UnderUsed Battle of the Week! - Closed For UU Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hikari / Calloflochie / Teal6

The match we were promised (but didn't get) or the SPL dark horse vs the finalists.

Let's be honest though, the battle of the week (read: month) was Hikari's win last night :]

Nom me guys. Nomming the same 15-20 ppl that r the "best of uu" over n over is stale
I'd rather see the same 6-8 top players play than watch a couple of mid-tier or worse players duke it out in a very meaningless match to be honest. Like what do we as a playerbase gain from something like a Brandonbeast vs Threw fight (for example)?

they gain more interest because being able to play is more attainable. it would call those players that are "mid to low tier" to play better as well. and that whole notion is the issue as well. the skill gap in our player base isn't as big as you would think. theyre are plenty of competent players, the fact of the matter is for whatever reason people want to pay attention to the same people over and over again as if everyone else is inferior to these top players. the way players get better for playing in higher levels in competition is being able to participate in things like this. we just had 8 weeks of spl to see these players that everyone wants to nom play already. i just dont get it lol maybe im crazy

Threw

cohiba
as if everyone else is inferior to these top players
The reason why they're top players is because they're superior to other players.

Also, I think you're overestimating this gulf between spl-level players and non-spl-level players. I can go on PS! right now and get a match with Christo, hogg, teal, etc even though they're much better than I am. The point of this thread in particular, though, is to see the best players play

I'd rather see the same 6-8 top players play than watch a couple of mid-tier or worse players duke it out in a very meaningless match to be honest. Like what do we as a playerbase gain from something like a Brandonbeast vs Threw fight (for example)?
I think you very much so underestimate some people. Just because they aren't as notable as somebody like Hikari or King or something doesn't mean they're automatically a 'do not compete'.

I think it would be pretty cool tbh, maybe designate a couple weeks to some up and coming players, where we could, rather than just having a battle between two top tier players, maybe spend some time with critiquing their battling and/or teambuilding choices so they could get constructive feedback from the top members of the community. To add on to what Nightingales said, the top players are all gonna be gone someday, unless they're all decide to stick around for decades. A prime example of what I'm thinking is the fact that Hikari stated that this was his last SPL, maybe to some extent lochie's activity over the season, etc. Point is, it's stuff like this that could make the middle player base potential candidates for top level play in the future, who knows. Might be overshooting it a little but I can't see feedback from the community as a whole as a bad thing.

There were 26 different players out of a possible 32 different players between the last two cycles, not really the same faces time and time again.

If you want to see someone in particular, vote for them. There's a big trend in voters seeing early candidates and going "oh, I'd like to see them play" anyway. More people will shuffle into the fold as tournaments and chances to "prove yourself" go on - looking just at the people who played before, there's pretty distinct classes that have come up. Me, Hogg, Christo, Sacri, Dodmen, Pak and r0ady all started playing UU seriously around the same time, which was like, less than a year ago.

There will certainly be another class of players that come and make names for themselves through subforum tours, UU Open / Grand Slam, POWC, UUPL and then eventually SPL. If you think someone has the potential to do that and you want an early taste of them in the limelight, vote for them now!

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Vote for whoever the fuck you want to vote for. Nobody can or should police you into voting for certain people. If u for some reason think its ok to bitch and moan about the matter than ur priorities might be out of wack.

That is all. Happy battling folks.

Vote for whoever the fuck you want to vote for. Nobody can or should police you into voting for certain people. If u for some reason think its ok to bitch and moan about the matter than ur priorities might be out of wack.

That is all. Happy battling folks.
Damn Danielle, sorry for speaking my opinion!

Reactions: nv

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, shitty that this happened on the first week but I'm delaying this till the morning due to irl emergency

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Koko Christo King Uu

If they do end up getting nommed please pick koko vs one of the koko baits

I hope everything turns out well roady.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
My Votes: Teal / Hogg / IB

This weeks 5 nominations are:

teal6 Hikari Hogg IronBullet dodmen

Vote for the one of these five that you would like to see battle this week, voting will stay up for two days. My vote - Hogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)