Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manectric dropping to NU seems very weird. With Sceptile gone I don't know if there will be much to stop it. I don't want to run Camerupt or Quagsire on every team. I'm probably forgetting a shit ton more checks/counters to this thing, but still.

And thank god Crustle finally dropped. I think it should be pretty manageable as it's typing is complete ass, and it's slow. The only hazard remover that DOESN'T lose to it is Prinplup though. Hazard removal in general isn't really required in PU (unless you're using something like Articuno), so I don't think Crustle will be trouble at all in regards to its hazard set either.

| 44 | Ambipom | 5.522% |
| 53 | Cinccino | 4.450% |
sigh

| 57 | Typhlosion | 3.954% |
Progress, at least.

Meanwhile, actual possible drops to NU next month include Gastrodon (better in OU than RU, lol), Trevenant, Smeargle, and Aggron. Make of that what you will.

Really was hoping for Aggron/Trev...soon at least.
Manectric dropping to NU seems very weird. With Sceptile gone I don't know if there will be much to stop it. I don't want to run Camerupt or Quagsire on every team. I'm probably forgetting a shit ton more checks/counters to this thing, but still.

And thank god Crustle finally dropped. I think it should be pretty manageable as it's typing is complete ass, and it's slow. The only hazard remover that DOESN'T lose to it is Prinplup though. Hazard removal in general isn't really required in PU (unless you're using something like Articuno), so I don't think Crustle will be trouble at all in regards to its hazard set either.
It can just run HP Water to help w/ Don+Camel or Grass for Don+Quag sooo. AV Hariyama+Chan shit on Manectric even with rocks up. SpD MDino and even mixed defenses handles it. AV Mag is shaky, no rocks and Tbolt 3hkos. That's just what switches into it, other stuff can 1v1 by taking a bit and smacking back. Or just beat it offensively. Tauros and Archeops have been picking up more steam lately and outspeed+OHKO w/ EQ. Pyroar as well with its move of choice.

I'm keeping LO set in mind. W/ its coverage Id hate to be choice locked.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread but when will we see the next 3.41% drops/rises? I feel like May is correct, but am not positive about that. Conk/Sylveon/M.Altaria drops would be neat (although I think Altarianite is banned from UU), and with another month of usage Amoonguss may actually rise to OU - yay stall!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
| 61 | Gastrodon | 3.147% | | 62 | Smeargle | 3.066% | | 63 | Trevenant | 2.842% |

Drop RU mons Drop!

Manectric moved from RU to NU

Why do RU players not use the good mons though, that's what weirds me out o_O

| 67 | Mandibuzz | 3.614% |

One day baby, one day...

Reactions: nv

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Hey, at least Seismitoad's actually good in RU. Unlike a few other mons that are still up there.... (And I won't mention their names either)
oh you mean Ambipom, the best FAKE OUT user ever. I don't get why every one tells me to not use it. After all Fake Out has the ability to FLINCH 100% of the time which means it is good for getting free damage. Not to mention it gets STAB LAST RESORT. Don't worry things like MEGA STEELIX don't exsist which makes it easy to get Ambipom SWEEPS

Also, what the fuck is it about Ambipom that makes you want it to drop so much? It's pretty bad in RU but it's not like it's going fix all of NU's problems.

Also, what the fuck is it about Ambipom that makes you want it to drop so much? It's pretty bad in RU but it's not like it's going fix all of NU's problems.
Because it is one of the three worst mons in RU with Cincinno and Typhlosion that get way too much usage in that tier and deserve to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)