Other Offensive Rock (Monotype)

Did I do a Good Job on showing you how rocks can be as good as other types more commonly used

• Total voters
Offensive Mono-Rock Team
Hello everyone My name is CheezusBleezus and I'm making a RMT for Monotype Rock. Now i know that Rock is the absolute worst type to use in monotype when you have Water or Psychic but thats going to all change or might change so her is my Offensive Monotype Rock.

Team in Preview:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect / Calm Mind

Mega Diancie is probably the most useful out of the megas with its ability Magic Bounce it can allow me to get free switch ins when someone wants to WoW my Terrakion or Toxic my Cradily and with Fairy typing I have coverage for fighting types so crossing out that weakness and I usually use this at the end when shuckle has its webs up or i seem to have no other choice.

Terrakion @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack/Iron Head/Zen Headbutt
This is my Sweeper Terrakion. Terrakion main job is to pretty much sweep when shuckle has done its job or there is no one on my team that can wip out the opponent.Now Close Combat, Stone Edge, and Earthquake are pretty standard moves to use but its the Player's choice of using quick attacks for pokemon like Scolipede that usually carries sash and start to sweep or just any partciular pokemon that happens to live off of sash. Iron head is for fairies mainly or if you want to hax someone ;) and last Zen headbutt for myself i personally use it for poison types like Venusaur which are pretty threatening to my team and if i had any luck ... FLINCHES.

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Avalanche
- Fire Punch​

So here is my sorta tank sorta attacker Rhyperior. With the ability Solid Rock I am able to live a High Jump Kick from Mega Lopunny or Mega Medicham and KO it with either Avalanche or Earthquake. Just remember that around 85% it can live a High Jump Kick. Fire punch is just coverage for bulky steel types like scizor or forretress that tends to set up. Weakness Policy helps me boost my attack to KO on first try but sadly once i get hit Rhyperior dies next turn but Rhyperior has done its job and killed off a pokemon you wont deal with anymore.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
Cradily aka Soldier is mostly used to stall out pokemon with toxic or be a badass and kill water types such as Swampert or Gastrodon. Recover, Toxic, and Giga Drain are pretty much every moved used on Cradily but Earth Power is something for like Heatran or Magnezone even if i dont get STAB i can get a good amount of damage to weaken them off so terrakion can finish off but sometimes cradily wont be able to do so much other than Toxic.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
My favorite specialty... Suprise. Tyranitar is a Scarf Tyranitar mainly cause I see it as being used to set up rocks or T-wave but I didn't think Tyranitar was meant for just that so I put a scarf on and boom The best sweeper I've ever seen. Stone Edge and Crunch are moves that are STAB to cover psychic types and bug, flying, and fire types. Flamethrower and Fureblast are coverage for Steel types and either one is fine unless you want power but I'd prefer for not missing my moves than having a chance to miss. Ice Beam is just for flying types primarily just cause Lando-T is a bit scary.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off
Fuckle with Shuckle and you've made a bad play. Shuckle is primarily to set up Webs to Slow Pokemon down and Set up Rocks for damage and to break Focus Sash. It tends to go out first to fight but there are times when i need to switch it out cause it might not get a chance to set up its webs and rocks. Encore is there to help the opponent to set up ... continuously and Knock Off is to get rid of items and find out what they plan to do.
Here are some replays that can show the power of rocks
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-268479458 [Shows off the team pretty well]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-268443456 [Shows Terrakion sweeping off]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-268438750 [Shows off my offensive core]

Threats you should look out for:
Mega-Medicham With a combo of Bullet Punch and High Jump Kick, Mega Medicham can take at least one hit from Band Terrakion and OHKO with High Jump Kick. It can also OHKO Diancie-Mega with Bullet Punch or KO a weakened Rhyperior with High Jump Kick. The best way to handle Medicham is to preserve Rhyperior to around 85% so it can take one HJK and OHKO in return. More unorthodox answers include Banded Aerodactyl, or the Pain Split Level two Probopass set, which can get around Medicham-Mega with Protect, Pain Split, and finishing it off with Toxic.

Strong, Fast Steel types In particular, Mega Metagross gets a shoutout for being able to get past this core with bulk, Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch, and Grass Knot stops the core's regular answer to Steel types, Rhyperior. If it lacks Grass Knot, a healthy Rhyperior can switch in and OHKO with +2 (from Weakness Policy) Earthquake. If it does have Grass Knot... well, you would need the Pain Split Level 2 Probopass set, then finish it off with Terrakion's Quick Attack or another form of priority.

Bulky Ground types This core lacks the coverage to effectively break through bulky Ground types, namely Gastrodon and Hippowdon, both of which can threaten the core with their STAB attacks. With enough pressure however, Terrakion and Diancie-Mega (especially with Calm Mind) can attempt to break through them. Otherwise, you could patch this problem up by using physically defensive Cradily or Air Balloon Omastar.

Bulky/Offensive Grass types This core has trouble with bulky Grass types, similar to Ground types. The catch is that many Grass types can heal off some damage with Giga Drain or Synthesis. Shaymin-S in particular can outspeed every member of the core and bypass Sticky Web. Assault Vest Tyranitar can tank some hits from this monster, while Cradily can attempt to Toxic stall it out. Offensively, banded Aerodactyl and itemless Archeops can threaten both with Aerial Ace and Acrobatics, respectively, although Aerodactyl must be Jolly to outspeed Shaymin-S, while Archeops will often collide with Ferrothorn if against a Grass Monotype, whittling it down to Defeatist range.

Finally My team of Rock so you can use the power for yourself
http://pastebin.com/vF1QAXPZ

scpinion

Last edited:
Hello everyone My name is CheezusBleezus and I'm making a RMT for Monotype Rock. Now i know that Rock is the absolute worst type to use in monotype when you have Water or Psychic but thats going to all change or might change so her is my Offensive Monotype Rock.

Team in Preview:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diancie @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect / Calm Mind

Mega Diancie is probably the most useful out of the megas with its ability Magic Bounce it can allow me to get free switch ins when someone wants to WoW my Terrakion or Toxic my Cradily and with Fairy typing I have coverage for fighting types so crossing out that weakness and I usually use this at the end when shuckle has its webs up or i seem to have no other choice.

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
This is my Sweeper Terrakion. Terrakion main job is to pretty much sweep when shuckle has done its job or there is no one on my team that can wip out the opponent.Now Close Combat, Stone Edge, and Earthquake are pretty standard moves to use but its the Player's choice of using quick attacks for pokemon like Scolipede that usually carries sash and start to sweep or just any partciular pokemon that happens to live off of sash. Iron head is for fairies mainly or if you want to hax someone ;) and last Zen headbutt for myself i personally use it for poison types like Venusaur which are pretty threatening to my team and if i had any luck ... FLINCHES.

Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Avalanche
- Fire Punch​

So here is my sorta tank sorta attacker Rhyperior. With the ability Solid Rock I am able to live a High Jump Kick from Mega Lopunny or Mega Medicham and KO it with either Avalanche or Earthquake. Just remember that around 85% it can live a High Jump Kick. Fire punch is just coverage for bulky steel types like scizor or forretress that tends to set up. Weakness Policy helps me boost my attack to KO on first try but sadly once i get hit Rhyperior dies next turn but Rhyperior has done its job and killed off a pokemon you wont deal with anymore.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
Cradily aka Soldier is mostly used to stall out pokemon with toxic or be a badass and kill water types such as Swampert or Gastrodon. Recover, Toxic, and Giga Drain are pretty much every moved used on Cradily but Earth Power is something for like Heatran or Magnezone even if i dont get STAB i can get a good amount of damage to weaken them off so terrakion can finish off but sometimes cradily wont be able to do so much other than Toxic.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
My favorite specialty... Suprise. Tyranitar is a Scarf Tyranitar mainly cause I see it as being used to set up rocks or T-wave but I didn't think Tyranitar was meant for just that so I put a scarf on and boom The best sweeper I've ever seen. Stone Edge and Crunch are moves that are STAB to cover psychic types and bug, flying, and fire types. Flamethrower and Fureblast are coverage for Steel types and either one is fine unless you want power but I'd prefer for not missing my moves than having a chance to miss. Ice Beam is just for flying types primarily just cause Lando-T is a bit scary.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off
Fuckle with Shuckle and you've made a bad play. Shuckle is primarily to set up Webs to Slow Pokemon down and Set up Rocks for damage and to break Focus Sash. It tends to go out first to fight but there are times when i need to switch it out cause it might not get a chance to set up its webs and rocks. Encore is there to help the opponent to set up ... continuously and Knock Off is to get rid of items and find out what they plan to do.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-268479458 [Shows off the team pretty well]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-268443456 [Shows Terrakion sweeping off]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-268438750 [Shows off my offensive core]

Mega-Medicham With a combo of Bullet Punch and High Jump Kick, Mega Medicham can take at least one hit from Band Terrakion and OHKO with High Jump Kick. It can also OHKO Diancie-Mega with Bullet Punch or KO a weakened Rhyperior with High Jump Kick. The best way to handle Medicham is to preserve Rhyperior to around 85% so it can take one HJK and OHKO in return. More unorthodox answers include Banded Aerodactyl, or the Pain Split Level two Probopass set, which can get around Medicham-Mega with Protect, Pain Split, and finishing it off with Toxic.

Strong, Fast Steel types In particular, Mega Metagross gets a shoutout for being able to get past this core with bulk, Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch, and Grass Knot stops the core's regular answer to Steel types, Rhyperior. If it lacks Grass Knot, a healthy Rhyperior can switch in and OHKO with +2 (from Weakness Policy) Earthquake. If it does have Grass Knot... well, you would need the Pain Split Level 2 Probopass set, then finish it off with Terrakion's Quick Attack or another form of priority.

Bulky Ground types This core lacks the coverage to effectively break through bulky Ground types, namely Gastrodon and Hippowdon, both of which can threaten the core with their STAB attacks. With enough pressure however, Terrakion and Diancie-Mega (especially with Calm Mind) can attempt to break through them. Otherwise, you could patch this problem up by using physically defensive Cradily or Air Balloon Omastar.

Bulky/Offensive Grass types This core has trouble with bulky Grass types, similar to Ground types. The catch is that many Grass types can heal off some damage with Giga Drain or Synthesis. Shaymin-S in particular can outspeed every member of the core and bypass Sticky Web. Assault Vest Tyranitar can tank some hits from this monster, while Cradily can attempt to Toxic stall it out. Offensively, banded Aerodactyl and itemless Archeops can threaten both with Aerial Ace and Acrobatics, respectively, although Aerodactyl must be Jolly to outspeed Shaymin-S, while Archeops will often collide with Ferrothorn if against a Grass Monotype, whittling it down to Defeatist range.

scpinion
Hey, this is a really cool rock team! Scarf TTar is a great idea, so cudos to you. I have no real complaints, this is a team I would try out and use. I do have a couple suggestions that may help you out, especially against ground. The idea of this team is offense, why not try out Curse Cradily?

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Seed Bomb / Bullet Seed
- Earthquake
- Recover

This is a great bulky attacker, and you can literally boost against Gastro/Seismi. I was half tempted to put Suction cups just for hippo, but, the water immunity is much needed. This can help you take care of an entire ground team plus exca after 1-2 boosts. The only thing you need to be cautious of is Lando I, but your team seems to have some soft answers, so I think you'll be alright there. If those fail though, make sure Cradily has a couple boosts, and Sandstorm is up. If you wanted some more power so you don't need to boost as much, but I think keeping it max sp def is your best bet.

Otherwise, this is a great well rounded team, you should be really proud of yourself. I'll be trying this out myself, because you convinced me. I hope your team makes it as a sample, bc this is rly deserving for it! :)

Thanks Man I really appreciate you looking forward to this team and I like the idea of Physical Cradily and will try it out the next time i go ladder with the team and again I'm glad to have you play the team and comment.

Stunfisk The Great

Offensive Mono-Rock Team

Team in Preview:

Diancie @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect / Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Avalanche
- Fire Punch​

Cradily @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Knock Off

scpinion
Is this a monotype ubers team? You mentioned pokemon like megagross and skymin in the threatlist and both are banned. :s

I like the team and I like the offensive concept!

The one thing I would change is the set on Rhyperior. It really is powerful after a Weakness Policy boost but does not keep sweeping, either because it gets KO'd by any x4 special move or faster pokes will still out-speed it even with sticky webs set down and knocking Rhyperior out.

I use Rhyperior in my own rock team with this set:

Rhyperior @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def ~OR~ EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Endure

It's rare that people see this coming. Once you're pretty sure that you won't survive the next hit, click endure so on the next turn you can KO the foe for sure with Rhyperior's incredible attack power. You might have to play around the EVs on this set and see which investments works best for you.

OR seeing that this offensive rock team uses Shuckle and its Sticky Web, a faster Pokemon such as Archeops or Aerodactyl could replace Rhyperior entirely.
This Archeops set seems to be most fitting with the team and I think it's something worth trying out:

Archeops @ Power Herb / No item
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sky Attack/Stone Edge
- Acrobatics
- Heat Wave
- Earthquake

Simple and mixed. If no Sky Attack then no item is needed. Heatwave's there to hit any unsuspecting Ferrothorn or Forretress (maybe even Durant!).

I needed to fix that. Thanks for reminding me ^-^ SubMindRaikou

I like the custap set since rhyperior is a slow pokemon and i will definetely try it out and archeops using heat wave i guess is coverage but since its very weak to a fast steel type like metagross i dont see it used much and i have fire coverage on tyranitar but thanks for the compliment and i will try out your sets vitkray

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Nice team, but why not put an Adamant Nature on Terrakion? Since it is Scarfed, it will be outspeeding the metagame by far, so it wouldn't hurt to put an Adamant nature to get a little extra power. Your team also have a noticeable weakness to Scizor, once Rhyperior is out. Once it gets A Swords Dance, Bullet Punch will sweep your team, so you may want to choose Mega Aggron, who is also viable in many other ways in being able to survive most Physical Attacks. You also don't want to put a Naive nature on Tyranitar, as it's Special Defense boost is one of its best features, and you don't want to throw that away, don't you. A hasty nature is recommended, as Tyranitar's defense is still decent, even with a reduced nature. Mega Aggron would remove your weakness to Mega Venusaur, Excadrill, Mega Medicham, and Hippowdon.

Nice team, but why not put an Adamant Nature on Terrakion? Since it is Scarfed, it will be outspeeding the metagame by far, so it wouldn't hurt to put an Adamant nature to get a little extra power. Your team also have a noticeable weakness to Scizor, once Rhyperior is out. Once it gets A Swords Dance, Bullet Punch will sweep your team, so you may want to choose Mega Aggron, who is also viable in many other ways in being able to survive most Physical Attacks. You also don't want to put a Naive nature on Tyranitar, as it's Special Defense boost is one of its best features, and you don't want to throw that away, don't you. A hasty nature is recommended, as Tyranitar's defense is still decent, even with a reduced nature. Mega Aggron would remove your weakness to Mega Venusaur, Excadrill, Mega Medicham, and Hippowdon.
Every rock team is weak to scizor, ans terrakion (without scarf) is already at a great speed tier with usable attack.

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Uhhhhhhhhh no. It can usually wall, but running fire punch over recovery usually isn't very worth it.
Yes, yes, you have a point, only that it is worth it. For instance, if a team has a weakness to Mega Lopunny, so they put Brave Bird on their Mandibuzz to counter it, it is worth it as to rather getting swept. It's totally worth it in the fact that if it didn't have Fire Punch, this team would die to Scizor. Sometimes you have to modify your Pokemon to adjust your needs. It's called fine-tuning.

Yes, yes, you have a point, only that it is worth it. For instance, if a team has a weakness to Mega Lopunny, so they put Brave Bird on their Mandibuzz to counter it, it is worth it as to rather getting swept. It's totally worth it in the fact that if it didn't have Fire Punch, this team would die to Scizor. Sometimes you have to modify your Pokemon to adjust your needs. It's called fine-tuning.
Ik, but, most people like to keep its health up its so bulky. Plus he already has diancie that covers his fighting weakness.

Mega Aggron is probably the best answer to Steel-types on Rock, but I don't think that it would fit well on this team. This is offensive Rock; Mega Aggron fits better on more balanced Rock teams. Mega Diancie is the best choice for that Mega slot since it breaks through stuff like Mega Sableye and other Fighting-types for Terrakion and has a great offensive presence + Magic Bounce. It also has a great Speed tier to make use of Sticky Webs, which Mega Aggron can't nearly do as well. Besides, Rhyperior is decent enough at checking Scizor, as long as you can keep it healthy (easier said than done, but that's the best you can do, really).

Meh, I'd definitely keep Choice Band Terrakion with a Jolly nature since it is at such an important Speed tier, but an Adamant nature on Choice Scarf Terrakion is definitely an option, but keep in mind that you won't be able to outspeed stuff like Scarf Garchomp, Kyurem-B, and Thundurus-T, or Speed tie with Scarf Keldeo and Terrakion either. Whether the power is worth it or not there is debatable.

With Choice Scarf Tyranitar, I don't think that it matters much which defensive stat you decide to drop. Hasty Tyranitar (-Def) is more weak to priority attacks like Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch; Choice Band Scizor will definitely OHKO it. It has a good chance to survive Landorus's Earth Power and surprise it with Ice Beam, though. Naive Tyranitar (-Spd) is less weak to priority attacks, so it has a chance to live CB Scizor's Bullet Punch and smack it with Flamethrower, but it won't live Landorus's Earth Power. Overall, I'm thinking that Hasty would be better, but it just doesn't matter a whole lot IMO.
(you also could change up its EVs as well, you don't need so much SpA investment, as long as you have enough to OHKO Garchomp and whatnot after Stealth Rock, you should be fine)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)