Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Timid
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

so while breeding i got a couple of these but with Torrent ability, does anyone / any set use the torrent ability or are they just as useful as the rest of the spitbacks i got??
(on the subject see my thread in signature if u want any protean ..or torrent!...spitbacks)
So yeah sure, Protean is the reason you use Greninja, but there have been a couple of innovative Battle Spot sets that utilised Torrent instead!

First we have PPB's Sub-Petaya set which aims to spam a +1, Torrent-boosted Hydro Pump:
Greninja @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
Level: 50
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

The whole point of this set is to smack something with the most powerful Hydro Pump Greninja can muster. If you can't OHKO your opponent with any of your moves, sub until Petaya kicks in and get a Torrent (yes, Torrent...) boost in the meantime, multiplying your Hydro Pump's power by 2.25! Dark Pulse is there for secondary STAB, and Ice Beam can hit a lot of threats for super-effective damage despite the fact that this sad frog doesn't have Protean.
Second, Jibaku found a Japanese blog which showcased a bunch of Singles teams which made it to 2200 points or higher on the ladder, and one of those had a Torrent Greninja! The set was:

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Water Shuriken
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic

I guess the idea was to just lay down Toxic Spikes / spread Toxic itself and turning into a Poison-type with Protean gave it no benefit, whereas getting a boost on Scald / Water Shuriken after being brought down to the Sash at least gave it something.

Hope these gave you some ideas on how to use your Torrent Froakies!

Can anyone help me evolve my Haunter? Thanks in advance.
I can
...Greninja'd by @Most!!
So yeah sure, Protean is the reason you use Greninja, but there have been a couple of innovative Battle Spot sets that utilised Torrent instead!

First we have PPB's Sub-Petaya set which aims to spam a +1, Torrent-boosted Hydro Pump:

Second, Jibaku found a Japanese blog which showcased a bunch of Singles teams which made it to 2200 points or higher on the ladder, and one of those had a Torrent Greninja! The set was:

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Water Shuriken
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic

I guess the idea was to just lay down Toxic Spikes / spread Toxic itself and turning into a Poison-type with Protean gave it no benefit, whereas getting a boost on Scald / Water Shuriken after being brought down to the Sash at least gave it something.

Hope these gave you some ideas on how to use your Torrent Froakies!
I like the second one since toxic spikes is an egg move that I have on both of them...they've suddenly become interesting!!

LF timid latias with defog and perfect or very good IVs(No HP Fire, Need 31 speed). Idc about EVs or Level.
I can offer Most breedable pokemon with any HP(+HP Fire magnezone) and some legends caught in OR.

Have an odd request.

Anybody willing to RNG me a Nincada from 4th gen? And then evolve it into Shedninja with Swords Dance (hence why I need 4th Gen).

Want Lonely nature (for theme reasons), only needs 31 Attack and Speed.

Willing to trade 3 Hidden Power pokes from my thread for it.

Also can anyone spare a Custap Berry?

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Have an odd request.

Anybody willing to RNG me a Nincada from 4th gen? And then evolve it into Shedninja with Swords Dance (hence why I need 4th Gen).

Want Lonely nature (for theme reasons), only needs 31 Attack and Speed, in a Premier Ball.

Willing to trade 3 Hidden Power pokes from my thread for it.

Also can anyone spare a Custap Berry?
That's 3rd Gen RNG.

Esmeya

Oh right...

Well then I'll change that. Since fewer people RNG gen 3 anymore.
Nah, I'm sure Timey or Thomaz are willing to help you out with that request for a couple breeding projects. They can be nice, desperately bored (Timey), and pretty reasonable in their requests.

Timey specifically did do two Naughty bugs recently, though I'm sure that ruins your loneliness theme - you could probably request another. However, if you're adamant in giving up the Premier Ball you have more options open to your for your request.

EDIT: I'm bad and forgot Xen, who is also nice, desperately bored and reasonable.

Associated threads:

Xen - http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/thread-with-stuff-update-space-alien-virus-dna-thingy.3545620/
Timey - http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/timeys-asleep-post-ducks-pandas.3530548/page-5#post-6387679
Thomaz - http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/thomaz-trading-thread-ttt-update-18-08.3530517/

EDIT2: As an aside, M18 Arceus Codes expire in about three hours.

Because crazy_man mentioned it; just out of random curiosity, is it actually possible to RNG a Shedinja with the following IVs:

00 | 31 | 00 | 00 | 31 | 31

Or would that be insanely hard/impossible? O.o

Esmeya

Because crazy_man mentioned it; just out of random curiosity, is it actually possible to RNG a Shedinja with the following IVs:

If it was possible it would've been done already. You can do it in Gen 5 and probably Gen 4 with no special ball (both gens) or special anything (Gen 5).

If it was possible it would've been done already. You can do it in Gen 5 and probably Gen 4 with no special ball (both gens) or special anything (Gen 5).
Huh, interesting! O.o

Because I'm a complete noob when it comes to that, why isn't it possible in Gen 3? Does there just not exist an IV spread that matches it no matter how you RNG your ID, etc?

This spread is generated by Method 1 in 3rd generation if you're talking about Adamant nature, so you can't get a wild Nincada with this spread. It's possible to get one in 4th, 5th and 6th generation via breeding manipulation as Esmeya said .

Adamant 00 / 31 / 00 / 00 / 31 / 31 = It isn't possible;
Adamant 00 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 = Possible (Method 2);
Lonely 00 / 31 / 00 / 00 / 31 / 31 = Possible (Method 4). I assume that Nincada is always generated by Method 2 in Emerald. I know that some Pokémon are generated via Method 1 & 4 in RS / FRLF but I don't think that Nincada could be generated by Method 4. Anyway, I did not test this and I don't know if the Shedinja ball "glitch" works in RS;
Lonely 00 / 31 / 31 / 00 / 31 / 31 = Possible (Method 2);
Lonely 00 / 31 / 00 / 31 / 31 / 31 = Possible (Method 2);
Lonely 00 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 = Possible (Method 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)