1v1 Resources Thread

Indeed it does kill it by "spunching" however, who expects counter? If in an elimination tornament you only fight people once.
Also regice is just there for amnesia setups/resto chesto and chansey can't fill that position. If you want to use chansey than thats fine by me, but I prefer regice.
Lol the only thing sawk does is either counter or reversal spam. That's like saying no one expects steEl stab on megagross.

Sorry to be the one to minimod. :'( but I wanted to clear up some stuff.
intellectual potato
Hello, welcome to Smogon but just for future reference, multiple posting (posting two or more posts in one threat consecutively with no/little responses between) is generally not allowed, so if you have more to say after you post, I suggest you edit your post to add content. Personally I would encourage you to lurk this meta much more as some of your posts are a bit uninformed and really unviable once you get into higher level gameplay. Making your first comment on a meta has a lasting impression of how that communities view you and it is much more benifical if you make thoughtfull and well argued comment and not just giving a set. Although you did post calcs you failed to calc against the S ranked mons. If a mon has a terrible matchup against the S-rank mons then it is definetly not worth to put into A,B. However, 1v1 one is differently oriented meta than most others because you can win battles just by catching someone offguard but once you get to higher lever gameplay and you have a bad matchup against the S/A ranked mons you can't win.
252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Regice: 93-109 (30.7 - 36%) -- 47.7% chance to 3HKO
Latios actually beats this thing which I find a bit funny
252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regice: 175-207 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Regice Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 198-234 (65.7 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You need to be able to calc the right sets as well. Banded Sawk loses to
A/S seems way too high for Sawk, B seems like a more reasonable area for Sawk to fall. As mentioned, sturdy + custap is a far greater option than choice band. The issue with Sawk is he faces competition from other sturdy users, see Rhyperior.
Rhyperior doesnt get sturdy although I get what you meant. Similar role because endure+custap.
Edit:DEG Ill finish Latios's analysis lol. When I'm in hell :P

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I *did* type up a huge analysis of M-lop (alongside M-medi) a month or two ago, I'm really not sure we need another one.

Also intellectual potato , while I appreciate that you're trying to put forward cool analyses I don't think things like Regice will ever be usable in 1v1, and perhaps spending more time getting to know the meta might help you make better analyses.

Fake Melo

Banned deucer.
I *did* type up a huge analysis of M-lop (alongside M-medi) a month or two ago, I'm really not sure we need another one.

Also intellectual potato , while I appreciate that you're trying to put forward cool analyses I don't think things like Regice will ever be usable in 1v1, and perhaps spending more time getting to know the meta might help you make better analyses.
So I see, maybe DEG could hyper link it then? I just picked lop because it was a Pokemon I had some knowledge on, and wasn't linked for an analysis(leading me to believe there was none).

Sorry, wasn't getting alerts about the threat for the past days for some reasons. Please do not multi post, if you wish to add something use the ''Edit'' button.

Added: MegaCham/MegaPuny analysis.
Needing: More Analysis for high ranked Pokemon, specially A rank. Refer to the list.
Discussing: Regigigas C or D
Mienshao C or D.

Last edited:

Fake Melo

Banned deucer.
Sorry, wasn't getting alerts about the threat for the past days for some reasons. Please do not multi post, if you wish to add something use the ''Edit'' button.

Added: MegaCham/MegaPuny analysis.
Needing: More Analysis for high ranked Pokemon, specially A rank. Refer to the list.
Discussing: Regigigas C or D
Mienshao C or D.
Ok, lets give this a go.
Regigigas -> C/D: Regigigas belongs in D and no where higher, testing with it for a bit I've seen it do a whole lot of nothing but lose. It's only strong suit is its gimmick with Mud Slap + Thunder Wave which isn't very reliable. Having lost most half its attack then half its speed it really can't do anything unless it can sliver its way a win with the very situational T wave then Mud Slap combo that doesn't even guarantee the win.

Mienshao -> C/D: Mien to C would be more appropriate than D in my opinion. Mien, though outclassed heavily by Lopunny & Mega Medicham is still a somewhat viable mon that can still see usage. We've seen other Pokemon that are outclassed heavily by another pokemon but are still ranked in C(see Blissey), so it wouldn't be out of line to place Mienshao there as it still offers high sweeping capability and coverage in the tier.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nominating Infernape from unranked > C. I asked dusk raimon to make a team around it, and it was surprisngly good. Anyways, this is my first nom here so sorry if I'm wrong but replays don't really show anything so I won't bother with them. If I should lmk.

Infernapes niche? Beats a decent group of high rank Pokemon with a simple Choice Band set:
Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Beats Chansey (252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 666-786 (103.7 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO, if a Chansey has HP then it comes down to a roll)
Beats both Charizards (and safely, Choice Band Stone Edge cleanly OHKOs Zard X)
Loses to Mega Gyarados (HOWEVER, has the potential to win if you run Thunder Punch instead of coverage, because MGyara's often won't mega evolve against nape.
Beats Kyub that does not have Choice Scarf
Roll with Mega Mawile (-1 252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 276-326 (92.3 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO)
Loses to Mega Mence

As you can see, it beats half of S rank cleanly, ties one of them, and can be made to beat another one with a slight change. That's definitely not bad. Beats a fair portion of A as well.

Infernape is not god by any means, but it is definitely a decent threat and does cover a good set of Pokemon. Apologies in advance if this nom looks retarded, thanks.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Nominating Infernape from unranked > C. I asked dusk raimon to make a team around it, and it was surprisngly good. Anyways, this is my first nom here so sorry if I'm wrong but replays don't really show anything so I won't bother with them. If I should lmk.

Infernapes niche? Beats a decent group of high rank Pokemon with a simple Choice Band set:
Infernape @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Beats Chansey (252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 666-786 (103.7 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO, if a Chansey has HP then it comes down to a roll)
Loses to Mega Gyarados (HOWEVER, has the potential to win if you run Thunder Punch instead of coverage, because MGyara's often won't mega evolve against nape.
Roll with Mega Mawile (-1 252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 276-326 (92.3 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO)
Loses to Mega Mence

As you can see, it beats half of S rank cleanly, ties one of them, and can be made to beat another one with a slight change. That's definitely not bad. Beats a fair portion of A as well.

Infernape is not god by any means, but it is definitely a decent threat and does cover a good set of Pokemon. Apologies in advance if this nom looks retarded, thanks.
My only question would be why iron fist? Blaze could potentially win you games by increasing flare blitz's power, since you don't have any punch moves.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My only question would be why iron fist? Blaze could potentially win you games by increasing flare blitz's power, since you don't have any punch moves.
laziness and lack of attention to small details

thunder punch if you ran it i guess? idk raimon made the set, ask him. infernape is frail combined with a bad defensive typing, so it really wont be living much anyways, but youre right, blaze is technically better.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Loses to Mega Mence

Tbh I didnt expect nape to work when I built it for you, but I laddered with it for a bit and it did really nicely, nice analysis btw.
Edit: ran iron fist cause I originally had Mach punch, U can run TPUNCH or machpunch over eq tbh

Mega Altaria for A rank

Mega Altaria beats more than half of the S ranked mons, in fact all of them if you run the correct set barring Chansey. With the Cotton Guard variant, it can even take on Mega Mawile with a few boosts and beat it with Roost stalling and Hyper Voices. I don't think Mega Altaria should be in B rank, because it beats a lot of the metagame, and it can be quite versatile with two set up options, DD and Cotton Guard, leaving you to guess which one it is. It can literally just click Giga Impact / Hyper Beam if it wants and beat a ton of the meta, and if you don't run that set then you can run a more stally set with Cotton Guard. I don't think it should be S rank though, since it can only run one of the two set up sets, and it suffers slightly from 4MSS. However I do think M-Alt should be A rank, as it beats a lot of the metagame, including a lot of S ranked mons such as both zards and MegaMence if you run the right EV spread. I usually run the Cotton Guard set, so I don't really know the EV spread for the DD set.

Sample Cotton Guard set:
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

EVs allow it to live an Adamant max attack Mega Salamence Giga Impact before a Cotton Guard and it still OHKOs with Draco, and if you don't want to risk the miss, Hyper Voice is a clean 2HKO while Mence is recharging after using Giga Impact. It can still take on plenty of hits from special attackers, most notably kyu-b, which it has a good chance to KO with Draco.

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Mega Altaria: 298-352 (84.1 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Mega Altaria Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 332-392 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. +6 252 HP / 172 Def Mega Altaria: 110-132 (31 - 37.2%) -- 74.1% chance to 3HKO -- you can get to +6 pretty easily vs megamaw
0 SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 72-84 (23.6 - 27.6%) -- 81.2% chance to 4HKO -- you can easily win barring a crit from maw's attack

I really think that Mega Altaria should be A- (if we have that) rank at least, due to its amazing ability to set up and beat a lot of the meta. As I said, Altaria can already beat a lot of the threats in S rank.

Meh, its typing is pretty decent against many things, but certain things such as chansey, and greninja sort of wall this. Draco is sort redundant, perhaps toxic or sub. Becuase hyper voice. Can't calc rn but pretry sure +4 againdt +6 alt can do a lot. Also, you need way more evs in def if you want to beat mega maw.

Last edited:
Meh, its typing is pretty decent against many things, but certain things such as chansey, and greninja sort of wall this. Draco is sort redundant, perhaps toxic or sub. Becuase hyper voice. Can't calc rn but pretry sure +4 againdt +6 alt can do a lot. Also, you need way more evs in def if you want to beat mega maw.
I've already beaten more than one megamaw with this exact Altaria. If I'd saved a replay, I'd show you. But I know from experience that Mega Altaria can beat megamaw after CG boosts, which aren't that hard to get vs maw since I'm faster.

I've already beaten more than one megamaw with this exact Altaria. If I'd saved a replay, I'd show you. But I know from experience that Mega Altaria can beat megamaw after CG boosts, which aren't that hard to get vs maw since I'm faster.
Yea not with that spread, play rough is a 2hko after 2.5 boost.

Both Mega Charizards, Kyurem B get OHKO'd by CB Hustle Durant. 2HKO Mega Gyarados, Mega Salamence at -1 and can OHKO-2HKO Mega Mawile depending on the set. Outspeeds all of them except scarfed Kyurem B.

It does if you are running stone edge... but stone edge shouldn't be ran on durant.
The set he is talking about probably runs it though
EDIT:Clarifying. It OHKO's the charizards not megamence.
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mega Salamence: 188-222 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO

It does if you are running stone edge... but stone edge shouldn't be ran on durant.
The set he is talking about probably runs it though
EDIT:Clarifying. It OHKO's the charizards not megamence.
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mega Salamence: 188-222 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO
some chars r defensive too :(

Reactions: 1vI
I found somewhat of a cheap strategy use:
Donphan
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 25
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard

it can get countered pretty easily by things with priority moves and status moves but can catch an unknowing player off guard

I found somewhat of a cheap strategy use:
Donphan
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 25
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard

it can get countered pretty easily by things with priority moves and status moves but can catch an unknowing player off guard
Wehn it's level 25, it is literally so obvious that it is going to do :(, probably level 100 variant is better

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave/Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Switcheroo

I first started using this Pokemon to counter annoying Pokemon like Whimsicott and such. It has also proven to be very good in a lot of other scenarios. It counters a lot of Pokemon. I'll edit this post later with a list of stuff it counters/can counter.

It can beat:
Mega Salamence - outspeeds turn 1, Draco OHKO's.
tbc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)