Gods and Followers

[Source]

[Play on ROM]

[Play on Pandora outdated :(]

We've all built a team where one of our Pokemon is clearly a cut above the rest, a god among 'mon. The rest of your team your team then follows in service of this deity, even making the ultimate sacrifice and becoming death fodd--err...honorable martyrs, if the need arises. This metagame takes that dynamic to the next level, with a little bit of Monotype-esque fun thrown in.

In this metagame, the Pokemon in your first slot becomes your "god," gaining no extra power but a whole lot of responsibility. This slot ignores the OU banlist, pretty much allowing you to use whatever you want, from PU to Ubers.

The remainder of your team is comprised of "followers," the faithful servants of your god. These Pokemon are limited by the OU banlist, and additionally must share at least one type with their god, as they were created in its image.

Should you fail to protect your god in battle, your entire team will be saddled with an endless Embargo, sealing the use of all held-items. Because of this divine punishment, consider it wise to sacrifice a lowly follower over letting your god collapse.

To sum it up...

Rules:

[Party Slot #1]
Bans:
Ubers banlist
Mechanic: Applies constant Embargo effect to the player's team upon fainting

[Party Slots #2-6]
Bans:
OU banlist
Restrictions: Must share at least one type with Party Slot #1

[Overall]
Bans:
Geomancy
Clauses: OU clauses

~

Possible Gods (Ubers):

Remember -- you aren't limited to Ubers Pokemon. There's a whole world of type pairings out there to use! But just for ease of reference, here are all of the Pokemon currently banned from OU and legal in Ubers. Generally, one of these will be your best bet when picking a god.

Aegislash [Steel + Ghost]
Arceus [Any Type]
Blaziken [Fire + Fighting]
Blaziken (Mega) [Fire + Fighting]
Darkrai [Dark]
Deoxys (Normal) [Psychic]
Deoxys (Attack) [Psychic]
Deoxys (Defense) [Psychic]
Deoxys (Speed) [Psychic]
Dialga [Steel + Dragon]
Genesect [Bug + Steel]
Gengar (Mega) [Ghost + Poison]
Giratina (Altered) [Ghost + Dragon]
Giratina (Origin) [Ghost + Dragon]
Gothitelle** [Psychic]
Greninja [Water + Dark]
Groudon [Ground]
Groudon (Primal) [Ground + Fire*]
Ho-oh [Fire + Flying]
Hoopa (Unbound) [Psychic + Dark]
Kangaskhan (Mega) [Normal]
Kyogre [Water]
Kyogre (Primal) [Water]
Kyurem (White) [Dragon + Ice]
Landorus [Ground + Flying]
Latias*** [Dragon + Psychic]
Latios*** [Dragon + Psychic]
Lucario (Mega) [Fighting + Steel]
Lugia [Psychic + Flying]
Mawile (Mega) [Steel + Fairy]
Mewtwo [Psychic]
Mewtwo (Mega X) [Psychic + Fighting*]
Mewtwo (Mega Y) [Psychic]
Palkia [Water + Dragon]
Rayquaza [Dragon + Flying]
Reshiram [Dragon + Fire]
Salamence (Mega) [Dragon + Flying]
Shaymin (Sky) [Grass + Flying]
Wobbuffet** [Psychic]
Xerneas [Fairy]
Yveltal [Dark + Flying]
Zekrom [Dragon + Electric]

*Does not impact the type restrictions of the team
**Considered "Uber" with the ability Shadow Tag
***Considered "Uber" while holding Soul Dew

~

Q&A:

Q: If my god has to be in the first slot, does that mean I have to lead with it?
A: No, you can choose your lead as usual.

Q: Then how do I know which Pokemon is my opponent's god?
A: The god of either team is always the farthest on the left in team preview.

Q: How can I disguise Zoroark as my god?
A: During team preview, move your god to the sixth slot.

Q: How is this different from Monotype with a weird banlist?
A: Aside from the fainting mechanic, you are not necessarily limited to one type. For example, if I put Ho-Oh in my first slot, the rest of my Pokemon can be any type combination that includes either Fire or Flying: Darmanitan and Honchkrow can be on the same team, in this scenario. However, if Kyogre is my god, only Water type Pokemon can be used.

Q: How do Pokemon that change type work?
A: Only the base form is checked when determining the type restriction of your team. For example, a team with Mega Mewtwo X as its god cannot utilize Keldeo, and a team with Xerneas as its god cannot utilize Mega Altaria.

Q: Do I have to use an Ubers Pokemon as my god?
A: Nope! While players that do so do have an inherent advantage, brave players can use an entirely OU legal team. There are perks to going this route: maybe you want to create a Water + Fairy or Fire + Steel team. No Ubers Pokemon have both these types, so you can use the perfectly viable Azumaril or Heatran as gods instead. Note that the Embargo effect applies no matter what tier your god is.

Q: If a move or ability is banned from OU but legal in Ubers, can I use it for my god?
A: It depends. Shadow Tag, for instance, is only allowed in the god slot and nowhere else. However, team-wide clauses like Baton Pass Clause follow OU, thus Smashpass Smeargle cannot be a god (not that you'd want it to be).

Q: What happens after my god faints?
A: For failing to defend your deity, your entire team will suffer an eternal Embargo. If you forgot how Embargo worked, as it is a very uncommon status effect, all non-Megastone held items will fail to function. As this isn't a primary status effect, you can still be effected by Burn, Poison and everything else. While this definitely puts you at a disadvantage, a smart player can prevail even with the lack of defensive and offensive utility that items provide.

Q: Can I provide you with cool artwork to use as your banner rather that image you stole from the internet?
A: Please do! I'd prefer you send me a PM, but you can also just post it in this thread. If you find something that you didn't make but seems more fitting than my current banner, you can send me that too.

Q: How can I apply to be on the GAF council? What does that entail?
A: If you join the council, mostly you'll be discussing bans, rule changes and viability rankings via PM discussions when the need arises. If you'd like to join, I'm imposing the following restrictions on applications: 1) you must be an active presence in the OM, either through discussion in this thread or promoting and playing it on Showdown, and 2) you must be an active presence in the OM community as a whole, either by having voice in the Other Metas room or managing an OM/OM project of your own. If you fit the above criteria, send me a PM with your application.
~

Strategies:

Bulky Gods:
While you can still effectively use offensive threats as gods, it may be worth finding one that can tank hits without fear of death. Lugia, Giratina and Groudon are all bulky as sin and can provide utility to your team without inducing the Embargo debuff.

Sweeper Gods
: Alternatively, you can build your team around eliminating threats and allowing your god to set up and sweep. Memento and Dual Screens work well for this, allowing DD-Megamence or E-Killer to obliterate the enemy with godly wrath.

Type-setting Gods
: Picking a god with a good typing may be more important than the god itself, in some cases. Dialga can provide 2/3 of a Dragon-Fairy-Steel core with its type, or you could even opt for Mega Diancie, as Rock and Fairy types are rare in Ubers, allowing you to create truly unique teams.

Phasing:
Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, Roar, Whirlwind and Red Card can not only check setup sweepers, but they may randomly force your opponent into their god before they're ready to use it, allowing you a free turn as they run away.

Cleric Support:
Wish, Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, Healing Wish and Lunar Dance can keep your god healthy, although sometimes at the cost of a follower's life. Here is a guide to clerics by god type:

Wish

Heal Bell

Aromatherapy

Wish

Heal Bell

Wish

Healing Wish

Heal Bell

Wish

Heal Bell

Wish

Healing Wish

Heal Bell

Aromatherapy

None!

Wish

Heal Bell

Wish

Heal Bell

Aromatherapy

Heal Bell

Wish

Healing Wish

Heal Bell

Aromatherapy

None!

Wish

Heal Bell

Wish

Healing Wish (+Lunar Dance)

Heal Bell

Aromatherapy

Aromatherapy

Wish

Healing Wish (+Lunar Dance)

Heal Bell

Heal Bell

Wish

Healing Wish

Wish

Healing Wish

Heal Bell
Impostor Gods
: Capturing the power of a god with none of the burden, the grand heretic Ditto may be just the god-slayer you need. Of course, using it requires your god to be at least part Normal type, so expect to see it pop up on Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan teams. Mew with Transform could also be a clutch option for Psychic-based teams.

Monotype+
: Those struggling to come up with a team can use any team legal in Monotype modes, or you can take a Monotype team and replace a member with the appropriate Arceus form. You can also upgrade rain teams by replacing Politoed with Kyogre, give Soul Dew to a team with Latias or revive that Steel type team you had when Aegislash, Mega Mawile and Mega Lucario were legal. Note that going this route neglects the use of a Pokemon's second type, so you may want to rebuild it around that fact.

~

Council:

Jajoken
InfernapeTropius11
Ransei
Kris
Chopin Alkaninoff
Quantum Tesseract
megaqwer:D
Niadev

~

Replays:

vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1,2,3]
vs.
[1,2]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1,2]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1,2]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
~

Resource Posts:
Follower Support Compendium
- List of followers that can use support moves like Wish and Defog
Follower Role Compendium (5★) - List of followers that fulfill team roles like Wallbreaker and Pivot

Analysis Posts:
Reshiram
Dialga
Mega Salamence
Skarmory

Last edited:
God Viability Rankings

★★★★★ (Five-star Rank)
These gods are nearly perfect, as gods should be. They require very little support to sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame all on their own, and their typing provides all the support options they need on the rest of their team. Five-star gods are excellent both as individuals and team players. They shape the entire metagame, and strike fear in the hearts of mon. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they will almost certainly lose as long as you don't horribly misplay your team.

Arceus (Normal)
Groudon (Primal)
Salamence (Mega)
Yveltal
~

★★★★ (Four-star Rank)
These gods are great in the metagame, but have either one noticeable flaw or several minor flaws that hold them back. They may be restricted by limited team options based on typing, predictable sets or an above-average support requirement. However, the positives of four-star gods greatly outweigh the negatives, and given the right setup, they can dominate games. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they can often lose unless they skillfully play around them with the options they have.

Arceus (Fairy)
Dialga
Genesect
Gengar (Mega)
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Kyogre (Primal)
Latios (Soul Dew)
Lugia
Mawile (Mega)
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Xerneas
Zekrom
~

★★★ (Three-star Rank)
These gods are good in the metagame, but suffer from the same problems as four-star gods and also often riskier and/or have unfavorable matchups against high-tier gods. Three-star gods still have positives that outweigh the negatives, but the negatives are serious enough that players must first consider other options. If you properly build your team to support these gods, then you are still very likely to succeed depending on team matchup. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they still have a decent chance to win depending on how smart they play.

Aegislash
Arceus (Dark)
Arceus (Rock)
Blaziken
Blaziken (Mega)
Darkrai
Giratina (Origin)
Hoopa (Unbound)
Kyurem (White)
Landorus (Incarnate)
Latias (Soul Dew)
Lucario (Mega)
Mewtwo (Mega X)
Shaymin (Sky)
~

★★ (Two-star Rank)
These gods are decent in the metagame, but are often outclassed and/or risky to use. Two-star gods are still deadly in certain situations, but there are options that are either safer, more reliable or just flat-out superior. Despite being less viable, these gods still have niches that make them usable in the metagame. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they still probably have ways to exploit their weaknesses to gain the upper hand.

Arceus (Electric)
Arceus (Fighting)
Arceus (Ghost)
Arceus (Grass)
Arceus (Ground)
Arceus (Poison)
Arceus (Steel)
Arceus (Water)
Deoxys (Attack)
Ferrothorn
Giratina (Altered)
Greninja
Mewtwo
Mewtwo (Mega Y)
~

★ (One-star Rank)
These gods are mediocre in the metagame, and should almost never be used. One-star gods are either totally eclipsed by other gods in viability, or are simply so bad that their niche isn't worth exploring. With skillful teambuilding, especially if the god has a unique type, teams can still succeed with these gods, but it's an uphill battle. When a god resides in the Ubers tier but isn't viable in the metagame, it will be ranked here. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they'll still have an advantage over you as long as they're reasonably skilled and have a good team.

Arceus (Bug)
Arceus (Dragon)
Arceus (Fire)
Arceus (Flying)
Arceus (Ice)
Arceus (Psychic)
Deoxys (Normal)
Deoxys (Defense)
Deoxys (Speed)
Gothitelle (Shadow Tag)
Groudon
Kangaskhan (Mega)
Wobbuffet (Shadow Tag)
~

Last edited:
Teambuilding Archive

If you'd like to contribute to the archive, post an importable team file in the thread with an explanation of how the the team functions, particularly on how the god is supported. I'll credit you in this post and list the team for other people to use. My goal with this project is to have one good team available for each Ubers Pokemon so that new players can use this as a resource to pull out teams for their favorite god. It also makes it easier to test viability, as there will be quality teams for each god that users can pull out and modify to see how certain Pokemon fare in the metagame.
Aegislash (Steel + Ghost)
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

I don't know how to build a stall team, but Ghost and Steel are great defensive types and Sub Toxic Aegislash is annoying. Jellicent, Heatran and Gourgeist create a powerful FWG core, Jirachi provides Wish support to heal up Aegislash/Heatran, and Sableye is a slow and powerful booster. Dark Pulse was chosen over Shadow Ball because this team has trouble against Normal types. Hazard control is absent because this team doesn't really need it and Magic Bounce exists.

Arceus (Any Type)
le creator (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

le blob (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

le melody (Meloetta) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Hyper Voice
- U-turn

le round bear? (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Whirlwind
- Return
- Rest

le lizard (Heliolisk) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Thunder Wave

le burd (Braviary) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Seeing the team above and my position in this tournament, you're probably wondering "Where's Mega Kangaskhan

Arceus in this team is truly meant to abuse its lovely good Swords Dance Extreme Speed set without the worry of being vulnerable to hax from Pokemon including Darkrai with Magic Coat and Lum Berry. It takes down Uber Pokemon that have rather low defense and HP stats and can set up to fend off against the more bulkier Pokemon. With Earthquake, Arceus is also able to take down the Steel and Ghost-type Pokemon that resist and are immune to Arceus's Extreme Speed.

Chansey is meant to be a bulky healer that can pack a revenge "punch". That is literally just about it. Chansey also has the standard Seismic Toss to chip HP off of Pokemon who tend to just sit around, setting up or stalling.

Meloetta is the best special attacker this team could hold, having great bulk and SpA while having fairly high speed to move first. Meloetta is like the Special Arceus but in its/her melody form. It uses mostly just STAB moves to break the opponent and makes so much good use for it because it has Choice Specs. With Trick, it can switch its Choice Specs item for another item, locking the opponent into using just 1 move.

Snorlax... ohhhh Snorlax. You've done so much for me in that Last God Standing round one tournament. You've earned yourself a big pat on the back! Snorlax is one scary Pokemon to face. It's already bulky with high HP and SpD, but has fairly low Def. Even though it has fairly low Def, it paid itself off with that massive 160 base HP. Snorlax in this team basically sets up the move Curse to raise its good Attack and poor Defense higher while it also has a backfire of slowing down the Pokemon. In Snorlax's case, I wouldn't worry about speed. It has STAB return to do significant damage to foes that it gets put up against after several turns of using Curse. I gave it Whirlwind so that it could be able to force the opponent to randomly switch out their Pokemon to another random Pokemon if I feel that they're a threat. I also gave it rest so that if it were to have low HP in the process of setting up, its HP would heal straight back to 100% and everything will be fine... until it happens to get hit by a CRITICAL HIT DIAMOND STORM!!!
THANKS DIANCIE!

Heliolisk is Arceus-Melody's backup. Oh sorry; I meant Meloetta's backup. Like Meloetta, it packs in a lot of SpA to hit hard with its special moves. It also provides the ability to use STAB Electric-type moves which could help against Flying-type Pokemon and it has Water-type coverage to take down those Ground-types that try to beat it. WARNING: Water-type coverage IS NOT usable on Groudon-Primal so more than likely, this strategy would be bad if you were to face a monotype Ground team. This doesn't make Surf useless though because there are other Ground-type Pokemon who have a second typing that can be used in the monotype of those secondary types. For example: Rhyperior in a team where Arceus-Rock is the Uber. I personally use Thunder Wave just in case Heliolisk is facing a Pokemon that it can't defeat and I can't risk switching anything much to. I can at least make a last resort, or even a first resort, to make the Pokemon much slower and occasionally gain the inability to move during random turns.

Braviary in my team was solely in it for one job. That job is being a defogger. Braviary is one of the best defoggers that Normal-type teams could pray for to remove hazards before it's too late. He's somewhat bulky enough to take in more moves and with more attack than Skarmory, chip chunks of HP off the opponent. He has U-Turn to pivot around opponents and predict their actions usually after he's done defogging. The reason he has Roost is kinda self explanatory. The bird need to rest whenever he need to rest. When he has low HP, he can restore some of it back again thus being able to survive longer to use Defog whenever I need it.

Nicknames and reasons:
Former Pokemon:
le parent (Kangaskhan) Every Kangaskhan is a parent.

Current Pokemon:
le creator (Arceus): Arceus is the creator of the Pokemon world.
le blob (Chansey): Chansey is a blob.
le melody (Meloetta): Meloetta is the personification and symbol of melody and its essence.
le round bear? (Snorlax): There's a good chance that Snorlax is at least part round bear. I can't confirm it though.
le lizard (Helioisk): Helioisk is a lizard.
le burd (Braviary): Braviary is a burd.
Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I got PDon as opponent when I remember thinking I was picking Water Arceus, but the viability made me think Dark Arceus was a more solid option. So I ran Support Darkceus because any Arc with that bulk is just painful especially when everythings OU weak. When building this I ran Defog > SR on Darkceus for some really stupid reason I can't possibly think of right now, but I got the job done so it's fine. I chose the five Dark type mons I thought ground types would have trouble with most. Everything else there is standard I don't need to explain :S
deg is cute (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

deg is sweet (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Substitute
- Fake Out

deg is love (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

deg is funny (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

deg is brave (Staraptor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

deg is nice (Heliolisk) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot

Sanjay with the Greninja. I didn't know what to expect other than DEG telling me he would bring Mega Sableye and stuff like that (he didn't luckily). Ran Chansey lead which sounds bad, but is actually worse in practise, I should've ran Smeargle but it's whatever. More HO because I'm very uncreative when it's not AG I'm playing. Lop > Pidg because superior and Dark types, Arc set is standard AG, PZ specs because I wanted power and had enough speed in Arc and Lop, Raptor seemed decent (I'm sure I had a reason to add it I just can't recall). Heliolisk was for the water types he could run. Greninja Stall would've honestly been really nice for him and I doubt I could've broken ^o^
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Roar

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Rain Dance

Barbaracle @ Air Balloon
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

Didn't like the Dialga draw but it wasn't too bad I guess. I stole the Waterceus and Barb sets from AG because they both work wonders (credit thimo for barb evs/set). He had no way to stop Barb at +2/+2 so tried to make a team that allowed that to come in and win. Ran another HO team :S. Volc obv for Steel types, Kingdra for Dragons, Azu to apply pressure and Gyara to slow them down if needed. In the game pretending to accidentally sack off Gyara seemed to work well enough so I could make him think I had no ground resist. Barb just came in and won.
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Ice Fang
- Superpower

Barbaracle @ Air Balloon
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

I stole every set from AG, which just sounds like me being idiotic but the sets don't differ that much between AG and standard play, so it doesn't matter. Ice Beam Lure TTar for the inevitable LandoT, assumed it would lead so had a pretty decent answer to LandoT that could just set rocks and win, but no he had to be difficult and send in something else :( Tyra + Terrak + Dianc seemed to be a must since all three were lovely against Yveltal, ran Tyrantrum to apply pressure when Aero should've been ran over it to prevent ground weakness that made me sack something to get Tyra in safe. Barb got haxed it's not my fault :(
Kung Fu God (Arceus) @ Fist Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Refresh
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Thax (Toxicroak) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Toxic

Annihilate (Infernape) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Slack Off

Shiver (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Underwhelm (Medicham) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Punch Out! (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Toxic
Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Recover

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

The EVs for Arceus make it as bulky as possible both physically and specially. I put defog on Arceus because it's the only good Pokemon that's possible to use it on this team. This Arceus is supposed to wall Pokes when Porygon2 and Chansey are low HP and kill off weakened Pokes. Porygon2 is the physical wall of this team and is usually the MVP of my battles. Best lead most of the time. Chansey is the special wall. I'm not sure about this, but for Chansey it might be better to switch out wish and protect for toxic and soft-boiled. Mega Loppuny is the fast physical attacker. Meloetta is the bulky special attacker. Meloetta is usually the least useful member, but without it, this team would face off really bad against Primal Groudon teams. Ditto is for revenge killing the Pokes that boost to break past Pory or Chansey. It's always the MVP when facing against Mega Ray and Mega Luc teams. The Pokes that give this team the hardest time are Mega Sableye and magic guard Clefable.
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Grass Knot

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Spikes

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Blaziken (Fire + Fighting)
Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Knock Off

Ninetales @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Darkrai (Dark)
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch

Darkrai is Sludge Bomb NP, primary wincon that sleeps shit and sets up on them. Bisharp is my physical win con and primary fairy check. Tyranitar is Lefties Rocks b/c I had no rocks setter, and Krook is a more useful vs the likes of Mewtwo, as well as my Ho-oh check. Weavile is the cleaner. Krook is my scarfer and Bisharp check. Finally, Sharpedo-M is my other cleaner/wallbreaker, Zen Headbutt gives me an actual chance vs fighting.

Deoxys (Psychic)
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Nasty Pass filth tbh, not much else needs to be said. Deo-A has enough attack (iirc, I made it a while back) to KO Latios with Knock Off while maxing out speed so as not to be outsped by things like MScept and outspeed as many scarfers as possible. +2 Psycho Boost (if I can get Celebi to pass onto it safetely) hits UNNATURALLY hard, 2hkoing Aegislash of all things. Alakazam is my revenge killer, either crippling stuff with TWave or outright KOing with it's attacks. Celebi is the big passer and Exca check. Standard spread from Smogon because I'm a lazy fuck, with Recover to pass multiple times. Next is Azelf, my suicide lead. Stealth Rock for rocks, Explosion for booming and preventing defogs and rapid spins, Taunt to stop other cheeky rocks setters, and Skill Swap because fuck Mega Sableye. Mega Medicham is my physical wallbreaker and Scarf Krook check. 56 Def EVs let it live 1 +1 Scarf Krook EQ iirc, and it's just standard BoltBeam with Fake Out. Finally, we have Scarf Victini, my last +2 abuser and a more reliable Scarf Krook check. +2 130 base power Fire STAB stings, even from a measly base 100 special attack stat.
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Memento

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

This is all-out hyper offense, with no defensive backbone to speak of. Azelf sets hazards, with Fire Blast over other options to punish Skarmory, which is much more common in GaF than Mega Sableye or Mega Diancie. Deoxys-A and Medicham both lack switch-ins, while Sash Zam provides an emergency check to setup sweepers (something this team really needs). Specs Latios is another wallbreaker that lures some of GaF's more common threats: Thunderbolt nails Skarmory while still hitting targets you'd need Psyshock for (Keldeo, Azumaril), while Hidden Power Ground deals with Heatran and also takes on Primal Groudon, as Latios resists both its STABS and can handle the common SpDef BU set. Scarf Jirachi gives a good defensive type that will help you in a pinch while also giving a chance to come back through lucky flinches. Three of these Pokemon have suicide moves because you can't directly switch Deoxys-A into anything, but if it does come in, it usually gets a kill.

Dialga (Steel + Dragon)
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Genesect (Bug + Steel)
Boing (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

No Sableye (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

FightFireWithFire (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Earth Power

Edward (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off

Not this joke again (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Little Psychopath (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Basically, Klefki sets up screens + spikes, then hangs back to check everything sweeperish not named double dance grounds or sweeper electrics. Then, Genesect softens up the team with repeated U-turns until they're frail enough for an MSciz or Bisharp sweep, with Heatran existing to check BU Rest-Talk PDon. Excadrill sets rocks if I need them - The reason I went with this and not the usual bulky ground rock setters is because my team is weakish to Mega Sableye and it just doesn't care about Mega Sableye thanks to Mold Breaker. In case you're wondering, Klefki's name is a reference to one of Dookieshed's series, Mega Scizor is the hyper original Edward Scissorhands reference, Bisharp is a jokeception thing, Heatran is referencing "fight fire with fire" (because it walls out only Fire Punch PDon).

Gengar (Mega) (Ghost + Poison)

Giratina (Ghost + Dragon)

Greninja (Water + Dark)
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Low Kick

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Groudon (Ground)
Primal Goddon (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Roar
- Rest

Egyptian Demon (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Sluggish (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Support (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Shatter (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Endure (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Roost

I've avoided talking about Nidoking in the thread because I think a big part of its utility was that people weren't used to the idea of taking it seriously -nonetheless, it has enough firepower and good enough coverage that there are teams where any switch is going to result in a KO if predicted correctly, either a OHKO outright or a 2HKO where Nidoking outspeeds. It hits so hard that I do things like smack Skarmory with Ice Beam for the 2HKO just in case they switch in Landorus-Therian or the like. (Since Sturdy ensures that Thunderbolt won't be a OHKO) Its Speed tier is problematic and turns it into a sacrifice against some teams where literally everything will outspeed and OHKO it -such as some Psychic teams- but there are other teams here the God is the only thing faster than it, or where the God isn'tfaster than it because the God isn't Speed invested, and so Nidoking can sweep the entire team by itself.

I originally implemented Donphan entirely as a spinner, one that wasn't Excadrill (Historically, when I try to use Excadrill as a spinner, it doesn't work for me), but I've found it to be an amazing global check. Outside of Mold Breaker Pokemon and multi-hitters (eg Breloom) it can revenge-switch in on basically anything and grab the KO. It's also able to maul Landorus-Therian and Garchomp with Ice Shard, survive whatever they do between its incredible bulk and Sturdy, and hit them again, usually finishing them. It also works as a counter to most Focus Sashers if I can revenge it in, as most Focus Sashers in the tier aren't carrying priority themselves.

Everything else is pretty generic/has already been discussed a lot.
Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Bulk Up
- Fire Punch
- Sleep Talk

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Clear Smog

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

Ho-oh (Fire + Flying)
BIRD (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Burninate (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Har (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Roost

Erupt (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

EYES (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Fry (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost
God (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Substitute
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Defog

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Roar

Ho-oh's set is standard, but I was iffy on whether I should speed creep base 90s or not because, this isn't really Ubers, but I did it anyways. Lando helps with the Pdon weakness this team has, and gives me a fast revenge killer to smack mons with. I thought about changing this to SubTox Gliscor to help with the Pdon weakness but idk. Thundurus is amazing, crippling the opposing team with paras so Ho-oh can spam its moves. Unfortunately also struggles vs Pdon, an can literally switch into anything it uses an OHKO back. Skarmory is the Mega Mence check, and supports Ho-oh by keeping rocks off the field. I put Charizard expecting Dragon-spam from the ladder. I didn't see too many but I'm only a couple matches in. Standard set, max speed to outspeed those random scarfed 100s. Heatran forms a nice core with Skarm. While Heatran can take fire and most electric moves for Skarm, the latter can take fighting and ground moves for Heatran. This is really fun team and you should give it a try

Hoopa (Unbound) (Psychic + Dark)
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic

Medicham @ Medichamite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Final Gambit

Hoopa-Unbound has almost unparalleled power, and it distinguishes itself from Yveltal and Darkceus teams with handy Psychic types. The beast itself is using a Choice Specs set, I'm personally more of a fan of Life Orb Hoopa-U but Choice Specs was the most popular OU set before its untimely demise at the hands of the suspect ladder. Trick because it doesn't really need the coverage much. Mandibuzz is a solid defensive mon, and the team's best answer to U-turn and Ground types. It also clears hazards, and with Foul Play it can really hurt mons like Talonflame, Arceus, and Belly Drum Azumarill. Mega Medicham is another powerful wallbreaker with few true switch-ins. I'm using the double priority set (my favourite) to check offensive Pokemon since we got plenty of wallbreaking to go around. The main target is Mega Altaria, which can give this team headaches otherwise, but it also lets Medicham potentially revenge stuff that is tough to switch into, like Gengar, Tornadus-T, or the aformentioned BD Azumarill. Jirachi is the team's hazard setter and it actually has excellent synergy with Mandibuzz. It can also paralyze things, letting them be dealt with easier by Medicham and Hoopa-U. It's also a consistent switch-in to most Fairy types, although it can be worn down by them. Crawdaunt is another wallbreaker and a potential win condition. It can check Fire types like Heatran, who can be pretty troublesome otherwise, although it struggles to switch into most of them. For the last slot I wanted a Scarf user that could check Mega Scizor, so here's Scarf Victini. I considered Scarf HP Fire Latios (it would help with Manaphy, but that dies to boosted Scizor, and I had another Defog user anyways. Besides checking Mega Scizor, who can kind of have a field day with the rest of the team, it can revenge Manaphy, another threat that can just tear this team apart, although to do that it might be worth it to maintain HP for Final Gambit (Bolt Strike does like 75%). Speaking of Final Gambit, it's there cause I had Trick on Hoopa-U, but also because it can deal big damage to threats that are tough to handle otherwise, like Mega Charizard X. If it fails to kill something, you can pick it off with priority the turn after.

Overall, pretty solid team. Obscenely strong wallbreakers + priority is fun and handles a lot of different teams, in theory. It seems to be fairly stable and not overtly weak to any one threat oh wait Mega Mawile sheeeeeiiit.

Kangaskhan (Mega) (Normal)

Kyogre (Water)
Kyogre (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 20 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Encore

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Kingdra @ Life Orb
EVs: 64 Atk / 216 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Hydro Pump
- Waterfall

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Empoleon @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 8 SpA / 160 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

This is a primal kyogre team with which I was #1 of the ladder for like 40% of the entire ladder duration. I've only lost with it due to either playing really terribly (which I do) or by getting haxed to shit so I'd say it's a more than decent team.

It's built for setting up for a pogre sweep late-game. It's a defensive behemoth compared to most ou mons. With enough defense investment and a calm mind up, barely anything can get through it and hopefully the things that can have been eliminated by then. With almost all defense investment, most things don't even 3hko it. Special mons can be beaten through calm mind and an insane SpD stat.

Pogre works really well with politoed to time rain turns. It might seem like a disadvantage that it stops the rain from working but in fact you can switch into toad either sacking it or switching it out for later use and you'll immediately have 8 turns of rain again, regardless of what the rain counter was at before. This allows you to set up sweeps quite nicely with either swampert or kingdra.
Politoed should mainly be used to set up rain and encore a possible sweeper. There's a bunch of firepower in the back so if something gets encored into setup there'll be something that can at least 2hko it afterwards. It can also force the opponent to attack and kill you quickly, giving you a bunch of rain turns to work with.

Swampert and kingdra are the main ways of smashing holes in opposing teams and abusing the rain. Keldeo serves as a nice glue to prevent stall teams from switching in and out between physical/special walls, stalling out rain turns.
Protect is quite important on swampert and allows you to not have to lead out with it.
Kingdra is capable of killing mence even at -2 with draco after rocks so don't worry about it setting up after you've used a draco. Draco meteor is usually better than outrage but outrage can be used after a draco has already been dropped.

Empoleon serves as an important last member in that it stops other gods and scary things from setting up. It usually has enough bulk to survive any hit, but sash is often important in a meta where mons can have insane power. Ice beam is chosen over a water move to deal with all the dragons. Plus I have enough water stab on my team.
Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Now, this team is obviously built around fast, hard hitting tools, being some kind of reminiscent of 4th and 5th gen Rain HO... lacking certain mons, due to the nature of this meta. This means, the choice of Scarf Ogre is basically a be all end all. You don't want Rain HO without Scarf Ogre in this meta, just putting that out there.

Politoed, the main rain inducer. Required on any rain team for the incredibly useful ability.
M-Swamp is the first of the two Swift Swimmers, and also on the side the team's rocker. Prankster T-wave check as well.
AV Azu to get some special bulk in. Nice for Fairy-spam teams. Gets a CB boost on Waterfall and Aqua Jet in rain anyways.
Kingdra is the second Swift Swimmer, using powerful attacks to wallbreak and accurate yet not as strong moves to ping down weakened foes.
Rotom-W is the resident P-don/Tflame check, as any rain team should have. Switches in, toxics, and sits there like an ass for a while wondering what it's doing with it's ghastly life.

The Gameplan is to keep rain up as often as possible, if you have to sacc Toed for the purpose then do it. Outside Rain, you'll get overwhelmed, inside you'll be the overwhelming.
Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Politoed @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Encore
- Rest

Swampert @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Kingdra @ Life Orb
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Waterfall
- Outrage

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Aerial Ace

Really standard bar Mana who has Energy Ball for Jellicent and Psychic for Tcroak

Kyurem (White) (Dragon + Ice)

Last edited:
Landorus (Ground + Flying)
Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Defog

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

The idea of the team is to apply offensive pressure as much as possible. Thundurus is an offensive nightmare, Lando only really needs a softened team and the freedom to Rock Polish and it's GG, Zard X is OU's most threatening sweeper atm, Garchomp lays rocks, Talonflame Revenge Kills and Zapdos Defogs. I don't remember the teambuild process, but apart from Lando itself, it's probably my least intelligently built team tbh. It was built just to test Lando, though, so it's understandable.

Latias (Dragon + Psychic)
Latias @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Wish

Garchomp @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpA
Lax Nature
- Roost
- Fusion Bolt
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Psyshock

Alrighty so heres the team thats worked pretty well for me after several renditions. For starters the god is soul dew latias because 1.) soul dew is broken and 2.) Latias is more bulky than her brother. her moveset is pretty simple, wish is flexible, there are times where latias will use it for herself so she can keep sweeping or bestow a blessing unto one of her loyal followers. defog is being ran because i really dont like dealing with entry hazards, and by running defog here i was able to drop starmie and run victini as a major F-you to skarmory. psyshock and draco are pretty self explanitory because theyre a powerhouse and there are plenty of times ill send latias in to get a kill or two then fall back. garchomp is a set i toyed around with a lot. i knew he would be my rocker so stealth rock was in, i also knew that i wanted to run earthquake because earthquake. i settled on toxic because status (although i am toying around with swords dance in this slot as well) and the last move is roar in hopes of pulling their god out early and hitting a mon with toxic (or maybe getting it off on their god?) i was running D-tail but with xerneas being a very real threat i swapped it for roar which seems to be doing fairly decent. Gardevior is another standard set built to sweep, there really isnt anything special there. Kyu-B was built to kill stuff as well (if you couldnt tell by the name "kill squad". roost is there because recovery is good, stab ice beam and meteor are self explanitory and Fusion bolt because even running a mixed set Kyu-b is strong enough to take things down, plus after a meteor since bolt is physical i can still hit hard after droping a meteor. mew is a standard stallbreaker set, because this team wants to kill everything it sees, and stall/walls just arent any fun. lastly is scarf victini because again F-you skarmory.

Latios (Dragon + Psychic)
Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

This is my favorite team atm. It's quite simple, and it's undergone a single change after M-ray's ban: Zam has been added to the team in favor of Scarf Kyu-B.

Now, at first look, you'll probably see that this team is pretty weak in general to Fairy Spam, right? Well, not really. As it is, I've got an 8-0 record against such teams. And Mega-Medi and Mew are the two that's done the most important stuff in these matches, not Rachi.

Anyways, the team is built around Soul Dew Latios for several reasons. First of all, he hits insanely hard, he is pretty bulky on sp.def side (not amazing, but yknow) which allows me to actively use him in battles instead of being on the back until "sweeptime" which many players seem to utilize their Gods for. The next reason is his typing, Dragon/Psychic, which allows me a plethora of solid 'mons to support him. Including, but not limited to, Kyu-b, D-nite, Hydreigon, Rachi, Mew, Celebi, Zam, MMedi, Chomp.. you get the point. Now granted, Psychic isn't exactly Flying (By all means the best typing in this meta), but it's got it's uses.

Anyways, Lati is used as a wallbreaker in a core alongside MMedi, as they support eachothers quite well. MMedi takes care of things like Heatran, while Lati destroys Hippo.. as an example. I run the double-prio MMedi set mainly to handle the Xern-matchup easiler, as Xern simply cannot setup against him, and BP takes care of frailer things like M-diancie/M-Gard. Basically, only the bulky fairies like Azu and Togekiss can actively switch in. His presence alone upon receving a free-switch in puts such humongous pressure on the opposing team, against all teams but MSab/Aegi/Doublade teams. So few things wants to switch in, it's insane. Following up, the team needed a rocker and Talon check, and with the typing restrictions I couldn't find a choice superior to TankChomp. Not that's he's bad, don't mistake me. A bulky ass shit which annoys things like MLop, u-turners like Rachi, Birdspammers, yeah. This team can utilize the chip damage from the Helmet+Skin combination quite well, with MMedi's priority being a standout reason as to why. Moving on, I needed a scarfer which makes it easy for things like MMedi and Lati to switch in, and Jirachi forces many switches on his/her own. Most mons that resist or tank Iron Heads well basically get destroyed one way or another by either wallbreaker, allowing Jirachi to clean up late-game alongside his super-smart friend Zam. As for Zam, the new-comer, he was added as a "last-ditch" mon (hence the focus sash over Life Orb), allowing me to twave things before it gets out of hand. More specifically, any God will hate the twave aside from like that Dragon/Electric which I forgot the name of. Things like Xern even post-geomancy is a target. So you could say he's a pseudo-prankster Twave user. In a way. Kinda. Finally, we got Mew, which is sort of a standard Stallbreaker set really. It's bulk is tremendous (even survivng +2 Xern Moonblasts at full), but it's more there to annoy the opponent in early-mid game as it's pretty hard to tear down unless you Tox/Burn it. And even then, you risk statusing yourself due to Synchronize. All in all a good mon imo.

So, as you can see, this team uses more of the Psychic-part of Lati's, with the general game plan to dish out huge damage early on so that Rachi can either go for an Iron Head Sweep or even Healing Wish any of the weakened threats to resume the pounding. This team doesn't maintain momentum as well as it should, but the very offensive pressure alone gives you quite a lot of momentum on it's own.

Poor matchups:
YVELTAL
Let me put it out there, Yveltal teams easily 6-0s this squad. Sadly.
Any team carrying Weavile/Bisharp will have an easier time handling this team, as the switch-ins are heavily limited and SD Bisharp 6-0s if it gets a boost. Mew's speed "luckily" speedcreeps Jolly 70's, so you can Will-o it before things goes real bad.
Aegislash teams has the potential to crush this team as well, as Rachi, MMedi and to an extent Lati struggles to damage Aegi. Even worse matchup if they carry MSab (my way of dealing with it is will-o-wisping with Synchronize Mew before Dracoing it lmao)

I like it, and I wanted to share it, because it's pretty anti-meta atm through the shadows. Have fun c:!

Lucario (Mega) (Fighting + Steel)
Lucario @ Lucarionite
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Mega Lucario is standard fare. It does a lot of damage with STAB moves but you can run Stone Edge cause this team is pretty weak to Ho-oh. Skarmory is pretty standard too, and it can check a lot of the Ground types that can hurt Mega Lucario. It's a shame about Primal Groudon though. Heatran has pretty good synergy with Skarmory, and it can check most Electric types. Between the two of them they can get up a lot of hazards to wear opponents down. It can Toxic stuff which is really important. Toxic is your only means of beating some pokemon like Slowbro, which is a real thorn in the side of this team. Excadrill is your standard revenge killer that can also remove birds. It doesn't have Rapid Spin because this team is really hazard-proof, so I just slapped on another Toxic to hit incoming Landorus-T on Groudon teams and stuff. Rapid Spin is probably pretty usable too, but really only against Spikes stacking teams. Keldeo is SubCM, which is pretty solid and can deal with some Water types that trouble this team. It beats the passive Water types that would check something like Specs Keldeo. Sub also lets you wear down Toxic'd mons (like Primal Groudon). AV Conkeldurr is a relatively uncommon set nowadays, but it serves the role of checking strong special attackers like Thundurus and Gengar, who can just click Focus Blast and get a kill. Thundurus is especially a problem cause it can't be OHKO'd by Mega Lucario, and it forces Excadrill to use Rock Slide.

Overall this team has some good wallbreaking power, and it's very status-proof and hazard-proof. But fuck Primal Groudon, seriously.

Lugia (Psychic + Flying)
Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpA / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick
Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Roost
- Aeroblast
- Whirlwind

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Mawile (Mega) (Steel + Fairy)
Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
the maw of doom (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

flaming spider8itch (Heatran) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Substitute

gaf ladder intensifies (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Counter
- Stealth Rock

ima excadrill u bby (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

AZOO KAZOO (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpD
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

attractive af (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Magnet Rise

The Mega Maw set was SubPunch because Heatran on my opponent's side was basically guaranteed because of Mega Maw. I could sub on the switch and keep spamming Focus Punch until the sub broke, by which time I'd ideally have gotten at least one kill due to the lack of sturdy fighting resists. Of course it never got to shine thanks to Wisp Volcarona but oh well. Next was a Heatran of my own for my opponent's Genesect. This was Sub to dodge a potential Bisharp's sucker and fire off a tasty Lava Plume. Taunt stopped any Skarm defog shenanigans. Next, we have Skarmory because, well, it's Skarmory, it checks so many things oml. This set was counter for in case Genesect was Shift Gear Blaze Kick (it actually was but it never got shown) and it also set rocks. Shed Shell would let me, in theory, escape Magnezone, who was guaranteed practically. Next was Excadrill in order to clean late game and revenge things like Mega Metagross, as well as Spin. Brick Break is for Screens from Klefki, which were a bit of an issue and significantly neutered Mega Maw's shenanigans. Next, we have Azumarill, who could do severe damage late game, and actually took out a 'mon or two before going down. 30 special defense IVs were to give a special attack boost to Genesect and reduce the chip damage Heatran would take from U-turn from choice sets, as well as stop it from getting the boosts for Shift Gear to reach +2 attack. Finally, we have Magnezone, who was there to remove Skarmory and check opposing Excadrill thanks to Air Balloon Magnet Rise, also allow me to trap and remove it.

My biggest concern with this was the general lack of a reliable Volcarona answer (and lo and behold it swept me), so I aimed to play in a way that I set up BD Azu as soon as possible, kept rocks up and kept Skarm healthy, and preserve Heatran in case it wasn't HP Ground. I did the first one, sorta did the second but failed to do the last because HP Ground Magne is fire oml

Names:
the maw of doom: It's got two dangerous maws that can OHKO stuff.
flaming spider8itch: reference to Vriska from Homestuck, on account of Heatran's spider-esque design (though missing half a spider's leg count) and the fact Vriska is obsessed with Spiders (or something like that anyways)Please don't kill me I'm not (complete) homestuck trash
gaf ladder intensifies: Reference to Jajoken 's gif accurately describing the initial GaF ladder usage stats
ima excadrill u bby: "I'ma Excadrill you baby" - ExaDRILL, innuendos and shenanigans. Also note the fact it's set to male. incoming bullshit angry tumblr rant from hypersensitive tumblrinas who can't take a joke
AZOO KAZOO: Reference to someone in an OU room tour who typed "AZOO KAZOO" into chat whenever Azu came out a while back.
attractive af: obvious tbh

Mewtwo (Psychic)

Palkia (Water + Dragon)
Rated 18 and over (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Wish you better (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald

Not an iPhone (Manaphy) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Too rough bby (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

*dies of ugliness* (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell

GATA GO FAST (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Defog
King Tobias (Palkia) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Rival Nation (Noivern) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Boomburst

lowly peasant (Azumarill) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Superpower

HeirToTheThrone (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

The Duke (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Royal peasant (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar
Credit to Manchamp, a.k.a Golemman on Showdown
(Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast

(Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

(Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

(Altaria) @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Roost

(Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

(Tentacruel) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

This team is built to be bulky and have switch-ins against a lot of threats. With the limited typing of teams, most teams have trouble switching into a good deal of threats, but Dragon and Water are both diverse types that can cover each others' weaknesses pretty well. Altaria can set up on a lot of pokemon and sweep pretty easily with its great typing, and Palkia comes in to revenge kill or clean up.

The Tentacruel set is experimental, but it takes hits from special threats all day and lands a knock off or scald burn. It also is my only strong check to fairy types (might need to try Poison Jab>Sludge Bomb for CM users).
Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Healing Wish
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Empoleon @ Leftovers
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Rest

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

Altaria @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Use Empoleon to keep hazards up while Azumarill and Garchomp to remove threats for Palkia and Altaria to sweep. Alomomola keeps team members alive while stalling threats out. As always, it can be adjusted to what you want.

Rayquaza (Dragon + Flying)
レックウザ (Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Togekiss @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Lum Berry
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Description of team is in post #406 of this thread.
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Latias @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Safeguard

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The purpose of my team is basically "how to sweep with Mega Ray as fast and as safe as possible." Latias is the main role of this. It has Safeguard to prevent Mega Rayquaza from getting Paralyzed/Burned while setting up, then Healing Wish for second chance sweeping. Mega Ray set is the standard Swords Dance sweeper. Kyurem-Black and Talonflame is the revenge killer and it destroys Zapdos, Thundurus and possibly Skarmory that resist Dragon Ascent. Thundurus is to prevent opposing god from sweeping and it can serve as a Special Sweeper. Skarmory is for Stealth Rock support and the only user of Toxic while walling opposing physical attackers. If you can keep Stealth Rock off the field, you'll have an easier time to sweep.
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Overheat
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Thunder Wave

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Of course, the team is built around Mega Rayquaza, and again, the premise of this team is to allow for riskier play of the God in order to punch holes in the opponent. In a meta where most of the mons are OU, the opponent is probably going to have to sac something every time Mega Rayquaza comes in, and with that in mind, the standard fully offensive set was chosen. Don't switch this mon in; send it in and make your opponent lose a mon every time you do so. These are its best 4 moves for general wallbreaking and destruction. If you wanted to use a more sweeping set, you might be better changing up the team a little.

A natural theme among teams is Healing Wish because the status of your God is so important. Generally it's strictly for survival purposes, but on this team, Healing Wish is mainly uses to let Mega Rayquaza severely damage or take out as many Pokemon as it can. The only Pokemon which is legal on a Mega Rayquaza team that learns Healing Wish is Latias, so that's why it's here. Draco and Psyshock are obvious, and I know you're looking at Thunder Wave. The reason it's there is because I didn't want Latias to both have to Defog and use Healing Wish, as keeping rocks off is so important for this team. Also, Xerneas is a huge threat to this team. Latias is one of the best Pokemon in this team for Xerneas to set up on, so we can't have that happen.

Now the team needs Defog somewhere and Skarm is, aside from the Latis, basically the best Defogger and provides good defensive synergy (well, as good of synergy as you're gonna get in this meta). I felt that rocks were better on something else, and I need all 4 of these moves anyway. I mentioned how there's a slight birdspam-esque core so it might be strange how I have Iron Head here, but it's nice to have another answer to Fairies, and plus, even though it's not common, Rock Polish Mega Diancie actually destroys this team otherwise.

So now we need rocks. Chomp is nice because with the three that are there so far it's easy to just Volt Switch around. I wanted an offensive set because (along with its nice speed tier and the fact that I have a Skarm already) aside from Latias, Garchomp is the only mon that Xerneas can really set up on. Offensive EQ puts it in Brave Bird + Espeed range whereas Tankchomp EQ actually does nothing. Toxic seems strange, but this team does not like Slowbro. The obvious answer is to slap a Thundurus on here but I'll explain why this variation of the team is fine as the last two are explained.

The backbone of the team is complete, so now to make some nice additions to the offensive core. The two important things to notice are that Mega Rayquaza can sometimes spam Dragon Ascent, denting Flying resists and basically everything else, and that Rock-types are much more rare in this meta. With that in mind, Talonflame is a very natural addition. Although this team is catered to Mega Rayquaza annihilating everything it also turned out to be catered to a Talonflame sweep. The set is pretty clear, then.

Even though there's a lot of priority, having speed is nice. Again, this could've been a Scarf Thundurus-T or just a regular Thundurus or something but Kyub is nice because it's easier to spam Ice Beam in this meta, and Kyub can definitely clean up the game with Ice Beam or whatever, team dependent. You might be wondering why I'm talking about Ice Beam when this is clearly a physically-based set, and that's because it's really helpful to pressure Slowbro and Fairies even more. Also, a specially-based Scarf set is not really that good.

Reshiram (Dragon + Fire)
Reshiram @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Earth Power

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Salamence (Mega) (Dragon + Flying)
Salamence @ Salamencite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Roost

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Iron Head

Latias @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Grass Knot

This team is simple to use. My strategy in most games is to just get rocks, bash up a few things before sacking everything, setting screens with Latias, then sweeping with MegaMence. In all seriousness, bulky MMence is just amazing. It sets up on and just plows right over most walls, even ones that use status+Foul Play. The only thing that can really stop its sweep are Prankster TWave users, so make sure to remove opposing Thundy/Klefki before attempting to sweep. Kingdra is purely there for opposing weather using teams, and could probably be replaced with Latios/Skarmory or something but memes. Thundy is a great emergency check to many set up sweepers, crippling them for Kube or MMence to finish off. It's especially great against PDon teams, taking on Hippo/Gastro w/ Grass Knot. Flash Cannon is there for Mega Altaria. I chose Lando-T as an offensive rocker and a burdspam check, and it works reasonably well as a pivot. LO 3 atks Kube is fantastic at demolishing stuff, often ripping gigantic holes in opposing bulky teams for an easy MMence sweep. It also takes on Weavile reasonably well, especially if it lacks Low Kick, which is a massive threat to this team. Latias is fairly self explanatory--screens then healing wish. Overall this team did pretty well, and while it isn't the best that I could make it, it was certainly fun to use.
Mah boy (Salamence-Mega) (M) @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mah lad (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Mah gramps (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mah hunger (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Mah dragon (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Mah bat (Crobat) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Cross Poison
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
King Reptor (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

Peasant (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

GuardianOfTheGate (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Page (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam

Foreign Ruler (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

General Trumpeter (Kingdra) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
Credit to Manchamp, a.k.a Golemman on Showdown

Shaymin (Sky) (Grass + Flying)
Puny God (Shaymin-Sky) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power

Sky Priest (Talonflame)
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Heavenly Kingdom (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Church in the Sky (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Shield of Faith (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Angel of Death (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

So let's start with our lovely god here. Shaymin Sky. Looking at its typing, stats and usage in ubers I figured it would be best suited for getting a switch-in, nuking something with seed flare, and then switching out. As such I gave it choice specs for maximum power. Seed Flare guaranteeing special defense drops is nice (when it hits) making it the real power move of this set. Air Slash is for flinch haxxing, and then Dazzling Gleam and Earth Power are for filler.

Then there's Talonflame. It has a pretty standard offensive spread. Roost, Swords Dance, and Flare Blitz are all pretty standard. The key here, however, is Acrobatics and the lack of item meaning Talonflame performs just as well as he does even after Shaymin-Sky dies. Besides that it's nothing special.

And now Mega Altaria. If there's anything that this tour showed, it's that this thing is very good. Dragon types are everywhere in Ubers, and Mega Altaria is the Dragon to beat all Dragons. It's set is also pretty standard, Pixilate Return after one Dragon Dance hits hard. The Mega Evolution spot can be changed to help counter team your opponents or the ladder. Mega Gyarados to beat Psychic teams, Mega Venusaur to beat Fairy teams.

Skarmory was my Stealth Rocker and Defogger and was solid utility. Roost to recover damage and Brave Bird for attacking cause it hurts.

Ferrothorn was another utility pokemon, spreading around paralysis and forcing threats out with leech seed and protect making it difficult for the opponent to keep momentum.

Landorus-T is Landorus-T. StoneQuake coverage for damage. U-turn for fast switches and Knock Off for utility.
Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Synthesis

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roost

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Tailwind

Xerneas (Fairy)
Yggdrasil (Xerneas) @ Life Orb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Close Combat

Keyed your car (Klefki) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen

AZOO KAZOO (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Team Player (Whimsicott) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Memento
- Tailwind
- Moonblast

IZ SO PREDDE (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind/Protect

Kiss of Toge (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell

Built around CM Xerneas. After a CM and a Life Orb, it's more or less as powerful as a Geomancy one but without having absurd speed. Against slower teams, this will put in work, and can hold it's own weight vs other playstyles. Close Combat hits Chansey pretty hard, 2hkoing. Thunder is for Kyogres. Max speed and max special attack because it's offensive and Naive makes it so Genesect can't get an attack boost. Next is Klefki, who's just Dual Screens. Azumarill is next and is my primary win con outside of Xern. Whimsicott is my emergency stop sweeper button + A way to get my sweepers to set up much easier. Next, we have Mega Diancie. I have it as CM to add another win con (screens/whimsi memento shenanigans will usually be up so you can mega evolve safetly without Protect) but you can run Protect if you want to. It's pretty much the faster but weaker version of Xerneas. Finally, we have Togekiss, who's the stallbreaker, or just dismantles bulkier teams with Skill Slash and Nasty Plot. Heal Bell lets me cleric and Roost lets me heal.

Yveltal (Dark + Flying)
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Flame Body
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

The idea behind this was to lead with Tyranitar/get Tyra in whenever I could early on just to setup rocks and cripple their lead or whatever ChrFal had. Following this I'd just follow with heavy attackers, standard how to play HO, blah blah. It didn't really work out as well as I'd hoped it would but it was one of the better teams I had from the Round 5 matchup. Standard AG Yveltal + Heat Wave over KOff/Taunt/Focus just because Mawile seemed threatening. The rest of the team was pretty standard in terms of sets, Sludge Bomb > WoW on Houndoom because Mawile is scary. Steel Wing on bird because fairies yet again. I tried to make sure I had Mawile covered well enough so any god couldn't threaten
Yveltal @ Black Glasses
EVs: 132 HP / 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Altaria @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch
Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Altaria @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch
Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 116 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Lum Bish was mainly there for the stray will-o-wisp, because I saw that was one of the smogon rockceus sets. The Yveltal spread outspeeds Jolly maximum invested Tyrantrum before boosts, and the Skarm spread was given to me by someone for mdiancie. Monoattacking Hawlucha bc who needs multiple STABs when you're against rock. No rocks bc I forgot
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunder Wave

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Weird Lando bc Scarfnaut brought basically the same team for 2 rounds in a row, with not much to hit with EQ. SD on Weavile bc I couldn't think of a better filler.

Zekrom (Dragon + Electric)

Other Gods

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Impish / Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Rock Slide / Magma Storm

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish / Calm Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Counter / Whirlwind

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold / Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain / Sludge Bomb

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Last edited:

Overlords and Underlings is a variant of Gods and Followers that utilizes the OU and UU banlists rather than the Ubers and OU banlists. You can play as its own format on the ROM Server. It can also be played using the default Gods and Followers format using house rules -- as long as both you and your opponent agree to the banlists, all of the mechanics of regular Gods and Followers apply.

This meta gives stellar followers like Skarmory and Kyurem-B the time to shine, along with adding a bunch of new type combinations that simply weren't worth using when there were plenty of powerful Ubers running around. While the power gap between UU and OU is much smaller than between OU and Ubers, OU is no stranger to total monsters like Keldeo and Mega Charizard who would crush UU if given the chance.

Here's what you need to know:

Rules:

[Party Slot #1]
Bans:
OU banlist (including Shadow Tag)
Mechanic: Applies Embargo effect to the player's team upon fainting

[Party Slots #2-6]
Bans:
UU banlist
Restrictions: Must share at least one type with Party Slot #1

[Overall]
Bans:
None yet
Clauses: OU clauses

Possible Gods (OU/BL):

Alakazam (Mega) [Psychic]
Altaria (Mega) [Dragon + Flying]
Azumarill [Water + Fairy]
Bisharp [Dark + Steel]
Breloom [Grass + Fighting]
Celebi [Grass + Psychic]
Chansey [Normal]
Charizard (Mega X) [Fire + Flying]
Charizard (Mega Y) [Fire + Flying]
Clefable [Fairy]
Conkeldurr [Fighting]
Diancie (Mega) [Rock + Fairy]
Diggersby [Normal + Ground]
Dragonite [Dragon + Flying]
Excadrill [Ground + Steel]
Ferrothorn [Grass + Steel]
Gallade (Mega) [Psychic + Fighting]
Garchomp [Dragon + Ground]
Garchomp (Mega) [Dragon + Ground]
Gardevoir (Mega) [Psychic + Fairy]
Gengar [Ghost + Poison]
Gliscor [Ground + Flying]
Gyarados [Water + Flying]
Hawlucha [Fighting + Flying]
Heatran [Fire + Steel]
Heracross (Mega) [Bug + Fighting]
Hippowdon [Ground]
Jirachi [Steel + Psychic]
Keldeo [Water + Fighting]
Klefki [Steel + Fairy]
Kyurem (Black) [Dragon + Ice]
Landorus (Therian) [Ground + Flying]
Latias [Dragon + Psychic]
Latias (Mega) [Dragon + Psychic]
Latios [Dragon + Psychic]
Latios (Mega) [Dragon + Psychic]
Lopunny (Mega) [Normal]
Magnezone [Electric + Steel]
Manaphy [Water]
Manectric (Mega) [Electric]
Medicham (Mega) [Fighting + Psychic]
Metagross (Mega) [Steel + Psychic]
Mew [Psychic]
Pidgeot (Mega) [Normal + Flying]
Pinsir (Mega) [Bug]
Raikou [Electric]
Rotom (Wash) [Electric + Water]
Sableye [Dark + Ghost]
Scizor [Bug + Steel]
Scizor (Mega) [Bug + Steel]
Scolipede [Bug + Poison]
Serperior [Grass]
Skarmory [Steel + Flying]
Slowbro [Water + Psychic]
Slowbro (Mega) [Water + Psychic]
Staraptor [Normal + Flying]
Starmie [Water + Psychic]
Sylveon [Fairy]
Talonflame [Fire + Flying]
Terrakion [Rock + Fighting]
Thundurus [Electric + Flying]
Thundurus (Therian) [Electric + Flying]
Togekiss [Fairy + Flying]
Tornadus [Flying]
Tyranitar [Rock + Dark]
Tyranitar (Mega) [Rock + Dark]
Victini [Psychic + Fire]
Venusaur (Mega) [Grass + Poison]
Volcarona [Bug + Fire]
Weavile [Dark + Ice]
Zygarde [Dragon + Ground]

Analysis:
Volcanion

~

Team Archive:
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

It's a pretty balanced team with triple hazards and Tentacruel for Rapid Spin. Nidoqueen can be used for a more defensive team and something like Spore Amoongus and HP Fire Venusaur can be used over Roserade for that 100% sleep chance and double regen core but at the cost of spikes which is quite a big trade off.
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm

Slowking @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Cobalion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stone Edge

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Crunch

This team is centered around BoltBeam Punch Mega Metagross. BoltBeam Mega Metagross is an absolute monster that can shred tonnes of bulky and slower offensive teams. It's also very bulky and has a decent typing, both defensively and for underlings. We decided to pair it with Slowking to handle grounds that try to beat it, generally pivot with Regenerator, spread yellow magic, fire off scalds and be generally annoying. Celebi is for Suicune, a potential answer to Mega Metagross and Slowking if it's full. Nasty Plot outpaces CM Cune's boosting and wallops it with Giga Drain, and if it's Roar, it can still soften Suicune for Mega Metagross' Thunder Punch later on. It also sets rocks so that's nice. Cobalion is our revenge killer, beating stuff like +1 Mega Sharpedos, and dark teams in general. Volt Switch lets it gain switch advantage, Close Combat wallops things, Iron Head can flinch, and Stone Edge lets us check Talonflame if we're still healthy. Next, we needed a better answer to Mega Scizor and steels in general, so we added Scarf Magneton. Scarf is so we outpace Offensive Mega Scizor, who otherwise beats us with Superpower. It also outpaces things like Torn-T and Weavile, who can be annoying, and is a secondary revenge killer if Cobalion is gone. Finally, we have Lucario, a decent win condition. Crunch is chosen in the last slot because other psychics are annoying. Adamant's probably better for more power and ESpeed, but I guess you can run Jolly.
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

Virizion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Barbaracle @ White Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect

The team is built around Specs Keldeo and a bunch of sweepers (and a pivot or two). Keldeo is Hidden Power Bug so Celebi doesn't mindlessly switch in on us. Empoleon is our primary special pivot and rock setter. Checks stuff like CM Waters, primary answer to Latios. Next, our ground resist consisted of sac'ing something, so we added Virizion, who makes up our first sweeper. SD Life Orb is scary with 108 speed. We could change it to a CM variant if we feel a special sweeper is important, but with the testing we did, we never found a special sweeper that necessary, and Keldeo's all the raw special power you'll probably ever need. Stone Edge for birds not named Talonflame, then Dual STABs. Viriz can be considered our primary water answer. Next, we have our more deadly and dedicated sweeper, Shell Smash Barbaracle. The reason we chose this over Cloyster was because Talonflame is a fucking bitch to put it bluntly and Barbaracle can check it semi adequately (Wisp though). Low Kick for steels Dual STAB can't hit, and White Herb to make sure we survive some priority like weaker bullet punches. Conkeldurr is our second pivot, beats Gengar as well, also absorbs status. Ice Punch for annoying grounds like Chomper or Lando, Mach Punch for priority vs things like Lucario, Drain Punch for sustain and damage. Finally, we have our last sweeper and Mega Metagross (it kind of shits on the team so far, it leads and 5-0s tbh) check, Mega Sharpedo. Ice Fang, again, for annoying grounds like Chomper, Protect for the speed boost pre mega, Crunch because 120 base power STAB off 140 base attack is strong, Waterfall because there is no water type crunch unfortunately, max speed and adamant.

Potential issues is with Mega Metagross if it's Rock Polish, but it usually lacks the coverage to KO something on this team if it is RP.
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Quiet Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Transform
-

Tauros @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Crunch

There's not really much choice for normal types outside of Offense, but Mega Lopunny is a pretty good offense 'mon. The only other real mega choice that's not Mega Kangaskhan is Mega Audino which is lol. MLop is standard Fake Out offensive with Ice Punch for chompy and landog. Next, we decided on Snorlax over Chansey because it's Snorlax, Chansey's a momentum suck, and this is Hyper Offense, so no momentum is a bad thing. Curse because win condition. Porygon2 to wallbreak specially while also being able to take a hit, as well as distribute yellow magic. Ditto is the general purpose "screw setup" revenge killer. Tauros is our Fighting check, as it outspeeds most fightings outside of MLop (who's revenged by Ditto) and batters them with Zen Headbutt. Fire Blast for annoying steels like Ferro, Rock Climb for hard af hitting STAB. Finally, we have Ursaring, the stallbreaker and physical wallbreaker. After SD, your shit is wrecked if it outspeeds you.
Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Iron Tail
- Dark Pulse

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Recover

Based around Weavile with Poison Jab for those annoying af fairies. Hydreigon is Hydreigon, wallbreaks with very little counters, Iron Tail for those annoying Sylveons and Florges, Superpower for Chansey/Blissey, etc. Krookodile is the revenge killer and psychic sweeper. Unfortunately it has to be Intimidate to not be OHKOd to Cobalion/Virizion with scarfs. Pursuit traps. Mega Houndoom is the primary win condition with Nasty Plot, claims souls after a boost. Mamoswine is the rocker and physical wallbreaker and revenges grounds and dragons. Finally, Sableye is the thing meant to check Mega Lopunny who 6-0s otherwise. It still 6-0s tbh but at least I have a fighting resist for scarf fights and a stallbreaker.
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Superpower

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Healing Wish
- Protect
- Scald

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

BD Azu is broken oml. No Knock off because all of the good Azu answers are OU now, and none of them are particularly good Gods (thanks Talonflame .-.). SD Crawdaunt because this is offense and it shits on bulk almost more than Azu, Alomomola is an odd choice but Healing Wish and Wish support are good to get my wincons in safetly, Scald because Scald. MegaPert is my rain sweeper, rain also strengthens Craw and Azu's AJs because fuck you that's why. Slurpuff because BD spam is stronk, and finally Empoleon because rocks. Shuca because iirc this was made pre Mence ban in UU, and it also checks Mamo if that's ever important for whatever reason. Also fucks opposing Megapert.

Team struggles vs Mega Metagross but if I can set up one of the BDers early (preferably Azu) I can take it out before it's too dangerous. As a last ditch attempt I can try and set up MegaPert on it but Grass Knot kind of fucks it over so :(
~

Replays

vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]
vs.
[1]

Last edited:
Greninja's probably not too good as a god here due to its fraility, lack of boosting moves and slight lack of speed when compared to Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Deoxys and Mewtwo, but that won't stop me from using it most of the time of course. Could probably still function well as a good cleaner or wallbreaker depending on the team it's facing.

Primal Groudon teams seem solid with Pdon itself being a bulky and powerful threat that can either support or sweep with Rock Polish along with having Excadrill (or perhaps Donphan) as a good spinner for the SR-weak Fire types. P-don can also reset weather so that Hippowdown can provide Sand support more easily and MegaZard Y can keep Sun up for longer.

Genesect seems good as a god since it can spam U-turn most of the time and let its teammates take most of the pressure (many of which are bulky Steel types). Heatran seems like a great partner with Flash Fire, solid bulk and good support options with Roar, SR, Taunt, Toxic and Will-o-Wisp.

You forgot the strikethroughs on Rayquaza. :( It should read:

Mega Rayquaza is totally broken sucks, don't use it: use Mega Salamence instead.
And yeah my list is fairly out of date, with Landorus-Incarnate and so on since banned. Also, I didn't do Hoopa-Unbound, Hoopa, or Volcanion? Huh. Well...

Hoopa: The king of dying to Pursuit-trapping, and there's no strong motivation to produce a Ghost/Psychic team. Avoid. It's not even Uber anywya.

Hoopa-Unbound: Dark/Psychic is actually a decent type combination for a team (Albeit one afraid of U-Turn), and it's either this or Malamar if you want the combo. Not a strong recommend, it's really easy to get Hoopa-Unbound killed, but it has potential. Keep in mind Hoopa-Unbound can't heal itself, and is so fragile that Wish-passing, though technically possible, is highly improbable.

Volcanion: Burn them! Burn them ALL! All the Will O Wisps, all the Scalds. Volcanion itself has an excellent type combination, can heal by switching in on enemy Water moves -ha ha Kyogre, thanks for the health-, gets Alomomola Wish passing to keep its health up, and Water/Fire has a lot of potential for teams. Enemy Water teams might be a nuisance -keep in mind Lanturn, Ludicolo, and Rotom-Heat- and enemy Dragon teams wall your STABs but hey, Ice Beam on most Water types. Plus most Dragons hate being Burned. Honestly one of the better God choices, I suspect.

Reactions: Mq
Exactly how much does the curse take away? Unless I missed it, that's an important thing to know.
Curse as in what happens when a Ghost-type pokemon uses Curse: 25% of the pokemon's health is taken away every turn. So this happens to your whole team after your god faints.

You forgot the strikethroughs on Rayquaza. :( It should read:

And yeah my list is fairly out of date, with Landorus-Incarnate and so on since banned. Also, I didn't do Hoopa-Unbound, Hoopa, or Volcanion? Huh. Well...

Hoopa: The king of dying to Pursuit-trapping, and there's no strong motivation to produce a Ghost/Psychic team. Avoid. It's not even Uber anywya.

Hoopa-Unbound: Dark/Psychic is actually a decent type combination for a team (Albeit one afraid of U-Turn), and it's either this or Malamar if you want the combo. Not a strong recommend, it's really easy to get Hoopa-Unbound killed, but it has potential. Keep in mind Hoopa-Unbound can't heal itself, and is so fragile that Wish-passing, though technically possible, is highly improbable.

Volcanion: Burn them! Burn them ALL! All the Will O Wisps, all the Scalds. Volcanion itself has an excellent type combination, can heal by switching in on enemy Water moves -ha ha Kyogre, thanks for the health-, gets Alomomola Wish passing to keep its health up, and Water/Fire has a lot of potential for teams. Enemy Water teams might be a nuisance -keep in mind Lanturn, Ludicolo, and Rotom-Heat- and enemy Dragon teams wall your STABs but hey, Ice Beam on most Water types. Plus most Dragons hate being Burned. Honestly one of the better God choices, I suspect.
I'll fix that haha. Copy/paste doesn't give me the text markup.

And I removed the Hoopas from the list because they are now OU legal: you can throw one on a Mewtwo team with no issues, although Hoopa U is still your best choice for Psychic + Dark, if you want that for some reason (pretty good for Trick Room setters if you want a TR team).

Reactions: Mq

canno

formerly The Reptile
Yveltal is definitely a 5-star God in my book. Not only is the mon itself very good, but it allows for very versatile teams. Take these two teams I made - I think they can be refined but they're just examples of how versatile Yveltal is

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Altaria @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Yveltal is definitely a 5-star God in my book. Not only is the mon itself very good, but it allows for very versatile teams. Take these two teams I made - I think they can be refined but they're just examples of how versatile Yveltal is

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Altaria @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
Added to the archive. Thanks for the contribution!

I've added InfernapeTropius11 to the Council.

As a bonus, here are two teams I came up with. The second one is a little silly.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roar

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Basically just a team with 6 monsters. Double Dance P-don steals souls while the rest of the team softens everyone up for the impending sweep. Hippowdon provides sand for Excadrill which Spins for Talonflame which breaks people for Zard and Don. Seismotoad gives a second Water immunity (to take the pressure off of Groudon) and sets up Rocks. Tell me you aren't scared of all these threats.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Knock Off
- Return
- Close Combat

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Healing Wish
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Psyshock

Basically Mewtwo the god and Hoopa U the mini-god obliterate everyone in sight, with Meloetta here to cheat the typing restriction. The rest of the team provides support and spams Healing Wish to make sure your offensive players are always healthy. Not much else to say.

About viability rankings...
Greninja to ★ star rank
Greninja is so frail that Wish support is not going to work, and it is killed by priority easily. Dark + Water offers a good pool of mons to use, and even a Mega slot. However, Greninja is eclipsed by Darkrai as a Dark-type god (as it is faster, bulkier, and has access to both boosting and sleeping-inducing moves) or by Primal Kyogre as a Water-type god (much, much bulkier; far more powerful STABs; weather counter).
God Viability Rankings

★★★★★ (Five-star Rank)
These gods are nearly perfect, as gods should be. They require very little support to sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame all on their own, and their typing provides all the support options they need on the rest of their team. Five-star gods are excellent both as individuals and team players. They shape the entire metagame, and strike fear in the hearts of mon. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they will almost certainly lose as long as you don't horribly misplay your team.

[None yet]

~

★★★★ (Four-star Rank)
These gods are great in the metagame, but have either one noticeable flaw or several minor flaws that hold them back. They may be restricted by limited team options based on typing, predictable sets or an above-average support requirement. However, the positives of four-star gods greatly outweigh the negatives, and given the right setup, they can dominate games. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they can often lose unless they skillfully play around them with the options they have.

[None yet]

~

★★★ (Three-star Rank)
These gods are good in the metagame, but suffer from the same problems as four-star gods and also often riskier and/or have unfavorable matchups against high-tier gods. Three-star gods still have positives that outweigh the negatives, but the negatives are serious enough that players must first consider other options. If you properly build your team to support these gods, then you are still very likely to succeed depending on team matchup. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they still have a decent chance to win depending on how smart they play.

[None yet]

~

★★ (Two-star Rank)
These gods are decent in the metagame, but are often outclassed and/or very risky to use. Two-star gods are still deadly in certain situations, but there are options that are either safer, more reliable or just flat-out superior. Despite being less viable, these gods still have niches that make them usable in the metagame. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they still probably have ways to exploit their weaknesses to gain the upper hand.

[None yet]

~

★ (One-star Rank)
These gods are mediocre in the metagame, and should almost never be used. One-star gods are either totally eclipsed by other gods in viability, or are simply so bad that their niche isn't worth exploring. With skillful teambuilding, especially if the god has a unique type, teams can still succeed with these gods, but it's an uphill battle. When a god resides in the Ubers tier but isn't viable in the metagame, it will be ranked here. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they'll still have an advantage over you as long as they're reasonably skilled and have a good team.

Deoxys
Floette-Eternal-Flower
~
Greninja fits the ★ rank description well. With skillful teambuilding, especially due to Greninja's unique typing along Uber gods, Greninja might succeed (maybe by spamming U-turn) because as I stated above it offers a unique and good pool of mons to weaken its counters so then it can sweep. However it is totally outclassed by most gods, and it's so frail that it depends on said team support as it is likely going to stay at the back to then try to clean.

Arceus to ★★★★ rank
Extreme Killer Arceus is bulky, naturally fast (and anyway it has access to strong priority), and powerful. To top it off, it has access to boosting moves, said strong priority in Extreme Speed, reliable recovery, and good coverage. It needs very little support to work, just slap a Heal Bell user, and gets the job done. It has little counters, most of them gods, so easily goes over teams whose god cannot counter nor check it. Arceus finds very easy to revenge kill other gods, or outright OHKO most of the frail ones with a boost or a little prior damage. Its good bulk for a sweeper also allows it to set up on most non-god mons.
God Viability Rankings

★★★★★ (Five-star Rank)

[None yet]

~

★★★★ (Four-star Rank)

[None yet]

~

★★★ (Three-star Rank)

[None yet]

~

★★ (Two-star Rank)
These gods are decent in the metagame, but are often outclassed and/or very risky to use. Two-star gods are still deadly in certain situations, but there are options that are either safer, more reliable or just flat-out superior. Despite being less viable, these gods still have niches that make them usable in the metagame. If your opponent does not prepare for these gods, they still probably have ways to exploit their weaknesses to gain the upper hand.

[None yet]

~

★ (One-star Rank)

Deoxys
Floette-Eternal-Flower
~
Again, if we look at the viability rankings, ★★★★ gods have one noticeable flaw. In Arceus-Normal's case, its flaw is it's pure Normal typing offering an only decent pool of mons to use, most of them with no resistances at all, meaning damage can add up quickly. However, it's typing isn't that bad too, as Normal-types offer a mon for nearly every role you want. Possibly a ★★★★★ god, but for now I don't feel that brave to nomine it that high.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I think Greninja fits the ★★ better than the ★. Darkrai does give Greninja tough competitions (both are fast, frail, special attackers) , but Kyogre and Gren do almost completely different things. Even then, Darkrai doesn't completely outclass Gren due to Protean and much better coverage, along with Gren allowing for more team options, such as Azumarill and Bisharp on the same team. The description of ★★ also fits much better.

Greninja is both risky to use and, as a mon itself, slightly outclassed by Darkrai (although not entirely due to the aforementioned factors). However, it has a niche in the meta as the best Water / Dark (type combo that has some really good Pokemon that work together) pokemon, and works as a really good revenge killer thanks to Protean and its mixed coverage.

I mostly agree with the Reptile. Greninja may not be great, but the type combo leaves for a lot more options than Darkrai as far as the team is concerned. While Greninja can't take a hit, it has always been a hit and run sort of 'mon that doesn't stay in unless it gets a kill, and while no one uses it anymore, U-turn can help keep it alive by pivoting out when in a pinch.

I'm not going to solidify any viability rankings until this actually gets some playtime, but feel free to discuss. It will help for future discussions.

I think Greninja fits the ★★ better than the ★. Darkrai does give Greninja tough competitions (both are fast, frail, special attackers) , but Kyogre and Gren do almost completely different things. Even then, Darkrai doesn't completely outclass Gren due to Protean and much better coverage, along with Gren allowing for more team options, such as Azumarill and Bisharp on the same team. The description of ★★ also fits much better.

Greninja is both risky to use and, as a mon itself, slightly outclassed by Darkrai (although not entirely due to the aforementioned factors). However, it has a niche in the meta as the best Water / Dark (type combo that has some really good Pokemon that work together) pokemon, and works as a really good revenge killer thanks to Protean and its mixed coverage.
That makes sense. ★★ rank seems fine for it.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is back on Aqua.

On another note, add Arceus Fire and Ice to One-Star (Maybe two star if you want), since they're both massively outclassed. Most other types are better types to build a team with, since these types have a hard time against a lot of others (Steel, Water, etc.) and have too many weaknesses in general. If you want to use either of them anyway, Ho-Oh, Kyurem-White and even Reshiram will be better choices.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is back on Aqua.

On another note, add Arceus Fire and Ice to One-Star (Maybe two star if you want), since they're both massively outclassed. Most other types are better types to build a team with, since these types have a hard time against a lot of others (Steel, Water, etc.) and have too many weaknesses in general. If you want to use either of them anyway, Ho-Oh, Kyurem-White and even Reshiram will be better choices.
Arceus-fire is 100% outclassed, he shouldn't even be 1 star. Arceus-ice simply has too many weaknesses. Arceus-Dragon and Arceus-Bug should also be 1 star, they are pretty terrible.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think 1-Star is completely outclassed Joshz. Arceus-Dragon seems good for 1-Star as well, though I could see it and Bug being two star, simply because their types aren't as bad defensively and they have some good defensive value. Dragon probably won't make it due to all the competition, but Bug only has competition with Genesect, which although better as Steel is great, isn't impossible competition as Bug still has good 'mons and Arceus could take care of hazards if a defensive set. In general, it probably holds something versus Genesect due to its increased defensive capabilities, though it won't get it further than 2-star.

For Ice and Fire this won't work since their types are too bad, they don't give enough options and already have things outclassing them in other ways.

Thanks for the host! I've added a link to the OP.

As a little tease for the future, soon this OM will (probably) be hosted on two servers. No hints. :]

In any case, play games! Record replays! Post successful teams! I'm headed out to dinner soon and am currently on vacation, but hopefully I should be able to get on and play sometime in the next week or so. In a week or two, I'll try to test out all the different Ubers gods and post a preliminary viability ranking list. We can debate from there.

I will be ranking Aegislash as a ★★★★ God.

I have chose this as it can counter many Pokémon being able to wall Geomancy Xerneas which would be a massive threat in this metagame.
Another reason would be it gives many team support ideas, this is mega mons such as Mega-Metagross, Mega-Scizor, Mega Sableye. It also gets some of the biggest threats being Hoopa, Gengar, Chandelure, Bisharp, Excadrill, Magnezone and Jirachi.
With Aegislash being able to get all the big threats it also gets some of the biggest walls such as Heatran, Skarmory, Regular Sableye and Ferrothorn.

So with Aegislash you could easily do a defend and strike kind of set. Being able to wall not only Spdef but also lowering Atk of some users with it's amazing move 'Kings Shield'. The reason it is also a decent mon is that you can scare out some of the mons in the meta when bringing it in. Using Skarmory to Whirlwind certain mons, Gengar being able to revenge kill a couple of mons, Excadrill being able to fast sweep, Magnezone as a fast sweep and many more. Even if you didn't want a high attacking Mega-Scizor/Metagross you could bring in the annoying Magic Bounce Sabeleye.

The reason I'm giving it 4 stars is that a Mega Blaziken could easily come in and kill it, even after a lower in the attack. This gives it a disadvantage against even against SpAtk Fire mons. It also doesn't have any chance on recovery which isn't enough for a wall, meaning you'd need some Wish Support which only Jurachi could pull off. Another reason for it only being 4 stars is that it doesn't have enough attack as some other ubers that could take the god place. However, to make up for this it does have an amazing movepool, teamset and being able to Swords Dance when there is no threat of fire types.

-2 252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 180-212 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers Recovery
-2 208+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Blade: 393-463 (121.2 - 142.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Blade in Sun: 678-800 (209.2 - 246.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Blade in Sun: 354-416 (109.2 - 128.3%)/4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Blade: 236-278 (72.8 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

canno

formerly The Reptile
Aegislash at ★★★★ seems good. However, something to note is that P-Don teams, something I consider at least ★★★★ and probably ★★★★★, can basically decimate Aegislash teams. I mean its not impossible for Aegislash teams to beat PDon teams but it just seems like a really bad match-up. PDon itself eats Aegislash alive, and the PDon team is probably going to be filled with Earthquakers (which don't trigger KS) and probably a lot of special attacking Fire-types. Out of the two physical Fire-types I see PDon teams using, one doesn't even trigger KS because Entei's Sacred Fire isn't a contact move. Meanwhile most Steel-types gets destroyed by the team (All the amazing steel-typed walls get decimated by PDon itself, not to mention the team), and the Ghost-types don't fair that much better.

Of course, the reason why I still think Aegislash is ★★★★ is because what I said about PDon is true for a lot of Gods - for example, what is a GeoMancy Xern / Arceus-Fairy team going to do about PDon squads? Don't even get me started on teams lower on the scale, such as Arceus-Bug or even Genesect teams. The other reason why I think Aegi is ★★★★ and not ★★★ is because it offers a lot of variety for the team, and Aegislash itself is pretty good. It even has its good match-ups (GeoMancy Xern).

What I really want to talk about is PDon teams, and PDon is an easy ★★★★★ choice. Lets ignore for now that PDon itself is one of the best Pokemon ever made, and focus on what it can bring to the table for support - Ground has access to some interesting mons, such as Lando-T, Garchomp, Zygarde if you want ESpeed, Flygon if you want defog, Excadrill, Gastrodon, Quagsire, Hippowdon, Gliscor, and even Rhyperior is viable. Meanwhile Fire gives you Heatran, Entei, Rotom-Heat, Talonflame, Charizard (X or Y - you decide), Victini, Moltres, Volcarona, and some other fires including Infernape, Darmanitan, and Arcanine. Bring these two together and you have some interesting team options, for both offensive teams and defensive teams. And this is all tied together by PDon - a fantastic Pokemon, both offensively and defensively. PDon by itself makes certain match-ups hell for certain Pokemon (Volcanion, who would otherwise have a decent chance vs the team, is stopped cold by PDon; the aforementioned Aegislash and Fairy Gods; any Water-type God not named Arceus-Water or P-Ogre hate PDon; ect) PDon is also good because it patches up a huge weakness the team has - Water - without having to put Gastro and other Water Absorbers like Seismitoed on the team. And, while we're at it, normal Groudon should be at ★★ - outside of dedicated sun teams (something that has a bad match up against PDon, POgre, and normal weather) there's basically no reason to use it over PDon. However, dedicated sun team is enough of a niche to not make it ★

Xerneas to ★★★★
GeoXern is an absolute monster. After a set-up, it just crushes everything. Fairy Aura just boosts its insane power even further, so get ready. Only squads made after a (part) Steel-, Poison- or Fire-type god can stop this thing. Its good typing and bulk aids it in set-up and destroying opposing teams. If you are unprepared, or even if you are prepared sometimes, it will wreck you. Also Yveltal looks like one of the best gods out there and Xerneas beats it.
But Xerneas isn't without its flaws. A Mono-Fairy team sucks (Xerneas is probably the only reason to use one). Also Geomancy is an awesome set-up move but it only gives it one chance to sweep (that also makes Wish support a bit pointless - only useful to keep Xerneas alive if it failed to pull a sweep after setting up, or before Xerneas is ready to use Geomancy and its opponent draggers it out with Roar or Whirlwind). It is very difficult to stop a fully set up Xerneas but if you stop it you get a big reward. Without Geomancy Xerneas is still good, but it is just the next god, nothing special compared to Primal Groudon for example. Which brings me to the last flaw: Primal Groudon and Aegislash squads are going to be common, and Xerneas is easily beaten by said teams. All that prevents it being ★★★★★.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)