Azumarill @ Splash Plate
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Encore

So basically Physically Defensive Skarmory can soak up hits from even Choice Band Azumarill pretty easily and use it for Defog or Healing Fodder if it lacks Superpower. With Encore, Azumarill can trap Skarmory into a single move and continuously wear it down through Waterfall and in general be able to punish it for trying to do anything against it save for Whirlwind.

Last edited:

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch

Skarmory will feel safe to switch into Breloom after it has Spored something. However, Focus Punch allows Breloom to heavily punish switch-ins like this as it can 2HKO Skarmory after Stealth Rock. This also allows you to hurt Tangrowth, Dragalge, Chesnaught and Mega Scizor.

252+ Atk Breloom Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 153-181 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Tyranitar
@ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

CB Tyranitar is pretty uncommon compared to other sets like Scarf. Because of this, physically defensive Skarmory is usually compelled to switch in. With CB, however, Tar can surprise Skarm by doing big damage with Stone Edge. Stone Edge deals 46.7 - 55%, which is a 99.6% chance to KO after SR damage if you don't factor in accuracy. With the speed EVs, Tar is also faster, preventing Skarm from healing before you have the chance to kill. Even if the Skarm user decides to switch out after the initial Stone Edge, they will have already taken a good deal of damage in the process. This renders Skarmory incapable of switching in as safely the next time around, and softens it up for another team member to take down later. I prefer this over Fire Blast Tar as a lure because CB is generally more difficult to switch into overall and has superior wallbreaking potential, letting it threaten the kind of teams Skarmory is usually found on better.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 44 Def / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
-Brave Bird / Air Slash
-Roost / Taunt
-Heat Wave
-Nasty Plot
/ Roost

I know, I know, Crobat is laughed at in OU but I think that's exactly what makes him a worthwhile lure. No one expects Crobat to do anything save be a subpar Brave Bird spammer who can maybe have a Poison STAB on hold. Here we see a Special version of Crobat designed to lure not only Physically Defensive Skarmory but Ferrothorn, Forretress, and most other hazards/physical walls. Because Skarmory can easily handle Crobat's main moves and STABs it's a no-brainer to send in Skarmory when the opponent throws out Crobat because what can he do? Nasty Plot then one shot your ass with a Heat Wave, that's what.
+2 252+ SpA Crobat Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 400-472 (120.1 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But of course, if the enemy sees you use a NP on the turn they switch then they'll suspect something's up so you can run Roost over Nasty Plot which cripples your damage but lets you keep the surprise Heat Wave:
252+ SpA Crobat Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 202-238 (60.6 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I prefer the previous move set with NP so that if the opponent switches after sending in Skarmory you can still have a boosted attack for whichever pokemon they send in next.
As far as BB v AS it's a matter of how well you want to play the charade. Use Brave Bird to really lure the opponent into thinking you're running a typical physical Crobat or Air Slash if you don't care to play that high level of mind games.

reserving Fire Punch Conkeldurr

ONE PUNCH!!! @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off / Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

so we got flames right here ;). Fire Punch Conk with LO Sheer Force can easily pick up the 2HKO on Skarmory, a common switch in. Usually it can just come in and set up some hazards, but now, it gets 2HKO'd. Max speed allows you to outspeed stuff like clef, and other
bulky base ~60's. If you want to lure Clefable, Poison Jab is an alternative option.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
opm season 2 lgi
OK.

Last edited:
Reserving Smack Down Lando-T
RIP

reserving Heat Wave Xatu
k, we gucci

Xatu (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- U-turn
- Roost

Thought I'd bring something fresh to the table. Xatu as a magic bouncer is severely outclassed in terms of bulk when compared to Mega Sableye and as a result, is often glossed over. However, access to reliable recovery and coverage allows it to beat certain spikers/rockers. This set aims in to lure Skarm while bouncing back hazards.

Calcs:
0 SpA Xatu Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 174-206 (52 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost

252+ SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 272-320 (81.4 - 95.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Togekiss: 152-180 (48.8 - 57.8%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Reserving Smack Down Lando-T
RIP

reserving Heat Wave Xatu
k, we gucci

Xatu (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- U-turn
- Roost

Thought I'd bring something fresh to the table. Xatu as a magic bouncer is severely outclassed in terms of bulk when compared to Mega Sableye and as a result, is often glossed over. However, access to reliable recovery and coverage allows it to beat certain spikers/rockers. This set aims in to lure Skarm while bouncing back hazards.
Calcs:
0 SpA Xatu Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 174-206 (52 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Wait, I'm confused. Why would I send out a physically defensive Skarmory against a mon that has Magic Bounce, Heat Wave suggested on every single smogon set, and I won't be able to easily KO with Iron Head?

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost

252+ SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 272-320 (81.4 - 95.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Togekiss: 152-180 (48.8 - 57.8%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Wouldn't Fire Blast be the better option? While it does have shaky accuracy, the sheer power is worth it, and it can OHKO Skarm.

252+ SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 332-392 (99.4 - 117.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Wouldn't Fire Blast be the better option? While it does have shaky accuracy, the sheer power is worth it, and it can OHKO Skarm.

252+ SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 332-392 (99.4 - 117.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
if fire blast misses the opponent turns the set without having suffered damage, I do not like when it happens, I prefer in this case to have the most accurate since I already NP to increase strength, is a surprise assured ;)

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Voting starts now and will end in 48 Hours!

Mixed Lure Jirachi
Smack Down Landorus-Therian
Wild Charge Diggersby
Thunderbolt Latios
Fire Blast Garchomp
Fire Blast Mega Altaria
Heat Wave Tornadus-Therian
Encore Azumarill
Focus Punch Breloom
Choice Band Tyranitar
Heat Wave Crobat
Fire Punch Conkeldurr
Heat Wave Xatu
Fire Blast Togekiss
Taunt Bisharp

Heat Wave Tornadus-Therian

Fire Blast Togekiss
It is not Fire Blast Togekiss, but it is Flamethrower Togekiss (the user who posted this submission preferred accuracy to power and that set has Nasty Plot to add power to the latter move). Look at the first post on page 27.

Am I allowed to ask why Xatu (currently unranked in the OU viability list) has been accepted as a lure?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun
Heat Wave Xatu

Thank you Skarmx2,it is your kindness to edit your post for not being repetition with mine.And Xatu do perform a good Skarmory handler.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
I can't remember the last time I've seen Skarmory switch in against a Magic Bounce user so I don't really think Xatu is the best lure out there.
Encore Azumarill is cool but without PuP you don't really make use of the free turns of Roost-locked Skarmory. Having a free switch in with any pokemon is nice but if you hit Skarm with a banded Waterfall it's already forced to Roost.
Latios, Togekiss and Torn-T would have made more sense if it were SpD Skarmory because PDef Skarm won't be switching in against any of those too often.
Smack Down Lando-T would be my vote if it were SD Smack Down. Defensive may surprise Skarmory but without any attack investment or SD there are still many pokemon that can switch in on EQ without much troubles. I don't really like Bisharp either because you either have to give up Sucker / Knock or SD.

Voting for Choice Band TTar because it's a great set in general and it doesn't require the prediction Fire Blast TTar does because why not just spam a 100 BP STAB move coming from a Choice Banded Adamant 134 attack stat.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Voting is over, and our winner through voting is Smack Down Lando-T by Shuple and our other winners are Choice Banded Tyranitar and Fire Blast Garchomp!

Honorable Mentions include Fire Blast Mega Altaria, Flamethrower Togekiss and Taunt Bisharp!

Smack Down Lando-T: 6
Thunderbolt Latios: 1
Heat Wave Torn-T: 1
Fire Blast Mega Altaria: 1
Wild Charge Diggersby: 1
Taunt Bisharp: 1
Heat Wave Xatu: 1
Choice Band Tyranitar: 1

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Week 21: Mixed Wall Hippowdon

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Hippowdon plays a bit differently from Garchomp and Landorus-Therian. The major difference is that Hippo doesn't have a 4x Weakness to Ice, a common coverage move on Electric types and with the benefit of Hippowdon's Bulk is sure to tank a HP Ice. Despite these pros, Hippowdon does have its cons; Hippowdon is much slower than Garchomp or Lando-T so it does give the team a slower momentum, and also with this slow speed makes Hippowdon to sometimes take a hit before it can even move.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)