ORAS LC Iris: An RZL and Slurmz ORAS LC RMT (Peak:#28)

Introduction: Slurmz and I often build teams together as, we have known each other for sometime. Slurmz joined into one of my battles and like the spammer he is, "Hey, RZL, we should build a RMT."-the commas separate posts...- "What do you want to build around?", he responded, "SunnyBeam Ponyta". I responded with a quick"NOOOOO!". He then proposed Timburr, I am quite fond of Timburr, it is a great win condition, and is one of my favourite Fighting-types to use. Thus this team was fabricated around this superlative fighter.

Hey its Slurmz~ bringing a co-op rmt with rzl. As he probably mentioned, this is a team centered around BU Timburr, and placing parts around it to suceed. Hope you enjoy reading~.

Team Building Process:

Timburr is what this team is built off of, pretty self explanatory.

Abra, and Gastly are very murderous to Timburr. Stunky can come in to counter them as well as trapping them in with a STAB Pursuit.

Stunky finds problems with Ground-types, and Stealth Rocks would be nice. Fletching also causes some problems, and Archen was the best answer. These three have great synergy, I actually like this core.

Once the main core was built it became difficult to finish the team. I went with to neuter a couple of the common weaknesses such as Chinchou, and Fighting with Chinchou, and Snubbull respectively. I also needed a revenge killer so Choice Scarf Chinchou did the job.

Foongus rounds off the team nicely as, it provides a secondary check to Fighting types, and annoys many things with spore. This also provides another counter to Chinchou as well as a Pokemon to remove Fairies. Pawniard is also sometimes used in the last slot but Foongus is overall better.

The Squad

And I don't want the world to see me~
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand~

Push Over~ (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
Level: 5
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

RZL's Explanation: Timburr is an excellent Pokemon in LC in general, and I love using it but I personally have not built a team with it in a long time. Timburr is in my opinion the best Win Condition in LC, only rivaled by CM Spritzee. This Timburr is very standard, I sometimes use a more offensive version, which runs more attack opposed to the more defense ran here. Not much more to say here, other than Timburr is a really cool Pokemon that everyone should use more. Also #ScrewMienfoo

Slurmz's Explanation: The star of the show, Timburr is an excellent wincon with the previously mentioned bulk up. One bulk up boost allows timburr to easily take on fletch's acro and do tons of damage with drain punch, restoring hp. Timburr also acts as a soft check to the rock, steel, and normal type attackers that can give our team somewhat trouble. Finally, it acts as a status absorber, being able to switch in to the likes of ferroseed with relative ease, and gaining an attack boost when statused. Timburr is indeed not really a push over but it was a funny pun because he pushes his iron column. Haha... (crickets)

You're the closest to heaven I'll ever be~

Starmaster~ (Stunky) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 92 Atk / 64 Def / 108 SpA / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

- Sludge Bomb (Amaura)
- Defog

RZL's Explanation: Timburr is a great Pokemon, but Abra is a huge pain for it. Psychic always hurts, but luckily Stunky is LC's best answer to it, and we have a Stunky on the scene. Stunky comes in and pursuit traps Abra, while Abra can do almost nothing back. If you are finding trouble with Fire weak Pokemon, you can also run Fire Blast over either Defog, or Sludge Bomb.

Slurmz's Explanation: Stunky, in my opinion, is the most important member to this team. He traps many of Timhurr's common checks including Abra, Gastly, Honedge, and other annoying ghost/psychic types that try to deter Timburr from sweeping. Stunky also does well against pestering fairy types that try to hinder timburr as well, such as spritzee and to an extent, snubbull. The set itself has a couple options u can run in the last 2 slots: Fire Blast, Defog, or Sludge Bomb. I personally run with 2 attacks and no defog but its up to you and your style of play. Finally, thanks to levi for the dank nickname :].

Franz: Suggestion: Iris: An RZL and Slurmz ORAS LC RMT (Peak:#28)

You bleed just to know you're alive~

For Love~ (Archen) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe (Omastar42)
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

RZL's Explanation: Archen is one of the best Pokemon in LC, in my opinion at least, but it finds problem in dealing with Chinchou. So the only weakness to this team's main core is Chinchou, and sometimes Archen. I always find it amazing how much I really use Archen, it is on most of my teams, and always puts up more than its share of the work. Nevertheless Archen still continues this trend, and switches in on a plethora of Pokemon. I sometimes run Acrobatics over Earthquake to help out with Fighting-types, this should be used it you go with Amaura's Pawniard suggestion.

Slurmz's Explanation: Archen is our main check to many threats in the meta, including but by no means resctricted to: fletchling, houndour, larvesta, and croagunk. In general, Archen is our go-to fire spam check. Archen also supports the team with the ever-important Stealth Rock, able to wear down teams with good switches. Finally, with its defensive spread and roost, Archen can maintain its longevity so it can continuously check the threats it needs to check.

"And can't fight the tears ain't coming"

Fake Tears~ (Chinchou) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

RZL's Explanation: Choice Scarf Chinchou is awesome, and most people do not predict the Choice Scarf, and assume it is Berry Juice. Chinchou brings a secondary Fletchling check in a pinch, as well as hitting Chinchou, and Magnemite with Hidden Power Ground which are huge threats to this team. Ice Beam is used so I do not have to predict with FletchDig teams, although Scald, or any other coverage move could be ran in its place.

Slurmz's Explanation: Chinchou acts as out main momentum gainer, spamming volt switch. It also scares ground types from coming in due to water moves. Chinchou also checks some of the smashers, including tirtouga. Finally, Chinchou acts as our main revenge killer, being able to out speed tons of the meta equipped with a scarf.

Franz: Suggestion: Iris: An RZL and Slurmz ORAS LC RMT (Peak:#28)

The moment of truth in your lies~

Devious Fairy~ (Snubbull) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe (Omastar42)
Impish Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

RZL's Explanation: Snubbull is a very good offensive pivot in LC, it deals with Fighting-types, Intimidate has it's uses, and just is generally a good pivot. This is in my opinion, offensive's best Fighting-type check as, Spritzee loses way too much momentum for it to be used on a Hyper-Offence team. The Thief set is used here so, it can remove Eviolites, once its Berry Juice has been used, or Knocked Off.

Slurmz's Explanation: Snubbull is our main fighting spam check, providing Intimidate support to help beat these mons 1v1 and also having full recovery in Berry Juice. Snubbull also provides TWave support to aid a Timburr sweep late game. Snubbull also can nail potential checks with eq, weakening checks to Timburr.

Iris: An RZL and Slurmz ORAS LC RMT (Peak:#28)

When everything's made to be broken~

Lordgus (Foongus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

- Hidden Power [Fighting] (Omastar42)

RZL's Explanation: Foongus is a lord, I definitely know why Levi is in love with Foongus. It is a bulky pivot which can put something to sleep every game. It counters all Fighting-types, and can just wall them for literal days. Foongus is an OG LORD. PRAISE LORDGUS. Hidden Power Fighting is the preferred Option as, recommended by Omastar42 below.

Slurmz's Explanation: Foongus is our secondary glue mon, it helps check water types (when Chou is weakened), fighting types (when Snub is weakened), helps lessen (somewhat) our weakness to specifically Bellsprout. Foongus also provides Spore support, crippling one of ur opponents mons for a significant portion of the game.

Conclusion:

RZL's Conclusion: This was a really fun team to make, and to use, as I find much enjoyment in using Timburr. I found a new powerful core of Timburr + Stunky + Archen. The only problems that I find with the team are that it is sun weak, and is also weak to Fairy-types, and to a much lesser extent Chinchou. Shoutouts time; Slurmz Levi Sae Sae Zinnia The entire LC room, it would take me too long....and likewise with the monotype room. Tricking Brazilian Army I am sorry to everyone whom deserved a mention, I am just shit at remembering names... OP Melon trash tazz

Slurmz's Conclusion: First off, I want to thank you guys 1000% for reading this, and me and rzl worked very hard to provide the best RMT we possibly could~. Its with that I would love to thank a couple of friends that helped, chat with me, withstand me (yes thats necessary l0l), and etc. RZL2000 thanks again for building this amazing team with me and putting tons of effort into teh RMT even when I restriced to a specific format :l. Corporal Levi thank you for reviewing the team before heand and suggesting to run lord foongus over pawniard. Arifeen darkrai147 Ashaury thanks you to guys for chatting with me every day and battling with me and testing out new teams etc. Hopefully i didnt miss anyone and again, thanks for reading! This RMT actually made me ladder (l0l) and push myself and was really fun to make, hope you feel the same way. Critiques are greatly appreciated.

SLURMZ WHAT IS WITH THIS ~? Please tell me ;-; - sincerely RZL.

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 92 Atk / 64 Def / 108 SpA / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
reserving for threat list
threatlist currently in the works
E2: im 2 fucking lazy...

Black = Not a Threat
Orange = Nuisance
Red = OMG HELP! (massive threat)

S-Rank
- Mienfoo: Mienfoo is mostly handled by the likes of Snubbull, with the only possible variant that beats snubs is sd posion jab, which has risen in popularity. If they have jab foongus is ur next bet, sporing it, and gigaing it. Its a nuisance with the specific sd jab set.
- Pawniard: Pawniard can be annoying as well. Timburr checks it nicely and nothing on the team lets it get a free sd, which is nice. just keep timburr healthy and youll probably be fine.
A*
- Abra:
Hi, my name is Stunky (just keep Stunky at around 70 to live 2 lo dgleams)
- Porygon:
Timburr isn't 2HKOed by psychic...
- Timburr:
Combination of Snubs and Foongus handles it. If all else fails, bu competition with out own Timbs.
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

Aipom

C+

C

C-

Also, if there is a specific worthwhile threat in D, feel free to mention it!

Fixed...Slurmz's idea failed, I blame everything on slurmz.

Last edited:
Hi RZL and Slurmz! You've got a really nice TimbStunk team here, and it clearly has worked out well for you. There are a few things that can be changed for the better, though. Here are my suggestions:

-As this is an offensive team, I'd suggest changing Archen to a faster set with a spread of 76 HP/20 Atk/76 Def/76 Spd/196 Spe with a Jolly Nature. This set still counters Fletchling, Croagunk and Fire-types while outspeeding Pokemon like standard Chinchou and Pawniard (which is always a threat cause you dont want Timburr Knocked Off).

-On Foongus, I'd recommend using Hidden Power Fighting over Hidden Power Fire. With Timburr on your team, you don't need to immediately be rid of Ferroseed because it can be turned into set-up bait. Pawniard on the other hand is much more threatening because switching Timburr into Pawniard will wear Timburr down so that it can not sweep. Running Hidden Power Fighting helps alleviate this, as it turns Foongus into a secondary Pawn check.

-Snubbull is used to pivot into attacks, but your current spread takes more damage due to a lower defense stat. I would recommend a spread of 36 HP/196 Atk/116 Def/116 Spd/36 Spe with an Impish Nature. This spread gives 2 extra points of defense, which really help it tank hits. The drop of attack doesn't really matter because it still 2HKOes what it wants to 2HKO (fighters, Drilbur), and 10 Speed still outspeeds standard Croagunk.

That's all I have for this team (even tho I like scarf mag>chinch but the surprise factor is nice). Good team and congratulations on your peak with it!

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello guys nice team you've got there! I've 2 changes to suggest: Scarf Houndour over Stunky, this change will allow you to get a FWG core while you'll still be able to pursuit trap Gastly and Abra, and this will give more offensive pression to the opponent team. Since you've lost your defogger you could go for Staryu over Chinchou, you will continue to have hazard control and you didn't really need Chinchou to revenge kill smashers like Tirtouga because Timburr and Foongus do a good job checking it.
I hope i was useful and good job on the peak n_n I'll leave you the new sets here
Houndour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Destiny Bond

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Reactions: RZL
Okay, Franz17's changes, I know I will definitely try-out these changes, but I am more skeptical about Scarf Houndour, mainly because of this: 240 SpA Abra Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Houndour: 16-20 (76.1 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, so if rocks are up, I lose to Abra, which would be very problematic. With a change from Chinchou to Staryu, I would lose to Chinchou, which is a very big problem because Foongus can be wore down. So, Staryu relies on the change to Scarf Houndour, and both together would make me weak to Chinchou's dual STABs which is very problematic as aforementioned above.

Now, Omastar, I am going to try out all these changes, definitely going to use Fastchen, and HP Fighting on Foongus is usually my preferred option, but if I recall Levi told us to use HP Fire, it was Slurmz who asked him so, I do not know why. I will optimize Snubbull spread, if Slurmz agrees, as well as with Fastchen.

So, thank you. Slurmz is a nerd, and please look at these suggestions.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Hi RZL and Slurmz! You've got a really nice TimbStunk team here, and it clearly has worked out well for you. There are a few things that can be changed for the better, though. Here are my suggestions:

-As this is an offensive team, I'd suggest changing Archen to a faster set with a spread of 76 HP/20 Atk/76 Def/76 Spd/196 Spe with a Jolly Nature. This set still counters Fletchling, Croagunk and Fire-types while outspeeding Pokemon like standard Chinchou and Pawniard (which is always a threat cause you dont want Timburr Knocked Off).

-On Foongus, I'd recommend using Hidden Power Fighting over Hidden Power Fire. With Timburr on your team, you don't need to immediately be rid of Ferroseed because it can be turned into set-up bait. Pawniard on the other hand is much more threatening because switching Timburr into Pawniard will wear Timburr down so that it can not sweep. Running Hidden Power Fighting helps alleviate this, as it turns Foongus into a secondary Pawn check.

-Snubbull is used to pivot into attacks, but your current spread takes more damage due to a lower defense stat. I would recommend a spread of 36 HP/196 Atk/116 Def/116 Spd/36 Spe with an Impish Nature. This spread gives 2 extra points of defense, which really help it tank hits. The drop of attack doesn't really matter because it still 2HKOes what it wants to 2HKO (fighters, Drilbur), and 10 Speed still outspeeds standard Croagunk.

That's all I have for this team (even tho I like scarf mag>chinch but the surprise factor is nice). Good team and congratulations on your peak with it!
completely agreeing with all these changes, and immediately changing them on the team. ive been trying to get rzl to make archen offensive with roost! thanks for your rate!
E: and in regards to hp fight, we do struggle tons with pawn, even with timburr! it would be amazing to rid of it sooner!

Hello guys nice team you've got there! I've 2 changes to suggest: Scarf Houndour over Stunky, this change will allow you to get a FWG core while you'll still be able to pursuit trap Gastly and Abra, and this will give more offensive pression to the opponent team. Since you've lost your defogger you could go for Staryu over Chinchou, you will continue to have hazard control and you didn't really need Chinchou to revenge kill smashers like Tirtouga because Timburr and Foongus do a good job checking it.
I hope i was useful and good job on the peak n_n I'll leave you the new sets here
Houndour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Destiny Bond

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Thanks for the rate! i will defo try out scarf houndour, ive been wanting to use it for forever! however, in my opinion, i would like keeping scarf chou over staryu cuz personally i dont even run defog on stunky and i love the security blanket of scarf chou.
E: also i love the 50/50s with other chous.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
omg the formatting of this team...

Anyway, I figured I would help you out a bit, even if your RMT is extremely hard to make sense of (I assume that it meets the requirements). If I were you, I would tidy up the RMT. Right now it doesn't really look like you put any effort into it, which I'm sure is wrong. Moving on to the team, you have a massive weakness to Sun teams, specifically Vulpix+ Bellsprout. Bellsprout can just run a LO 3 attack set and just run throught your team, and you have absolutely nothing for it. I would try running Pawniard>Snubbull, as this reduces the amount of damage that Sun teams can do, as a Pawniard Sucker Punch still hurts like a bitch. It also gives you some more Knock Off pressure, allowing Timburr to burst through things better. Pawniard can pressure Fairy-types as well, as well as Abra. Running Pawniard allows you some freedom in utility as well, as you are free to run Thunder Wave in the last slot, or you can run Stealth Rock and change SR to U-turn on Archen. It's really up to you who you want to do it. I think that changing Stealth Rock over to Pawniard might be more beneficial, as it has a way easier time coming in and not losing pressure, as it can freely switch into other Stealth Rock to set up its own hazards, but that's just my opinion. This is the main thing that I think you should change, you still have strong switchins to Fighting-types with Foongus and Timburr, and Timburr can start setting up on some Fighting-types.

I think that you should run Sludge Bomb>Fire Blast on Stunky, as this allows you to pressure some things that might switch in to Stunky, such as Vullaby, with a possilbe Poison. Sludge Bomb also allows you to hit Spritzee hard, or Snubbull, whereas Fire Blast doesn't really do much. With Bulk Up Timburr, a Ferroseed should be the prime candidate to set up on, as Ferroseed can do absolutely nothing to Timburr. I hope this helped your team a little, it's pretty standard and solid, not much can be said about it.

Set

Pawniard (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock

Yeah, we had much more like a hour or so ago but Slurmz said, that he got comments saying that "We know what a move is", and that among other things. So fuck SLURMZ. I originally used Pawniard on this team, but we ran into a lot of Fighting-type trouble. I also originally ran Sludge Bomb so. I agree with you there. I put like 3 hours of work into the descriptions alone, which later Slurmz made me delete because of the aforementioned comments...Which I guess were on PS...

I will clean it up now... I will also be adding more to the descriptions..

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
omg the formatting of this team...

Anyway, I figured I would help you out a bit, even if your RMT is extremely hard to make sense of (I assume that it meets the requirements). If I were you, I would tidy up the RMT. Right now it doesn't really look like you put any effort into it, which I'm sure is wrong. Moving on to the team, you have a massive weakness to Sun teams, specifically Vulpix+ Bellsprout. Bellsprout can just run a LO 3 attack set and just run throught your team, and you have absolutely nothing for it. I would try running Pawniard>Snubbull, as this reduces the amount of damage that Sun teams can do, as a Pawniard Sucker Punch still hurts like a bitch. It also gives you some more Knock Off pressure, allowing Timburr to burst through things better. Pawniard can pressure Fairy-types as well, as well as Abra. Running Pawniard allows you some freedom in utility as well, as you are free to run Thunder Wave in the last slot, or you can run Stealth Rock and change SR to U-turn on Archen. It's really up to you who you want to do it. I think that changing Stealth Rock over to Pawniard might be more beneficial, as it has a way easier time coming in and not losing pressure, as it can freely switch into other Stealth Rock to set up its own hazards, but that's just my opinion. This is the main thing that I think you should change, you still have strong switchins to Fighting-types with Foongus and Timburr, and Timburr can start setting up on some Fighting-types.

I think that you should run Sludge Bomb>Fire Blast on Stunky, as this allows you to pressure some things that might switch in to Stunky, such as Vullaby, with a possilbe Poison. Sludge Bomb also allows you to hit Spritzee hard, or Snubbull, whereas Fire Blast doesn't really do much. With Bulk Up Timburr, a Ferroseed should be the prime candidate to set up on, as Ferroseed can do absolutely nothing to Timburr. I hope this helped your team a little, it's pretty standard and solid, not much can be said about it.

Set

Pawniard (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
Hey Amaura, thanks for the rate! Ill address everything (hopefully)

1) Im sorry about the tidiness of this, i tried to clean up not needed text by telling RZL to clear it (yes fuck u 2 rzl <3). However, what is cant be undone except through process of editing! But, no excuses can be made, it is untidy and will be fixed. my apologies.

2) RZL originally suggested we use pawniard over foonguss however, as you mentioned, sunnybeam teams ran us over without any mercy. it was with this that senor corporal levi suggested we try out Foongus due to the fact it could take a weather ball from bellsprout, the biggest threat, and proceed to weaken it to the point of sucker from stunky, mach from timburr (with some nice rolls with both moves after rocks iirc), and Archen can take a beam also.

3) The main issue i am seeing in replacing snubbull is specifically fighting spam, from the likes of pancham, mienfoo, and timburr. they can set up swords dances and proceed to sweep our team if foongus is worn down in the slightest, which isnt very hard due to the amount of pressure we put on foongus every match, checking the likes of chinchou, other electric types, drilbur, and other mons. Ill still try out pawn, see how it works and reply once again concluding my results.

4) I think this applies more to RZL than myself, I have never run defog on Stunky, ive always both Sludge Bomb and Fire Blast.

Also, in regards to fran's suggestions, im thinking on a possible houndour variant, that star does work better, so yh :l.

thnx everyone for ur honest rates and sorry for the terrible format.

I hope this clean things up a bit, and I added a bit more description because some of my explanation was in what Slurmz told me to delete. Also, Slurmz delete anything in the C Rank for the threat list as, I think C rank is rather extraneous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)