No Guard Galaxy

durant might actually be so broken with hustle as now it has boosted x-scissor and iron head for stabs and stone edge to combat fire types

durant might actually be so broken with hustle as now it has boosted x-scissor and iron head for stabs and stone edge to combat fire types
It has 188 base (wrote about that before), so Banded X-Scissor hits like a truck (almost like Mega Hera's Pin Missile)

Hone Claws is the only boosting move Durant gets, which after one set up, takes care of the accuracy itself. It may be good, but definitely not something that can get past top-notch walls.

Also, Jirachi OP.

Also, this.

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Inferno
- Thunder

Thoughts on this…

• Zap Cannon Mega Ampharos becomes a bulky powerhouse that NOTHING OFFENSIVE short of electrics and grounds wants to switch into.
  • 100% accurate Toxics and WoWs means that stall/defensive teams can pretty much spam status with impunity.
  • Gunk Shot on Toxicroak is now a legitimate answer to Fairy types
  • Fairy types actually take a large hit because of things like Iron Tail becoming much more reliable as a means of KO
  • Landorus becomes even more unmanageable for defensive/balanced teams because of that Focus Blast.
Think your Blob will hold up? After Knock Off, 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Chansey: 309-367 (48.1 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO I didn't think so, shut up.

• Sing/Grasswhistle> any other sleep move because they ignore Substitutes.
  • Mega Venu and Chesnaught really appreciate the buff to Leech Seed (and Whimsicott to an extent)
  • Gengar's viability skyrockets with Hypnosis and Focus Blast being 100% accurate (seriously that thing forces enough switches)
  • Dragon Tail no longer screws you over (just Fairy types now…) meaning that tanks like Rhyperior and Mega Aggron can phaze stuff more reliably
That's all for now folks

Raichu @ Life Orb
Trait: Static/Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Surf (Ability must be Static)/Grass Knot
This thing is fast, can put things into sleep, can set up and has nice coverage. Practically a mini Darkrai.

Sing Marowak new meta.

Anyway I like this meta. It removes annoying misses from the game which is always nice and now everything can spam Dynamicpunch and Zap Cannon. Anyways here are a few cool Pokemon to use.

Can now run Fire Blast and Hurricane without accuracy problems, sucks that it doesn't get Inferno though.
Gets a bunch of special moves to use without risk like Hurricane, Fire Blast, Thunder and Blizzard
Serene Grace Thunder, Blizzard and Fire Blast are pretty cool. Choice Specs Dunsparce is gonna be my bro.
No longer has to deal with Hustle issues, has quite a few useful moves now like Dragon Rush, Head Smash and Zen heatbutt.
Practically god this meta.

Valmanway No Guard 2.0 has been chosen as the Leader's Choice!

One thing, Eevee and I are iffy on calling the ladder "No Guard". Possibly add a noun after it? We came up with No Guard Galaxy but maybe you have a better idea.

Say hello to maximum hax! Mew with Dynamic Punch and Zap Cannon is hell.

I look forward to playing the meta though. Lotta cool toys to play around with, like Inferno.

The following moves all have 70 or less Accuracy.

Blizzard, Dynamic Punch, Focus Blast, Grass Whistle, Hurricane, Hypnosis, Inferno, Sing, Smog, Supersonic, Thunder, Zap Cannon

(I of course removed the OHKO moves)

Notably, Sleep is easier, Burn+damage is widespread, Confusion is everywhere, and Paralysis is a constant.

80 and below adds the following.

Cross Chop, Dark Void, Dragon Rush, Egg Bomb, Fury Swipes, Gunk Shot, Head Smash, Hydro Pump, Iron Tail, Kinesis, Lovely Kiss, Magma Storm, Mega Kick, Poison Powder, Slam, Sleep Powder, Stone Edge, Submission, Sweet Kiss

Most notably: Dragons running Dragon Rush instead of Outrage, Poison types running Gunk Shot instead of Poison Jab, a number of Steel types running Iron Tail, Head Smash is reliable, Stone Edge is reliable, and Heatran can run Magma Storm easily.

90 and below adds the following.

Aqua Tail, Barrage, Belch, Bind, Blast Burn, Blaze Kick, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Bone Club, Bone Rush, Bonemerang, Bounce, Charge Beam, Circle Throw, Clamp, Comet Punch, Crabhammer, Double Hit, Double Slap, Draco Meteor, Dragon Tail, Dual Chop, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Freeze Shock, Frenzy Plant, Frost Breath, Fury Attack, Gear Grind, Giga Impact, Hammer Arm, Heat Wave, High Jump Kick, Hydro Cannon, Hyper Beam, Hyper Fang, Ice Ball, Ice Burn, Icicle Crash, Leaf Storm, Leaf Tornado, Leech Seed, Light of Ruin, Mega Punch, Megahorn, Metal Sound, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Mud Bomb, Muddy Water, Octazooka, Origin Pulse, Overheat, Play Rough, Poison Gas, Power Whip, Precipice Blades, Present, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Rock Blast, Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Rock Wrecker, Rolling Kick, Rollout, Sand Tomb, Screech, Seed Flare, Sky Attack, Sky Uppercut, Sonic Boom, Steel Wing, Swagger, Tail Slap, Take Down, Triple Kick, Whirlpool, Will-O-Wisp, Wrap, Zen Headbutt

Well, that's a lot. Mostly it makes a number of already popular moves -like High Jump Kick, Leech Seed, Leaf Storm on Serperior, etc- more reliable, thankfully.

Lastly, 95 Accuracy moves.

Aeroblast, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Crush Claw, Cut, Diamond Storm, Drill Run, Electroweb, Fire Fang, Fly, Flying Press, Fury Cutter, Glaciate, Ice Fang, Icy Wind, Jump Kick, Metal Claw, Mud Shot, Night Daze, Pin Missile, Razor Leaf, Razor Shell, Rock Tomb, Sacred Fire, Snarl, Spacial Rend, Steam Eruption, String Shot, Thunder Fang, V-create

Again, nobody ever chooses to not run these moves because of their minor Accuracy issues, but it is nice to be certain that your Mega Beedrill's Drill Run won't cost you Mega Beedrill/the match on a 5% miss rate.

---

Sadly, Entei doesn't get Inferno, so it's still stuck with its event-locked Sacred Fire if it wants to spread Burns, and frankly it's probably going to be outclassed by any number of Pokemon with Inferno. Weirdly, Mismagius has Inferno. That's cool.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I don't know about sleep moves... As mentioned before, stuff like Grass Whistle Whimsicott are gonna be annoying to take with SubSeed stall. Sleep is pretty powerful, especially with a mon that can stall you out. I would either suggest a Grass Whistle ban (which wouldn't make sense) or just ban Whimiscott.

A metagame that makes sure Machamp is outclassed :(

No but really I do like the idea. And since we get to start playing it in a couple of days, I suggest everyone make teams and not worry about bans. I would support a suspect test for Whimsicott because I have always felt spore abuse (like in STABmons, BH,etc) is uncompetitive and boring, but that's a whole other argument. Never miss Sing and Grasswhistle could narrow down viable mons, but it could also open up possibilities for underused mons to shine, such as those with Insomnia/Early Bird. Like EBird Houndoom w Inferno or something

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Honestly I like this meta, despite how offensively oriented it is likely to be, because at least I finally have the consolation that I will no longer miss will o wisp .

Reactions: MK

EV

Banned deucer.
If Sleep rises so will Grass-types, Insomnia/Vital Spirit, Safety Goggles, status absorbs (Guts, RestTalk, Early Bird, things already hit with Zap Cannon/Inferno), Magic Bounce, Lum Berry, Choice Sleep Talk users, and more. Also you can only sleep one target at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)