ORAS UU Swamp Thing (Weezing Greatness)

How is Weezing able to float?

• Total voters

Hello and Welcome to anther Spoofy RMT. Today is my birthday. I thought instead of you guys giving something to me, I could give something to you! Swamp Thing is not only is effective in UU, but it also is a hell of a lot of fun to use. The primary core is Weezing and Hydreigon. For more information about the core, click here. I hope you guys enjoy the team! Leave your suggestions down below!

Team Building Process
Weezing has always been an underrated threat in UU. Oh how I desired to make a competitive Weezing team. I put my thoughts together and decided that Weezing needed a power dark type to complete a nice dual core. Hydreigon was an amazing option that fit so well with Weezing's weaknesses and it's own.

Next I wanted a fighting resist with recovery to help Weezing out since it has no great recovery. A bulky psychic type fit so well with Weezing covering Beedrill weakness and psychic typing resisting psychic. Reuniclus was a great option with its effectiveness in UU and being a win condition.

After Reuniclus, I decided to make it easy on me and throw in an Empoleon. I make too many teams with Empoleon but I wanted this one to be good so I kept it. It just does so many cool jobs. It takes on Hydreigon nicely and lays and gets rid of hazards. Provides a nice fairy resist too. Keeps pressure off Weezing.

Alright with all this status going around, I wanted a fast fighting cleaner. Mienshoa looks like a good choice but I HATE missing HJK. So I went with Heracross because moxie scarf clean is dangerous! The extra dark resist is great too.

Ok so I am pretty much finished with my team and I see that I have no ground type. I also notice I have no mega so.... I chose Mega Swampert. I'm pretty iffy on this choice. I know have two cleaners which still works fine but it seems a little redundant.

Golden squad right here! Swamp Thing was born! The name was inspired by Weezing's gooey ugliness and of course Swampert being on the team. Without further ado, here is the team!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
Will-O-Wisp

Toxic Spikes

Clear Smog

Flamethrower

: Oh yummy Weezing. This giant ball of sludge is the reason for this teams success. Of course when you build a team around a specific mon, that mon is going to shine brighter than the rest. My move selection is quite simple. Wil-o-wisp is to widdle down my opponents and half their damage. T spikes is so I have something to do when they are switching their fire type in. Clear Smog saves me from reuniclus and snorlax. Also you dont have to worry about missing the slurpuff with wilo. Lastly we have flamethrower for Sub SD Cobalion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor

Dark Pulse

Taunt

Roost

: This is jelly to my peanut butter and Weezing sandwich! The fire and psychic resist on this dragon is very important to the synergy of this core. Taunt is an absolute. It ensures that status and t spikes keep rolling over my opponent. Dark pulse and Draco are my powerful stabs. Roost is really great as I use this as my Chandelure switch. Roost also helps me stall break stuff like Umbreon and Suicune.
@

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
Recover

Calm Mind

Psyshock

Focus Blast

: Don't bash me for using two S ranked pokemon. The synergy was just too much to resist. Reuniclus serves as another fighting resist and as a win condition. Recover and Calm mind is to boost and keep health up. Psyshock is so I can break through the specially defensive walls easier and win in a CM war against slowking. Focus Blast is the better choice for coverage. I did not need Shadow ball because of my multiple switch ins.
@

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
Scald

Stealth Rock

Defog

Roar

: OML Empoleon is beautiful. Look how many jobs it is doing with this set. I have phase out Cresselia and Snorlax with Roar. Scald is my choice of stab. I want to get them 99% chance burns. Stealth rocks gives me something to do when I switch in on Florges or Crobat. Defog is to remove spikes and SR if it gets to be too much. My poison type floats on electrons so it doesn't absorb T spikes.
@

Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Close Combat

Megahorn

Stone Edge

Knock Off

: People clean up in fear of bugs. Well this bug cleans up and still inflicts fear. That has got to be some irony or something. Anyway Heracross is a powerful scarf users with great stabs and an awesome ability. CloseCombat is for Snorlax and steel types that like to ruin my core. Mega Horn is for Reuniclus and power without the defense drops. Stone edge is for coverage. Crobat and Salamence are annoying. Knock off is to punish switches to things that take nothing from Heracross. Usually you won't sweep a team with knock off.
@

Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
Waterfall

Earthquake

Rain Dance

Ice Punch

: Ew. Mega Swampert is another cleaner. Works really well with the team being a mega and a ground type. Earthquake is my mega damage! Deals with the electric types and pesky steal types. Rain Dance is my sweep opportunity. It doubles my speed and makes my flinching waterfalls hit harder. Ice punch is for Hydreigon and grass type coverage. Standard and effective.

Threat List
Mega Blastoise: This pokemon takes at least one of my pokes life every time I see it unless this happens; here. So basically Mega Swampert is my MBLastoise counter... It hits all my mons super effectively or just hits them plain hard. I be feeling like King UU making my teams blastoise weak.
Sub DD Salamence: Just why does this super situational set destroy me? Weezing cant break through sub. Outrage and eq destroy me. I can work around it with some risky 50/50s and sacrificing a pokemon or two.
NastyPlot Grassknot Infernape: Very rare but 6-0s my team. Well I can kill with heracross but I cant switch into it. Reuniclus cant switch into it as +2 fireblast is a certain kill.

SHOUT OUTS
LeoLancaster You are an awesome guy and a very good UU user. Always fun chatting with you... now just win in BANG oml!
Christo The Gr8 What a cool dude. This man has an awesome tour w/l ratio. Probably one of the best UU battlers and users right now! Love testing with you!
King UU Give this a good rate please if you got time. Also happy early Birthday!
dodmen Hey man I love your rates! You are an awesome battler and innovator! Can't wait to see you win UU open.
teal6 Fam Spam! I hope I can see you around more. I love watching you battle and congrats on UU open! You are doing great and will make it very far if not win.
NV Thanks for your support. You are a great overall user with lots of UU knowledge. Like your threads :]
Sacri' TewMew is a great battler but how did you let him win?!!? haha nice job and stick around. The comUUnity loves you.
gobosox for believing that anyone that does long posts has autism.
Hogg Hey man love your threads and willingness to do all this UU stuff. Havnt seen you around as much. Hope everything is going well for you n_n
iplaytennislol Best NU player in UU. Scyther is bad though...
Slate. Are you still living hello??
Pak Congrats on driver and keep up the good work! UU open success! Thanks for being a sub btw.
Cactrune Someone please notice this guy! He is a fantastic user and presence on PS. Hey man thanks for all your support!
YABO You are probably my favorite user ngl. I like your knowledge. I like your innovation. You are just a fun guy!
LilOu I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I swear
Arifeen RIP
dingbat where you at?!? How I wish to have a mega swampert trophy lol
Shiba give me a good rate! Oh btw snorlax does not fit on this team so SUCK IT!
Omfuga hey man I appreciate your involvement with the VR thread. It really is a gift of yours how you manage it so well!
R0ady Can you change your name to an "o" instead of 0. Also congrats on UU open success!

Rest of UU Fam: beppityboopbop Euphonos IronBullet Hikari radianthero156 Kreme hilarious Yifeng DKFirelord Merlouvynis malinowski Do A Bibarel daedalus1103 Vapo Serperior for Uber Ununhexium iWanka
Hopefully I can get some sweet rates out of you guys! Thank you all for your support! Thanks!

If I forgot anyone please bash me and I'll add you!

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Clear Smog
- Flamethrower

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance
- Ice Punch

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i feel like i get the least love out of all uu people :P

also DONT POST YOUR CREEP IN YOUR RMTs IM GONNA CREEP YOU NOW

Hey Daspoofy! Cool team, Happy Birthday, and thanks for the shoutout!

This team looks like a fun way to utilize Weezing's potential while making it work effectively by checking the majority of UU's threats simultaneously. I have two suggestions that I think will overall make this team's ability to check more of the metagame better. From what I can see now, your struggles with certain Dragons like LO/Specs Hydreigon and Lum Moxie DD Salamence(This one just completely 6-0s).

I recommend trying out Ice Beam > Roar on Empoleon and Thunder-Wave > Focus Blast on Reuniclus. Normally, Roar is a must on any Specially Defensive Empoleon, although, I believe your use of Clear Smog on Weezing can check those setup sweepers that Roar would be great for. Ice Beam give you a reliable way to hit Hydreigon as well as giving your Empoleon a way to not be setup bait for DD Salamence.

Your team would really appreciate Thunder-Wave support as a whole. It supports Swampert, your own Reuniclus, Hydreigon, and pretty much the rest of the team. It makes setting up Toxic Spikes as well as Defoging and setting up hazards far easier. Not only does it help in those cases, crippling fast threats like Salamence, Feraligatr, Hydreigon and Entei, for instance, takes the pressure off the rest of your team.

Other than that, I think the team looks pretty solid and I wish you the best of luck!

First things first, this team looks amazing! There isnt any really big things I can see that really needs to be changed, and I will definetly be picking up this team as I slowly climb back into more involved mons like I used too.

Second, as a person who has been very frustrated with his UU performance in Grand Slam, I was really happy when I was scrolling through the RMT's and found yours, complete with the team, a threatlist, and a shoutout section, with me in it no less! I really look up to you as a battler, poster, and general contributer to my favorite tier of all time, and I am honored to be considered part of the "UU fam" by you. A well deserved happy birthday to you!

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Your team would really appreciate Thunder-Wave support as a whole. It supports Swampert, your own Reuniclus, Hydreigon, and pretty much the rest of the team. It makes setting up Toxic Spikes as well as Defoging and setting up hazards far easier. Not only does it help in those cases, crippling fast threats like Salamence, Feraligatr, Hydreigon and Entei, for instance, takes the pressure off the rest of your team.
yo wouldnt paralyzing things make it so they cant be toxic spiked. yeah it makes it easier to set up the tspikes but it doesnt make them as useful

yo wouldnt paralyzing things make it so they cant be toxic spiked. yeah it makes it easier to set up the tspikes but it doesnt make them as useful
I'm saying that it is easier to lay them up on Paralyzed pokemon. If Spoofy can manage to paralysis an entire team, grats to him man.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sup Spoof, told you I'd rate this so I will. The main thing I noticed was a very large weakness to a long forgotten set, Mixed Hydreigon. You actually have nothing for it and it scares me. In fact, normal Hydreigons with Roost are problematic in general since Empo is the only real response you have and Hydreigon finds several opportunities to fire off STAB moves. I want to suggest Ice Beam to help with that but you really can't fit Rocks anywhere else unless you wanted to switch to a bulkier pert but idk how I feel about that change. Anyways, the only way to really alleviate the Hydreigon problem is to toss something for a Fairy. The only logical choices would be for Reun or Weezing. Stacking Beedrill weakness is a horrible idea so Weezing is stuck there which only leaves Reun which will hurt your Suicune matchup but alleviate the Hydrei problem. Florges > Reun would help a lot against many of the threats you listed while still maintaining a wincon and keeping your fighting resist. Thats the only real change I can see being worthwhile without gutting the whole team since the team looks solid as is. I won't leave the set here because I'm sure you're familiar with CM Florges at this point.

Hey Daspoofy! Cool team, Happy Birthday, and thanks for the shoutout!

This team looks like a fun way to utilize Weezing's potential while making it work effectively by checking the majority of UU's threats simultaneously. I have two suggestions that I think will overall make this team's ability to check more of the metagame better. From what I can see now, your struggles with certain Dragons like LO/Specs Hydreigon and Lum Moxie DD Salamence(This one just completely 6-0s).

I recommend trying out Ice Beam > Roar on Empoleon and Thunder-Wave > Focus Blast on Reuniclus. Normally, Roar is a must on any Specially Defensive Empoleon, although, I believe your use of Clear Smog on Weezing can check those setup sweepers that Roar would be great for. Ice Beam give you a reliable way to hit Hydreigon as well as giving your Empoleon a way to not be setup bait for DD Salamence.

Other than that, I think the team looks pretty solid and I wish you the best of luck!
Hey thank you so much for rating! The more the merrier. Thunder-Wave > Focus Blast this one I really like. I get to paralyze the the incoming Hydreigon instead of hoping focus blast hits. Though, I don't think I'm weak to Hydreigon. It has never come across to me as a threat to this team mostly because it fall victim to my faster sweepers (CC and Ice Punch). Ice Beam > Roar is meh. I see where you are getting at but I do not think I'm Hydreigon weak. I am, however, Blastoise weak so having something like Grass Knot may do better over ice beam. Roar may seem a little redundant with taunt Hydreigon and Clear Smog Weezing, yet I don't want to put the pressure of coming in on a Snorlax with Weezing. It should only be taking resisted hits.

Thanks for your rate! If you think of anything else please post it! I'll try ThunderWave Reuniclus and maybe grass knot empoleon. Grass knot does leave me suseptable to DD salamence though. LOL tbh Ill probably keep roar on it!

Sup Spoof, told you I'd rate this so I will. The main thing I noticed was a very large weakness to a long forgotten set, Mixed Hydreigon. You actually have nothing for it and it scares me. In fact, normal Hydreigons with Roost are problematic in general since Empo is the only real response you have and Hydreigon finds several opportunities to fire off STAB moves. I want to suggest Ice Beam to help with that but you really can't fit Rocks anywhere else unless you wanted to switch to a bulkier pert but idk how I feel about that change. Anyways, the only way to really alleviate the Hydreigon problem is to toss something for a Fairy. The only logical choices would be for Reun or Weezing. Stacking Beedrill weakness is a horrible idea so Weezing is stuck there which only leaves Reun which will hurt your Suicune matchup but alleviate the Hydrei problem. Florges > Reun would help a lot against many of the threats you listed while still maintaining a wincon and keeping your fighting resist. Thats the only real change I can see being worthwhile without gutting the whole team since the team looks solid as is. I won't leave the set here because I'm sure you're familiar with CM Florges at this point.
Oooh nice catch! Florges over reuni does have a lot of advantages for this team although... I am not Hydreigon weak lol. CM florges fits a lot better than reuniclus. The only problem I can see is Entei having more freedom to come in on my team. I would have to be careful to keep Hydreigon healthy and work for the swampert sweep. Yeah thats a great suggestion! Thanks a lot! I will try that out too. Ganna miss the hazard immunity though.

(!)IF YOU HAVE A RATE PLEASE SHARE(!)
I want to try them all and maybe be inspired to try new things for new teams.

Tfw I'm not in the shoutout list even though I'm quite literally always in the chat. I see how it is you racist.

I really can't say anything that hasn't already been said. The only real issue is the lack of a very reliable physical wallbreaker.
A choice band Heracross can help with this rather minor flaw. Mega Swamoert shits on everything anyway so that isn't too neccesary.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Don't really have much to rate at this point tbh. CM Florges is a change I support which helps against Mence and Blastoise. Other than that I only have a small move change. Earthquake over Stone Edge on Heracross to help with Nidos, because you have a slight Nido weakness which becomes worse with the Florges change. You can play around it obviously with the poison and ground immunity on your team, but having another way to revenge it is always nice. Nice team btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)