally beat it. However, roost over taunt will give u a hard time vs stall team with skarmony cus skarm can whirlwind, roost..... u cant beat it; while roost over SD will make u lose to CM Mega Sab 1v1.

*You can run Knock off, Taunt, Earthquake and Roost if your Talonflame runs Brave Bird, Swords Dance, Taunt and Roost. (Thanks Nelson for it)

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Undoubtedly, Starmie is the best spinner in OU. I like the bulky set cus it ensures me to beat Keldeo even it got CM up. I run max speed cus i found the extra def ev is not important to help me avoid some OHKO or 2HKOs and now I can force a speed tie vs Raikou if needed. It kills Gengar in one hit even without any SpA investment.
0 SpA Starmie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 260-308 (100.3 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Scald - 30% burn yummy ;P
Psyshock - OHKO Gengar, beat CM Sub Keldeo
Rapid Spin - Help talon
Recover - I like to be healthy why not

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit / Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

CB Scizor is very good to beat some setup sweepers especially those Fairies setup sweepers like Mega Altaria, Mega Diancie, Clefable. It just works like a charm. 56 Spe ev can help me outspeed standard BD Azumarill and hit it with BP before it uses Aqua Jet if neeed. 200 HP ev provides enough bulk to take some hit from Draco, Hyper Voice from Mega Altaria and Mega Gardvoir (in range of 2HKO if Garde is modest).

U-turn - Slow U-turn is great for my team cus I can guarantee get my Gliscor's toxic orb activated, send out the fast sceptile or some threats to my opponents' team
Pursuit - To trap the Lati@s or Gengar, I find pursuit is much useful than Knock Off cus Lati@s is one of the threats on my team
Bullet Punch - Beat those fairies and lots of things
Superpower - Deal massive damage to Ferro, OHKO Heatran on switch

Biggest Threats
Gliscor: As I mentioned, S.def Gliscor with SD+Roost can 6-0 my team if I dont play it carefully. My only answer to this is my owen Gliscor, or u can use SD over Wow for Talon to beat this.
Zard X: Tho this is not very common now, still it's scared to face it cus after 1 DD, it OHKO most of my mons. My solution to this is to keep my Seismitoad as healthy as possible, and to keep my Gliscor at full so that I can barely live one Flare Blitz and hit it hard with EQ, or pray that ur opponent's Zard X is slower than Mega Sceptile even after 1 DD (it happened).
Mega Gardevoir: Modest m.garde is a great threat cus it may 2HKO my scizor, and psyshock can ez 2HKO my Talon. I have to play safe to weaken this so that I can kill it with my m.sceptile, or just simply BP (not likely would stay in).
Mega Metagross: Ah.. I think I dont need to explain lol I need to scout the set to see whether it has Grass Knot, and normally I do need to burn it as soon as possible.
Dragonite: Toad without Icy Wind is a free set up for Lum Dnite; and Gliscor with Knock Off instead of Ice Fang is also another free set up for Dnite. After 1 DD in late game, pretty much game over.

Replays
VS Mega Glalie Team (You can see how Talon beat specs Raikou)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213388872
VS Trick Room Team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213391108
VS Mob Barley (my Talon got 3 paras in row was no joke lol)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213392299
Played bad in early game but Gliscor was MVP
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213395418
VS Mega Gardevoir Team (Pretty scary match cus its a great threat as i mentioned)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213418688
VS lure Heatran Team (Turn 1 OHKO my toad ;_;)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213422522
VS Sun Team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213425181
Tough game (Ferro + Heatran core is very annoying)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213658265
Another tough game (Didn't expect Thunder Punch from Mega Metagross)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-221151223
Replays from frens:
Gee Mick used it in room tour and it showcased how this team works
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-213500132

Importable
Sceptile-Mega (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

Talonflame (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Icy Wind
- Toxic

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 184 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Shoutouts
Nelson Thank u for appreciating my team and help me test out the team with some changes, also seeing u beat Lyconik with my team means a lot cus i've been always trying to improve my team building skills. (tho that was just a fun friednly match, still nice n_n) Also, thanks for bringing me to bof, I've improved a lot since then cus I can talk with and learn from many great players on smogon ;)

cosine180 Thank u for giving me some great teams which inspired me to make this team :)

Alkov Buddy!!! Thank u for being with me when I was trying to use this team to peak the ladder, and also thanks for showing ur understanding when I got haxed n_n (cus we both do y/n lol)

FalseHopes Hey, thank u for supporting me and cheering with me the whole time when I trying to peak. Also, u helped me to make this thread's name! I like it ;)

Mistaken One of my best friend on PS! Really thank you for being so nice to me and encourage me when I got haxed to death :)

Tom Bus Thank u for encouraging me to keep battling when I was doing well, and also being with me when im battling :)

DennisEG Big thanks for helping me test and discuss how to deal with the biggest threat to my team :)

Prankster. Thank you for being so nice to me and u made me realised the great threat to my team cus u almost 6-0ed me with ur sdef Gliscor once lol

Big thanks to bof, u guys are just great, i've learnt a lot from u guys so that I can finally make a team that I feel great and works great n_n Also thanks for helping me to get this thread's name, those suggested names were so funny rofl

Last edited:
Seismitoad can be replaced with Quagsire or Swampert (only downside is no water absorb). Quagsire has water absorb and unaware and recover. He'd be more of an annoying toxic user with unaware and toxic
That is a horrible selection. By using quagsire instead he loses stealth rock support which is too good not to use and given the nature of their team (bulky offense) it would be a massive momentum killer. Swampert on the other hand adds marginal bulk for the loss of water absorb, making him a lot weaker to rain and many other threats whilst comprising team synergy.
On to the actual rate I really like your team and it's structure. I would probably opt for roost over taunt on gliscor since you have stall breaker talon and the reliable recovery could definitely prove useful on gliscor when pivoting into attacks. Great job on your team and peak!

Boreos

Banned deucer.
Well i already tried ur Team now and its pretty cool and solid to use it :D

Cant find any weaks without that i lost one time 5-0 vs. a Hp ice Landoru-I and hp fire Latios.

I changed Starmie into this Set:
Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 4 SpA / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Psyshock

Well i already tried ur Team now and its pretty cool and solid to use it :D

Cant find any weaks without that i lost one time 5-0 vs. a Hp ice Landoru-I and hp fire Latios.

I changed Starmie into this Set:
Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 4 SpA / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Psyshock
Thank you for ur suggestion, I can see the point of making it bulkier :)
I used to run 224 spe ev at the very beginning until the contrary Serperior was released and ppl started to use it in OU
Then, I ran 244 spe ev for this thing, however, I found the extra 16 ev on Def or SpD isnt that helpful to avoid some OHKO or 2HKO, so I changed to max spe so that I cound win the potential speed tie if I'm forced to face it
I agreed that hp ice Landoru-I and hp fire Latios can be a bit problematic, but Talonflame can barely handle the lando-I, and Starmie+Sceptile and Scizor can revenge kill it while Latios alos outsped by Sceptile, Scizor and Talon also have priority to deal with it.

The only thing I dont like about this team is that it has both Toxic and Will-o-Wisp, and the thing about this is when I tried it out, HO Setup matchups really killed me and the only weapons I had against them were Willo and Toxic, and often the two statuses got mixed up ie.

NP Thundurus comes in on Seismitoad.

Turn 1
Thundurus Come Back, Go DD+Roost Dnite
Seismitoad uses Toxic.

That is a thing who would loathe burns, but now its immune to them. And it of course can Roost of damage for days while it sets up so play with more caution with these guys gg.

do you think there is anyway that you could intergrate a hp fire celebi into this team?
Hmm, I like Celebi but HP fire is normally needed for scizor, cus Nasty Plot + Eath Power can always beat ferro or other steel types
I may try to think about this when I have time :)

The only thing I dont like about this team is that it has both Toxic and Will-o-Wisp, and the thing about this is when I tried it out, HO Setup matchups really killed me and the only weapons I had against them were Willo and Toxic, and often the two statuses got mixed up ie.

NP Thundurus comes in on Seismitoad.

Turn 1
Thundurus Come Back, Go DD+Roost Dnite
Seismitoad uses Toxic.

That is a thing who would loathe burns, but now its immune to them. And it of course can Roost of damage for days while it sets up so play with more caution with these guys gg.
actually, its fine that getting toxic or wow on setup sweeper, wow is def better to criple physical sweeper, but toxic can also wear them down more quickly so that they are in range of scizor's BP or talon's BB

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Really fun team to use, I hadn't played OU for a while (since Mawile ban lol) but seismitoed is cool. The one thing I changed was running pursuit over knock off on scizor as surf lati@s ended up being annoying, and it was generally useful for bopping stall teams by removing the spdef jirachi for Mega Sceptile to sweep. Cool team man

Scotti

we back.
I hate rating the good teams on smogon. Hard to find things to rate. Lucky for me I found somethings, that I feel like can be improved.

Me and ABR were like for SD Gliscor counters, and one of the best gliscor counters is actually Facade > Knock off on SD Gliscor. Your team actually has a lot of cool ways to deal with gengar, like pursuit scizor, psyshock starmie, and spdef tflame can take hits pretty well. Also I find Roost > Taunt, because you just can take hits easier, and take on a variety of threat easier. I really don't have much else to say. Its hard rating a solid as shit team.

Nice team :]

Hey John. Really nice team :]. I feel like specially defensive Jirachi could be an option over Scizor; you are somewhat weak to Lati@s and Jirachi still covers the fairies that Scizor covers. It also provides wish support to keep Seismitoad healthy. You would lose some offensive presence, but Jirachi might be worth considering :]. I'll continue your trend of running extra speed on stuff - 246 instead of the usual 244, ha.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 228 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Wish
- Protect

Edit:
Tom Bus: Lyco, what do you think? Spdef Rachi or CB Scizor for John's team?
Lyconik: sp def ._.
Approved by the OLT champion.

Last edited:
Hey John. Really nice team :]. I feel like specially defensive Jirachi could be an option over Scizor; you are somewhat weak to Lati@s and Jirachi still covers the fairies that Scizor covers. It also provides wish support to keep Seismitoad healthy. You would lose some offensive presence, but Jirachi might be worth considering :]. I'll continue your trend of running extra speed on stuff - 246 instead of the usual 244, ha.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 228 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Wish
- Protect
"I'll continue your trend of running extra speed on stuff" looool

anyways, big thanks for ur rate! I think this is def a great option for me to run. As I need to defeat some of the fast mon or those set uo sweeper after some set ups for my team, is it good for me to run t-wave or body slam if i used rachi?

"I'll continue your trend of running extra speed on stuff" looool

anyways, big thanks for ur rate! I think this is def a great option for me to run. As I need to defeat some of the fast mon or those set uo sweeper after some set ups for my team, is it good for me to run t-wave or body slam if i used rachi?
I like iron head/u-turn/wish/protect for longevity and the ability to pass wishes more safely with u-turn, but Seismitoad is pretty bulky and has decent synergy with Jirachi, so body slam over u-turn could be ok :].

Tried this team out and it was incredibly fun. Sceptile is my favorite mega and lately I've had trouble using it effectively until you passed me this team. Really cool team :)

I wouldn't worry too much about Mega Gard because you have two really good checks to it (SDef Talon and Scizor). That's more prepared than most teams are for it so I wouldn't consider that to be a major threat. Metagross also isn't as big a threat as you think either, as Talon, Starmie, Scizor and Gliscor all check/counter it depending on coverage. I mean finding out said coverage can be a pain but you're pretty prepared. Gliscor can be modified to handle it a little better I guess (taking 48 EVs out of SDef and putting them in Defense makes it a harder Metagross check while still retaining good Special bulk). Unless you run into some kind of Ice Punch-Grass Knot-STABs Gross you should be fine, and that combo really doesn't exist because that makes Gross very Ferro and Tran weak.

If you have issues with SD Gliscor you could run Hydro Pump over Scald on either Toad or Starmie. Scald is nice and all but Hydro from either is a solid 2HKO univested. I think Hydro on Starmie would probably work best because Toad can abuse Scald a little more when it come to match-ups.

The team is very solid and I think your threatlist is really selling some of the threats to your team really hard when you seem well prepared for them. Have a little bit more confidence :) Mega Pinsir is also probably the biggest threat to your team, as Talon and Scizor BOTH have to revenge it (neither can outright KO) but hey, that's gen 6 for ya. It's pretty hard to have a solid answer to everything.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much about Mega Gard because you have two really good checks to it (SDef Talon and Scizor). That's more prepared than most teams are for it so I wouldn't consider that to be a major threat. Metagross also isn't as big a threat as you think either, as Talon, Starmie, Scizor and Gliscor all check/counter it depending on coverage. I mean finding out said coverage can be a pain but you're pretty prepared. Gliscor can be modified to handle it a little better I guess (taking 48 EVs out of SDef and putting them in Defense makes it a harder Metagross check while still retaining good Special bulk). Unless you run into some kind of Ice Punch-Grass Knot-STABs Gross you should be fine, and that combo really doesn't exist because that makes Gross very Ferro and Tran weak.

If you have issues with SD Gliscor you could run Hydro Pump over Scald on either Toad or Starmie. Scald is nice and all but Hydro from either is a solid 2HKO univested. I think Hydro on Starmie would probably work best because Toad can abuse Scald a little more when it come to match-ups.

The team is very solid and I think your threatlist is really selling some of the threats to your team really hard when you seem well prepared for them. Have a little bit more confidence :) Mega Pinsir is also probably the biggest threat to your team, as Talon and Scizor BOTH have to revenge it (neither can outright KO) but hey, that's gen 6 for ya. It's pretty hard to have a solid answer to everything.
Thank u for the comment and suggestions :) Hydro Pump on Starmie is a possible solution to Gliscor, or I can even run Ice beam. The reason I chose Scald because I can burn Scizor or Bisharp on switch or prediction. Mega Pinsir is def threatening to many teams tbh, wheneve I see it, i will try to set up the sr as soon as possible

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not the best at this game but shouldn't somebody be physically defensive? I understand Scizor is naturally defensive, but there is no investment still. And Talonflame has the option of running bulk up, but that requires a turn of set up. Maybe physically defensive Gliscor or Seismitoad would be a good idea? If anybody with some insight on this would enlighten me, I would appreciate it.
Teams don't have to have a physically defensive mon although most balance teams do. That being said, Seismitoad is physically defensive, so not sure what the issue is there.

Lol ive fought it several times on the ladder, its actually nb since many people run spdef talon as their only zard switchin.
Ancient power zard is really bad... Zard can't afford to give up a moveslot, as it needs stab, solarbeam, roost and either focus blast or earthquake. It's right up there with air slash on moves not to run. All it hits is sdef talonflame, and is slightly more reliable against sdef zard x I guess? Point is, there is no need to worry about the tiny percentage of people on the low ladder using ancient power zard y.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)