Gen 6 Pokemon Matchmaking (Week 4,Primal Kyogre)

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
| Approved by Sweep and Fireburn | OP stolen from DarkNostalgia
Obligatory art needed text

All Pokemon are unable to function effectively without their checks and counters gone, which is where their teammates come in. These partners are capable of dismantling multiple Pokemon proving a threat to their teammates, providing invaluable support and thus are often seen as the heart of the team.
This project aims to brainstorm various ideal and effective partners to various Pokemon that may range from metagame defining Pokemon to more underrated threats.

Procedure

Every week, I will nominate a Pokemon for discussion of potential partners and submissions. In that week, you will have the chance to submit any good partners for that chosen Pokemon, and after the course of the week I will choose the three best partners for that chosen Pokemon and put it into the archive. People that manage to get into the archive multiple times with good submissions will be let into the Hall of Fame.

Rules

1. Stick with things on the viability rankings. Pokemon such as Deo-D or Arceus-Fire which are not viable should not be nominated at all.
2. Reservations are perfectly welcome. However, in your reservation post you must state when you will be able to get your reservation done. This time frame must be no longer than 12 hours. After this time has expired, other users can take your reservation and do it for themselves. If you do not state a time frame your reservation expires in exactly two hours.
3. Don't theorymon. Post Pokemon that you have experience with, or have seen it have quite some use, don't pull Pokemon out of your ass that you think will work well. Have some experience first please.
4. Explain how and why the Pokemon you chose works well. For example, offensive synergy in terms of checks and counters or defensive synergy in terms of typing and checking threats.
5. Be nice to others with your posts and only post meaningful things. One-liners clutter up the thread, as do random memes.
6. Calcs are nice, but not compulsory.
7. Enjoy :)

Week 2

Week 1 - All-out Attacker Mega Kangaskhan
Week 2 - Bulky Mega Mewtwo X
Week 3- Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian
Week 4- Calm Mind Primal-Kyogre

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Blizzard / Ice Beam
- Thunder / HP Ground

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll do Dark Arceus, most likely in around 10-11 hours ish

EDIT:

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Dark Arceus is a solid partner for Mega Kangaskhan. Most notably, it counters the Ghost-types, such as Ghost Arceus and Giratina-O, that tend to wall Mega Kangaskhan by virtue of their typing. Dark Arceus can switch into said Ghost-types and set up Calm Mind or attack with a super effective Judgment. In a similar manner, Mega Kangaskhan threatens some of the Dark Arceus's checks, as its raw physical strength can easily overwhelm the likes of Blissey and Clefable. Another way in which Dark Arceus and Mega Kangaskhan synergize well is through their ability to deal with multiple playstyles. Dark Arceus can serve as a wincon against bulkier teams, using Calm Mind and Refresh to set up to +6/+6 before sweeping (granted, it doesn't win in every matchup but it can beat some stall builds and will at least pressure them a decent amount). Mega Kangaskhan has a strong matchup against offensive builds due to its priority Fake Out and revenge killing capabilities. While the two share a weakness to Fighting, Fighting-types are few and far between in Ubers, most of which are difficult to fit or justify on teams.

0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ghost: 258-306 (58.2 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ghost: 390-458 (88 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 64-76 (14.4 - 17.1%) -- possible 6HKO
0 SpA Arceus-Ghost Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 172-204 (38.7 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Giratina-O: 302-356 (68.4 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Giratina-O: 452-534 (102.4 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
248+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-O Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Arceus-Dark: 97-114 (21.8 - 25.6%) -- 1.6% chance to 4HKO
248+ Atk Giratina-O Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Arceus-Dark: 90-107 (20.2 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
248+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-O Dragon Tail vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Arceus-Dark: 97-115 (21.8 - 25.9%) -- 3.2% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 483-568 (74.1 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Blissey Seismic Toss vs. 0 HP Mega Kangaskhan: 100-100 (28.4 - 28.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Blissey Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 51-61 (14.5 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 316-373 (80.2 - 94.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 99-117 (28.2 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

Probably overkill since I don't even think calcs are necessary all but why not?

Last edited:
I would like that for future weeks you choose more obscure mons/sets (like block xerneas) that might need from this support from teammates. Common sets like this one are easy to find in the smogon dex where there is a section that recommends teammates and im almost sure most of the ones that are gonna be mention here are already there.

Apart from that, cool idea and i hope i can get new ideas from here :)

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Yeah I really enjoy the idea of this thread but I strongly believe that you should focus on more unexplored Pokemon and sets such as and for example, Mega Mewtwo X, Tentacruel, Jirachi, Arceus Dragon and other underused Arceus formes, etc that have a valuable niche but need the right teammates to shine.

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave / Heal Bell

Goth and Kangaskhan is a well known core for a good reason! They both cover each others flaws very well. Goth struggles vs Offense but excels vs defog builds. Kangaskhan is opposite - it excels vs offense and struggles vs defog builds. However, the shared ghost weakness is unfortunate but you should use crunch on Kang on this kind of builds anyways. Ghostceus is falling out of meta, so this core is better than ever. However, Sableye-Mega is a very strong mon vs this core. Your best bet is to pressure Sableye with Ice Punch Freezes.

How to use this core:
You open with Kangaskhan and force them to switch into their check. If the check isn't a ghost type then you can cripple it with guaranteed TWave or simply set up and proceed to win.

Heal Bell is a really poor option. It's only useful if you're incapable to switch Kangaskhan out on WoW.

Last edited:

Peli

correct me if I'm wrong but I believe miracle eye does not work on sableye because it gets bounced back

Edit:Thanks for the advice, will choose mons that need more team support in the future Thugly Duckling Pawnzer

Last edited:

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Description:
I feel that Yveltal could pair really well with Mega-Kangaskhan. Here's why:
Mega-Kangaskhan's most notable counters are usually Arceus-Ghost, Arceus-Water, Mega-Sableye, Giratina-o, Skarmory, Bulky Yveltal and Lugia. (assuming no rocks)
Every Pokemon on this list is physically defensive, moreover, all of them are susceptible to Yveltal's STABs. Yveltal also doesn't fear switching into most of these Pokemon, as most lack offensive utility & usually attempt to wear down an offensive threat by using status'. Yveltal forces every single aforementioned wall to switch to a counter like Blissey, Klefki or Ho-oh, (two of which are taunt bait) which are overpowered by Mega-Kangaskhan. However, if one chooses to stay in with his/her physical wall on Yveltal, the wall takes a crap ton of damage or just dies; which opens the gate for an offensive wincon to sweep. Mega-Kangaskhan + Yveltal is a great combination on an offensive team to pressurize balance/stall builds.

EVs:
184 speed outspeeds neutral base 90 speed Pokemon, however, 228 speed is also an option to outspeed adamant Rayquaza & 56 speed Arceus-Water.
I prefer modest over mild nature as modest still gets OHKO's on Mewtwo & Latis with Sucker Punch.

Calculations:

252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 331-391 (99.1 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 172-203 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ghost: 283-338 (63.8 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [after one calm mind]
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 214-253 (48.1 - 56.9%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 220-261 (72.3 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Judgment vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 76-90 (18.4 - 21.8%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Lugia Ice Beam vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 122-144 (29.6 - 35%) -- 11.8% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Arceus-Water Ice Beam vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 154-182 (37.4 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Reserving offensive Life Orb Yveltal.

This post was made 10:05 PM EST and should be packed full with good content by noon of tomorrow!

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Description:
I feel that Yveltal could pair really well with Mega-Kangaskhan. Here's why:
Mega-Kangaskhan's most notable counters are usually Arceus-Ghost, Arceus-Water, Mega-Sableye, Giratina-o, Skarmory, Bulky Yveltal and Lugia. (assuming no rocks)
Every Pokemon on this list is physically defensive, moreover, all of them are susceptible to Yveltal's STABs. Yveltal also doesn't fear switching into most of these Pokemon, as most lack offensive utility & usually attempt to wear down an offensive threat by using status'. Yveltal forces every single aforementioned wall to switch to a counter like Blissey, Klefki or Ho-oh, (two of which are taunt bait) which are overpowered by Mega-Kangaskhan. However, if one chooses to stay in with his/her physical wall on Yveltal, the wall takes a crap ton of damage or just dies; which opens the gate for an offensive wincon to sweep. Mega-Kangaskhan + Yveltal is a great combination on an offensive team to pressurize balance/stall builds.

EVs:
184 speed outspeeds neutral base 90 speed Pokemon, however, 228 speed is also an option to outspeed adamant Rayquaza & 56 speed Arceus-Water.
I prefer modest over mild nature as modest still gets OHKO's on Mewtwo & Latis with Sucker Punch.

Calculations:

252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 331-391 (99.1 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 172-203 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ghost: 283-338 (63.8 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [after one calm mind]
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 214-253 (48.1 - 56.9%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 220-261 (72.3 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Judgment vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 76-90 (18.4 - 21.8%) -- possible 5HKO
0 SpA Lugia Ice Beam vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 122-144 (29.6 - 35%) -- 11.8% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Arceus-Water Ice Beam vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 154-182 (37.4 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
lol

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Oh fuck. I actually didn't notice that. Sorry hyw, even if it expired, you can make a post about offensive Yveltal & I'll delete mine.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Darkrai is one of the most obvious partners because Kangaskhan lures in physical walls like Arceus Water, Arceus Rock and Klefki,Physically defensive Groudon and ghost type pokemons like Arceus Ghost and Giratina which Darkrai can put to sleep and setup. Mega-Sableye switches into Darkrai to bounce Dark Void but can easily be beaten by predicting the switchin and Nasty Plotting up. The sash variant checks Mega-Salamence that tries to setup on Mega Kanga by switching in on the Dragon Dance turn.Darkrai also checks foulplay user Yveltal by ptting it to sleep and 2hkoing it with sludge bomb at +2.

Kangaskhan also checks a few Darkrai counters like Deo-A ,Mewtwo variants(except Mega Mewtwo X), Sleep Talk Kyogre and Sleep Tallk Ho-oh although kanga has to sacrifice itself while checking Ho-oh. Using this core effectively requires a few predictions and depends on Dark Void accuracy and sleep roll but works fairly well against most switchins.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Rock: 298-352 (67.2 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Multiscale Lugia: 239-282 (57.4 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ghost: 595-704 (134.3 - 158.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 309-367 (101.6 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 445-525 (88.2 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 267-315 (78 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 267-315 (64.3 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 139-165 (33.4 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 339-402 (96 - 113.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

I would have gone with Life Orb Yveltal but it seems like that is taken. I think that is the best partner because it checks Ghost types really good and has a good matchup vs Ferrothorn, Lugia and Skarmory which are the main non-ghost pokemon who cause issues. Kangakhan has Earthquake for Klefki and can defeat special walls that Yveltal can't. I use this core and it works together extremely well. They both take out threats that the other struggles with a lot.
I guess this means I have to go with another teammate that also works well with Kangaskhan.

Not Kyogre (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock/Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave
Even though Primal Groudon is common it still deserves to be mentioned in this thread. It has Lava Plume which wrecks Steels such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory who are not demolished by Earthquake. It can set up Stealth Rock vs Stallish Arceus forms or paralyze them so they have harder time doing there job. It can paralyze foes which give Kangaskhan even more chances to be faster. Primal Groudon is also not outwalled by Mega Sableye either. It can also run Dragon Tail to defeat pokemon such as Giratina-O or Mega Salamence.
Mega Kangaskhan also helps Pdon by taking care of Kyogre while in rain even. It can also defeat Excadrill with Earthquake, and is really good against the Deoxys.
This core does not cover Groundceus or Bulky Yveltal well though so it does have some flaws. But Primal Groudon can be run with several different cores which makes it really viable and easy to use.

Peli

Congratulations to haxiom and Gunner Rohan for winning this week!
Honorable mention to orch with gothitelle, although the combo makes you too ghost weak and can't support cancer mons.

Week 2

Bulky Mega Mewtwo X

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Iron Tail
Mega-Mewtwo-X is a fairly under explored pokemon in the ORAS metagame. While extremely versatile, it lacks the sheer power to get OHKOs. With this set mewtwo can always live an Extreme Speed from Arceus at +2 with a life orb (jolly), and OHKO back.

Discuss!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Darkrai, hopefully sometime by later today, probably the afternoon

EDIT:

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder

Darkrai is a good offensive partner for Mega Mewtwo X. I chose Thunder Darkrai, because it can beat Ho-Oh, a Pokemon that the given Mega Mewtwo X set cannot beat, and that Darkrai struggles with if it lacks Thunder or Taunt. Mega Mewtwo X has Iron Tail, which hits Fairies super effectively, benefiting Darkrai, especially since this set lacks Sludge Bomb. Darkrai can be revenge killed by Extreme Killer Arceus, which is something that Mega Mewtwo X nicely provides an offensive check to with the given spread. Most Ghost-types that bother Mega Mewtwo X are beaten by Darkrai, along with some of Mega Mewtwo's other checks such as Latias. The two work nicely together to break down some bulky cores, using Taunt for Mega Mewtwo X and Dark Void for Darkrai, so that one of them can ultimately clean. I'm pretty sure there were some other things I was going to mention but I forgot them for now.

Last edited:
Reserving Yveltal

EDIT:

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Taunt​

Why is Tank Yveltal a good Mewtwo's teammate? Well, Mewtwo-X with that set is walled by some Pokemons like Ho-oh, Latwins ('cause Ice beam does not work well with a Jolly nature, except to hit M-Mence) and Ghost types in general such as Arceus-Ghost, Giratina and Aegislash. Well, Yveltal can take all these threats with a bulky set. Thanks to its trait, Foul Play and Sucker Punch are enough to kill the said mons. Sucker punch kills the Latwins, except for latias that has a little chance to survive but its Draco meteor is not enough to kill Yveltal. Foul Play does a big damage to Ho-oh, Arceus-Ghost and Aegislash if it's not in its Shield Form, and It won't able to return in it when Yveltal will use taunt on it. Giratina, well, it depends of its form, always use Taunt and if Giratina is in the Origin form, use Foul Play, on the other hand if Giratina is normal, use sucker punch. Roost makes long life to Yveltal.
On the other side, Mewtwo is a helpful teammate for Yveltal, it hits hard all Yveltal's main checks and counters, for example Diancie and Xerneas with Iron tail; Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Arceus-Rock and Arceus-Dark with Low Kick.

Last edited:
Reserving Scarf Genesect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Ice Beam

Genesect is considered a really mediocre mon in the current meta but it actually works as a check to a lot of pokemons that threaten Mega Mewtwo-X. Pokemons like Deoxys-Attack, Mega Mewtwo-Y, Yveltaland Ho-Oh are capable of easily killing MMX with stab psychic or flying type attacks. Genesect can easily switch into a Deo-A Psycho Boost or MMY Psystrike and kill them with U-Turn. Other mons like Ho-Oh and Yveltal are more dangerous so Genesect can't switch into an attack but can kill both of these mons with explosion. Genesect checks both the Lati@s(Which checks MMX too) with U-turn. Even though MMX has iron tail it can't really check xerneas with it because of Taunt/Moonblast predictions and the need for a revenge killer. Xerneas ohkos MMX with moonblast while iron tail does only 59% to xerneas on an average so Genesect is required as a seconday xern check. This core actually struggles against ghost mons like Arceus-Ghost and Giratina-O/A but Taunt/Iron Head/Ice beam combo might just pull it off. So Gensect is a good check to most mons threatening MMXbut struggles with a few mons.

252 SpA Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Genesect: 169-200 (59.7 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Deoxys-A Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 51-60 (18 - 21.2%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 116-137 (40.9 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 248 Atk Genesect U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 432-510 (122.3 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
248 Atk Genesect U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-A: 668-788 (277.1 - 326.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 248 Atk Genesect U-turn vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Latias: 356-420 (100.5 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 248 Atk Genesect Explosion vs. 248 HP / 208+ Def Ho-Oh: 309-364 (74.4 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
248 Atk Genesect Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 268-316 (68.1 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 212 Def Xerneas: 214-254 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Mewtwo X: 510-600 (144.4 - 169.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Ground

xerneas makes for a cool partner to bulky mm2, with mm2 stopping stall, ekiller, and steels, all of which mess up xerns sweep. i return, xern lures in aegislash and lugia for mm2, and defeats the msab/waterceus/bird that mm2x struggles against. rocks are pmuch mandated for this core, breaking down lugia/ho-oh, which are detrimental to both members of the core

Last edited:

mags

Banned deucer.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 160 Atk / 148 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave

Nobody is posting in this thread : ( anyways paradancer pdon is pretty cool and works well with this mmx set. I stole these evs from Steel but 12 speed with extra bulk and attack can also be worth it so its all about preference. MMX has trouble breaking stall and thats a good reason to not waste your mega on this pokemon but if you pair it with this monster you got a pretty good chance at beating stall. Pdon can twave checks that switch in like supportceus/lati twins/lugia which all give mmx some trouble. It sd's on the next switch in and really puts holes in teams especially stall because nothing can revenge kill it. MMX can help a lot vs offense by bopping mmence which is 1 of the most common MMX checks. It also soft checks ekiller and darkrai. However its is walled by xern but it can stop geomancy so pdon can come in and get a kill. Overall pdon can devastate stall and MMX is valuable vs offense. While combined they can do work against balance and bulky offensive teams.

Peli

Congrats to rayzard and haxiom for winning this week!

Week 3
Choice Scarf Lando-T!

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

I'll give this a shot, see what I can do.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Thunder Wave/Earthquake

Scarf Lando is a phenomenal pivot, happily taking on most of the common leads people would throw out i.e. Groudon, using its insanely good ability in such an offensively oriented metagame, and quickly noping out to be used as a decent cleaner later. EQ and Stone Edge obviously have near perfect coverage, but U-turn will be the move used most often. Explosion as a panic button is also always an option to severely weaken if not KO a foe that can't be taken otherwise.

Life Orb Tank Ho-oh is a good partner then, having Regenerator to act as a pseudo-VoltTurn, and having the bulk to take down many of the threats Lando-T fears. With Life Orb, Ho-oh hits only marginally weaker than Band, but gains the utility to recover, and attack multiple threats. Thunder Wave is my move of choice, crippling Xerneas on the set-up, Mega Salamence, Rock Arceus, and Deo. However, if your team is prone to Primal Groudon, EQ may be the answer to better check it, barring it doesn't have Stone Edge.

Ho-oh also tends to sponge Water-ceus Judgement (not well, but decently), Ice Beams from anyone, beats Giratina most of the time, and Ferrothorn all the time, with immunity to Will' O aimed at Landorus, while Landorus takes Rock-ceus, Mega Mence, E-killer, and gives Ho-oh a pseduo-Defense boost.

Watch for Lugia and Primal Kyogre though, as both can take multiple hits and beat this core. Try and pair these two with Xerneas, Water-ceus, A Mega-Mence or Mega-Sableye of your own and/or another pivot!

Landorus-T is an interesting mon in Ubers as
it's somewhat able to check/revenge kill physical threats like RP PDon, Ekiller and Ray and hence being quite useful against offense teams. It's matchup versus stall and balanced is rather mediocre as it gets easily walled by bulky stuff like Waterceus and Sab but fortunately it has access to u-turn. You're able to gain momentum back with u-turn and I think a mon like Perishtrap Gar would fit nicely.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

I prefer max. speed to get speed ties with mewto but a little bit of the speed EVs can be invested into sp.def.
It can threaten balance/ stall builds and is even more threatening with a u-turn user. It's rather poor matchup vs. HO ( can serve as Ekiller or Darkrai check, sacrificing itself) is kinda fixed(i cant think of a better term rn) with Lando :3

Last edited:

Peli

Will update soon after 1 submission in a period of time twice the normal slot in a hope to keep the thread alive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)